PDA

View Full Version : What genre of metal (no metal hateing please)

blackstar
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok metal heads time to stand up. ;gui What genre of metal do you prefer to listen to? I myself prefer black metal Dimmu-Bogir, Mayhem, stuff like that I enjoy the seriousness of it and im somewhat of an occultist myself so some of that appeals to me. So enough about me whats your choice?

Slider
02-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Cool thread!
But it's REALLY hard to pick a favourite especially since i listen to most of these types of music
but i pick xtreme

ShadowHeart
02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
A little bit of most, but mostly classic (if you can call it that? :p) and power (but not all of that, mostly the heavier kind..).

Seyluv
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Death Metal is the best!!!

Kat
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
this was an extremely hard choice -_-"
because i love all metal,lol.
but i chose Classic,Black Sabbath is one of my all time favorites ^-^

blackstar
02-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Cool thread!
But it's REALLY hard to pick a favourite especially since i listen to most of these types of music
but i pick xtreme
I agree it is hard because i listen to at least one band from all of these types.

Hydra
02-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Classic for me. =P

And I don't see any "Underoath" examples there. XD

Avathar
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, lately I've revived my love for the hardcore and metalcore music, bands like:

Every Time I Die, Misery Signals, Parkway Drive, The Blood Brothers, Comeback Kid, Norma Jean, He Is Legend.

<3

blackstar
02-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Classic for me. =P

And I don't see any "Underoath" examples there. XD
I used bands i am a fan of, and i do like underoath but i did not think of them when i typed this.

Spec Highwind
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Huh... Symphonic Metal (Therion, Hyubris)

but well... if I only have those choices, I'll go for Doom Metal

Slider
02-26-2007, 06:19 PM
o'yea! i forgot i like that too!
good choice :)

blackstar
02-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Doom is a genre ive only recently really got into thats why i only have one example.

Right now metal wise im realy big into Dir en grey.

SunshineyKailiana
02-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Right now, I'm really into black metal, Mayhem is my main one... as of now, but I like all kinds of metal...

Keelus Mclain II
02-28-2007, 09:22 PM
where are the good hardcore/experimental bands?

the number 12 looks like you
circa survive
vanna
animosity :)
underoath

i dont pick any of those. But I do like some hardcore

Avathar
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
where are the good hardcore/experimental bands?

the number 12 looks like you
circa survive
vanna
animosity :)
underoath

i dont pick any of those. But I do like some hardcore

Experimental Hardcore?

Do you like

The Blood Brothers

? <3

Catalyst
03-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay I'm not a huge metal know-it-all, but you're the first person to say that KoRn is a metal band.

I'm into a variety of bands, but I picked black metal - that's what I started with. The bands I listen to overall metal-wise are: Dimmu Borgir
It Dies Today
As I Lay Dying
Emperor
I'll put Slipknot in this list, but it's more of a "to what they think since they're classified differently to everyone"
Satyricon (some of their stuff, Fuel For Hatred and Angstridden mostly)
Lamb of God
Strapping Young Lad
Children of Bodom
Trivium (a bit)
and a friend of mine just got me into Tristania

ShadowHeart
03-04-2007, 08:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korn

Korn (sometimes typeset as "KoЯn" to fit the official logo) is an alternative metal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_metal) band from Bakersfield, California.

They are often credited with popularizing the nu metal genre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal) and, along with other bands of the time, inspiring many of nu metal, alternative metal and rap metal bands through the mid-1990s and early 2000s. Despite this, Korn have been quoted for disliking the term and disliking even being called "metal."

Not that I listen to Korn (the little I've heard sounds fairly good though), but just to show you that it is easy to find references calling Korn metal.

Slider
03-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't listen to them, they're not bad but they're terrible on stage (You can be sure of that);)

As for their most common genre is Nu metal, followed by alternative and maybe some punk metal in some songs too!

Avathar
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't listen to them, they're not bad but they're terrible on stage (You can be sure of that);)

As for their most common genre is Nu metal, followed by alternative and maybe some punk metal in some songs too!

I'd call them rapmetal, for, the first album of theirs I've heard was Follow The Leader. And most of their songs following that record just are very Nu-Metal (which by now you could completely determine if a song is Nu or not! (wether the guys hate the term or not). And KoRn and Deftones simply are the two main bands that made that genre of alternative metal more popular!

And yes, they were quite dreadfully awful live. :p Kinda expected, though. I still really enjoy some of their work! (Life Is Peachy and all of that)