PDA

View Full Version : One thing that really bugs me about this game

Zerlina
05-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok I love FFVII...it's combating with IX right now for my favourite. But...

With the other final fantasies they TOLD you where to go. Even if you didn't know where the city or cave or town was, they told you to go there. With VII sometimes they just left it up in the air and there was really no way to know which place to go to to advance the plot. I did the entire Wutai side quest thinking it was part of the game, and then wandered around aimlessly for a few hours until I got lucky. This happened so many times I just got so incredibly annoyed. Plus finding the key to the ancients was so screwed up. They said look where light never touches. So I went to Midgar and then the guy at the front said he lost the key to Midgar when he was digging in the excavation site. That led me to Bone City where I spent a good 20 minutes clicking every single spot to try and find a key. Until- OH WAIT. Apparently it's under ground now. So I went to every freakin cave and ran into every freakin monster TWICE thinking I'd missed it the first time, before giving up and finding a walkthrough. IT'S UNDERWATER? AGHHHH! I didn't even know you could get the submarine, because when you wash up on Junon, Yuffie says something like "I could steal a submarine but we can't pilot it."

The other thing is Ultima Weapon. What the ****? Is there anything in the history of video games that travels with more inefficiency?

*rips face off*

Wezzy
05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
well i think (i don't mean to be aggresive so please don't take offense if that's how it seems) that it's easy to know where your going if you read it better...i'll admit they don't tell you exactly where to go but they give hints...i think anyway but i haven't played it in a long time so shut me up if i'm wrong :)

FFnut
05-23-2005, 05:03 PM
The other thing is Ultima Weapon. What the ****? Is there anything in the history of video games that travels with more inefficiency?

Woltar in Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time when you get to Castle Airyglyph to get Albel. Granted, he's an old man, but he is slow.

ShadowHeart
05-23-2005, 06:11 PM
You can make him speed up by talking to him twice though, but that will lower most of your party members' affection rating for you :)

poosandwees
06-23-2005, 01:56 AM
stop whining - it's a bloody great game

ShadowHeart
06-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Easy with the attitude there..

KeN4628
07-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Can I ask something on Star ocean? Is it like final fantasy? Like you walk around and then end up in a fight and choose which commands to do?

ShadowHeart
07-02-2005, 07:28 PM
In Star Ocean (for SNES) and Star Ocean 2 (for PSX), there are random battles like in FF games, in Star Ocean 3 (for PS2) however, you see enemies on-screen, and have to run into to them (or get run into by them) to start a fight.

Battles are fought completely different than in FF games. You fight in real time.. ie, you control one of the characters in your battle party at one time, run around on the battlefield and attack enemies with attacks, special attacks called killer moves or magic. You can change the character you're controlling at any given time during battle.. the other characters are AI controlled (you can set in the menu what kind of strategy they should use, ie all out attack, more careful, and so on). Everything happens in real-time, but in SO1 and SO2 some (most actually) spells stops time while they are animating.

You should probably have asked this in the "Other Video Games" forum instead..

dappa
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
In reference to what the thread author said, you can never really go wrong with a final fantasy game if you follow this rule 'if you can see it explore it, examine it'

I do this on most games and it never fails me.

Phoenix Flame
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
If you follow this rule 'if you can see it explore it, examine it'

Amen!

Tiny Bronco
11-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I never had problems knowing what to do because if its important to the plot the text becomes a light blue. Also, if you don't know where to go just hit select twice to pop up the world map and visit any city you already haven't. Thats how I found the Temple of Ancients my first time playing.