PDA

View Full Version : Blue Magic

LoKuS
05-25-2005, 01:07 AM
I got a question about Blue Mages, i no they learn monster abilities, but how do they learn them? anybody know? :confused:

LoKuS
05-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Nevermind, i figured it out. Your blue mage must reach level 2 then you get the ability to learn them. :)

FFnut
05-30-2005, 09:19 PM
When you're in the Blue Mage class, you have to get hit by a Blue Magic spell. The "Learning" ability is only if you switch out of Blue Mage class and still want to learn Blue Magic. Either way, you have to be hit by the spell and survive (so if there are any instant death Blue Magics in this one, I can't remember if there are or not, you have to protect the character against death before they get hit by it).

LoKuS
05-31-2005, 12:12 AM
ya, i figured that out. theres a spell L5 Doom

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 04:17 PM
I use Death all the time...mines at level 20!!!!!hehehe......kills everyone

FFnut
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
...I am seriously questioning whether or not Shaggy's mass-email was a good thing, since it brought back all the trolls that had forgotten about this place.

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes he is!!!!! Actually i think that Odin actually.......im Gangsta Japanese Girl.....O.O....lol<JK>

Coelie
08-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Well.....ty for clearing that out, now I understand the blue magics ;) thnx again :p

~Hidan~
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Ajianni your taking a break, see yah in a week, learn how to post instead of spam please in the mean time.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Seph, if someone is making ludicrous spam, you can just delete it. (And thanks for banning them! :))

richboywonder
06-22-2006, 09:30 PM
blue mages never heard about it.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Blue Mages are mages that can use Blue Magic (skills from monsters.) Like Enemy Skills in FFVII, or Quistis in FFVIII, or Quina in FFIX, etc.

dappa
09-07-2006, 09:20 AM
The easiest way to get blue magic it to get someone to have a traner and get the trainer to learn the control ability. Equip the control ability and take control of the enemy and see if that enemy has anything your blue mage can learn then force the enemy to cast it on whom you to learn that spell. I'll list the spells I can remember and where I first came across them for you guys.

1 goblin punch (the goblins near the pirates cave have this)
2 Red feast (the steel bats in the pirates cace have this)
3 Flash (the tombstone monsters on dragon mountain have this. note you will have to give them an ether cause they dont have any mp to start of with)
4 Toad song (any frog monster in the game has this ability)
5 ????? (The wolves near the first meteor warp have this one)
6 Aero 1 (The gigases in the castle which is going to explode)
7 Flamethrower (the cannons on the floating city)
8 Defense down (the book monsters in the library of ancients)
9 lv5 doom (the book monsters in the library of ancients)
10 Aqua rake (the quadra harpy monster in the desert area on the way to library of ancients)
11 Blak shok (the black flames on crescent island)
12 Whitewind (the fan wizards have this spell)
13 lv3 flare (All the red dragons and zombie like dragons have this spell)
14 Lv2 old (the level checkers that live on ex deaths shield tower have this)
15 Lv4 quarter (The druids in the island shrine have this spell)
16 Little song (the tiny mages in the n zone have this)
17 Timeslip (Those creatures that look like a witch sitting on a moon on x deaths shield tower have this, note that if your characters are wearing the angel ring you wont be able to learn this)
18 Aero2 (the fan wizards on the floating city have this)
19 missile (the cannons on the floating city)
20 Aero3 (the neo gigases near the library of ancients, this is on the completed world only)
21 pep up (the mosters near x deaths castle that look like stingrays)
22 xploder (the metal monsters that hang on the ceiling in the fire ship, note they will only use it if you cast bolt on them)
23 guardian (The boss monster that is guarding the first save point in dimension castle, cast reflect on him to make it hit your characters.)
24 Roulette (The lamia like creatures in phoenix tower)

I cant remember them all but I hope this has been some help for you lot. one of the bosses in a chest called shinryyu in the final dungeon has tonnes of blue magic.

Zeromus_X
09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for that list, Dappa. :)

Another great way to get Blue Magic (though you won't be able to manipulate him) is to get it from Azulmagia (Hm...Blue....and what's this other word...I can't decipher!), one of the final dungeon's bosses.

dappa
09-08-2006, 06:19 AM
The ultra hard boss omega has quite at lot of blue magic as well zeromus x but you will have to try and survive the battle though to get em I.ve done it but its very hard though. Next time I load up my copy of ff5, as my party has learned all the possible blue magics I should be able to remember the other blue magics locations. I will post them at a later date.

dappa
09-11-2006, 06:36 AM
The 6 remaining blue magics which I didn't include in my earlier list are as follows:

1. Condemmed ( alot of the enemies in the piramid and phoenix tower have this. Shinryuu also has it.)
2. Moonflute (The bookmonsters in the ancient library have this)
3. Doomclaw (The boss outside the castle thats about to blow up, alot of the enemies that live outside x deaths castle have this spell too)
4. Mindblast (The boss in the elder tree in galufs world or the mindflare monsters that live in the void world near neo x death)
5. Magic Hammer (enemies in phoenix tower have this. There are enemies earlier in the game that have this but they have slipped my mind)
6. Blowfish ( Bookmonsters in the ancient library plus quite a few enemies in the phoenix tower)

I called a spell in my earlier list as flamethrower which is wrong. It should be called burn ray. Hope this helps

tstratton67
01-21-2007, 09:21 PM
ha i have every blue spell except big guard

Hydra
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
He didn't say he didn't have all of them. He just said he didn't include them.

dappa
01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
The spell is called 'guardian' on final fantasy 5, not big guard.

Hydra
01-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Lol, I'm actually playing a patched version of FFV right now..

I'm just at the part where you get the airship though. Pretty early in the game.

Spec Highwind
01-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Hum... I had Lv. 5 Death, and nothing more, I guess :p

I didn't like Blue Magic that much, in this FF.

and I can't be a Blue Mage in FFXI, because I don't have the Art Urhgan expansion pack :(

dappa
01-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Lol, I'm actually playing a patched version of FFV right now..

Where did you get your patched copy from? I lost mine a while ago to a phone virus and the website which I got it from has a broken link to it. Every website I look at has jap copies of it.

Hydra
01-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Where did you get your patched copy from? I lost mine a while ago to a phone virus and the website which I got it from has a broken link to it. Every website I look at has jap copies of it.
DL ZSNES(important), then DL the Japanese version and the patch.

Name both files the EXACT SAME THING, and there you go. A fully translated FFV.

If you want to go into more detail, then PM me.

dappa
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the offer.

I recently found a site with a translated version. It took me awhile though as you may have noticed the last post was in January.

And as for anyone who is having trouble with blue magic just learn the trainers ability control and take control of your enemies. Its better than hoping they might cast a blue spell on you.

You cant control your enemies and make them cast spells on your party which would kill them. So for spells like lv5 doom you will have to wait for your enemy to cast it on you.

seandenniel
09-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I can't remember if there are or not, you have to protect the character against death before they get hit by it).