PDA

View Full Version : Vanish + Doom

jedi geoff
01-27-2007, 03:29 AM
just wondering, do all you "pro's" out there know about the vanish/doom trick?
its where you cast vanish on a boss then cast Doom on it.
This, uhhh, cheat thing works on almost any boss in the game

Zeromus_X
01-27-2007, 04:51 AM
It was very entertaining the first time I found out about it. Now I never use it unless a boss is extremely irritating to me (Wrexsoul...), though, never use it on Doom Gaze.

jedi geoff
01-27-2007, 05:21 AM
anyone else know bout it?

ThroneofDravaris
01-27-2007, 06:12 AM
I would say a good proportion of the people who have played FFVI already know about this.

Phoenix Flame
01-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I would say a good proportion of the people who have played FFVI already know about this.

Edit: Oh, and fer the record I prefer the vanish + x-zone easy win over doom XD

jedi geoff
01-27-2007, 08:30 PM
okey doke i was just wondering...... :rolleyes:
i discovered it just after defeating the SUPER HARD atma weapon at the end of the world of balance. I mustve tried that boss about a million times. :(

HEY IM VIVI'S MINDER NOW woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dappa
01-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I read it in a cheat book once. Though I never use it apart from on those behemoth like monsters in the world of balance.

Phoenix Flame
01-31-2007, 02:01 AM
okey doke i was just wondering...... :rolleyes:
i discovered it just after defeating the SUPER HARD atma weapon at the end of the world of balance. I mustve tried that boss about a million times. :(

HEY IM VIVI'S MINDER NOW woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What stinkin level were you on?! I didn't realize I was THAT overleveled...every play through, I've always had it easy w/em... X-Fight, Gem box + Ultima = Nuked Atma ;a06 XD

So you've flipped the game yet or what m8?

jedi geoff
01-31-2007, 05:32 AM
always had it easy w/em... X-Fight, Gem box + Ultima = Nuked Atma XD

????????
flipped?
well atma was hard for me..... ;ouc

dappa
01-31-2007, 10:53 AM
That atma boss on the floating continent. I defeated him by casting reflect on my party. And then I had all my party members physically attack him which makes him counter attack with a flare. He ended up destroying himself with his own flare after several turns. lol

Zeromus_X
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
What stinkin level were you on?! I didn't realize I was THAT overleveled...every play through, I've always had it easy w/em... X-Fight, Gem box + Ultima = Nuked Atma ;a06 XD

So you've flipped the game yet or what m8?

I think he's talking about the one on the Floating Continent. You can't have all that overpowered stuff that early in the game. xD

And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Gdr7wwVeU) is how (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URv9w9kT_no) I usually destroy them.

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Still Zero...never had a problem with either of em. <shrugs shoulders>

I guess after finishing 1-5 I'll pick up VI Advanced and have another go at em. :D

jedi geoff
02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
hmm zeromus's video is in japanese (maybe chinese i dont know)
....i am suprised :) :)

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Yesh. He studies Japanese and gets some of his games from Japan. XD

You learn about people once you 'hang out' with them online for a while :p

jedi geoff
02-02-2007, 02:34 AM
oh cool i thought maybe he was japenese for a sec.....
oh well

Phoenix Flame
02-02-2007, 05:42 AM
I actually don't know WHERE on Earth he's from...perhaps he will enlighten us...as post a pic of emself someday. ;)

Zeromus_X
02-03-2007, 12:26 AM
No, I'm just a student. xD I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Haven't I told this to everyone already? :P

And yeah, I couldn't wait for the game any longer, so I played it (though...'legal means') in Japanese. And made all those videos! xD

Heh, maybe someday...;kit

jedi geoff
02-03-2007, 01:05 AM
okey dokey :) ;res