PDA

View Full Version : remaking final fantasies

richboywonder
12-04-2006, 12:59 AM
when they remake a final fantasy is there anything different from the regular one.like when they remade ff1,2,3,4,5,6 on gba.(FF3 for DS)did anything change.

Zeromus_X
12-04-2006, 01:30 AM
All the tiny little differences could probably fill a book, but know that generally updated graphics and added features have been added (such as collections, like Bestaries, and bonus dungeons with new items and enemies). Here's some of the features off the top of my head:

Final Fantasy Origins (Final Fantasy I and II, PlayStation)

Difficulty options for FFI, and fixed bugs. Otherwise, both games are the same with the addition of some configuration settings and Amano artwork and item collections. Hosts updated graphics and near-orchestral quality rearranged soundtrack.

Final Fantasy I and II (Famicom):

Just the first two games combined in one cartridge.

Final Fantasy I, and Final Fantasy II (Wonderswan Color)

Same games with updated graphics.

Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls (Gameboy Advance)

Graphics comparable to that of FF Origins. Extremely downgraded difficulty. Bonus dungeons with extra equipment and an additional storyline for FFII have been added.

Final Fantasy III (Nintendo DS)

Completely rehauled graphics in 3D, and rearranged sountrack. Not a mere port with extra content, this is a bona fide remake. Rebalanced job system and extra features that implement the DS' WiFi features through a messanger called Mognet have been added. Enemies are tougher as fewer enemies appear in battle due to graphical limitations.

Final Fantasy Chronicles (Final Fantasy IV, PlayStation)

-Better translation, and restored items and difficulty. Story is actually coherent now. Major loading times during saving, but nothing to worry about elsewhere. Memo save feature added. Otherwise, exactly the same as the SNES version.

Final Fantasy IV (Wonderswan Color)

Exact same game, but with updated graphics. Only released in Japan.

Final Fantasy IV Advance (Gameboy Advance)

Wonderswan graphics. New and improved menu portraits. Party member selection is available after a certain part of the story. The new dungeons the Cave of Trials and the Lunar Ruins host new equipment, puzzles, and adversaries. However, there are a few bugs such as the faulty ATB and the ability to make the new superboss a complete weakling. The overall difficulty of the game seems easier due to speedier battles and the dash option.

Final Fantasy V (FF Anthology, PlayStation)

Horrible load times and an abysmal translation plague this port of Final Fantasy V. Otherwise the same game, but not really worth playing. You'd be better off with...

Final Fantasy V Advance (Gameboy Advance)

Retains the original's difficulty and has a sharp, new translation. Four new classes and a bonus dungeon are added. Menu Portraits have been added(during test, the characters' sprites still appear on the menu), although not everyone seems to be pleased with them. A true port to a great Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy VI (FF Anthology, PlayStation)

Horrible loading times. Re-uses Woolsey's original SNES translation, yet gives him no credit...Also, the sound quality has been lowered, and the game is just plain slow. While there are nice features like the beautiful FMVs and the completion gallery, this isn't a must-buy game. Better stick with the original or...

Final Fantasy VI Advance (Gameboy Advance)

Lower resolution graphics, due to trying to fit things into the GBA's screen. Drastically lowered sound quality due to being ported to a handheld as well. New menu portraits for some NPCs during text. Many notorious bugs like Vanish/Doom fixed, while some lesser-noticed bugs remain (like Kutan). Four new Espers, Gilgamesh, Leviathan, Sabotender (Cactuar), and Diablos have been added. Bonus dungeon added. Not all new additions are known at the moment, but this is nonetheless a hotly anticipated remake.

Whew, hope that helps you. :)

Phoenix Flame
12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Cool info. Thanks Zexy!

richboywonder
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
yes.it helps alot.

John Smith
12-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I wish that they would remake FF8 for PS2 :) They would get a whole lot better graphics. I don't even mind the "no talking" thingy, the game is FANTASTIC! :):o:p

dappa
12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah it would be good.

What the heck just remake the lot of em!

darkshadow2247
12-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Square would make so much money if they released an FF Anthology for the PS2/PS3. So many people would pay the money for FF I-XII if they could get an updated version with cutscenes but everything else left the same.

jedi geoff
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
they should remake FF9 on xbox, just to do something different, and also so that I CAN PLAY IT AGAIN YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
my PS1 dont work..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( so that sucks,

Zeromus_X
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Which version did you play? Evil Wall is alot easier in the GBA version. In the original 'Hardtype' version of the game (and even the US SNES version), he's pretty brutal. And I don't think anyone 'sucks' just because they aren't as good at the game as you are.

richboywonder
01-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Which version did you play? Evil Wall is alot easier in the GBA version. In the original 'Hardtype' version of the game (and even the US SNES version), he's pretty brutal. And I don't think anyone 'sucks' just because they aren't as good at the game as you are.
that's why people say evil wall was hard.they didn't play it on gba

ThroneofDravaris
01-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Wrong thread.

Seyluv
01-31-2007, 01:40 AM
Final Fantasy 6, I love that game, but it would be way way way better if they remade it with better graphics for PS2.

Phoenix Flame
01-31-2007, 01:47 AM
;kit The FF I would like to see remade is VII.
Although there's so much advertising out there for/spin-offs from this one game in the series... could you imagine the bonus dungeons or Sephiroth's materia coffin scene where the weapons emerge...raw bidness. ;kit

Gackt Camui
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Personally I don't care about remaking oh with better graphics. The games were good from the beginning and thats the end period. Obviously they will be better with more graphics...but neways I totally agree with dappa or whatever. Just remake all of them.

Tifa-chan
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM
They must remake VIi and there has been A LOTof talk about it. I want to see it remade, but I don't want to see a lot of thinsg changed. I personaly think that would ruin it. I would just like to see *as they have been with other remakes* updates with graphics, music *midis just don't work for me much anymore* and maybe possibly voice acting. Depends on the voice actors though and if I like them. In this case if they redid VII I want voice actors because I loved the ones they used for the movies and other games.

dappa
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
ff7 with voice actors, now that would be cool, I loved the voice acting of the later final fantasies.

jedi geoff
03-07-2007, 02:31 AM
they should rerelease 7, 8 and 9 on xbox, coz i havent got anything to play and now that 360 is out now xbox wont get anymore new games....and i dont think ill ever get an xbox 360

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Why do you think that?

jedi geoff
03-09-2007, 05:22 AM
who are you talking about camui?

Phoenix Flame
03-09-2007, 05:27 AM
You silly... she probably wants to know why you'll never get a 360...

Gackt Camui
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah thats what I meant...

novascade
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I like the old,and the remakes are an improvement,but the battle system could be more hands on. if they reremake them go 3-d,with the first couple of them(1-6),are they ever going to remake Mystic Quest.

Gackt Camui
04-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Mystic Quest??? Drawing a blank here...

Marius
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
an oldschool snes game that came out a long time ago.:)..it wasn't very well liked..i guess one of squares flop game...its a very easy game..leeloo can beat it

novascade
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Mystic quest was extremly easy,;yikbut they can upgrade it..............a lot,a whole lot,its seem like they did a good job with the new ds ones.

Gackt Camui
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Hmmm I have never heard of it.

Marius
04-11-2007, 03:58 AM
yeah it sucked,i'd like 2 see an upgraded version of ff3.more detailed n more dungeons n sidequest..n of corse a gameplus

Gackt Camui
04-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I haven't played 3! You guys make me gealous!(sp?)

novascade
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Ijust bought FF6 f(FF3SNESone of my favorites )for gba sp (sp? I don't know what it means Gackt,but it's the small square light up gameboy advance,if that is what you are asking)

Gackt Camui
04-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Sp? Means Spelling....then the question mark means if its wrong or not thats all lol.

Marius
04-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Ijust bought FF6 f(FF3SNESone of my favorites )for gba sp (sp? I don't know what it means Gackt,but it's the small square light up gameboy advance,if that is what you are asking)
yeah rub it in!!!:p

Gackt Camui
04-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Neways...lol. What would guys think if in like 30 years they were to remake all the FF's and just put it all in to one game? lol that would be one loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong game.

Marius
04-21-2007, 12:11 PM
heck yeah it would.. it would need like dozens of cd's n don let me get started on the memory cards.. hey perhaps i should like ask 4 what system???

Darkreno
04-21-2007, 01:42 PM
heck yeah it would.. it would need like dozens of cd's n don let me get started on the memory cards.. hey perhaps i should like ask 4 what system???

what the matter marius? haven't u heard of PS369..LOL i'd like 2 play a decent collection like that of corse you'd need a lot of time n coffee.but it would b worth it 4 the entire ff set from 1 to like 9. ;res

Gackt Camui
04-22-2007, 07:22 PM
No....lets say in like 2025. The Final Final Fantasy is released for real. And in 2042 after they have enhanced all the games they put it on the PS24, it has like 231 disks, over 10,000 ours of game play....and a lot of sitting. I would do it!

Darkreno
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
yeah i would 2 if im not croaked by then.n my darkness...o no not that stuff again. 4 real though it would b cool 2 play..on my wheell chair lol

Gackt Camui
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Your not going to be that old geeze! Sitting down will do you some good. Less oxygen will be used up lol. So you won't have to worry about having a tank. lol

Marius
04-26-2007, 03:41 AM
lol i can c D.R now with his triplle plus bifocals n wheel chair . pokin our grankids with his cane talkin about it's the old mans turn. lol gimme the controller sonny let me show u how its done old school. lol

Gackt Camui
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
" I am telling you in my day...we didn't have all this 3d mumbo jumbo...we just stared at the tv for countless hours! Thats one of the reasons why I have glasses now..."

Marius
04-28-2007, 03:03 AM
lol i just got the donky kong flashback runnin n my head right now, pictured with D.R n it lol instead of the apes its D.R n da grand kids lol well i'll tell u sonny i beat every ff up 2 date.let me school u n some pointers here ooops my heart stopped o its beating again.lol

Darkreno
04-28-2007, 03:21 PM
cute marius, really cute. o my aching heart.u kno what ff i would like 2 see remade with like more summons n sidequests. ff8. :D

Marius
04-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I haven't played 3! You guys make me gealous!(sp?)not on purpose i promise lol did u kno novacsades my uncle?

Darkreno
05-01-2007, 05:00 AM
yep he sure is n he hasn't been here n a grip, work nust b killing him. im gonna hastle him 2 come back. ya kno it would b cool if they remade ff7 4 da DS n PS3, i'd get em both

Gackt Camui
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
No I had no idea Marius. lol. Neways. Yeah that would be cool for more aeons you mean right D.R? And the side quests would be cool too. What do you think some of them might be?

Marius
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
i liked the ff8 summons, especially that demon one diablo, n the one thats called brothers? i think thats what their called hmmmmmm? they should add like a metalic one n get like an upraded version of knight of round n, ok im getting ahead of myself again

Gackt Camui
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
No keep going I am interested in hearing it all.

Darkreno
05-03-2007, 01:13 AM
she's right marius don leave us hangin like that now u got me curious

Marius
05-03-2007, 01:57 AM
ok what i meant by metalic iwas thinkin of like the bahamut n ff7 like a machine or make one like with spychic intellect pokemon inspired but except it can give the person using it in your party like other ability's n properties the others can't get

Gackt Camui
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats awesome. Why don't you work for Square huh?

Marius
05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
wow thankx gackt ya kn i just lost my job n a close friend of mine just helped me get another . being a video game tester. that freakin rocks :D im gonna do it. probably use my story one day n hopefully D.R's art skills n get a good game of our own going. man i have sooo many ideas now spiraling in my mind

Gackt Camui
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
A game tester!! Thats like one of the best jobs ever! You are lucky marius. Get those ideas out and before you know you are a game designer and you are doing the hiring when it comes to game testers!

Darkreno
05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
thats a great plan thank god i met the lil geniuse. whoa my lil marius a game tester. maybe one day she could work 4 squareenix. omg?

Marius
05-11-2007, 12:15 AM
omg D.R don push it lol i just like mixing n interacting ideas together ya kno.but 2 work 4 squareenix would b n honor. i hope they remake all the psone ff's cuz of their age plus it would be cool 2 play them all. n have like bonus dungeons n game plus with extra endings n stuff ya kno. hmmm? u guys r right i should really get on the ball with the game business

dappa
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Well said, I could'nt agree more with the last poster on that one

Marius
05-14-2007, 02:42 AM
oh thankx XD wow now i have better inspiration :D

Gackt Camui
05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
WOOT!! Marius you could like be perfect for making games and junk

Slider
05-14-2007, 12:58 PM
not to get you down marius but I hate the availability of alter-endings

takes away lots from the original storyline's value

Gackt Camui
05-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah sometimes. But on the other hand they can be good, like if the ending was really bad. Possibly the alternate ending might be better. But you are right Slider, if the story ending is good. Which is the case in all FF games pretty much, alternate endings are pointless. I wouldn't bother with 'em

Marius
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
yep the endings r fabulous i'd just like to see some of them in more detail. u kno.

Gackt Camui
05-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah totally! I know where you are coming from with that Marius. Don't just leave us hanging. Then again maybe thats a good thing if they have something awesome planned for the next installmeant you know?

Phoenix Flame
05-26-2007, 10:25 AM
I just got/started FFVI Advance! Yea me! = D

I got up to the mines in Narshe (like first 5 minutes) XD I love the remixed soundtrack just from what I heard so far. The translation is.... crisper also. <3

Can't wait to see the bonus dungeon and stuffz0rz! w00t!

Gackt Camui
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I have never played that one. Keep telling us about it. That way you can fill me in.

Marius
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
omg its amazing. of corse reason has a point the translations changed quite a bit from the older versions. im near the floating dungeon. i haven't played mine in a while though. lets see how should i start its about an old war of magi thats about to resurface thanks to emperor gestahl and his royal badness lord kefka. now the story begins with terra who is being alternately controlled by a crown placed on her by kefka. now the emperor has kept terra since she was a child.together with the empire and their goonies of mayhem gestahl n kefka found the secretly dormant esper world searching 4 terras mother . who had 2 years earlier accidently fell into the esper realm fleeing for her life. when they discovered the esper world. they tried to force themselves in but the espers remembering the wicked war of magi would have no part of it. so the elder was set to form a barrier that would evidently end his own life to protect the espers. and when that happened one of the espers offended terra's mother so she attempted to flee the esper world with baby terra b4 the elder could perform his barrier. maduin(terra's father) an esper himself went set himself out to acquire his child n her mother. but it was too late the elder formed the barrier to protect the espers and by doing so left terra with no parents. for once the seal formed terras mother had perished n gestahl had found the baby in her mothers arms realizing what she was n decided to keep terra . terra being half human half esper would help the empire in ways they never believed or so they thought. ok b4 i continue i must ask reason am i going at this right? but on the meantime as i said earlier the game mainly begins with terra who's being mentally controlled by a crown kefka had givin to her . she n two other soldiers bicks n wedge ( now im not sure if i spelled bics right so 4 give me on that one :D)they recently heard a rumor of the people in Narshe discovering an esper in their caves.so the empire sent tyerra n the 2 soldiers to go n search 4 the esper in an attempt to acquire the esper 4 themselves.... ok im gonna stop right here cuz my lil girl wants mommy time so i better go . but if anyone wishes me 2 continue please let me know i apoligize in advance if i left anyone hangin. n for those who already played the game feel free to fill in the blanks thanky :D bye-bye

dappa
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Well put together marius.

I have the psone version ,plus the gba and snes versions on roms. I have noticed there is alot of difference in the way whole sentences have been re translated. But it isn't an issue for me.

Gackt Camui
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
*tear* You guys are so lucky! Thanks for filling me in Marius!

Marius
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
cool no prob. yeah its a really cool game. i love it. thats one im really glad they remade.

dappa
06-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Its a shame some of those rumours about certain people joining your party, and being able to summon certain espers not on other versions are false

Marius
06-05-2007, 01:27 PM
that truly is a shame. i remember a rumor way back claiming to be able to get wedge n biggs in your party . i was bummed , sighs.

dappa
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I suppose there is a gameshark code somewhere that would probably allow you to do it. You'd be surprised what you can find on the internet these days. Modded roms are a fave of mine

Gackt Camui
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah fill me in guys what is some of the rumors that turned out to be false?

Marius
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
i once heard a rumor that u could somehow get general leo as a secret character for ff6. well i was so played lol. general leo is like one of the only goodguy that the empire had left .however u do get to use him right befor he is killed. but thats about it.

dappa
06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah fill me in guys what is some of the rumors that turned out to be false?

1. Being able to revive general leo.
2. Gestahls ghost joing your party
3. Fighting Gigamesh and being able to summon him

There are loads of others but they elude my mind right now..............

Gackt Camui
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm they all sound interesting thanks for telling me some. If you manage to hear of find or remember nemore let me know.

blackrose
06-25-2007, 03:21 AM
hmm they remade quite a bit as of lately but im hoping they remake ff7 again and again and again lol

Gackt Camui
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah remake it now and then like 15 years or so down the road...remake it again lol

Shinra Soldier 1
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah I figured the only thing would be the graphics and perhaps the translations if there were anything wrong with em. I can't believe those games have been remade, I wonder when/if FF will ever die? That would be a sad day...

dappa
08-28-2007, 06:49 PM
hope not................

thats all i can say to that..............

Let the fanatasy live on!!!!!!!!

locke cole
09-01-2007, 11:38 PM
do you know if they are remaking the original ff7 on the gba ds or xbox360/xbox
if you have any info thanks