PDA

View Full Version : Possible Affiliation and a few tips.

kila_bite
05-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi there people. I must say that your boards are looking great! I have never seen such a well layed out forum devoted to Final Fantasy! The admin have done a great job.

I think that these forums should get a custom colour scheme as a difference to the default Vbulletin one. If you need help with this contact me by PM and I'll give you a hand and tell you how to go about it. :)

Look at getting some more inbound links to your site to boost your PR a little and get your rank in google/yahoo up.

I own the other FF-Network (Link in my sig) that has a Vbulletin forum and I wish to give you guys a hand. My MSN handler is [email protected] so if you wish to speak over MSN I will be more than happy to do so.

I also wish to suggest affiliate links from our sites. If you create a mini banner I will place it in the Affiliate section of my site and I can provide you with mine now.

Any questions feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Kila

http://www.ff-net.org/Pictures/mini.gif

LoKuS
05-28-2005, 02:49 PM
affiliation with other sites is a great idea.

FFnut
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Well, Kila, if you run a message board you know better than most of the other people - with the good comes the bad. Boosting PR isn't good if it attracts trolls, spammers, flamers, or other generally malignant groups of message board subscribers.

kila_bite
05-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Yes but I also know that the PR scheme has been abolished and the new google trust scheme has been started. This counts in your favour if links from relevant sites are established.

Also this is not boosting PR at all. This is links between relevant and similar site that would be a good varition for my members and for you guys. If you take a look at the google toolbar there is proof of this also read http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic44848.html this.

This request is innocent and the site needs links coming to it from other sites.

Shaggy
05-31-2005, 03:04 AM
You are really only helping your site out by posting the links here. Seeing that this forum is bigger then yours, the link exchange will really only help your site, not this one.

kila_bite
05-31-2005, 05:49 AM
Actually no. We already have affiliate links with GZE evolution and FF spirit, two veery large sites.

Our old site was final-forum.net and that was bigger than this one, we have just recently moved to a new domain so we're not going to have as many members.