PDA

View Full Version : are you afraid of death???

Zeon
12-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I personally have an absolute fear of death. im more a kuja thinker myself in tht we should all go down together......but thts kinda off point. do you have fear of death? does the lingering thought of a large scythe wielding skeleton haunt your dreams? or do you honestly not care.....I wanna know about it! i wanna see wat opinions we all have on death.

Kat
12-26-2006, 05:07 PM
It really bothers me to think about it,when i think about it i get goosebumps.
but the thoughts of going to heaven after death always seems to help me..not be so afraid to die.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
ive always seen death as another challege tht we all over come.......no one knows what happens when you die......but we all find out :S its freaky to think about.....and the whole GOING TO HELL!!!! psh....yer right.....but stilll......then agen.....:S:S:S its freakishly wierd the different influences about these days

Spec Highwind
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I will have to die one die, rofl... But I think it would be a waste if I died right now... Tehre's so much I want to see and do...

Squall Lionheart
12-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Not really...thinking about it will get you nowhere...

Zeon
12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
mmmm thinking about it doesnt help but it gives me better understanding of it...i mean how do you want to die? ie peacefully in your sleep, in a fast accident how??

Spec Highwind
12-26-2006, 06:12 PM
mmmm thinking about it doesnt help but it gives me better understanding of it...i mean how do you want to die? ie peacefully in your sleep, in a fast accident how??

If you are saying that you are afraid of dying, why don't you stop thinking about it? You're wasting precious time with that.

But now that you mention it... I don't know how I would like to die. In a heroic way, of course :D

Zeon
12-26-2006, 06:16 PM
well then.......now everytime you see something tht you could become heroic becoz of it you'll just need to think in the bck of your mind.......it could be your dying moment.....like if you wanna die in your sleep......think about tht when you go to bed tonight hehehhe

Spec Highwind
12-26-2006, 06:46 PM
well then.......now everytime you see something tht you could become heroic becoz of it you'll just need to think in the bck of your mind.......it could be your dying moment.....like if you wanna die in your sleep......think about tht when you go to bed tonight hehehhe

Hum... How could I be a hero in bed?

ohhhhh!!! I understand! Tehehehehe

Zeon
12-26-2006, 06:47 PM
lmao nice one fair point.....but still you get wat im saying. although thinkign about it can be worse im as mad as a hatter anywayz so it makes no difference lol

dappa
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
When I was in my early teens many years ago I used to think about it alot when I was lying in bed at night and it used to freak me out. But now I am alot older I rarely even think about it.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 06:54 PM
seeeeeeee death in bed still freaks people out !!!!! why do you think there are more goths about nowadays?

John Smith
12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Everyone has to die in some point, some earlier than others, some of natural causes, some of not so natural causes, but everyone's destined to die. It's not like you have an elixer that you can drink, making you imortal :p

Zeon
12-26-2006, 07:27 PM
ill make it if i must!!!! True we all have to die.....but when??? wouldnt it be so much easier to know how your gunna die??? take the blow away knowing how long you got left.....

Seyluv
12-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I not really scared of it. i want to know what is after death. i want to be there but also i don't know what is going to happened. i live my life as simple as i can and death is just a big step towards something human, big, and unknown.

Spec Highwind
12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Everyone has to die in some point, some earlier than others, some of natural causes, some of not so natural causes, but everyone's destined to die. It's not like you have an elixer that you can drink, making you imortal :p

But there are elixirs named alcoholic drinks that can cause your dead earlier than you expected :)

What do I mean with this? Those who are afraid of dying but smoke and drink alcoholic drinks are... stupid!

John Smith
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
And not just smoking and drinking, don't forget about that.

By the way, do you guys know that it takes 10 years for the toxic gases from cigarretes to dissapear from your lungs?

Zeon
12-27-2006, 03:31 PM
horrid aint it???? does anyone here smoke? or even tried it? coz i havnt......i would only even consider it if i was gunna die the same day....just to try it......but even then not so sure i would.

Drink has health effects i no......but so? like practically anyone cares lol but yer......i drink openly.....and illegally (PLZ DONT QUOTE ME :D) but not like binge drink...the odd cider here and there. i wouldnt heavy drink even at a party. what effects do you think drink have on death??? who thinks tht death is more painful is you drink/smoke???? could be an intresting poll.....all those who think it does say "EYES AND PIES" at the end of your message (or edit previous ones)

EYES AND PIES

John Smith
12-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Eyes and Pies? :cofused:

Anyway, if you don't know, alcahool damages your liver and your brain, killing hundreds of brain cells, lowering your reactions to touch, narrows down youor vision, etc... These are just some of the problems that alcahool brings you. Think about it Zeon ;)

And no, I wouldn't smoke. We're all smokers anyway. Passive smokers, but smokers notheless.

Avathar
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Heh, in life there's only one thing you HAVE to do:

Dying.

And well, I don't really fear death a lot, although thinking too much about it doesn't help anything or anyone.

I'm actually rather curious what will happen after passing way. Is there after-life, is there another existence, will we exist?

So I haven't stopped thinking about it, of course, it's a natural thing to be doing, but fearing it? Not so much anymore, since life has to many good things to offer and enjoy, instead of neglecting it due to what will happen AFTER this life. =)

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Not afriad, don't think about it much. After all, I know where I'm going after this life.

Eyes and pies.

richboywonder
12-30-2006, 04:27 AM
everyone has to die sometime.

Doctor
12-30-2006, 05:20 AM
At times, i was not afraid of death, for i gladly welcomed it. I've wanted to die numerous times, so i never thought about being scared of it.

Obviously I was having second thoughts; I'm still here today.

When I think about it now, I just wonder where we go when we die, if we even go anywhere. The thought of that now frightens me more, once I had seriously thought about it.

Sometimes I'm still not sure, but those are my current thoughts...

Zeon
12-30-2006, 05:36 PM
mmmmm thts cool. umm yer the alcohol damaging brain cells.....bla bla bla......i no....if accept tht.....but like i said it isnt tht major a thing for me. i dont heavily drink so its not so bad. and THERES TWO THINGS TO BE GUARENTEED IN LIFE!!!

DEATH AND TAXES!!!! lol

but ummm yer.....we should all take a moment to consider about where you would want to go when you die (into the world of Final fantasy would be cooll :)) where would you most wanna go?

id personally go to a place of tranquility and peace where i can spend eternity in rest with those i love. i dont wanna die......i dont want to make people cry at my funerial......i wanna see a smile on the faces of my loved ones. the only thing i live for in this world is the chance to make people happy :) if i cant do tht then i dont deserve the love of others...and i would willing let death come to my door....id not be afraid anymore....but becoz of my passion for creating joy i keep creeping through life.......i wont die.....ill dodge death for as long as i can. Thts the main reason i fear death. becoz i fear tht my loce for others will be lost. i enjoy life. even at the times tht most would break down and cry in agony.....i always have a smile on my face. (the people who no me can comfirm tho none are really on here lol) but yer....thts why i fear death...the real reason

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm not scared of death simply because I'm not going to smoke or drink a lot when I'm eventually old enough to be able to do either. Sure, I'll drink but not excessively. This guarantees that'll I'll live as long as I'm able to, unless of course; I get a disease.
I would hate the fact of living forever though because eventually you just want it to end, which is why if I had a set of wishes; living forever would be the last thing I'd wish for.
Like richboy said: "Everyone has to die sometime."

Zeon
12-30-2006, 05:52 PM
well yes. death is a certainty of live. an endless cirlce tht we must wander forever with no escape. wat im sayign is i want to live as long as i can. dodge death for all i can :)

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I just hope after death you actually go to some sort of "Paradise".
It'll be kinda stupid if it all just goes black, but I really don't know whether to believe religion or not anymore. =/

Zeon
12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
religon is a high reason for death. most suicides happen in the name of religon (suicide bombing self sacrificing to gods etc) and most wars have some for of religous aspect. so i just choose to ignore the beliefs of religons and leave each to his own. believe what ever you like BUT JUST DONT THINK I WILL lol

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't believe in Religion anyway. =P
I just don't understand that if Religion is true then why are so many people getting left behind (Spirits)? Your also right in saying Religion is the cause for most deaths, infact, I'd say it's the cause for both WW's and 65% of most deaths.

dappa
12-30-2006, 07:40 PM
It is the main reason throughout the ages that human beings have fought each other.

Doctor
12-31-2006, 05:06 AM
I just hope after death you actually go to some sort of "Paradise".
It'll be kinda stupid if it all just goes black, but I really don't know whether to believe religion or not anymore. =/

It's quite possible that when one dies, nothing happens, and they just disappear; they cease to exist.

Religion has always taught that we go somewhere when we die...and people can believe whatever they want, but this may or may not be true.

And like Dappa said, these and many more beliefs are what cause human beings to fight and make war with each other.

Despite that, everyone should just hold their own beliefs about religion and death and life, and everything else, and not impose their beliefs on everyone else. One should just look forward to finding out for themselves where they go when they die, when the time comes.

Tiny Bronco
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I always knew I would die and so I've never been afraid of it. You can't do anything about it and its sure to happen. Its how I die that is improtant to me.

Doctor FaustIt's quite possible that when one dies, nothing happens, and they just disappear; they cease to exist.

I agree with the above. I hate it when people say things like there has to be something after death.

Life is just the result of protiens and acids that started interacting with there environment and eventually became "alive". People have suspected that since the Hellenistic Age and have known it since the late 20th century. Its perfectly reasonable to assume that life is just an incredible complex reaction of chemicls that will fail as more and more objects are put into that reaction. There is no reason to beleive that a "soul" exists. Consiouse thought could just be more cause and affect.

Wether there is a "God" or not is up to yourself and always will be because we (humans) are never going to be able to prove or disprove it.

On the other hand, since we can only understand that we cannot understand the "universe" (That is such a stupid term) I am led to believe in a "God"

Spec Highwind
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Doctor Faust
It's quite possible that when one dies, nothing happens, and they just disappear; they cease to exist.

I agree with the above. I hate it when people say things like there has to be something after death.

x2

Kat
01-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I always knew I would die and so I've never been afraid of it. You can't do anything about it and its sure to happen. Its how I die that is improtant to me.

Doctor Faust

Life is just the result of protiens and acids that started interacting with there environment and eventually became "alive". People have suspected that since the Hellenistic Age and have known it since the late 20th century. Its perfectly reasonable to assume that life is just an incredible complex reaction of chemicls that will fail as more and more objects are put into that reaction. There is no reason to beleive that a "soul" exists. Consiouse thought could just be more cause and affect.

Wether there is a "God" or not is up to yourself and always will be because we (humans) are never going to be able to prove or disprove it.

On the other hand, since we can only understand that we cannot understand the "universe" (That is such a stupid term) I am led to believe in a "God"people only say that according to their religion,or what they believe..some people might believe some thing completely out there that you know could never happen,but you never know that person could be right.

blackstar
01-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I personally do not fear death for myself. What i fear is the death of those I care about and love you know its your friends you dont want to die or miss. Except Jhimian we are so shooting his coffin out of a cannon and into the Baltic sea.

Cloud101
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM
OMG!Dude!

Drake
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I fear pain but I do not fear death. As far as I'm concerned death is just a transistion to eternal nothingness/peace. There are good and bad things in life. But in death there is nothing. Just that eternal nothing/rest. With no dreams or nightmares. Of course, I'd prefer a quick and painless demise.

Axel
01-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not really afraid of death, just the manner of my death. I would rather die among friends than die alone.

blackstar
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree with Jhimian I would rather die among friends and I would prefer to die either protecting a friend or at peace.

Axel
02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Best friends to the end Blackstar.

Catalyst
02-02-2007, 01:27 AM
As of the past few months, I'm really not scared of death at all. I'm more of a pesimistic person rather than an optimistic person because of things that are happening now, and have recently happened. It seems complicated, but I know I'm thinking of it being a lot more than it really is.

Slider
02-17-2007, 12:41 PM
To me death is like sleeping, it'll be peacefull if you're satisfied with what you've done in life!

Sleazer
05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
When the time come every one of us will die.So Im not scared Im just waiting and asking myself how will it be.