PDA

View Full Version : The Game Secrets FFX

Wezzy
06-02-2005, 11:37 AM
i was wondering if anyone here knows any good secrets about ff10.

How do i get that other overdrive for Valefore?

LoKuS
06-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Im pretty sure all the aeons only have one overdrive.

FFnut
06-02-2005, 09:49 PM
No, Valefor has two. I'm lazy, though, so I can't look it up. All I know is it involves talking to someone with a dog right outside Besaid Temple.

LoKuS
06-02-2005, 11:39 PM
No, Valefor has two. I'm lazy, though, so I can't look it up. All I know is it involves talking to someone with a dog right outside Besaid Temple.
Is Valfor the only aeon who has two overdrives?

FFnut
06-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure...

Valefor - Energy Ray, Energy Blast
Ifrit - Hellfire
Ixion - Thor's Hammer
Shiva - Diamond Dust
Yojimbo - Not really applicable here, but you could make an argument for Zanmato because he has a better chance of using it when he has OD...
Bahamut - Mega Flare
Anima - Oblivion
Magus Sisters - Delta Attack

Yeah, Valefor's the only one with two.

Wezzy
06-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Found the extra overdrive! Please remind me on how to get Tidus's best weapon?

FFnut
06-07-2005, 05:41 PM
To get the weapon itself? You have to do something with chocobos (probably win a race against the trainer) then go to the top left corner of the Calm Lands. Go down the side of the cliff and use the Celestial Mirror there.

Wezzy
06-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Oh yeah i remember now thanks very much! I know how to get sun stone and crest as well which is also good. How about kimahri's? I've never ever had his i couldn't find it.

FFnut
06-08-2005, 04:52 PM
You have to find the three cactuar stones in the Thunder Plains and then go to the broken lightning tower. Lightning will hit it and you can find the Spirit Lance.

jecht
07-22-2005, 03:08 AM
whats soo good about the final weapons?? pls explain ... they cant be that good if you cant gain ap and you cant customise them!

ShadowHeart
07-22-2005, 07:02 AM
From the Ultimate Weapons Guide at www.gamefaqs.com:

You'll notice that your ultimate weapons aren't all they're cracked up to be
at first. In fact, you can't remodel them, and they prevent you from gaining
AP! Their powers are sealed, so you'll need to unseal them to take advantage
of their full potentional.

Each weapon has 2 power-ups, a Crest and a Sigil. After collecting each power-
up, return to the plant in Macalania Woods to unseal your weapons. Without
unsealing your weapons at all, they will only bear the [No AP] auto-ability.
After unsealing them with the Crest, they will bear [No AP] and [Double
Overdrive]. And finally, after unsealing them with the Sigil, they'll have all
of the bells and whistles they rightfully should have. Also, you cannot unseal
your weapons with the Sigil before you've unsealed them with the Crest. If you
have both in your inventory, you still need to talk to the plant twice - once
to unseal the weapon with the Crest, and once again to unseal it with the Sigil.

After unsealing the ultimate weapons with both the Crest and the Sigil, they will all have the properties Break Damage Limit (possible to do more than 9999 damage) and Triple Overdrive. They will also have 2 more properties each, that vary. Some have Double AP, but not all, for example.

Each weapon has it's separate Sigil and Crest. Tidus' ultimate weapon has the Sun Crest and the Sun Sigil for example.

jecht
07-22-2005, 11:56 PM
oh thanx shadow heart ur a ledgend!!

ZanarkandRuins
07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Have you tried the Omega Ruins? Or training Chocobos? Or getting all of the Aeons?...

水草Cloud
11-04-2005, 01:31 PM
If you want to learn the 2ed overdrive of Valefor,you must beat the dark Valefor in beside island after you get the airshipe

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
If you want to learn the 2ed overdrive of Valefor,you must beat the dark Valefor in beside island after you get the airshipe

Isn't it that in combination w/picking up an item for defeating the fiend (you may get the item by actually defeating him, but you might have to pick it up - I will look futher into this.)

slimcloud
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
no its battling dark valefor after you get the airship honest

Squall Leonhart
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Where is dark Valefore?

ShadowHeart
02-07-2006, 08:15 AM
At the entrance to Besaid, I found it out the hard way when trying to go there late in the game and getting completely owned by him.

slimcloud
02-07-2006, 12:34 PM
its such a cool game ffx i found out it cost £99.99 on e-bay when i bought it for about £15 about 2 years ago

maSteR_ffX
09-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Isn't it that in combination w/picking up an item for defeating the fiend (you may get the item by actually defeating him, but you might have to pick it up - I will look futher into this.)

actually, you can get the ENERGY BLAST (valefors 2nd Overdrive) very very early in the game. you can get it before leaving Besaid Island. reply if you wanna know how.

Kat
09-09-2006, 07:53 PM
are you guys getting ffx and ffx-2 mixed up because im confuzzled as heck right now...in ffx you fight all aeons inside sin they get possesed by Yu Yevon right?
and in ffx-2 you fight each aeon in its chamber if the fayth,so dark valefor would be fought in Besaid's chamber of the fayth..am i correct?
and u get valefor's 2nd overdrive by talking to the girl who has the dog sitting beside her infront of Besaid temple..in FFX

Hydra
09-10-2006, 12:18 AM
are you guys getting ffx and ffx-2 mixed up because im confuzzled as heck right now...in ffx you fight all aeons inside sin they get possesed by Yu Yevon right?
and in ffx-2 you fight each aeon in its chamber if the fayth,so dark valefor would be fought in Besaid's chamber of the fayth..am i correct?
and u get valefor's 2nd overdrive by talking to the girl who has the dog sitting beside her infront of Besaid temple..in FFX
That's right. Besides the Valefor's second overdrive part. You talk to the dog, not the girl. If you decide to get it before you leave Besaid for the first time, you may have to talk to the dog several times. If you get it afterwards, when you have the Airship, just find the dog and talk to it, and you should get something slobbery. =O Which is Energy Blast. With some slobber on it.

Zeromus_X
09-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Yeah, I've always wondered about that. Must be a Spoon kind of thing. :p

Hydra
09-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Aeons collect kitchen utensils to get overdrives. :D

Haha, get near the end of the game. And go back to Besaid, and have Lulu attack a wolf enemy with a regular attack. (When the weapon walks over there and hits it)

Then she says:

"At least it was worth a try."

Or something near there.

I admit, I lol'd when I saw it. XD Lots of funny little dialouge.

Phoenix Flame
09-10-2006, 09:41 AM
The little dialogue I laughed at was when Rikku asked if the Dark Flan was edible :D

Funny, funny!

dappa
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I laughed at a piece of dialogue when my party was in the moonflow area for the first time.

Yuna: (puts on a voice like wakka's) Theres lots of fiends in the area, ya?

Lulu: Dont talk like that!!!

this bit of dialogue was pretty funny mainly for the voice yuna put on.

Kat
02-13-2007, 11:53 AM
i though it was funny when Tidus told Auron not to break any bones ^^

Tidus: Don't break any bones old man!

Auron:*hmph*
:p

dappa
02-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah that was a funny.

Another interesting piece of info is to go to mt gagazet and talk to maechen after you have aquired the airship.

That old geezer has some interesting info. Like the history of yevon and yevon being the ruler of zanarkand and yunalesca being his daughter.

Kat
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM
did any one ever know,that if you revisit all the chambers of the fayth,you get special sphere and goodies like that?
i just found that out last week while playing FFX,lol.

Phoenix Flame
03-11-2007, 10:17 AM
: o

Yeah! I knew that. :p

dappa
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
For people who dont own the guide, just about all monsters in the species conquest section drop spheres which can be used to fill up empty nodes on the sphere grid.

Phoenix Flame
07-01-2007, 09:43 AM
...one thing more about Valefor's second overdrive - you have to talk to the item shop's owner twice after you've acquired Valefor - then she tells you about the dog.

The only way to unlock the overdrive is to talk to her twice THEN the dog...afterwards you receive the OD.

In the International version of the game - where do you fight the Dark Aeons at?

dappa
07-01-2007, 12:51 PM
The dark aeons will show up when you have acquired the airship for good.

Dark valefor - entrance to besaid village
Dark ifrit - where the destroyed al bhed base is
Dark Ixion - Thunder plains near the second save point
Dark shiva - entrance to macalania temple
Dark yojimbo - cavern of the stolen fayth right near yojimbos resting place
Dark Bahamut - Where you fought yunalesca
Dark Anima - replay the trials of gagazet with wakka then go to the start of gagazet where the ronsos live.
Dark Magus Sisters - The start of mushroom rock road.

You really need maximum stats to fight dark ixion onwards, the first two can be overcome by some really cool planning.

All the dark aeons have their own special auto abilities too

Phoenix Flame
07-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Also - for those of you that have the International version of X - you can take advantage of the sort-of 'New Game +' feature. Actually it's a glitch that allows you (when you have everything you want in the game - Aeons, uber-weapons, etc) to go to the 1/2 way point - before Home is destroyed. There are a few things to watch out for...like your game freezing during certain points and whatnot...so I'd read the FAQ on gamefaqs thourghly if you are considering trying it. I'm going to just for laughs. ;)

Halim Ondore
04-29-2008, 06:18 AM
wow i did not knew that.....

clief101_
09-27-2009, 01:22 PM
im fairly certain that the international version is the only version with dark aeons am i correct? that means that the japanese and US version doesnt have dark aeons. or penence for that matter, 'coz u need to beat all the dark aeons to then fight penence

rissole25
09-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I live in Australia and I don't think mine's Internatonal but I get the Dark Aeons so Idk

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 04:49 AM
im fairly certain that the international version is the only version with dark aeons am i correct? that means that the japanese and US version doesnt have dark aeons. or penence for that matter, 'coz u need to beat all the dark aeons to then fight penence

Whatever version is in Japan and everywhere else that isn't NA has the Dark Aeons. v_v