PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character.

Doctor
12-30-2006, 05:06 AM
So, answer the question. XD

As for me; it's not vann, it's not Ashe, it's not even Basch or Balthier....for me, it's Judge Gabranth *Moderator Edit: Don't haphazardly spoil the game. ~ Zeromus* (sorry if I spoiled it for some. @_@ )

He's just so awesome...I never thought I would like him, until I saw the ending...then I realized how cool he was. >_^

Kat
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
i can't decide between Fran and Balthier,lol
but so far Balthier is really winning my vote <3 ^_____^

Phoenix Flame
01-03-2007, 12:16 AM
...well its DEFINITELY NOT VAAN!!!

Did I say that loud enough?! What a worthless 'main' character IMO.

Anyway. My favorite so far is Ashe.

Zeromus_X
01-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Yeah, Vaan is pretty irritating...

With the exception of Vaan, I find all the main characters to be pleasant. If I had to pick it'd probably be Ashe. Or Fran. Or Basch. Or Balthier. Or...well, yeah, I probably can't pick a definite favorite. xD

Andrew Scaves
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Balthier is straight gangsta.

dirge_of_sephiroth
01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Vaan is my least favorite of the pack, and my least favorite lead in all the FF games I've played. How in the name of Jenova did he get lead status anyway? But I digress. This is supposed to be about favorite characters.

I do like everyone pretty well. So I don't know if I've got a definitive favorite. I like Basch a lot and Balthier. Ashe too, and Penelo, I'd say she's the best of her type, which is the young, cheerful optimistic female that always seems to wind up in FF games.

I thought Vayne was pretty attractive, at least physically, until you got to the end and he looked like he took too many steroids....

Kat
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
...well its DEFINITELY NOT VAAN!!!

Did I say that loud enough?! What a worthless 'main' character IMO.

Anyway. My favorite so far is Ashe.hey everyone lets not go hatin on Vaan! i like him too and if you don't like him keep it to yourself this is a FAVROITE CHARACHTER thread not a least favorite character thread.
ahem, now where was i...oh yea i like Basch too,he's really loyal..and all

Seyluv
01-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Vaan reminds me a lot like Tidus, but mines would I like him only because I got used to fighting as him and he a good sword. Bacsh or whatever his name is, has to be a pretty cool character too, but I'm not used to him yet. Just got this game yesterday, so I really can't say who is my favorite.

Phoenix Flame
01-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Give it about a hundred hours... :rolleyes:

If you get stuck, ask.

Kat
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Give it about a hundred hours... :rolleyes:

XD yea Basch is an uber character once you've had him for a while he has incredible strength ^_^

and finally my vote goes to...Balthier :D i can't help but like him he's so charming ^-^

rion9009
01-08-2007, 04:57 AM
personally, Ashe is SO refreshing as the princess archtype. Instead of whining about being a princess and *gasp* having to marry a prince, she defends her people and stands for her beliefs. In fact, at my current point in the game Ashe is trying to PROVE she's the rightful heir to her throne, wonderfully ironic. Screw disney-pretty-princesses like Garnet and Reina, Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca PWNS

oh and I don't think Vaan is so bad, and I don't think he's the main character at all, he just serves to introduce us to the story. There is a scene I don't wanna spoil but Vaan redeems himself to me because he admits he acts pretty stupid, so he's in my good graces :)

Phoenix Flame
01-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Yesh! I agree with rion. Ashe FTW!

master axel
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
what is this game

Hydra
01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Yesh! I agree with rion. Ashe FTW!
Quoted for truth in my opinion. XD

In other words, Ashe is the best. =O

Oh, and for Master Axel, FFXII (Final Fantasy Twelve) is the latest installment of FF for the Playstation Two. Which, in my opinion, is way too long for any human being to try to complete 100%. =D

white mage
01-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Sorry if I sound the idiot, but what game are you guys talking about?

Phoenix Flame
01-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Again, this is FF XII (Twelve) for the PS2. We are NOT playing a tread-based game if that's what you two were asking.

And I still liked Ashe best of all, although Basch was a close second.

My hero Squall
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Hello, yes I'm back, I do apologive for not posting on this forum for so long!

I dont know who my favourite characters are yet coz the game has not come out yet where I am. It was supposed to come out yesterday but for some reason was postponed to next thursday! GRRR And I took the day off work just to play it. Ahh wells.

Mong00se
02-28-2007, 12:24 AM
As for favorite character, I thought Fran was SEX! She was not only aesthetically appealing (:P) but her voice was just to die for. Balthier sounded to me like Ewen McGregor, but I liked the story behind him.

Some other mentionable characters though were Al Cid de Margrace, who was a wicked cool euro guy, and Dr. Cidolfer (sp?), but was the coolest Cid since ffvii.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like Ashe. I thought it was cool that she wasn't your token bombshell blonde type heroin, like so many others (Tifa, Garnet, Yuna, etc), but I think that she didn't really mature as a character because she was so consumed with her own lust for power

Phoenix Flame
02-28-2007, 12:28 AM
As for favorite character, I thought Fran was SEX! She was not only aesthetically appealing (:P) but her voice was just to die for. Balthier sounded to me like Ewen McGregor, but I liked the story behind him.

Some other mentionable characters though were Al Cid de Margrace, who was a wicked cool euro guy, and Dr. Cidolfer (sp?), but was the coolest Cid since ffvii.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like Ashe. I thought it was cool that she wasn't your token bombshell blonde type heroin, like so many others (Tifa, Garnet, Yuna, etc), but I think that she didn't really mature as a character because she was so consumed with her own lust for power

I agree with everything...ESPECIALLY about Fran: except for Ashe. I don't believe she was after power. I mean, she was - but when it boils down to it what she was really after was justice, which is always better.

Keelus Mclain II
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Balthier was quite the man,
I choose him.
His personality was is like hes always on a mission
or the way he talks
I like him tons !!

And, Im sorry; but I hated the way Fran talked
it sounded too computerish..

Kat
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Balthier was quite the man,
I choose him.
His personality was is like hes always on a mission
or the way he talks
I like him tons !!

And, Im sorry; but I hated the way Fran talked
it sounded too computerish..Balthier is the man ^_^

but i happen to like Fran's accent :p

My hero Squall
03-19-2007, 05:32 AM
I think Balthier was probably my favourite character! My boyfriend likes Judge Gabranth (Noah)! Lord Larsa was pretty cool aswell.

Spec Highwind
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
I haven't played much... But my faves so far are Vaan and Freya... E don't like Basch and Balthier :p

Phoenix Flame
03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Basch was awesome ;ang

...u've got no taste Spec. ;ble J/K

Lyde Lyde
03-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I haven't played much... But my faves so far are Vaan and Freya... E don't like Basch and Balthier :p

Freya's a IX character:rolleyes: You know I should sick a ;cac on you for that. Anyway my favorite character is Basch. He's a stern strong man who was deemed traitor and stood up and fought against.. and I have to add I liked his beard.

Spec Highwind
03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Freya's a IX character:rolleyes: You know I should sick a ;cac on you for that. Anyway my favorite character is Basch. He's a stern strong man who was deemed traitor and stood up and fought against.. and I have to add I liked his beard.

Oh god I meant Fran XDDDD

They both have big ears

dappa
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
the sky pirate wins for coolness

Gackt Camui
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I like Fran...I think she is cool. Tall bunny chick. Its like the playboy bunnies of FF. lol

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/CrimsonEmo/Images/FFXIIFran.jpg

forever yours
04-06-2007, 12:11 AM
balthier or ashe. vaan made a lowsy main character and i often found myself using ashe or balthier as the party leader.

Kat
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Fran was always my party leader for one she's my favorite character and second i like attacking from afar,it's easier for me. ^^

Drake
04-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Basch or Balthier. Basch cuz he's an infamous hated traitor but he remains a loyal hero despite that. And Balthier cuz he's a sky pirate. And he has a great voice/accent. And I like his cheeky personality.

Dead Pepper
05-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I really don't mind Vaan, but I don't like Penelo. I just don't like her fringe. I'm not fond of Ashe either. But i'm sure they'll warm to me.

Fran is my favourite, just because of her voice, she's got such a lovely voice.

Max the Man
05-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Mai favourites are Fran and Penelo *nodnod*

Kat
05-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I really don't mind Vaan, but I don't like Penelo. I just don't like her fringe. I'm not fond of Ashe either. But i'm sure they'll warm to me.

Fran is my favourite, just because of her voice, she's got such a lovely voice.exactly!

Phoenix Flame
05-06-2007, 06:12 AM
...now on my second play through, and I'm happy to report that Vaan hasn't seen the first row of my party in about 30 hours. XD! I can't stand him! Ashe is annoying also. My favs are still Bashe>Fran>Balthier.

Kat
05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
...i don't get why no one likes Vaan...?
exactly why or how is he so unliked?
so what if he doesn't have alot to do with the story.
=\
i like him,but he isn't my favorite character either.

Phoenix Flame
05-18-2007, 05:52 AM
We don't like em because you like em Kat... = P

Ya RLY.
= o

J/K, J/K... I don't like him because of similar reasons why many don't like Tidus from X... he's got an attitude, he's pervasively annoying at times in the storyline, blah blah blah.... one of his redeeming qualities is he's a diamond in the rough - as we learn during the story....and he had an awesome brah. I liked Reks!

I would just as soon taken Vaan out and had Migelo as a playable character XP!

dappa
05-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Baasch is a cool character, I also like frans voice too

forever yours
05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
lol, migelo would be a fun one to have. it would take like 2 minutes for his ATB gauge to fill up, from age. lol

dappa
06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
My attitude is changing to basch as my favorite

Garnet_Dagger
06-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I can't really say who my fav is. All of them are great well except for one blond teenage boy lead...no names. But if I had to choose it would be Balthier. Ashe needs to step her game up though. She's being out sexed by a bunny woman in revealing black armor and stilletos. As cool as Fran is, I've already come upon some unpleasant images....damn furries... -_-

zen la
07-01-2007, 07:51 PM
vaan is great i like him dunno why balthier to the wise fella of the bunch

TheHighwind12
07-21-2007, 04:20 PM
It's Basch. Somehow, i just feel good with Basch in charge of the team. And Vaan i only have in team coz' he hits kinda good. I really don't like Vaan.. I would use Balthier but he is awfully slow with Fomalhaut..

Phoenix Flame
07-22-2007, 01:55 AM
...then get him some swiftness augments ;)

Kat
08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
favorite characterS

-Balthier
&
-Fran
<3

clief101_
08-16-2007, 03:49 AM
i duno who liked most, the characters story with the game was always jumbled up, it kept jumpin from 1 character to another, so it made it kinda hard to deconstruct a character and find a fav 1

but jus coz vaan is da main character, id have to pik him, even tho i dun really like him 2 much lmao

Phoenix Flame
08-17-2007, 04:28 AM
>_< Vaan...is..... Vaan .__.'' Can't say I particularly like him.

Ashe is kinda annoying too. I have to agree with the smecksie kittie on this one. <3

dappa
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I like all the characters in this game really, there aint one I dont like.

I think it would've been better if Ashe was called by her full name "Ashelia" as I think it sounds better.

Anyone else agree?

clief101_
08-19-2007, 10:35 PM
yeh...its better than ashe....reminds my of pokemon, man i hate the show

Kat
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
i agree with Dappa.
-^_^-
Ashe(lia) actually does have a really pretty name...