PDA

View Full Version : New Battle System

Rezanon
12-22-2006, 04:07 AM
What are all of your opinions on the new system?

I personally love it. It is more interactive and one bad point, imo, with all the other games was that it took so long to go in and out of battle. Here, you can still battle when you want and farming is easier. Don't get me wrong though. I still love the old system as well. I just think this is more interactive. Plus the multiple hit system and how different weapons have different factors in how the deal damage, is just a fantastic idea. Any opinions?

Zeromus_X
12-22-2006, 04:18 AM
It was a refreshing change of pace. I wouldn't like to see it in every game from now on of course, but it's definitely different and fun. Some people complain about Gambits making battles like 'watching yourself play the game', though, they probably haven't tried manually giving all their characters orders before...

Also, different weapons being suitable for different purposes is always fantastic, and very remniscent of the Final Fantasy Tactics games (gogo Matsuno <3).

So yes, I enjoyed it.

Kat
12-25-2006, 11:22 PM
well its defiantly diffrent from what i am used to,lol and it prolly take a long time for me to get used to,but it is fun ^.^
i liked it too

Phoenix Flame
12-26-2006, 12:09 PM
It's different. Not what I was expecting...is probably the best I can put it.

Now that it's been a couple months (on the 31st) I'm more used to it and it's not so bad.

Kat
12-26-2006, 02:26 PM
It's different. Not what I was expecting...is probably the best I can put it.
w0rd. ^.^

Doctor
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
The new battle system was a bit confusing for me at first. But I thought it was alright, once I got everything straightened out.

However, I really hate having to buy ALL your techniks, and almost all of your magic. I thought having to buy the liscence for the ability/magic etc. and having to buy the same ability/magic with gil was pretty stupid.

Unless, of course, you were really rich. >_>

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2006, 02:00 AM
...depends on what your idea of 'pwetty rich' is XD

Vivi the King
12-28-2006, 12:21 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it is that hwenever Vaan finish a fight their winning theme song doesn't come up...I miss it, it only come on mini-bos battle...

Phoenix Flame
01-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Don't miss it...got sick of pressing X...X...X...X after each battle to speed up the theme. :mad:

Seyluv
01-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I like the new battle system, but it is still not the same as it used to be. One thing I like is I can see the monsters I have to fight instead of everytime I make a move they come after me.

rion9009
01-09-2007, 10:24 PM
It reminded me of Vagrant Story's battle system, but done better. It's kind of addicting, struggling to get that Esper or Spell or Gambit Slot using the License Board. It really motivated me. XD

Seyluv
01-10-2007, 04:37 PM
The way they move in battle is kinda like Grandia II.