PDA

View Full Version : Brownie points

Phoenix Flame
03-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Well a friend actually opened my eyes on this. I know that I'm kinda slow (leading a somewhat sheltered life.) She said that there are a couple different types of 'points.' I'm sure many of you here know about brownie points (someone says or does something nice for you and you simply say that they got brownie points.) I have also; however, I was shocked to find out that what it really means is that their nose is brown from kissing your @$$ =D =D =D

I had to stop and think back over my life to the different people I've said that to. Quite funny how some of those experiences may have been interpreted. LOL! XD Needless to say that I remembered how important it is to examine the stuff that comes out of my mouth.

The other kind of points I've heard of is trust points. I'm not sure if there are many others. So I promised her that I would make a thread about this when I was more awake and see what kind of responses we get. Who's said that they've given brownie/other type of points and perhaps why???

~Fin~

jedi geoff
03-12-2007, 06:00 AM
haha

guy: hey your cool

reason: oh thanks you get brownie points!

guy: WTF i was being nice wat you saying i get brownie points!?
i didnt even touch your butt! No respect!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Slider
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
;vikHYDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA;vik

YOU ONCE GAVE ME A WHOLE BOX OF THEM! (only time i was ever given cookies!)

HOW COULD YOU?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! ;evg

blackstar
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh my dear various gods an angry Egyptian ;vik hydra better watch his ass!!!

Hydra
03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Well a friend actually opened my eyes on this. I know that I'm kinda slow (leading a somewhat sheltered life.) She said that there are a couple different types of 'points.' I'm sure many of you here know about brownie points (someone says or does something nice for you and you simply say that they got brownie points.) I have also; however, I was shocked to find out that what it really means is that their nose is brown from kissing your @$$ =D =D =D

I had to stop and think back over my life to the different people I've said that to. Quite funny how some of those experiences may have been interpreted. LOL! XD Needless to say that I remembered how important it is to examine the stuff that comes out of my mouth.

The other kind of points I've heard of is trust points. I'm not sure if there are many others. So I promised her that I would make a thread about this when I was more awake and see what kind of responses we get. Who's said that they've given brownie/other type of points and perhaps why???

~Fin~
Oh, even I could've told you that! =D

It's just best to interpret it as a positive definition, not as a negative one. It also means respect/trust points, as you mentioned in the third paragraph. That's why I say it. =P

John Smith
03-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Can I have some? :p