PDA

View Full Version : Other/More forum skins?

Yggdrasill
02-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I was just wondering is there or are there ever going to be any other forum skins?
The reason I ask this is because looking at the same skin for ages can get a bit boring after a while. I'm not asking for about 10+ skins but maybe just a lighter skin than black/dark brown, they aren't that hard to install either, they only take 5-10 mins.

You can get some from: "http://www.sixteenohnine.com/" the free versions have a little copyright at the bottom of them which isn't really worth paying $25 to get rid of.

Seyluv
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I want the same thing, I'm kinda sick of this one.

Here are some better ones.

http://www.forumer.com/phpbbdemo/

Arkacia
02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
This is a question only Shaggy can answer.

A choice of skins is a nice idea, but is fiddly to do. Have a vb3 site myself, and it has a choice of 3 skins. Took me days to get them all in and working right. Not to mention making logos for each one, and I'm still playing with markers. For here, maybe a choice between this one and the vb3 default will do?

Anyway, it will be up to the boss to decide.

Yggdrasill
02-03-2007, 05:59 PM
For here, maybe a choice between this one and the vb3 default will do?
Yeah, that'd be great, I've heard reading white-coloured text on a black-coloured background gives most people a headache sometimes, now I know it's true. =P

Anyway, it will be up to the boss to decide.
I hope when he logs on and answers he gives a positive one. :)

Seyluv
02-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Here is one more great site, Don't anyone pick Flowers_oof_evil, I getting that one.

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2007, 02:31 AM
I prefer this one...

Tiny Bronco
02-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm happy with this one too. Easy to read the print and it doesn't make your eyes sore after looking at it for a while.

Hydra
02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey Ark, in the CP, when looking at a members info, isn't there a way to change the skin? It's not exactly a closet full of skins, but it's something.

Edit: I'm talking about the "style". Does that relate to the skin of the forum?

Luis
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I personally like this one too... but some more suggestions will be welcome. :)

Yggdrasill
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
You guys do know vBulletin allows the use of multiple skins, right?
If another skin is made then an option will appear in "edit options" allowing you to pick which skin you want. ;)

Hydra
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
You guys do know vBulletin allows the use of multiple skins, right?
If another skin is made then an option will appear in "edit options" allowing you to pick which skin you want. ;)
It's in the Mod/Admin CP, but I can't do a thing about it, since I'm a regular Moderator. =P

Which is why I asked Ark. XD

Arkacia
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Ark, in the CP, when looking at a members info, isn't there a way to change the skin? It's not exactly a closet full of skins, but it's something.

Edit: I'm talking about the "style". Does that relate to the skin of the forum?

Yes, but at the moment, this forum's setting are set to over-ride user choice. So even if a user did try to set another skin, it wouldn't work.