PDA

View Full Version : Radiata Stories

Griever
02-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Has anyone ever played this or ever even heard of it?

For those of you that haven't, The main character is a 16 year kid named Jack Russell, who wants to join the royal radiata knights to follow in the footsteps of his father, Cairn Russell, who was a famous radiata knight as well as a dragon slayer.

This game does away with the traditional active time battle and instead incorporates real time battle. It has a 255 level max on characters and over 175 characters that you can convince to join your party. It was made by Square enix and Tri-ace. I hear it's sort of like star ocean but iv'e never played it so i wouldn't know.

For those of you that have played it, i am curious to know your thoughts.

Hydra
02-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Has anyone ever played this or ever even heard of it?

For those of you that haven't, The main character is a 16 year kid named Jack Russell, who wants to join the royal radiata knights to follow in the footsteps of his father, Cairn Russell, who was a famous radiata knight as well as a dragon slayer.

This game does away with the traditional active time battle and instead incorporates real time battle. It has a 255 level max on characters and over 175 characters that you can convince to join your party. It was made by Square enix and Tri-ace. I hear it's sort of like star ocean but iv'e never played it so i wouldn't know.

For those of you that have played it, i am curious to know your thoughts.
Yeah, only Star Ocean is good. ^__^

I stopped after you make that "decision" in the game, to be a human. XD

Griever
02-18-2007, 04:08 AM
I've beaten it on both sides, i just want to figure out how to get all the characters and i wanna hit max level too. But unfortunatly i can't find an online guide without having to pay for it.

Oh well, maybe i will just got buy it. You should really finish it.

Hydra
02-18-2007, 04:11 AM
I've beaten it on both sides, i just want to figure out how to get all the characters and i wanna hit max level too. But unfortunatly i can't find an online guide without having to pay for it.

Oh well, maybe i will just got buy it. You should really finish it.
I really got annoyed with it after picking human. I finished it on the other side though.

Griever
02-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah i agree, the nonhuman side was alot better. But i just wanted to beat it both ways just for the sake of doing it.

Seyluv
02-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I want that gamwe bad, and I will get it once I get my Dbsk free poster, My M.C The Max Poster, and my two M.C The Max Cds.

Catalyst
02-18-2007, 05:35 AM
I think I have it (It'd be at my mom's place...) yeah I'm pretty sure I do. It's just committment for me to stay in a game that's fairly long.

Zeromus_X
02-18-2007, 05:52 AM
The maximum level in Radiata Stories is 99.

Anyway, I really liked this game, which is usual of tri-Ace's games. Besides being a very unconventional RPG, the game was also very humorous, and poked fun at RPG cliches. Besides that, it has the standard tri-Ace 'real time battle system with extreme replay value', so I can't really complain about it.

I played it once on the Human path. I missed out on one of the members of Theatre Vancoor (I think it was the one with the drinking problem, I think the one that is Jack's captain?), so I couldn't get Elwen, the epitome of awesomeness. Still, I got Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile cameo omg.) and Kain (mega healer), and I was happy with that. Maybe someday I'll finish the new game I did and try out the Non-Human path, which I hear is more difficult than the Human path. And hopefully a main character doesn't die in that one...

jedi geoff
02-18-2007, 06:09 AM
wat console is it on?

Zeromus_X
02-18-2007, 03:03 PM
PlayStation 2.

Griever
02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
The maximum level in Radiata Stories is 99.

Anyway, I really liked this game, which is usual of tri-Ace's games. Besides being a very unconventional RPG, the game was also very humorous, and poked fun at RPG cliches. Besides that, it has the standard tri-Ace 'real time battle system with extreme replay value', so I can't really complain about it.

I played it once on the Human path. I missed out on one of the members of Theatre Vancoor (I think it was the one with the drinking problem, I think the one that is Jack's captain?), so I couldn't get Elwen, the epitome of awesomeness. Still, I got Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile cameo omg.) and Kain (mega healer), and I was happy with that. Maybe someday I'll finish the new game I did and try out the Non-Human path, which I hear is more difficult than the Human path. And hopefully a main character doesn't die in that one...

Oh i thought it was 255 for level max that's what i heard.

And i disagree that the nonhuman side is more difficult, i actually had a tougher time with the human side.

Zeromus_X
02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
The level max is 255 in the Star Ocean games, so that's probably where you got it from?

Is it? Well, this is just from what I've heard. I'll admit that after I got Kain there really wasn't much more challenge (except Ethereal Queen, of course) due to his uber-healing.

Griever
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
The whole thing about the non human side being easier is just my opinion.

I was lower level the first time i played through and i chose to side with the non humans and i had a cake walk after i got some more party members.
The light elves are strong and come in handy in boss fights.

As for the human side, i was higher level and still beat it fairly easily, however i had a little bit of difficulty at certain parts than i ever had in the other scenario.

I never got kain...i'm still trying to play through to get as many characters as i can. And this queen i keep hearing about, i have not found that yet, and i still have many things to unlock in the game i'm assuming.

Zeromus_X
02-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Ah, well the Queen is pretty much the standard tri-Ace superboss. She's in almost every tri-Ace game.

As for where she is, she's in the bonus dungeon of the game, which I believe opens up after you create a clear game save when you beat the game for the first time (it's been awhile though, I don't remember having to do anything to unlock it besides that). You should definitely give it a shot sometime, as tri-Ace games just aren't complete without their bonus dungeons. :p

Also, is Gil powerful? I haven't really seen him in action too much, besides the one time you fight him on the human path.

Griever
02-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Yes gil is a really good addition to your frontline party, and leveling him doesn't hurt one bit ;)

JJ the green orc is good too.

Can you fill me in on how to recruit kain? And possibly some other characters?

Also i hear on the nonhuman side you can also recruit ganz's father (I forget how to spell his name) that mohawk guy you fight in the human path.

You get to use him for a bit but i heard you can get him to join your friend's list.

Zeromus_X
02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, for Kain and other super-characters like Elwen, you have to recruit all of the characters for their Guilds. For example, to recruit Kain, you have to recruit all of the other members of the Olacion Order (except Rocky). For Elwen, you have to recruit all the members of Theatre Vancoor. Same thing for the mage guild (I forgot his name), and for Nyx of the thief guild, you have to recruit all the other leaders of the other three guilds (essentially having you recruit every member of the other three guilds).

Naturally this can get confusing, and I even missed some of the Theatre Vancoor members, so I'd use a guide if you want to recruit all these characters.

Hm, I'm not sure. That sounds like fighting with Dylas, he joins your friends list if you fight the Wind Dragon with three party members, and joins you for that battle, but you never get to fight with him again. But I'm not sure.

Griever
02-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah i guess i need to get a guide for all that. I have most of the vancoor members but i can't seem to get jarvis. And i can't get Dennis or David either. Or Alicia for that matter. I can't get David because i can't find that girl named Mint that he wants you to deliver the letter to.

I even got the guy that runs the front desk (Thanos)

As for the priest guild, i have Clive, Miranda, Cosmo and a few others but that's about it. I have a few from the magic institute also. And i have 3 from the bandits guild (Elmo, Alba, And Flau) I still can't figure out how to get Rynka but i want her bad >.<

And i know for a fact you can permantly get Ganz's dad. He just runs off with Ridley when she goes to 'the end of the world' and after that point you can't use him.