PDA

View Full Version : Where you expecting......... (spoilers)

dappa
03-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Tidus himself to be an enemy that yuna and co would actually have to fight in the farplane abyss?

With the aeons being consummed with shuyins darkness and attacking yuna and co I was expecting that because Tidus is closely linked to the aeons that he himself would've been controlled by the darkness of shuyin.

But the plot never went that way.

Was anyone else expecting the plot to be like this as the game went on?

Kat
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
....uh what?
did i miss something when i played the game?
or are you talking about the Den of Woe?

Hydra
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
He's talking about...

"What if you didn't fight Shuyin as a final boss? You faught a possessed Tidus?"

Like, y'know, Shuyin's love for Lenne overcame Tidus's love for Yuna, and he got possessed, and had to fight Yuna for Lennes soul.

Or, meh, something like that.

I was expecting the fight from Shuyin. Definately. Especially after knowing Lenne's spirit was inside of Yuna.

Kat
03-09-2007, 12:11 AM
He's talking about...

"What if you didn't fight Shuyin as a final boss? You faught a possessed Tidus?"

Like, y'know, Shuyin's love for Lenne overcame Tidus's love for Yuna, and he got possessed, and had to fight Yuna for Lennes soul.

Or, meh, something like that.

I was expecting the fight from Shuyin. Definately. Especially after knowing Lenne's spirit was inside of Yuna.ooooh thanx for breakin it down to the simple wordzez ^_^;
any wayz

w0rd.

Phoenix Flame
03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
More like Lenne's spirit was in the dressphere...

I expected Shuyin teh whole timez... :p

Hydra
03-09-2007, 02:06 AM
More like Lenne's spirit was in the dressphere...

I expected Shuyin teh whole timez... :p
I was making a dir...funny joke.

So, shursh.

^__^

Shuyin was a pushover though. ;_;

Phoenix Flame
03-09-2007, 05:07 AM
:rolleyes: Arent MOST bosses in FF??? Why can't teh last boss be as 1337 as Penance?

dappa
03-09-2007, 07:46 PM
You now something that would be cool to have a final boss as powerful as penance.

Its weird we have all these bosses in the later final fantasies which are more stronger than the final boss.

As for the thread subject I was expecting shuyin at the end of the game but was also thinking there could be a tidus controlled by shuyins evil the same way as the aeons were being controlled by shuyin.

Seing as I finished off shuyin in a few hits I find it laughable that he could of destroyed spira.

Phoenix Flame
03-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Yup... Shuyin BLEW BIG TIME!

Now if there would have been an evil Auron at the end... :rolleyes:

dappa
03-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Ok heres another one for you.

Tidus exists because of the dream of the fayth. Ok then tidus's zanakand is in the dream of the fayth.

Shuyin lived in the real zanarkand. Could tidus be a dream version of a real blitzball player called shuyin? They both have the same appearance and shuyin does fight using tidus's overdirves.

Hydra
03-12-2007, 07:11 PM
I could see a TRUE final boss like that.

But a story line boss, no.

After all, it's a STORY line boss. Imagine the little children, emotionally scarred, being OWNED by two attacks from a storyline boss. Story line bosses are supposed to be beatable by not a whole array of work.

So, yeah, if it was hidden, but a TRUE ending followed it, I could see it happening. =D

dappa
03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
It would be funny though if you got owned by a strory line boss, for a start trema kicked ass yet the most strongest machina in the world could be defeated by a few hits. lol

Doctor
03-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Heh...Honestly, when i first saw Shuyin, I thought he really was Tidus. And i thought the whole Yuna in a cute songstress dessphere was just a cute extra girly thing. XDDD

I was sorely disappointed. >> But I still think the storyline turned out well.

Hydra
03-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Heh...Honestly, when i first saw Shuyin, I thought he really was Tidus. And i thought the whole Yuna in a cute songstress dessphere was just a cute extra girly thing. XDDD

I was sorely disappointed. >> But I still think the storyline turned out well.
XD XD

I wanted Tidus as a final boss.

And, y'know, Auron would protect him. It was part of his job before being sent. And you can hear him calling out for you to defeat Vegnagun when you fight him. I'd be interested if you had to fight Auron, then a very hard to defeat Tidus at the end.

Vegnagun could be an uber secret boss. XD XD

So many loose ideas.

forever yours
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
i wouldn't want to fight tidus........

dappa
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I suppose in a way you are fighting him. look the same, fight with the same overdrives only difference is tidus aint a wimp.

dappa
10-02-2007, 05:18 AM
llets revive this one

life 3 on thread

Shinra Soldier 1
10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Blech how can you guys talk about FFX-2, it's a horrible game that gives me various diseases and ailments I can't even describe. Example of how the game goes from the start: Ooh wow I'm playing a bunch of sidequests for hours oh is that tidus? Oh well, back to sidequests 70 hours later without warning- OMG VEGANAGUN, I KILLED HIM ...END of game. TERRIBLE. Didn't even know what was going on in the game until the end I was like ooh thank god, now I can stop stabbing myself.

dappa
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
come on shinra soldier i no you dont love this game that much but would you of rather faught a possesed tidus or that wimp shuyin and his toy vegnagun?

Peridot Fayth
01-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I think I would have struggled to have killed him if he was Tidus. I found myself getting totally emotionally involved with the game (ffx and ffx-2) and killing Tidus would just be too much unless I knew it was going to be a good outcome!

dappa
01-24-2008, 06:21 AM
I dont think killing him was in my idea for this thread but having him as a final boss and getting a pasting from your party and losing to you would remove shuyins control over him and bring him back to his senses.

Phoenix Flame
01-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I didn't like the 100% completion....or the completion mode at ALL. It made the game feel like it was made for a pre-teen. =P

YAYOMG I got 75% complete at end game! ==D Who cares?! Gimme a boss to own! XD

Seriously though, Tidus disappearing, fighting the Fayth, Vegnagun, Shuyin....Square could have handled the ending of these games much better IMO. I don't think I'll ever pick up X-2 again - but X was just GREAT.

Quizastotl
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
What? Tidus had nothing to do with it! He just looked like him, most people in that everlasting Zanarkind the fayths made up probably looked like each other, each of us only knows a certain amount of people, so if we died and made up a world filled with people, they'd probably resemble the people we usted to know as well as each other, I'm sure Tidus had in this way spiritual connections with the other fella because he was based on him, and Yuna had spritual connections with lenne cause of the dress but i mean... anyway i'm so dissapointed they didn't resolve it.. I mean that fayth talked to Yunna again, which means they haven't rested like they said they would, whicih means Tidus still exists in some way, but Yunna never gets to see him again!

Quizastotl
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't like the 100% completion....or the completion mode at ALL. It made the game feel like it was made for a pre-teen. =P

YAYOMG I got 75% complete at end game! ==D Who cares?! Gimme a boss to own! XD

Seriously though, Tidus disappearing, fighting the Fayth, Vegnagun, Shuyin....Square could have handled the ending of these games much better IMO. I don't think I'll ever pick up X-2 again - but X was just GREAT.

Yes it was my lest favorite ff ever... that being said i could never bring myself to sell a FF.. especially not with Yuna and Rikku in it!
I'm sure I was only on like 60% or something, i hated almost every moment of gameplay so much the idea of playing every little bit is upsetting