PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil

Isaac Dead Space
01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
OK, I'll add some feedback for each game and I want you to do the same:

;)

Resident Evil Zero

Too similar to the original, but good scary fun nevertheless. Richard Aiken should've been a playable character, me thinks. Billy Coen was an OK supporting guy though.

Resident Evil

Original is still great, but the remakle is like 1000 times better. Very fluid graphics, gameplay and movie scenes, I think. The Lisa Trevor creature was a good addition as well, but I was annoyed that Wesker's voice actor was replaced for this one instalment.

Resident Evil 2

The very reason I got into survival horror...It is a bit outdated, but many fans consider this one to be the best. I really enjoy playing the game twice with Claire and then Leon. But it is kinda too easy to fly through it now.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

OK, I was hooked on this back in 2000 but now it seems a bit on the outdated side. Nemesis is still a force to be reckoned with though...

Resident Evil - Code Veronica X

Quite possibly the best out of all the series. It was very long back then, and I thought it had the best story. The monsters were very well-done too, like Nosferatu and his daughter, Alexia Ashford.

Resident Evil 4

So now we get to the present day and I feel Capcom ruined the Biohazard saga in some ways, but greatly improvised on what made the other games feel outdated. Still, it doesn't really feel like a Resident Evil game, but a lot of people love Resident Evil now because Resident Evil 4 helped make the series popular again.

Drake
01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I'll only post about the RE games that I've played:

RE (PS dualshock version)

I enjoyed it alot, possibly because it takes place almost entirely in just a single mansion-that gives it an interestng atmosphere I say. That is, a sense that everything is connected. Didn't play the Gamecube remake much at all, so no comment.

RE 2

This game feels like it has high production values. Also, it has quite a few extras, espically for it's year.

RE 3

Nemesis chasing you from room to room or ambushing you at any time is intense. Plus, he's a very tough SOB. Also, the in game multichoice cutscenes are (as far as I know) unique to RE 3 and in my opinion, quite fun. I thought the mine thrower weapon was a piece of crap.

RE Code Veronica X

The plot/cutsecenes Wesker has were (for me) very enjoyable. Wesker was much cooler/interesting in this game than in the original RE. The dual aiming thing was cool and the boss fight inside an airplane was intense.

RE 4 (PS2 version)

Has puzzles like other RE games, but this time the puzzles aren't tedious. The behind the back aiming perspective is more immersive that the 3rd character view. Weapon upgrading adds a new kind of depth to the series. I thought the mine thrower weapon was extremly fun.

John Smith
01-19-2007, 04:25 PM
The only one I played was RE2 and quite some time ago too :p I lovinate it <3

Seyluv
01-24-2007, 01:10 AM
I recieved Resident Evil 4 a month ago, but I never played it yet. i been playing FFXII and plus my Gamecube isn't hook up.

I did played Resident Evil 1 & 2 when i was real young, it was a pretty good game./ With lots of fun weapons and items, but i don't remember it that well. I hope that once I do hook up my gamecube That i would love this game as any Final fantasy.

blackstar
01-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I like the RE series ive only played 1 and 4 but ive been told the story I want to go back and buy the old ones and play them now I did like the playstyle of 4 better but I like the horror aspect of the 1st one better. Very seldom in 4 did it seem like a horror/survival insted of an action game so I think they should keep the setup but make the enviornment more like the original.

Yggdrasill
01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
I've played quite a lot of the Resident evil series. I've completed RE1, RE: Zero and RE4.
Personally I think Zero was the best because of the character switch feature, I also liked how sometimes you were forced to be split up; made it alot harder as you had to heal each character equally or you'd easily see the Game-over screen.
Resident evil 4 was alright but I thought it was more a shooter/action game than a survivial horror.

Yoko Kurama
01-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I beat RE4 countless times and bought it for the PS2 after I beat it on gamecube.

Hydra
01-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Trying to kill a bag head chainsaw man with a knife and a handgun is certainly a "survival" time to me. =D

Just gotta limit your weapons to make the most out of the fun.

blackstar
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Trying to kill a bag head chainsaw man with a knife and a handgun is certainly a "survival" time to me. =D

Just gotta limit your weapons to make the most out of the fun.
Thats a good idea.

Isaac Dead Space
02-26-2007, 03:26 PM
The chainsaw guy from Resident Evil 4 is clearly based on Thomas "Leatherface" Hewitt from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, otherwise known as Bubba.

jedi geoff
02-28-2007, 03:25 AM
dont know if this counts, but i played a custom made starcraft map of resident evil..it is a long ass map bout an hour long maybe an hour and a half.... it was really good where you get one unit, a " sarge" i think and you each gotta hold a street with some other officers. when you fail that (trust me you will) you gotta fall back and hold the police station from zombies... its cool you can kind key cards and unlock hospitals, colleges etc and get civilians which you can equip so you have two or more gunmen!!! one of the best starcraft map ever!!!

Fawkes Lament
03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Resident Evil 2
This is the only one I've played, and it sticks out most in all of the games I have... Mostly since I only have half the game... Still, I can beat the game all the way through, and I play it as much as I possibly can...

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
My little brother(13) plays these games like crazy...I think so far he's beaten every one. Don't quote me on that one though.

Fawkes Lament
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Resident Evil 1...
Just borrowed it, but the dialogue is horrible. graphics are interesting for when it was made, though. The zombies walk WAY fast. I seriously hope someone agrees with me on this one.

Gackt Camui
05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
The zombies can walk fast..but what is it. The Resident Evil game for the Game Cube where the zombies like speak spanish or something are super smart and extremely fast...They carries guns, climb up latters, set traps.

Isaac Dead Space
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
When is The Umbrella Chronicles coming to the Wii in the UK?

I got it bookmarked for my survival horror collection....

Hydra
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
They're making a Resident Evil 4 REmake for the Wii, but the UMBC?

I'm not sure if a release date has even been set in the US yet, so I'm not sure about that. RE4 Wii Edition comes out in 06/19. (UK 06/29)

Isaac Dead Space
07-09-2007, 07:40 AM
They're making a Resident Evil 4 REmake for the Wii, but the UMBC?

I'm not sure if a release date has even been set in the US yet, so I'm not sure about that. RE4 Wii Edition comes out in 06/19. (UK 06/29)

It's another spin off, narrated by Wesker himself. You explore areas from 0, 1, 2 and 3 as a duo in a first person shooter style setting, where a second player can accompany you as well. Then on the last stage, you go to a never-before-seen stronghold that belongs to Umbrella.

Rumour has it that you WILL get to play as Wesker in this game, as he attempts to siege control of what remains of the original Umbrella (before the events of RE4 unfold). This will be very interesting for fans and newcomers, as he's like the series' principal antagonist now.

Squall Leonhart
08-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Re 4 is one of the best games i've ever played in my life.

Isaac Dead Space
09-14-2007, 10:58 AM
If you want to know more about The Umbrella Chronicles, then please go here.

evilunleashed.com