PDA

View Full Version : Guns & school

Seyluv
12-15-2006, 03:33 PM
What should happened to students who bring a gun to school? Today at first period someone just got shot. Last time this other boy brough one but he only got a few day off and a parent meeting. It's really wrong, that someone who cause great danger for me and other to just get away with that easy. He even shot someone too.

dappa
12-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Severe punishment methinks. Maybe a long spell in prison for these kind of idiots.

John Smith
12-15-2006, 03:42 PM
That is something very sad, unfortunatly.

Many of those kids (or maybe not so kids) have too much liberty from their parents who know that their son/daughter doesn't have proper behaviour, but still let thembe, probably giving even more liberty. With liberty comes responsability. If they aren't responsible, they should be less free.

I had some classmates that were too free and little or no responsability at all. Those did whatever they wanted (with the other students) and get out of it without any consequence.

I have some other friends that are also free (not as much though) and are quite responsible. They have very good behavious, are very good friends, get well with everyone and, eventually, have (much much) better grades in school than the others.

With this, I don't mean that "free" is sinonym of "irresponsible", but too much freedom (or liberty, whatever you want to call it) frequently lead to irresponsability, bad behavious and bad grades at school.

Seyluv
12-15-2006, 03:49 PM
That was wild when the Principal said all students remain calm and lock your doors. Stay in the same class you in do not get near the doors. But, we should have been let out early. I'm still in school and now a lot of cops are here too. All around the building.

dappa
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Kinda scary

Seyluv
12-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, and it begun at first period. I was a little scared too.

Squall Lionheart
12-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Misuse of weapons by a junior classman normally gets him/her expelled...

Seyluv
12-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, but not in my school. They only get like i think 25 days.

Spec Highwind
12-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Well... if someone steals something, or acts violently in my school, he gets expelled... Things are kinda different, here.

Seyluv
12-15-2006, 04:47 PM
yeah, so what are some ways they should be punish?

theDOCTOR
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
well, house arrest is one thing that is usually done around where i live.
then some kind of school/prison.
and then.....*looks around*...."the chair".....

John Smith
12-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Ouch.

I think that the maximum suspension time that a student gets here in Portugal is 2 weeks. Then, expelled O_o

Empress, explain something to me. Has that already happened before or has it happened/is it happening today? :O

theDOCTOR
12-15-2006, 07:07 PM
not sure, but its a shame that kids die at the hands of other kids with guns....
i lost one friend that way....*cries*

Seyluv
12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
It happened today during first period. it was pretty crazy too, we were stucked in the same room lock inside. everyone was scared.

Staircase
12-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Misuse of weapons by a junior classman normally gets him/her expelled...

Yeah, same here, and most of them go to prison for a couple of years. And think about it, how could they only get a 25 day suspension... i mean if you bring a gun to a store you get sent to jail for a couple of years, if you shoot the gun, your in for a long time. Why would it be different for young adults? :confused:

Wait you live in the US?!!?!?!?!?!
In the US a minimum sentence for brining a gun somewhere regardless of age is 3 years in prison (I'm sure you'd be in a while if you shot somebody)... are you sure what you are hearing is fact?

Oolyan
12-16-2006, 01:00 AM
yeah cause just being suspended is crazy you should go to jail

Lyde Lyde
12-16-2006, 01:27 AM
It is terrible to here about these experiences. I am more known to this happening in Middle Schools more than High Schools, what really needs to be taught is the parents to lock their guns away and don't even tell their children that they own one. It is a terrible travesty corrupting our society today. For some it's not the parents fault they may not own guns, but they find a way to get one anyway, truly melancholy.

Seyluv
12-16-2006, 02:36 AM
I agree with you there.

Kat
12-16-2006, 06:44 PM
If some one were to bring a gun into my school,they would get kicked out of school,and can never go back

Seyluv
12-16-2006, 11:25 PM
So far it been like four or five people in the past two years had bring a gun into our school.

Kat
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM
O.O what school do you go to?

blukazoo159
12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
i personally believe that for a first time offender, 6 months house arrest, and 1 year counceling. mulitipal offences, jail time, up to 10 years in some cases, counceling, and 3 years community services. but that is just me.

Seyluv
12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
I don't even wanna nasme it, cause my school has a really bad rep. Everyone knows about my scool.

Kat
12-17-2006, 01:47 AM
lol okay but are you sure its worse than Rockford school district? >.> that place is horrible

Seyluv
12-17-2006, 02:42 AM
I never heard of it, everyone be saying that my school is bad. That it needs to be close down. WE just got a new principal this year, he said "I heard about you guys, I heard you all rubn this school. But, as long as I'm here I will change this school."

Doctor
12-17-2006, 04:18 AM
If a person at school brought a gun, shot someone, and the person they shot died...Well, I would consider that homicide. It wouldn't matter if the offender was just shooting at random and they didn't mean to do it (or at least they CLAIM to not mean it,) they should not only get expelled, but they should spend many, many years in prison...There is no excuse for taking someone's life.

However, even if the offender did NOT kill anyone, the offender should still get expelled. Someone who has such a problem that they would bring a gun to school and intentionally shoot people does not belong in a school at all.

(Or they could be just a plain psychopath--in any case, if I were the principle of a school, I would not want anyone like that to be in it.)

Seyluv
12-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Yeah, I strongly agree with you.

Kite
12-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah but if someone is accidentally shot, it's not considered Homicide but Manslaughter...so depending on why the person did it (chances are they would pass a teenager with manslaughter, due to undeveloped mindset) it could be counted as Voluntary Manslaughter...

Voluntary manslaughter cases where the defendant may have an intent to cause death or serious injury, but the potential liability for murder is mitigated by the circumstances and state of mind. The most common example is the so-called heat of passion killing, such as where the defendant is provoked into a loss of control by unexpectedly finding a spouse in the arms of a lover or witnessing an attack against his or her child.

There have been two types of voluntary manslaughter recognized in law, although they are so closely related and in many cases indistinguishable that many jurisdictions do not differentiate between them.

Provocation. This is a killing caused by an event or situation which would probably cause a reasonable person to lose self-control and kill.
Heat of Passion. In this situation, the actions of another cause the defendant to act in the heat of the moment and without reflection.

...most people in these situations go in with an intentto kill but according to Psychs they would never do it intentionally because the teenage mind is not fully developed, many plead Insanity to escape the penalties, or they may get away with just psych counciling. Another back-up of the 'manslaughter' case is this...

Most countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter" on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time. Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and medication side-effects are examples of conditions that may be taken into account when assessing responsibility.

...Depression is usually what causes kids to bring guns or other weapons to school, things such as teasing or social status cause many cases of this. So a student bringing a gun to school can get no more than (MOST CASES) than coucniling and most likely will not be sent to prison unless they actually come in and point it at someon, threaten them and then blow their brains out (and that's if it is more than one person they do that to). If it is accidentally there is a guarentee of no jail time for minors.

Seyluv
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I know. Depression cause a lot of things.

dappa
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Its a bit extreme to bring a gun to school though and start shooting the place up, even if your depressed.

When people used to bully me I just slashed all their tyres on their bikes and made them walk home all the time. I got caught doing it and ended up getting suspended for a week.

Any form of retribution is wrong though, even slashing tyres.

Seyluv
12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
No one in my school rides they bike to school. my school doesn't even have a bike rack or whatever that thing is called where you place your bike at. what is sad is everyone really care that someone had a gun in the school.

blackstar
01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Empress I send my sincier thanks that you are ok and apoligies for the trouble youve been through.
I beleive they should be expelled and house arrest or prison for sure.

richboywonder
01-20-2007, 02:31 AM
when someone has a gun no one would tell because no one wants to get shot.

Cloud101
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I think this isn't off the topic, their was an assasination attempt at the school right next to mine, I feel sorry for the guy, he was at the edge of his rope, and just let go, I was once suicidal, it can get to you, pressure I mean. He's going to prison for trying to end his life, I feel really sorry for him, that could have been me(scarry). He's in the hospital now, this was about 3 hours ago, dont' worry, I won't get shot, and nobody else was, the poor guy, the bullet grazzed his skull, and knoked him out.

Yggdrasill
01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Anyone with a gun in school should be expelled from the school and jailed immediately
Has anyone here heard of a documentary called "Highschool Massacre"? It's about two kids who carried guns into school and killed a bunch of students and I *think* one teacher. I'd hate to think what's going through their sick little heads where their at home. The only thing I really hate is that they commited suicide in the end, if someone kills a bunch of people they should face up to the consequences. I don't care how messed up they are.

Cloud101
01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
You're talking about Coumbine.

blackstar
01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
yes she is and ive seen the documentary and despite what many think it was not Mr.Mansons' falt.

Yggdrasill
01-26-2007, 02:25 PM
yes she is and ive seen the documentary and despite what many think it was not Mr.Mansons' falt.

Nope. The were just a bunch of kids who were messed up in the head. =P

white mage
01-26-2007, 07:41 PM
What should happened to students who bring a gun to school? Today at first period someone just got shot. Last time this other boy brough one but he only got a few day off and a parent meeting. It's really wrong, that someone who cause great danger for me and other to just get away with that easy. He even shot someone too.

I think it's stupid. Methinks severe punishmen and expultion for these retarded idiots. Who agrees?

Cloud101
01-29-2007, 06:40 PM
You're too young to understand...

Yggdrasill
01-31-2007, 08:33 AM
The worst gun anyone has ever brought into my school was a B.B Gun anyway, B.B guns are harmless.
If someone brings a *real* gun into school you can obviously tell their planning to shoot someone.

Arkacia
01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
We have very strict gun control laws in Australia, and I can not remember any incidents involving guns in schools, certainly nothing that involved death or injury. The closest I know about was probably when a male student brought a crossbow to a high school in Victoria, I think, and shot two girls, one of them the girlfriend who had just dumped him. Both girls were ok, and the kid arrested.

We did have an incident a few years back where a 16 year old girl was shot dead in her hospital bed by a jelous boyfriend. He was just past school age though.

Where are these kids the rest of you are talking about getting these guns? Perhaps the adults responsible for the security of the weapons should be in court right next to the kids, if someone gets hurt because of their stupid or negligent behavior with lethal weapons. I find it hard to believe the majority of teenagers could get their hands on guns without the accidental or willing help of stupid adults.

Yggdrasill
01-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Some of the teachers in my school said: if you seriously wanted a gun; it's possible to get your hands on one in a little time of 2 hours, in London that is. I'm not surprised though, London is supposed to have a much worser crime-rate than New-york.
That's how dumb people are, why would people just lend out guns? It's like these type of people actually like watching people die.

forever yours
04-10-2007, 10:52 PM
i have a lot of guns, a couple 12 gauge shotguns, a walther ppk, a baretta model 92, and a colt 45, and i never took them to school. i did however leave one in the toolbox on my truck one time...... at my school u get expelled for having an airsoft gun in your car......

blackstar
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
i have a lot of guns, a couple 12 gauge shotguns, a walther ppk, a baretta model 92, and a colt 45, and i never took them to school. i did however leave one in the toolbox on my truck one time...... at my school u get expelled for having an airsoft gun in your car......
*scootsawayslowly* I want a ppk and a colt
*note to self never piss off forever yours* :D
But yeah its common sense i dont think anyone here said anything strictly against guns but Ido think there are some cases when the parents should be held as responsible.

jedi geoff
04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
well we dont really have this problem in Australia so yeh....