PDA

View Full Version : Character names.

Arkacia
06-04-2005, 05:22 AM
A post I've just done in another thread made me think of asking this.

One of the things I love about this game is the ability to change the names of all the characters. I do change them every game, but always use the same set of new names and now find it hard sometimes to remember their real ones :D.

I was wondering who uses the original names and who changes them, and if you do change do you always use the same set? If so share them :).

My set is....

Cloud - Tarin
Barret - Garron
Tifa - Saria
Aeris - Kari
Red XIII - Neko
Cait Sith - Barnham
Cid - Ranger
Yuffie - Marissa
Vincent - Jamison

Wezzy
06-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Well i don't change their names...and if i do (big IF) then i always have the main character as Wez because that's how i like to spell my name:D

LoKuS
06-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Last time i played i think i changed their names but i didnt remember to wut. Next time i play tho i think ill keep the OG names.

Zerlina
06-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I first played FFVII a few years ago and I kept the original character names (I only got to Corel Prison). So I made a new file and named them...

Cloud- Demetrius
Barret- Oberon
Tifa- Helena
Yuffie- Viola
Aeris- Hermia
Red XIII- Egeus
Vincent- Pyramus
Cait Sith- Puck
Cid- Lysander

If you wonder why Yuffie's name doesn't quite fit, it's because the only name I could think of from there that would fit her was Peaceblossom. But it didn't fit.

Wezzy
06-05-2005, 10:13 AM
What makes me think you like Shakespeare? Helena, Demetrius, Oberon, Lysander, Pyramuis and Puck? they are all charaters from "A Midsummer Nights dream, am i right?

ShadowHeart
06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I always keep the original names :)

alfaitha
06-06-2005, 10:21 AM
I only changed the names twice. When I played my first RPG (Legend of Legaia), and the main character's name in FFT.

Zerlina
06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
What makes me think you like Shakespeare? Helena, Demetrius, Oberon, Lysander, Pyramuis and Puck? they are all charaters from "A Midsummer Nights dream, am i right?

Yep ;) And Viola's from twelfth night.

Wezzy
06-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Cool i am a good guesser :)

johnnylumpkin
06-13-2005, 03:42 PM
This is my set:

Cloud-Adam
Barret-Barret
Tifa-Jeanette
Aeris-Alex
Red 13-Red 13
Cid-Eric
Yuffie-Stacy
Cait Sith-Cait Sith
Vincent-Matt

LoKuS
06-14-2005, 12:49 AM
This is my set:
Vincent-Matt
:D No tim or marin?

goku
06-14-2005, 02:40 PM
you this insane to change its names.I liked the names original.I do not change of way some.

Rain
06-14-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't often change the character's original name. Though sometimes I change them the second time through the game.

KeFkAsNiGhTmArE
07-12-2005, 12:29 AM
my set:

Cloud: Hollywood
Barrett: JohnCoffee
Tifa: tits mcgee
Aeries: Elizabeth
Red: Barkwell
Cid: Willis
Yuffie: Yucky
Vincient: RicoSuave
Cait Sith: Huggies

FFnut
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Anyone finding the game boring? I've got some name-related fun for you. Try renaming everyone the following:

Cloud: Tifa
Barret: Cloud
Tifa: Aeris
Aeris: Cait Sith
Red XIII: Vincent
Cait Sith: Yuffie
Vincent: Cid
Cid: Barret
Yuffie: Red XIII

ShadowHeart
07-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Naming them like that is just asking for a lot of confusion :D

Wezzy
07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
i agree lol

DarkCloud
07-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Well if your after confusion, try doin this, although its hurts the brain, its absolutley hilarious: Call EVERY character 'Sephiroth', i assure you, if you only play the game to the point of Actually going AFTER Sephiroth, his name will get mentioned alot and its just basically funny. i havnt played all the way through like this though. i suggest giving it a shot for a good laugh.

ShadowHeart
07-16-2005, 08:32 AM
I've actually thought about doing that just for laughs once :p

Zeromus_X
08-07-2005, 02:02 AM
i like naming them characters from my favorite animes. like this:
Cloud-Spike
Barret- Jet
Tifa- Faye
Aeris-Julia
Red-Ein
Yuffie-Judy
Vincent-Edward
Cait Sith- Punch

Xartex
08-19-2005, 08:12 AM
I'v only changed the name of one character ever, that was Red XIII, I changed it to his real name the second tima I played, Nanaki

Luis
08-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I never changed their names...I liked the way they were, and my brothet also changed only the name of Red XIII for Nanaki, the second time he played.

Max the Man
08-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I didn't really do anything with their names... I changed Aeris's name once to Eris, cause I felt like it (which in retrospect is kind of an oxymoron)

Spiff
08-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Sometimes I give them names of people I know either nicknames or thier real names and have them go on an adventure.

FFnut
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
I never changed their names...I liked the way they were, and my brothet also changed only the name of Red XIII for Nanaki, the second time he played.

If that happens, when your characters get to Cosmo Canyon, they're effectively learning that Nanaki's name is Nanaki. Pretty funny if you ask me.

ShadowHeart
08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Yeah.

Cloud: "Who's Nanaki?"

Hellooo, you've been calling him Nanaki the whole game so far! :)

Spiff
08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Maybe that takes a specific sense of humor, but I don't find that funny. More a little stupid, but that's me.

Ac][d-FyrE
08-28-2005, 12:26 AM
ive neva changed the names, n if i ever did, n ive seen ma m8s which have it loses the experience n enjoyment of the names so i go wiv da OGz :D

Lionheart250
08-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Well I'm not a mind but i dont change names beside this one game, and I'm going to make a new game and this is going to be the set
Cloud-Omnicloud
Barret-Crossarm
Tifa-Fay
Aeris-Rien ``pronounced rain'
Red XIII-Nanaki
Cid-Trustole
Vincent-Gigas
Yuffie-Yuffigal
Cait Sith-Freak

Well I do like all the names besides Rein, well thats it
And i havent done this game yet, but only once I changed only Cait Sith's name to MoogleCat!?!?!!?!? pesh......

I like Omnicloud
its a cool name for cloud, its supposed to be trance for cloud, oh, yeah this is my second set
Cloud-Tetrascore
Barret-Devickz
Tifa-Fei
Aeris-Bondie
Yuffie-Yuffigal
Vincent-Enhergiez
Cid-Devaqltz
Red XIII-Firehole
Cait Sith-Kittykitkat

And my third set
Cloud-Bombing
Barret-Firecore
Aeris-Rei
Tifa-Fei
Yuffie-Yei
Cait Sith-Mogertanev(Moggerthanever)
Vincent-Wheelgone
Cid-Yekipiloat(Yucky Pilot)
Red XIII-Firedoggy

Seriously, I'm going to be glad naming Yuffie and Aeris and TIfa the Ei Girls, and I'm also going to be glad that I have a Firegdoggy!!!!!! :D

Lionheart250
09-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I'v only changed the name of one character ever, that was Red XIII, I changed it to his real name the second tima I played, Nanaki
I've never ever had Red XIII's name Red XIII, I always named him Nanaki, and its also funny when you find COsmo Canyon, because the guy in the front he'll originally say, Red XIII is Nanaki, but he'll say Nanaki is Nanaki, when you name him Nanaki.
I'm saying Nanaki too much huh.

ShadowHeart
09-04-2005, 08:54 AM
You named him Nanaki on your first time too? How did you even know about it then? :)

Totorosama
09-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Interesting (The one above). I usually keep their names the way they are, although I do make variations. For example Cloud was once "CloudBill," Eiko accidentally became "Eik," and so on. Also, I changed Dagger into Alexia (She is from Alexandria...) when you had to give her an undercover name.

Jaxom
09-21-2005, 06:29 AM
i don not chage the names as i enjoy their original names

Midnight Angel
09-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey I usually don't rename characters the first time through the second or third time I will I remember I called everyone Anita once even the guys lol (My names Anita) it was funny cause my sister came in when I was playing and I was switching characters over in the party and she was like "Am I seeing things or are those characters all named Anita" I was like "They're all named Anita even the guys" lol it was funny but I didn't play that game for long.

Yes I've done the naming everybody Sephiroth as well except I made one have all capital letters another had all little letters, one had a capital at the beginning and so one I think one was even spelt out to be Sephiroth with symbols.

Zeromus_X
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
ive considered naming them all after bleach characters. (ive also noticed alot of anime characters have spiky hair and big swords...)

cloud- ichigo
aerith- rukia
tifa-orihime
red XIII- mr. yoruichi (would that fit?)
barret- chad
vincent- uryu
cait sith- yuichi
yuffie- that one dynamite girl...i forgot her name...

or perhaps rave master (another spiky haired, giant sword wielding main character)

cloud-haru
aerith- that one lady that dies..( :D )
tifa- elie
vincent- musicaa
barret- not sure
red XIII- that dragon dude...
cait sith- plue
yuffie- not sure\

havent read rave master in a while, but i think america has up to 16 volumes so far...youd have to torture me to watch the dub. (no blood, swearing, horrible voices and bad theme song? sorry, no thanks.)

Avathar
12-04-2005, 06:00 PM
reminds me of FF9:

Vivi-Pointy
Steiner-Rusty
Freya-Ratchel
Eiko-Brat
Amarant-Red

And with Garnet, she grabs a dagger, she asks what's this called. Zidane says that's a dagger. Garnet goes mmnn, dagger, huh? (type sarah) Garnet says Zidane, how about you call me Sarah? :D

neokiller
12-05-2005, 03:31 AM
I Dont Like Changing Their Name Cause Wn Researching I Get Confused About Who Is Who

Phoenix Flame
12-06-2005, 12:08 AM
***SPOILERS****

The only characters I've changed are those who's names you find out later.
ie Red XIII - Nanaki
Cait Sith - Reeves
Cloud to Clone # 69 :) J/K! :p

Black Mage
12-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I just change Cloud's name to my real name and then leave everyelse the same...unless I want to have some fun then i'll change their names to something funny lol.

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 03:57 AM
I just change Cloud's name to my real name and then leave everyelse the same...unless I want to have some fun then i'll change their names to something funny lol.

I did that too BM, but with a twist.
Ex.> My name is John, so I would name him Juanito. Just something a little comical to josh it up a little. But I usually just left him as Cloud, or Cloud S.

Spirit
06-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I don't change thieir name, their name alone sounds cool.

richboywonder
06-28-2006, 01:36 AM
why would you want to change your chracters name.it's cool as it is.

Spec Highwind
06-28-2006, 08:48 AM
The 1st time, I left their names as they were...

2nd time, just changed Red's name to NANAKI (it was crappy, all in Caps...)

3rd time (current):

Cloud - Spec
Barret - ac_4
Tifa - Marinha
Aeris - Loirinha
Red XII - Tozão
Caith Sith - Viseu
Cid - Peste
Vincent - Rafa
Yuffie - Mary

OK... forget it... almost all names are in portuguese

ChocoboMan
06-29-2006, 01:16 AM
I always keep the original name doesnt matter what game im playing

Silver Fox
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM
The first time I played the game I changed there names but I never did again after that becuase I thought it was stupid to change them.

Cloud-Keiro
Aeris-Syreana
Tifa-Lauria
Barret-Drobe
Red XIII-Red (I remember that I couldn't think of a name for him so I just called him red)
Vincent-Lei (pronounced Lee)
Cait Sith- Fortch
Yuffie- Keisidy
Cid- Sid (original huh?)

Avathar
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Cloud - Sephiroth
Aeris - Sephiroth
Tifa - Sephiroth
Barret - Sephiroth
Red XIII - Sephiroth
Vincent - Sephiroth
Cait Sith - Sephiroth
Yuffie - Sephiroth
Cid- Sephiroth

xD Fun assured!

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-12-2006, 12:09 AM
What??????

Griever
07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
For the most part i just leave their names default.

Kat
07-15-2006, 02:59 AM
i never chaange the names i guess so i know them...

dappa
11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
I only change clouds name to Ian which is my real name.

I leave the other characters names as they are.

I used to know this guy years ago who used to call

Cloud - Voodrich
Tifa - Jadefox

Plus he had a load of funny other names for the rest of the characters which I cant remember right now, they are all from tv shows or films.

Tiny Bronco
11-27-2006, 09:11 PM
You all have such interesting name decisions.
I'd like to point out FFnut's post on the bottom of page 1. :D :P

For me I keep them all the same accept Red XIII becomes either Bongo or Nanikia.
A question: Where does it say that Cloud is actually Cloud? When you first get to rename him his default is Ex-Soilder. But everyone somehow knows him as Cloud! :confused:

Phoenix Flame
11-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. I'm guessing right at the beginning of the game...

Blaze
11-28-2006, 11:36 AM
I keep the orginal names

dappa
11-28-2006, 02:57 PM
You all have such interesting name decisions.
I'd like to point out FFnut's post on the bottom of page 1. :D :P

For me I keep them all the same accept Red XIII becomes either Bongo or Nanikia.
A question: Where does it say that Cloud is actually Cloud? When you first get to rename him his default is Ex-Soilder. But everyone somehow knows him as Cloud! :confused:

When I first get to name cloud I have never seen the name ex soldier its always been cloud by default.

In the instruction manual it says cloud, ex soldier.

Spec Highwind
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
The first time I played, I named Red XIII Nanaki, too.

Cloud101
11-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Same here, it's only right!

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
So to others Clouds default name is Cloud?

In my game they hop off the train and Cloud fights the 2 guards then runs through some streets. He stops at a door which jessie is trying to open. While Jessie is opening the door Wedge introduces himself to Cloud saying "I'm Wedge. I didn't catch your name." Cloud then replies "Listen I don't care what your name is because once this jobs over I'm outta here." Then the Naming screen pops up and the Default for my game is always Ex-Soilder. To check I started a new game and played for like 5 minutes until I got to that part and sure enoff Cloud's default for me is Ex-Soilder.
And in my game manual it does say Cloud.
Whats going on?

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2006, 10:56 AM
...hmm. Interesting.

dappa
12-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah thats right you now I was using my information for my earlier post from the manual