PDA

View Full Version : why do you like cats

richboywonder
11-28-2006, 11:35 PM
ok,since everybody loves cats explain why you like them.there has to be some reason why you like them.

Zeromus_X
11-29-2006, 01:14 AM
They are the most beautiful creatures in existence. :)

dappa
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
There are plenty of reasons but for me I have always had a cat living in my home since birth so it is the only type animal which has been constantly in my life.

I love it when my cats show affection when I rub their bellies and when I tickle them under their chins.

I love it when my cats come upstairs and fall asleep with me and I wake up to find them snoring.

When I pick my cat up, garfield his name is, he pulls this funny face cause he dont like being picked up. I may take a picture of him doing this sometime and post it on this forum

There are tonnes of reasons why I love cats.

John Smith
11-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Who said that I like cats? :D

Avathar
11-29-2006, 05:06 PM
They are the most beautiful creatures in existence. :)

Ah man, so true.

When I look into the eyes of my cat, I sense she's not just an animal, you know.

She's a.. companion. <3

Arkacia
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
I like cats because they are intelligent (abuse a cat, and it will just leave, abuse a dog and the stupid thing comes straight back for more), affectionate, self cleaning, don't make a lot of noise, keep vermin down, excercise themselves, aren't vicious unless threatened or frightened, and are just plain cute.

Staircase
11-29-2006, 06:28 PM
I think most of the above posters have explained it perfect.

"Scientists have tried changing cats before, but to no avail. Some say it is because cats are the perfect animal." - Quote from a random cat book i own. ;)

Kat
11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I think most of the above posters have explained it perfect.

"Scientists have tried changing cats before, but to no avail. Some say it is because cats are the perfect animal." - Quote from a random cat book i own. ;)perfect explaination so far :)

Seyluv
11-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Cats are just so cool, and amazing. I mean they very cute, they smart, and I don't know if you agree with me or not, but they are really strong. Like lion are known for their big heart and because of their strength just like some other cats I know.

Arkacia
11-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Two interesting cat family facts.

First, when a male feline, and this covers house cats to lions, takes over as 'leader' of a cat community, the first thing he does is kill all kittens fathered by the previous leader male. That is to bring the females ready for mating quickly so he can get down to passing on his genes to the next generation.

In lion prides, the females do all the hunting, not the lazy males. The males use their size and strength to intimidate the females into letting them eat first however. Occasionally the females will be hungry enough to join together enn masse and chase the male off the kill, but that doesn't happen a lot.

and one strange thing I saw on a nature show. For some reason, male lions will go out of their way to kill cheetah cubs. Scientists haven't figured out why yet, but it has been observed the lions will activly search for cheetah cubs, and kill any they find. Being much smaller than a lion, the mother cheetah can't do much to defend her babies.

John Smith
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
I like cats because they are intelligent (abuse a cat, and it will just leave, abuse a dog and the stupid thing comes straight back for more), affectionate, self cleaning, don't make a lot of noise, keep vermin down, excercise themselves, aren't vicious unless threatened or frightened, and are just plain cute.

And wreak your sofas ;)

richboywonder
11-30-2006, 09:39 PM
do thet really do that

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I have a two year old cat and a 6 month old cat both of which are very playful.
A sad but not to bad thing for me is that my 6 month old cat was taken away from his mother to early so he loves(needs) attention. So he's really cute and playful and pers if you pet him just once. The little cat annoys my older cat though so they often get into "cat fights" :p but tey don't use claws on each other which is nice. Also, both my cats love to play in water and are great at climbing up and down trees. Its pretty cool to come home and see 2 pairs of eyes glowing down at you from a tree 30 feet up.

An as Zeromus said they are very beautiful creatures.

dappa
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I used to do charity work at a special needs centre and I had two lovely cats to play with and keep me occupied. One was called spot (named after commander datas cat) and the other one was called leo.

One was the most scraggiest scruffiest cat you could ever imagine but he was lovely but constantly meowed for attention and the other one used to follow you everywhere and sit on you and try and get you to give him food all the time.

I miss these two cats now I dont work there anymore but have fond memories.

John Smith
12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
do thet really do that

And curtains.

But they're cute ^.^

Tiny Bronco
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
My cats will sometimes scratch on the but not to often. They go in and out of the house whenever they want to so if tey want to sharpen their claws they do it outside of a tree or something.

Blaze
12-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I have two part himalayin cats