PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Diabolos

dirge_of_sephiroth
12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Have you ever used Laguna and the boys to fight and gain diabolos? I did once in the first dream squence, right before you meet Julia.

John Smith
12-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I never thought about that. I usually get him after Cid gives you the *spoiler* or when I'm in the Timber Owls before Squall goes to wake up the "princess" :p :D

ThroneofDravaris
12-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Diablos gives you some pretty awesome abilities, so I tend to get him ASAP. Never really thought of waiting until you're in the dream world.

Zeromus_X
12-12-2006, 12:46 AM
The first time I played the game I wasn't sure what the Magic Lamp was for, so I waited until I was in a Dream Sequence again and used it, and had to fight him with Laguna and company. :p Now of course, I get him as soon as possible.

dappa
12-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Wow I never new you could do that. But I always fight him the moment I get the lamp.

Blaze
12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
For me i got Diabolos before i faced the faked pres. he was a little hard but i beat him with meele and GF attacks

Andrew Scaves
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I always got him sometime after I defeat the Brothers.

Seyluv
12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
I got him before I fought Adel, I wasn't really trying to get him. I was just using him for pratice.

Doctor
12-22-2006, 03:42 AM
I always get Diablos a little late in the first disc, usually after getting The Brothers GF.

That way I feel more prepared. Plus it's no big deal to have to wait a little while to get the Mug ability.

But I have never thought of using Laguna and company to get Diablos...maybe I'll try that next time. :D

Kite
12-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Good lord I hated Diablos. It took me anhour and a half to beat him. It was funny I finally gave up and cast Blizzard for the sheer hell of it and the nhe was like "You're powerfull I'm beaten," and all that jazz. I was like OMFG! COOL!

Spec Highwind
12-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Diablos. One of my favourite summons :)

dappa
12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
If I remember correctly if you drew a demi from him and stocked it then used it on him he would counterattack by casting curaga on the person who attacked him.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 01:42 PM
yup tht correct. i use diablos to stock holy magic. if you fight him at like lvl 65+ he has it to draw. very useful on the first disc with 100 holys on each character in the main party :D. also stocking up demi helps too just for easy healing against him :D

Also fighting him in the dream world makes him weaker and easier to win against. is a must do for piss-easy wins. though even in the normal world hes not tough. just using attacks and limits and demi stock-cast is simple. :D

on the 3rd disc also theres a boss just before you fight seifer tht is max damaged by diablos......useful if your not tht strong in the game :)

John Smith
12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
on the 3rd disc also theres a boss just before you fight seifer tht is max damaged by diablos......useful if your not tht strong in the game :)

That machine thing? :O

Zeon
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
yup yupn thts the one :D:D:D it does max damage to it.......kinda random no?

John Smith
12-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I'll have to use Diablos then :D

Drake
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Zeon wrote:

Also fighting him in the dream world makes him weaker and easier to win against.

How so?

Squall Lionheart
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I didn't use the Magic Lamp until sometime after defeating GF Brothers...
Figured I'd need it to defeat Sorceress Edea at that time...

jedi geoff
02-13-2007, 04:25 AM
i drew demi and cast it on him to take 1/4 of him health.....
btw why did someone wait to get brothers to help defeat him? he flies so it doesnt affect him.... :confused:

CiD
02-13-2007, 06:41 AM
I didn't use the Magic Lamp until sometime after defeating GF Brothers...
Figured I'd need it to defeat Sorceress Edea at that time...

But does Diablos hit Edea?? What i remember is that he allways misses bosses.
Or is that just something i have made up myself :p

Squall Lionheart
02-13-2007, 10:00 AM
A Guardian Force has many more uses than just it's attack...
For example there's the Darkside ability which was useful to me along with many others...

CiD
02-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Ye but then u gotta train him quite mutch.. what i remembered Darkside sucked but thats just my opinion, and infact i didnt use diablos that mutch when i played the last time. mostly had him for his encounter-none ability.

theDOCTOR
02-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I have the lamp, and im about to go to the first "dream" encounter.
I started new game, and my friend has my guide book.
so, i gotta do things by memory.
I'll try getting him in the "dream" world

dappa
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Ye but then u gotta train him quite mutch.. .

Nah, head to esthar desert or cactuar island and defeat a few cactuars you will have made him learn all his abilities without breaking a sweat.

And it beats fighting lots of normal enemies

jedi geoff
02-15-2007, 06:21 AM
But does Diablos hit Edea?? What i remember is that he allways misses bosses.
Or is that just something i have made up myself :p

yeh he did i remember when fighting edea pretty much all my gf's were dead except for diablos who cut edea down... his attack is like demi isnt it?

blackstar
02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
For me i got Diabolos before i faced the faked pres. he was a little hard but i beat him with meele and GF attacks
Same here

CiD
02-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Nah, head to esthar desert or cactuar island and defeat a few cactuars you will have made him learn all his abilities without breaking a sweat.

And it beats fighting lots of normal enemies

Ya i know, but squall_leonhart said that he wanted him for edea, i meant that.

forever yours
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
yup yup, ive done it in the dream world... i got curious one time and tried it... hee hee

Deanima
04-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Have you ever used Laguna and the boys to fight and gain diabolos? I did once in the first dream squence, right before you meet Julia.
I do that too and i failed 3 times.My friend try kill Diablos and he failed.Guess what.He sold Diablos ;wel . ;res from my friend Aki.

Slider
04-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I remember once tryin with laguna n the others!

I ALMSOT got him until he got mad at me and started dashing at everyone :(

mystery
05-28-2007, 09:37 AM
it took me 3 tries to get diablo!!!

clief101_
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
i hate getting diablos...it always takes me like 3 tries 2 beat him no matter what part of the game im up 2...i try and do it as ealy as possible, coz he gets hard at higher lvls, but i always leave dollet at like lvl 100 so its a bit hard 4 me...lol

dappa
05-29-2007, 06:43 PM
The first time I fought diablos on my first game of ff8 I defeated him pretty quickly but on subsequent games he has been lucky and defeated me on the odd occasion.

I prefer to keep selphie on hp critical to force a limit break which makes the battle easier for me. I always fight him the moment cid gives me the lamp.