PDA

View Full Version : FF8 the cause of 9 {Possible spoilers}

blackstar
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
SPOILERS!!!

In ff8 if im not mistaken at the end you beat the sorceress but she does combine the past-present-and future. And if you think about it 8 was very modern but 9 was a old style living and cloths but tecnology, Zidane also makes reference to have having met Cloud. So what are your oppionion on this idea.

MOD EDIT: Please don't boldly post the endings of games w/o putting in 'SPOILERS' in your title - not everyone has played the game and may not want to have the ending spoiled.

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
...not that you'd call it a "spoiler", but neither of the two you're mentionning are in FF8 and everything ended...also evreything came back to the way it was in FF8...

Yggdrasill
01-25-2007, 02:47 PM
SPOILERS!!!
In ff8 if im not mistaken at the end you beat the sorceress but she does combine the past-present-and future. And if you think about it 8 was very modern but 9 was a old style living and cloths but tecnology,
This is because FF9 is old-school while FF8 is sci-fi-ish, FF8 and FF9 aren't connected in anyway.

Zidane also makes reference to have having met Cloud. So what are your oppionion on this idea.

This is because FF9 is a tribute to past FF's. It contains tons of references to the past FF's, I'll list 1 reference from each FF:

FFI: Garland, the main villain in FFIX also shares the name of the main villain from FFI.
FFII: Pandemonium, Garland's castle, was named after the final area in FF2.
FFIII: Moogles are a reference to FFIII seen as this is where they first appeared.
FFIV: One of Freya's best weapons is called "Kain's Lance", this is a reference to Kain from FFIV.
FFV: Gilgamesh is basically a reference to FFV.
FFVI: "Flare-star", Kuja's best attack, is also used by Kefka in FFVI.
FFVII: Zidane's comment on the sword in the Lindblum weapon shop.
FFVIII: Beatrix's weapon, "Save the Queen" was Quistis's best weapon in FF8.

blackstar
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Ok I understand I read it wrong and I did get kind of confused at the end of ff8 so I will admit I was wrong here thanks for correcting me.

And sorry about the spoilers thing.

dappa
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
zidane sees a buster sword in a weapon shop and makes a reference to cloud.

Not clouds name or anything. But its obvious its cloud he's talking about

CiD
01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I think theres hints all over the FF series not that i have looked for them but Gilgamesh and Save the Queen i recongnized.

But theres no FF that are linked together, all individuall story, all different worldmap.

Yggdrasill
01-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Square said FFX and FFVII are connected in someway. In what way I don't know, probably just an excuse to make more spin-offs of FFVII. >_>

Spec Highwind
01-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Every single final fantasy game is connected in some way ;)

jedi geoff
01-27-2007, 04:39 AM
SPOILERS

i reckon..... FF6 has something to do with FF9
heres an idea.

maybe the statues from FF6 are moved again after the end of the game and the face of the world is formed into the world from FF9. (Gaia)
Terra could be the esper world, but it got VERY MESSED up. They named it Terra after (of course) the main character Terra. The guy that made the genomes (cant remember name sorry) maybe destroyed or sucked the power out of the statues to make enough power to:
Wreck Terra
Make Genomes
Remake the face of the world.

thats a crazy idea i thought of :)