PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Food

Kiera
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
What do you know about food and what kind of health facts do you have about it? Try to think of something we do not know of.

-Gold is a good substance to drink in its liquid form, it helps prevent some diseases in the digestive tracts.

John Smith
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Is this supposed to be in FF General? *calls reasoniamalive :p* :rolleyes:

I think that I've read somewhere that integral bread (I don't know how it's named in English ^_^'') isn't healthier than normal bread.

Kiera
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Oo I am so sorry everyone please forgive me, I posted inthe wrong section >.< Please so sorry everyone; ;

Seyluv
12-05-2006, 08:52 PM
It is ok, that happens.

Zeromus_X
12-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Moved to Off-Topic forum. :)

Luis
12-05-2006, 09:45 PM
lol I know a li'l. Somehow, I've been most of my life into it, 'cause my mother always found it interesting, my cousin is 'dietist' (lol, I hope it's the right name XD ) And my brother is a doctor.
What do you wanna talk about? :p

Kiera
12-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Well, there are many things to talk about when it comes to your anatomy ^^. I mean , in simple terms, its t keep it healthy and clean right? Do not do something to it you will regret.

Phoenix Flame
12-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Strawberries, besides being a natural aphrodisiac, have the highest content of antioxidants among the major fruits. Hence I coin the phrase: Eat strawberries...love longer!

I know a lot...I will be back to post here from time-to-time.

Avathar
12-09-2006, 11:18 AM
It's far more fun, really, to go like:

"Ooh, an apple ^_^"

Rather than stuffing yourself like:

"Yummy yum, greasy chips and crisps, yay!"

Seyluv
12-09-2006, 03:01 PM
I heard of vegi-chips. They are really good too.

Kiera
12-10-2006, 01:13 AM
They are good for you depending on how the company cooks it and how natural it is.

Seyluv
12-10-2006, 01:51 AM
Yeah I really like them, my friend from middle school got me hook on them.

Kiera
12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
lol, I saw them in publix one time and it caught my eyes lol, so I started eating them.

Phoenix Flame
12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Bananas are a wonder fruit. There is enough energy packed into a ripe banana to spur on a 90 min. workout. They settle upset stomachs, are good for patients w/mental illness, and are a good source of potassium to keep your heart functioning normally.

Kiera
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Yup, most football players, before they start their practice, they eat bananas, to stand the heat when it is summer or so.

theDOCTOR
12-10-2006, 07:43 PM
healthy food is good and all, but i hate it when girls go crazy and start saying
"Oh My God! Im fat, i need to start eating *nothing* and eat foods with no fat and calories!"
and i go, "If you do, your depriving your body of the energy it needs. How bout working out and stuff?" and then they say " I dont want to sweat!" and i say "stupid noob!" and i get all mad at these girls.

I eat healthy, but i eat unhealty too. I love fruits and vegis! but i dont mind a good burger now and then...more "NOW" than "THEN" of course...

Phoenix Flame
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
They say " I dont want to sweat!" and i say "Stupid noob!"

X D

OMG... That's the hardest I laughed all day! :D

Kiera
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I do not think that if you say you are fat, you should starve or throw yourself up. That is just disgusting, eating nothing is worst than eating more, because your body isn't functioning, If I were them, there is a verb called Exercise, they should do it more often, if they did, their mentality would rise up and they would feel better about themselves and their physical form would change also. I also beleive that people who have this problem, should seek help, not in a bad way, because not many people can handle this on their own, even those who go into depression. They tend to not eat either and when something like that affects the mind, your body is affected also. Everything probes to the mind, if that is somehow disrupted, then the body is disrupted.

Luis
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Well, it's not like: 'You must not eat this or that, because it's bad for you'
The problem comes with the excess...
E.g.: It's not bad eating chocolate twice or three days per week, in really small quantities ( three squares, for example). The fat comes when you eat chocolate (I use chocolate for my example XD ) everyday, and moreover in higher quantities.

I really dunno if I explained myself good enough...

Kiera
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Well yes I know that, I mean too much of it is horrible for you. Chocolate is actually good for you in small quanities occasionaly. Its most people once they have the good taste they want more, but its not good. They should not be tempted so easily xD.

Luis
12-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Sweet temptation... it would be such a boring life without it! :p

Staircase
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
"Oh My God! Im fat, i need to start eating *nothing* and eat foods with no fat and calories!"
and i go, "If you do, your depriving your body of the energy it needs. How bout working out and stuff?" and then they say " I dont want to sweat!" and i say "stupid noob!"
L-O-L

What do you know about food and what kind of health facts do you have about it? Try to think of something we do not know of.

-Gold is a good substance to drink in its liquid form, it helps prevent some diseases in the digestive tracts.
I don't know any technical stuff, but i do know that if you want to loose weight, and drink soda a lot, the simple solution is to stop drinking soda.

I used to be fat (well i was average on the doctors charts, but i thought i was fat), i stopped drinking soda and switched it with milk, i lost a TON of weight.. FAST.

John Smith
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Sweet temptation... it would be such a boring life without it! :p

Agreed.

Can anyone give me a bit chocolate please? :p (No, I'm not fat, I'm average :p)

Phoenix Flame
12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Honey helps you sleep...and that's one thing I bet most of us RPGers could use more of regularly ~ at least I know I could! :D

John Smith
12-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I hate the taste of honey >_>

I drink milk before going to sleep though :p I feel warmer :D

Kiera
12-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Milk is good for you, honey is also, its healthy because its a natural substance. Also, I do fine most MMORPGers need sleep, I should know, my friend is on FFXI 24/7 and he has like no life aside from work. I mean, I do not see how that is possible, I cannot have that much fun with a game and then in the end when you are bored and do not want to play it anymore, you look back and your play time, and see how much time you have wasted and then wish you could have done that other thing that you have been wanting to do >.> Like exercise.

Staircase
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
my friend is on FFXI 24/7 and he has like no life aside from work. I mean, I do not see how that is possible, I cannot have that much fun with a game

Hmph. I absolutely despise lowlifes like that..

Oh, wait...

:o

I'll admit it, i have no life besides gaming and computers. All i do is play mmorpgs, program my computer, surf the net, and listen to music. But that doesn't mean i cant stay healthy and live a happy life. I don't exercise much, but i think i have a pretty healthy diet.

OFF TOPIC:
and then in the end when you are bored and do not want to play it anymore, you look back and your play time, and see how much time you have wasted and then wish you could have done that other thing that you have been wanting to do >.>

I dont think MMORPGs or Games are a waste of time at all. They get you thinking, and force you to socialize at least a little bit. Hell, I've made tons of friends through MMORPGs, and we still talk. Ive got friends from next door and on the other side of the world.

Doctor
12-15-2006, 02:11 AM
I love healthy foods, especially Watermelon. XD Watermelon, is, well, mostly water, so of course it's good for you...

But fruits aren't always the best thing, because even though some might say the sugar found in them is healthy, it's not. It's sugar, just like everything else XDD

Phoenix Flame
12-22-2006, 06:11 AM
I love healthy foods, especially Watermelon. XD Watermelon, is, well, mostly water, so of course it's good for you...

But fruits aren't always the best thing, because even though some might say the sugar found in them is healthy, it's not. It's sugar, just like everything else XDD

Watermelon is 92% water; however, there are other important elements in it as well. Like glutathione - which boosts your immune system, and lycopene - a key phytochemical in the fight against cancer and anti-aging. Great stuff! Also has Vita C + more!

Secondly, sugar is not only healthy, but natural and essential to key cellular processes. There are several types of sugar, like lactose found in milk among others. Your body (specifically your pancreas) converts the sugar found in your foods into a storable energy source that then can be used in cellular respiration...glucose!

As with many things (including video games) :p too much is a bad thing and that's why many people nowadays have so many health problems stemming from obesity and depression.

But what do i know :p

:D

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 08:11 PM
it's impossible for me to get fat.i can't remember the last time i had some candy.i better get some right now

Zeon
12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
im underweight i need more muscle and fat.....i eat healthly and regualarly. dunno wat happens to it all lol

Avathar
12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
im underweight i need more muscle

There's this wonderful invention called steroids!

:roll:

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I was like that until this past year...put on 15 lbs (finally.) I had weighed in at 135-140lbs. since before highschool. Now I'm approaching the 160 mark.

:jumpingupanddown4joy: XD