PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Phantasia

CiD
12-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Was amazed that there wasnt a thread about this game, hope many of u have played it, it shure takes a place in my RPG top 5.

Wanna get down and discuss it, Imo i think its a great game and grapics and sounds far ahead of its time, i shiver when im thinking that not even FF8 had voices in it, and a game from 1997 (i think) have it.

Square made a masterwork, i havent played the followers like Tales of Symphonia, for those of u who haved played them, are they as good as the original?

Zeromus_X
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
The Tales series is a Namco-Bandai franchise.

And yes, later Tales games are quite fun as well (although, I'm only really familiar with Tales of Symphonia and am planning on getting Tales of the Abyss in the near future), and even surpass Phantasia if only because they're more advanced. But Tales of Phantasia is a great game for its time.

I also have to thank it for giving birth to Star Ocean...:)

Phoenix Flame
12-30-2006, 04:04 AM
I really enjoyed TOS. I played it last year.

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 12:03 PM
I used to have ToP but got bored of it after a while, the AI in battle was extremely stupid and sometimes I found I was actually the only one attacking in battle.
I still have Tales of Symphonia and it is my favourite Tales game, it's probably my 4th favourite game of all time as well. (Pretty obvious, I mean; look at my username. =P)
I was going to get Tales of the Abyss but I'm not anymore; considering Namco have announced it isn't going to see a Europe release.