PDA

View Full Version : Five day countdown

Zeromus_X
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
So let's count down the days until Final Fantasy VI Advance's North American release.

No spamming, mind you.

Hydra
01-31-2007, 11:37 PM
It's almost here already?

Wow. =O I wasn't keeping track until now.

Five days to save up some money then. =D

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2007, 03:56 AM
Yeaaaa!!! I'm so excited I think I'm gonna pee my pants!!! J/K XD

Just as when I found out about it, I'm going to say that 'I've beaten that one enough times, I think I'll finish 1-5 before I buy VI.' :cool:

jedi geoff
02-01-2007, 06:41 AM
whats this all bout?
is FF6 bring released in america on GBA?

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Yesh... a long anticipated 're-release' of the original FFVI.

Dubbed ADVANCE no doubt because of GBA, and the additional stuff they'll have in it.

jedi geoff
02-02-2007, 02:42 AM
NICE ;res
but what about australia???? ;ouc

Phoenix Flame
02-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure...that's Arkacia's country/field of expertise =D

ThroneofDravaris
02-02-2007, 06:00 AM
If it's anything like FFIVA or FFVA, 4+ months after the American release.

Spec Highwind
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Hum... Number of players 1-2.

How?

Catalyst
02-02-2007, 10:38 AM
It's probably going to have some sort of co-op gameplay. I believe the upcoming Crystal Chronicles title for the Nintendo DS will have the same sort of thing via Wi-Fi.

It doesn't really make sense to me. Some of the re-releases are on the Advance, some are on the DS, then another one's on the Advance and so on. Let me see here...

Primary: Gameboy Advance Titles
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - a new version of Final Fantasy Tactics with a different storyline and many different features and additions.
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (Remake of Final Fantasy Origins on the Playstation)
Final Fantasy V Advance - Remake of Final Fantasy V (Origins on Playstation which is also a remake)
Final Fantasy VI Advance - Remake of Final Fantasy III (SNES), Remake of Final Fantasy VI (Playstation)

Primary: Nintendo DS Titles

Final Fantasy III (Remake of Final Fantasy I..?)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Weekly Famitsu dishes out the details on Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings; producer says DS game is not a sequel, is aimed at new audience.

Yggdrasill
02-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll be importing it since I live in Europe.
I'm getting it for £20 from Videogamesplus.ca. =D

Zeromus_X
02-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Hm...maybe two players can link up to do co-op? It wouldn't be too appealing, as compared to the original. Though, I don't even know how that would work anyway.

It doesn't really make sense to me. Some of the re-releases are on the Advance, some are on the DS, then another one's on the Advance and so on. Let me see here...

It's just what systems they wanted the games on and felt they would best work with. The FFI/II/IV/V/VI 'Advance' ports were all announced rather close to eachother, and heralded as 'Finest Fantasy for Advance'. FFIII got the special treatment, since it was the only game not ported due to delays and other issues. It got a full-blown remake on the DS (it isn't a remake of FFI, they're two different games).

Revenant Wings is a sequel/spin-off to FFXII though, and not really a port, and was announced awhile ago.

Three more days...

jedi geoff
02-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Hm...maybe two players can link up to do co-op? It wouldn't be too appealing, as compared to the original. Though, I don't even know how that would work anyway.

I KNOW HOW IT WOULD WORK!!!!!

i tihnk

if you go to config in FF6 (on the snes version i know at least) there is a thing that says

controller: single OR multiple

maybe its like like FF9 how you play 2 player during battles...

dappa
02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I bet in england well have to wait months for it to come out like every other game that comes out over here.

Cloud101
02-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey, um how much will it cost, I've been saving up some money for some thing like this, and I still haven't played it yet, so I expect great things...

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 01:00 AM
$34.99 seems like an average retail price.

Just got to Figaro Castle right now. Quite a bit of Woolsey's script is still kept intact, possibly so people don't complain about a new translation any more then they already have. Some things are changed, for example, "Son of a submariner!" is now "Son of a sandworm!". Names like Terra, Sabin, Locke, etc etc. are still in the game. Relic, Blitz, and so on. Spell and item names are now properly dubbed (Three Stars instead of Economizer, Main Gauche instead of Guardian, Thunder instead of Bolt, etc.). All in all, a very pleasing translation.

Or, one of my favorites...

"Our king showers his attention on women. Young, old, pretty, or plain...No one is safe!"

X to the D.

ThroneofDravaris
02-07-2007, 05:00 AM
Now with less violence towards women and more tentacle rape.

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I trust Kefka's loud, annoying laugh is still there? XD
"Son of a submariner!" is now "Son of a sandworm!"
......Now that line has just gone as far from making sense as possible, "Son of a sandworm" WTH? =P

Hydra
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM

......Now that line has just gone as far from making sense as possible, "Son of a sandworm" WTH? =P

It had better be. XD

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
It had better be. XD
They mucked it up pretty bad in the Playstation version, it sounded way to muffled compared to the SNES version. =P

Hydra
02-07-2007, 06:35 PM
The PS ports weren't all that spectacular.

The GBA one, on the other hand, looks great. And my DS can play it too. =D

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I've read FFVI's GBA port is pretty horrible, is that claim true?
If it's on the same level as the FFIV GBA port I'm not all that bothered, FFIV's port was good.

Hydra
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
You can't really believe what you read until you try it. So, we'll see soon enough either way. =D

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm Importing it on Friday anyway, so I should receive it sometime next week. =D
I can't wait to play FFVI again, it'll bring back some memories.

Spec Highwind
02-07-2007, 07:22 PM
"Son of a submariner!" is now "Son of a sandworm!".

What about "Welcome to my Barbecue"?

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
My favourite line: "Ugh, you all sound like pages from a self-help booklet!" had better not have been changed. >_>
That's the only thing I hate about ports/remakes; a lot of text is changed.

Spec Highwind
02-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I hope they haven't changed any of those lines in the end of the game...

Zeromus_X
02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Now with less violence towards women and more tentacle rape.

Haha, yes, that was a bit amusing.

What about "Welcome to my Barbecue"?

Yes, that's still in there. Most of the lines from the Woolsey translation are there. If it weren't for properly dubbed item and spell names and grammar fixes, you probably wouldn't even be able to tell apart the script from the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X

Of course it is! :) And it sounds just as good as the SNES version.

In the original English script, Kefka called Edgar a son of a submariner as the latter word that starts with a 'b' (I'll leave it up to you to figure out which one it is) wouldn't fly, and Figaro Castle can submerge. Edgar is the king of Figaro Castle. Therefore, he would be a submariner.

Sandworm refers to sandworms in a desert, naturally. Also remember that sandworms busted into Figaro Castle while it was submerged later in the game to let the thieves and their leader 'Gerad' escape.

Anyway, don't let any of the changes stop you from playing the game. It'd be silly to ignore it just because of a relocalization, changed (proper) names are to be expected. The translators were generous enough to even preserve many of the lines from Woolsey's script and his names anyway.

jedi geoff
02-08-2007, 03:28 AM
rereleasing FF9 would be good, i want to play it so MUCH!!!!!!!!

or maybe instead of re releasing there will be a muck up in the mail and ill get a free copy!!!!!! :D

LoKuS
02-19-2007, 03:17 AM
just starting it now. eh, the memories. :)

mrx619
02-19-2007, 05:54 PM
i wonder why the europeon releases of games nowadays is always soooo much later in europe?

Yggdrasill
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I've finally got it now, Imported it.
The game is brilliant so far, theres quite a bit of lag here and there but it's worked fine so far.