PDA

View Full Version : The most unusual thing you've done on the game

Wezzy
05-23-2005, 07:05 AM
i have 2 very unusual things i have done on the game

:lionheart on disc one :D
:level 70 on disc one :eek:

what has every one else done that is very bizzare/unusual?

ShadowHeart
05-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Omnislash on disc 1.. I actually never heard of anyone else that did it, but I know I'm not alone about it :p It was fun.. I killed Jenova LIFE in one go with it, but I may have attacked it once or twice or so before Omnislash with some summon.. I just remember killing it with Omnislash and the battle being VERY short.

Wezzy
05-23-2005, 07:22 AM
i thought it wasn't possible to get omnislash on disc 1 !!! tell me how please i'm begging and the tension is killing me lol

ShadowHeart
05-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Just go to the battle square and win enough BP. You need A LOT of BP to buy Omnislash on disc 1 though. It costs 32,000 BP on disc 2/3, but it's a lot higher on disc 1.. can't remember the exact price, but it's definitely above 50,000, maybe above 60,000. You need patience above all else to get it, unless you have severly over-leveled characters :)

Wezzy
05-23-2005, 10:09 AM
my characters are always over-leveled...how come it costs more? Is it because it's disc 1, or, what the average lvl of your characters are?

ShadowHeart
05-23-2005, 10:41 AM
It's probably because you're not supposed to get Omnislash on disc 1. I guess it's just there for the crazy mofos to get it if they really want to.

I can't really remember what my average levels are at any stage of the game :p But I started playing the game again yesterday, at Chocobo Farm for first time now.. I'll probably try to get Omnislash on disc 1 again, but I'm not going to get that far today or even tomorrow I guess :)

Wezzy
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
lol i'm a complete ff freak i do everything straight away i play for like 7 hours a day lol but that's only on 7 and 8 cos they're the best ones in my opinion the others aren't as good

alfaitha
05-23-2005, 08:35 PM
:lionheart on disc one :D

How in the heck did you get the Lionheart in Disk1; and by Lionheart, do you mean the weapon, the Limit Break, or the whole package?

FFnut
05-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Limit Break comes with the weapon. If I remember correctly, you need Ammo-RF from Ifrit and you need to play cards until the cows come home - assuming the cows live in the middle of the ocean and don't know how to swim. Getting the Pulse Ammo on Disc 1 is the most difficult part of that whole thing.

LoKuS
05-23-2005, 08:47 PM
that's only on 7 and 8 cos they're the best ones in my opinion the others aren't as goodThen you need a new opinion my friend. ;)

ShadowHeart
05-23-2005, 11:49 PM
No, you do, apparently :)

Wezzy
05-24-2005, 11:59 AM
well to get the lionheart on disc one u need to be severly overleveled to get the laser cannons from elastiods when you r laguna. to get the adamantines refine minotour or sacred card forgotten which one lol. i forgotten how to get dragon fangs but look at www.goecities.com/lunaticpandorasbox i think

Wezzy
05-24-2005, 12:01 PM
soryy for spamming but that link is worng here is the right one http://www.geocities.com/lunaticpandorasbox/gunblade.htm

ShadowHeart
05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
You can edit your own posts, you know.

And you don't need to be overleveled for anything in FFVIII. There isn't a single enemy or boss that will be easier with a higher level (except possibly towards the end, most if not all bosses have a max level, but not normal enemies) except Omega Weapon (he's always level 100 it seems), because enemies level up with you. In fact, most enemies are easier at low levels, because their stats grow faster by each level than yours do and they will use their best attacks only at high levels.. strength in FFVIII is determined by your junctioning, not your levels :)

alfaitha
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
good point. But as far as getting any weapon in FFVIII regardless of level, monsters, or items. Don't you need the magazines first: Which in the case of the Lionheart you dont get until like Disk 3.

Wezzy
05-24-2005, 01:28 PM
to get lionheart heart on disc one u need to be overleveled for that:D and if you want a challenge then u get high levels anyway lol

ShadowHeart
05-24-2005, 01:54 PM
You don't need the magazines to be able to make a weapon. If you have the necessary items to make a weapon, it will appear automatically in any junk shop.

And you don't need a high level to get Lionheart on disc 1. If you want to get Laser Cannons from Elastoids to get Pulse Ammo, sure, then you need a high level. But you can also get Pulse Ammo from Energy Crystals, and you can get Energy Crystals from refining Elnoyle cards.. you can get Elnoyle cards in Balamb Garden already, in like the first hour of the game. It will take a while to get all the cards you need, but it sure is possible.

You can get Dragon Fangs by killing Grendels.. even from a low level one, so you don't need high levels for that. You can fight a fixed battle against one in Balamb Garden during the NORG's hunt for Cid, but that's not on the 1st disc, right?). You can fight them in random battles at various locations on the Galbadia continent (not sure on exact locations) and on ICTH (but you can't get there on the 1st disc).

Wezzy
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
yeah, but you need 10 elnoyle cards to get just one, i think you 20 to get enough ammo don't you? i have to say i would rather level to get them rather than play cards the whole time, don't get me wrong i love cards but it's very annoying playing for that long. I stopped playing ff8 for a long time trying to get a card off laguna's adopted daughter(forgotten her name and the card i was getting off her, it may have been the Laguna card) when Rinoa goes psycho and realeases Adele. It was very very hard to get with the rules in outer space but i s'pose i could (should) have tried harder so i may start playing it again soon. I would mave on witht he game but i want every card in the whole game i have done almost everything else i think.

ShadowHeart
05-24-2005, 03:49 PM
And I'd rather get the cards than level up. I don't level up in FFVIII until the end of the 3rd disc when I have all stat boosting GF abilities. IMO, every level up is wasted if you didn't have 4 stat boost abilities equipped. You can't undo a level up. But then, I'm lazy and rather wait with Lionheart until disc 3 altogether. You don't need it that early anyway, the game is easy enough :)

Wezzy
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
yeah that's true the game is very easy but i like to be different

ShadowHeart
05-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I just got Omnislash on disc 1 before Tempe of the Ancients ^_^. Cost 51200 BP.. took me 12 rounds at the Battle Square to get ~58000, but I screwed up a few times and could've made it in less. I was at level 40, if you wanted to know :) But anyway, yeah, lets see how that Demons Gate boss likes some Omnislash up its behind :D

Wezzy
05-25-2005, 04:53 PM
But anyway, yeah, lets see how that Demons Gate boss likes some Omnislash up its behind :D

i like your style:D

ShadowHeart
05-25-2005, 05:07 PM
It died in one hit. One Omnislash that is :D

Wezzy
05-25-2005, 05:22 PM
it's all good :D

gcarev10
11-09-2005, 05:53 PM
for lionheart what? for omislash yes bat you cant user limit in the batle.

ShadowHeart
11-09-2005, 06:24 PM
What battle? I'm sorry, I don't understand.

水草Cloud
11-10-2005, 03:50 AM
Lion heart is not difficult to get on Disc1.But level 70 on disc one needs too much time.