PDA

View Full Version : Problems Adding Avatar!

Seyluv
12-07-2006, 01:52 AM
I have convince one of my buddies to join this site. Anyway he said that he can't add his avatar for some weird reason. I tried to help him, but I was able to do any better. I even change his options to show avatar, which I throught was the problem. It still didn't work. One of you Mods need to take a look at it or something. I tried all I can to help.

Arkacia
12-07-2006, 09:57 AM
We need more information on the problem before any suggestions can be made.

What sort of avatar is it?
Is your friend trying to upload it, or link it with a URL?
What error messages are appearing?

I can't even think of an answer right now, because I just don't have enough info on what the problem actually is.

Seyluv
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
It won't show the basic avatar adding setting. all it shows is no avatar added(or something close.) remove avatar, and reset fields. it won't show base gallery, browse, or that url thing. it not showing any error message.

Arkacia
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
What is your friends nickname, so I can check his/her profile to make sure the settings there are ok.

Seyluv
12-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I not sure i think it is [email protected]

Shaggy
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
? Thats his email, adn he can't have an email like that. We need his user name here, like how yours is EmpressCrystal. IS it Angel2009?

Seyluv
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
No that is his user name. i don't know why he put @ ffnet.net

Arkacia
12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Problem discovered. He isn't registered properly because he needs to validate his email address, which will be hard for him to do as he put in a fake one. That completes the registration, and allows access to all features. Until he does that, some thing just won't work.

To save him the hassle of trying to sort that out, I've manually moved him into the registered user group from the group awaiting validation. Everything should work now, but I'd like to see that fake email changed to a real one soon, if possible.

Seyluv
12-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Ok, I will tell him. I was thinking that it may be the reason, but I forgot about it. He online now.