PDA

View Full Version : Does Cloud have the Jenova gene? *Spoilers*

My hero Squall
03-19-2007, 05:39 AM
The title is pretty much self explanatory. I'm busy playing FFVII now coz I wanna learn the whole story but I have no patience and I want to know now on that matter. Common you FF experts! lol
Oh and in Advent children, when Cloud has that memory flash when he's in the Church with Tifa right before he passes out there's a young bloke with short white hair and he says to Cloud, "So you wanna be SOLDIER? We're friends..." And so on and so forth, is that a younger version of Sephiroth?

dappa
03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Wasn't he and zack infused with it in shinra mansion?

Tifa-chan
03-19-2007, 12:20 PM
The guy who says that to Cloud is Zack Fairweather, Cloud's friend he met when he tried to join SOLDIER. Cloud never became a SOLDIER, the reason Cloud has Jenova cells inside him is because of Hojo. It all happened when Cloud went back to Niblehime with Zack and Sephiroth. After Sephiroth went crazy Tifa followed him to the Mako reactor, and there she was attacked by Sephiroth. Zack went to save Tifa, but Sephiroth was too much for him. Cloud in turn followed Zack to the reactor, and their he faught with Sephiroth as well. Although Cloud didn't really beat Sephiroth, Hojo believed he did. When Hojo and the turks showed up at the Mako reactor to see what happened with Sephiroths, Hojo took Cloud and Zack back to the ShinRa manchion, and that is were Cloud had the Jenova Cells put inside of him. That's why people believe Clouds storied when he told them he was part of SOLDIER.
Hopefully I cleared some of that up for you. I know my FF VII so ask me!

Gackt Camui
03-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah no wonder why your failing school Tifa. lol...Suppose to be researching school and you do that instead. Nah I am just kidding. You do good in school anyways. Half that stuff you have already told me...only I would never be able to type it all out. I would get so dang confused.

My hero Squall
03-21-2007, 01:03 AM
OMG, so Cloud was never part of SOLDIER? That's hard to believe... Wasn't he like top Rank though? HEAPS confused lol... And who's the voice in Cloud's head, is that Aeris?

Tifa-chan
03-21-2007, 01:40 PM
It is Jenova and Sepiroth. And sometimes it is his own thoughts.
Kelley I am smart about this and you know it XD

Phoenix Flame
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
OMG, so Cloud was never part of SOLDIER? That's hard to believe... Wasn't he like top Rank though? HEAPS confused lol... And who's the voice in Cloud's head, is that Aeris?

You find all that out when Tifa is in his head sorting out the mess he, his memories, and the Jenova cells made out of his thoughts.

Gackt Camui
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Reason I love the sig...are you suppose to be Cloud? You know where this is going right? Anways yeah Tifa I know you are smart about this...thats why your are failing school...because thats the only you're smart about! lol I am just kidding.

Tifa-chan
03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
O_O I am only failing gym..woopdie doo! but thats because I don't like to change for the class.

Anyhow, yes Cloud really messed things up in his head. He took Zacks memories and made them his own to make people *tifa especialy* think he was a great SOLDIER

Phoenix Flame
03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
...woopdie doo!

...and THIS years retro award goes to........

T-C!!!!!

...but seriously, kinda stinks for Cloud...head all screwed-up, head-over heels for Tifa... kinda like... NM! :p

Gackt Camui
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah stopped yourself there huh Reason! the whole story makes me dizzy. Theres so much to know

Tifa-chan
03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Kelley I can write you an essay if you like XD

*takesaward* You like me! You really like me!

My hero Squall
03-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Sheez, ok so when do I find out all this info? What disc? I'm only on the first at the mo, battling between trying to get the ps2 off my boyfriend, he's replaying FFXII lol! Gosh and everyone was telling it was a waste of time playing FFVII there's so much to learn about the story. Grr I wanna punch them now, so much I didn't know!

Marius
03-23-2007, 02:12 AM
i believe it's on disc 3.in the beginig if i'm not mistaken:confused:.disc 2 is'nt very long if u kno what your doin.don't worry it all comes 2-gether,;resdang call me weird but i've must've replayed that one like several times.;a02 sometimes i 4-get why;shr even though i beat it i just can't help but play when i get a chance.dang i have'nt played it in a grip.

Phoenix Flame
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Disk 3 is t3h end of the game...after you get to the Northern Cavern with teh airship <3.

Disk 2 is where you find it out. For the sake of other n00bs to VII - I'm going to label this thread as *Spoilers*

There's a lot to the story - zis is true! I love VII very much. I rank it above XII... but that's just me <3 Maybe it's because VII pwns XII on storyline, character development, teh baddies,... heck I even like the materia system better than the license board... :confused:

But this isn't a compare/contrast thread so I'll stay on topic.

The story CAN, at certain points throughout the game, be VERY confusing. That's why Tifa's here ;che

It took me like 10 playthroughs to finally get what was going on. Here, check out this thread: http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=643

Gackt Camui
03-23-2007, 11:04 AM
You kiss "Tifa" in like every topic now Reason?

Phoenix Flame
03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
^_^ Uh... maybe. Or give her huggles. ;)

But back on topic... please!

I've got my action plan.
a) finish XII and get e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g... guessing about 150 hrs. I'm currently @ 20 (Restarted.)
b) Pick up VI advace and pwn it (again)
c) Play through VII again... that would probably bring me to...July! Yea! Drinking w/the multi-headed Hydra Mod!

...2B continued...

Tifa-chan
03-23-2007, 12:40 PM
It is on Disk 2 not three. VII is the best deal with it XD so yes punch those who told you it wasn't XD

Gackt Camui
03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Thats violent Tifa!

Tifa-chan
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
yea but true

Gackt Camui
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Its true?? That they should punch people that told them that? lol

Yggdrasill
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
It is on Disk 2 not three. VII is the best deal with it XD so yes punch those who told you it wasn't XD
Still not as good as FFIX. =P
Classical, old-school FF > Everything else.

Tifa-chan
03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
sinner *glaresatyggdrasill*

Yes kelley that is exactly what I mean *punchesrandompersonwhosaidffviisux* see?

Gackt Camui
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes I do see. That looks like fun. *also punches random person that said FF VII sucks*

Tifa-chan
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
woot... okay back on topic.

Gackt Camui
03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
You started it. Stop acting like a prude. You're killing me!

What do you want me to say thats on topic?? You can only stay on topic for so long...why repeat things??

My hero Squall
03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Cheers guys! yeah all the info I need to know, I know now! hehe. Gosh I haven't played FFVII in a while, gotta hurry up and finish it. Been too cooped up with buying my new car! Its rad! Hey I think I'm going to post a thread about who has what car!? I think cars come third to Final Fantasy series. My fiance comes first! hehe You guys better post in the new thread!

Gackt Camui
03-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I know I will even though I don't have one! lol

My hero Squall
04-03-2007, 11:57 PM
No one is posting in my new thread which is in the OFF TOPICS section called, Rides, their names and pics ( I think I called it that anyway) Come on guys, dunno about you but I think talking cars is cool yeah?! Show me how un nerdy you all are! Show us the coolness yo!!

Tifa-chan
04-09-2007, 04:04 PM
and we were on my case about being off topic >.>

Gackt Camui
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah tell me about. Not to mention not everybody is has a nice car that they like to show off. I was willing to post in that thread but you told me not to because it would get to confusing because I really didn't have a car. So if you don't mind My Hero Squall if you have nothing to say about Final Fantasy because this is a section about it...please go away until you do. I did for you and you can have enough respect for me and the others that want to talk about FF to not do. THANKEY

Sephiroth wanted to become a God using Lifestream. His professed goal was to create a wound in the Planet so massive that all of the Lifestream energy would have to gather around it in order to heal it. He would then absorb the Lifestream and uses its energy to transform himself into a supreme being who had almost infinite power and energy. In this way he would be a God among men, and would be not only unstoppable but most likely immortal as well. Cloud and company soon learn that Sephiroth is planning on using the Black Materia to do this; for in the Black Materia lies the key to summoning the most powerful spell ever to be created - Meteor.

Meteor finds small drifting moonlets or asteroids and then forces them into a collision course with whatever the caster targets. Sephiroth planned on targeting the Planet with his spell and, eventually, did just that after obtaining the Black Materia in the Northern Crater. Meteor then began its collision course with the Planet, and nothing seemed to be able to stop it. This was, for all intensive purposes, the apocalypse of Final Fantasy 7’s planet.

Why is it that the Lifestream acted in this way? Was it being lead by Aeris? Was it simply acting on impulse? Was there some magnetic pull between it and Meteor that, in the end, managed to destroy the evil creation and save the day from Sephiroth’s dread destructive force?

Perhaps the most basic assumption about Lifestream is as follows: Lifestream is, essentially, the blood of the Planet. This of course makes a great deal of sense and offers a good start for beginners who wish to learn what exactly Lifestream is. While not perfect, it’s a very good approximation of the inner mechanics of both the Planet and of the green stuff itself.

This bloodstream hypothesis/explanation basically builds off of the principle that the Planet and all the things who live on it are essential constructs of earlier versions of themselves. The Planet’s Lifestream functions as a huge repository which serves basically two main functions under this theory. One, it heals the Planet’s wounds and keeps it alive. Two, it serves as an energy bank which can be utilized to give rise to new life forms.

Most of the player’s understanding of Lifestream generally stems off of this statement made by Bugenhagen when he first explains to Cloud and his party about what exactly they are fighting to protect. The Lifestream is shown as a renewable source of energy that all life requires to exist.

We also know the Planet requires it in order to exist. There are two reasons why the Planet needs its own Lifestream. One, if it is devoid of Lifestream it will wither and die. Two, if it is devoid of Lifestream it cannot heal its wounds.

We are shown in the very same scene as the quote above that the Planet will become barren and black, and, eventually, will shatter if the Lifestream is completely sapped away. This is independent of whatever wounds that the Planet may or may not have, and, as a result, Shinra’s Mako reactors are not only leaving the Planet susceptible to a major injury (due to the immunodeficiency they cause by sapping Lifestream) but are working to directly kill the Planet.

Assuming the Planet is wounded, however, before its Lifestream is reduced to zero it can still be killed. Like a living thing it requires its blood to clot and stop the bleeding around its wounds. Blood also functions by facilitating the reconstruction of damaged tissue in a biological organism. The same is true of the Planet. Not only will it be unable to stop the damage it incurred as a result of the initial injury from spreading and increasing (there will be more talk about this in part d of this very section: “Lifestream’s Role as Holy’s Replacement”), it will also be inhibited to such a degree it cannot hope to regenerate and heal itself from the initial wound.

These curative properties are evident in a number of places. Notably among them are the Mideel incident and the Northern Crater. In Mideel, Cloud and Tifa fall into the Lifestream and, as a result of this event, Cloud’s mental confusion is finally sorted out. This, however, may not be attributable to curative properties but instead to the assimilating properties of the Lifestream (more on this in part b of this section: “Individuality”). The Northern Crater, however, provides undeniable truth to the claims made above.

When the player arrives at the peak of the Northern Crater, just outside the Whirlwind Maze, they are literally shown the Lifestream curing the wound Meteor caused when it was last summoned (over 2000 years ago, by JENOVA most likely; refer to D-II-a “Why Holy Failed” for more information).

But how then is Lifestream replenished? If it is used by each living thing as it is created shouldn’t the Planet eventually be eliminated anyway, despite AVALANCHE and no matter how many Mako Reactors are built? This is, of course, not necessarily so:

Bugenhagen: “Ho Ho Hoooo. Yes, it is something, isn't it? Well, let's get to the subject. Eventually... all humans die. What happens to them after they die? The body decomposes, and returns to the Planet. That much everyone knows. What
about their consciousness, their hearts and their souls? The soul too returns to the Planet. And not only those of humans, but everything on this Planet. In fact, all living things in the universe, are the same. The spirits that return to the Planet, merge with one another and roam the Planet. They roam, converge, and divide, becoming a swell, called the ‘Lifestream’.”

Bugenhagen explains to Cloud and his friends that the Lifestream is continually being recycled and never truly leaves the system as a whole. So long as the entity does eventually die, the Lifestream will be returned to the swell, or Lifestream repository, that is housed inside the Planet’s mantle. This is of course both efficient and self-sustaining and therefore presents the player with the idea that the Planet is in perfect harmony, a common assumption when it comes to talk about nature in real-life as well.

Thus, whenever somebody is born they take a handful of Lifestream with them. When they die, they give it back. That same handful is then incorporated into the swell, and, eventually, used by another life form to facilitate its temporary existence. It is then returned and the cycle continues unto infinity, so long as this is uninterrupted.

The Lifestream, however, has other applications. Mako and Materia are two forms of refined Lifestream, which will be discussed in parts ii and iii of this same section (“Mako” and “Materia”). Barring the individual forms, raw Lifestream itself can be used to augment physical bodies. Apparently, there is no limit to how much Lifestream a life form can absorb. It is because of this that Sephiroth’s plan to become a God through using Meteor develops.
When stricken by something or hurt in some way, the Planet’s Lifestream automatically coalesces around the injury to stop the “bleeding” and begin repairing the damage. This is, as said earlier, seen in the Northern Crater. However, when this occurs it is apparently possible to draw on this energy and, in some way, use it to augment the strength and energy of an already living organism. Such is Sephiroth’s plan.

There is of course one fundamental flaw with this idea. If this is so, why does Sephiroth not simply drill into the mantle and submerge himself in the swell? What is the true need to call upon Meteor and bring the Lifestream to the surface when he could simply go to the swell itself? Would this not be both more efficient and less time consuming, not to mention being immediate and out of Cloud’s - and Holy’s - ability to prevent?

The only possible explanation (because Sephiroth obviously would have known about his ability to simply submerge himself in the swell) would be attributable to Sephiroth’s (or JENOVA’s) greed. When Meteor hit countless lives would be lost; a meteorite of that magnitude would be certain to wipe out 65-75% of all land life on the Planet, similar to the one that destroyed the dinosaurs in real-life. In this way, billions of “handfuls” would be added back to the swell as humans, trees, bugs, even blades of grass were killed. This would be a significant boost in the swell’s Lifestream energy and the amount Sephiroth would absorb would be tens or maybe even hundreds of times greater than that if he had penetrated and absorbed the swell alone.

Contrarily, however, some may argue that Sephiroth could simply have absorbed the swell first and used the power gained from that to dispatch Cloud and cohorts easily. This is flawed, however. If Sephiroth were to absorb the swell he would have eliminated the Planet’s Lifestream energy, killing it (in accordance to need one, as explained above). Therefore he needed to wait. To absorb only part of it would be dangerous as well because then the Planet may not have been able to send Lifestream to coalesce around Meteor’s impact, making the impact irrelevant (due to a general lack of Lifestream due to his absorption and Mako Reactors already depleting it to unacceptable levels). Therefore, the only way it would have worked would be for Sephiroth to do exactly as he did.

Tifa-chan
04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
so were did you cutt and past that from Onee-chan?

Gackt Camui
04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Um actually I don't even remember....I just wanted to stay on topic so I just went and looked for something. Actually it was like way longer than that but the forum had me take a lot out so if it makes no sense blame it on the website not me.

Contrarily, however, some may argue that Sephiroth could simply have absorbed the swell first and used the power gained from that to dispatch Cloud and cohorts easily. This is flawed, however. If Sephiroth were to absorb the swell he would have eliminated the Planet’s Lifestream energy, killing it (in accordance to need one, as explained above). Therefore he needed to wait. To absorb only part of it would be dangerous as well because then the Planet may not have been able to send Lifestream to coalesce around Meteor’s impact, making the impact irrelevant (due to a general lack of Lifestream due to his absorption and Mako Reactors already depleting it to unacceptable levels). Therefore, the only way it would have worked would be for Sephiroth to do exactly as he did.
(lol)

Tifa-chan
04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
intresting theoirs here. They do bring up some good points

Gackt Camui
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah I was thinking the samething....It was so long though So I never really got to read the whole thing..they have like 30,000 different things to read. The website was crazy I just don't remember what it was called!

Tifa-chan
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
please find it again I really want to see the site

Phoenix Flame
04-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Besides that... if you cannot locate and quote an author - you'll have to remove it from this site 0.0 as it is it is plagarism... :eek: btr find it!

Oh and a couple of nitt-picks... Jenova didn't CAST meteor...she came IN a meteor. And not necessarilly a magical one. However - it is logical that Holy (if used) might have been able to have stopped the collision (such as it helped do in VII.)

Gackt Camui
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
OH YEAH I FOUND IT GUYS!

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/ff7_theory.php
That is the website so....yeah just click on what you want to read. I also sent them an email thanking them for their information. So enjoy!

Tifa-chan
04-13-2007, 02:07 PM
incorrect in most parts though....I agree with reason.

Gackt Camui
04-13-2007, 04:28 PM
What do you mean? What am I doing wrong now?

Phoenix Flame
04-14-2007, 09:05 AM
What do you mean? What am I doing wrong now?

Silly Kelley...she was saying she disagrees w/the info on the site.

...AND agrees with meh statement <3 XD! LOL!

Tifa-chan
04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
yush! XD not picking on my poor onee-chan! *huggleskelley*

Gackt Camui
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Ah okay now I get it lol. I just posted the stuff on here to see what you guys would think of it so we can like stay on topic seeing how I had no idea on what to post. That way we can get on a little discussion on whether or not that website is really worth it or not lol

Tifa-chan
04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
hum I have been to ffshrine tons of times, but I can't say I agree with things they post, sorry to say, but they are normaly never right

Gackt Camui
04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I didn't say they were right. It was just the first website that I clicked on...lol

Tifa-chan
04-14-2007, 10:47 PM
oh I know ^__^

Gackt Camui
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Why is it always this topic that is so hard to stay on topic about?

Tifa-chan
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
i really have no clue

Gackt Camui
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
It is though! We already know he's man and the well they messed with him. but we still love you Cloud...what else are we suppose to talk about?

Tifa-chan
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
good question

Gackt Camui
04-17-2007, 06:09 PM
.....I am trying so hard to stay on topic! *stayontopickelley*

Tifa-chan
04-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Lmfao

Gackt Camui
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
...nope...having a hard time doing it.

Tifa-chan
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
ah okay

Gackt Camui
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I am so bored right now....

Tifa-chan
04-23-2007, 10:43 PM
so I can tell

Gackt Camui
04-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Well there was really nobody on yesterday while I was one so I wasn't really sure what to do. You know? lol

Tifa-chan
04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
yes I do know XD

Gackt Camui
04-24-2007, 04:10 PM
It made me feel uncomfortable and...all alone.

Tifa-chan
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
its okay I am here now. Don't Cry loz. XD lol

Gackt Camui
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
YEAH! We have been off topic for the past like 30 posts....so yeah. How to continue being on topic? *thinks*

Tifa-chan
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
good point

My hero Squall
04-25-2007, 11:47 PM
How about Vincent! We can completely convert this convo into Vincent! I haven't finished Dirge of Cerberus but from what I've heard Vincent was a body guard? And someone put him to sleep for 30 years and then he came back to life or something rather? Wht's up with that?

Tifa-chan
04-26-2007, 08:30 AM
yes it is like that. Vincent used to work for the Turks around 30 years ago before VII, AC and DOC. Vincent was also in love with Lucrecia. However..well...accually I could go on, but before I do, tell me if you want me too, I don't want to tell you about it and then ruin the game for you if you don't want me too.

Gackt Camui
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
You know what that kinda reminds me of? Being a body guard and getting put to sleep and them waking up again. It reminds me of that show Lex, that goth guy.

Tifa-chan
04-28-2007, 01:51 PM
O_O good point. Only it is VII and Vincent so it is much better

Gackt Camui
04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah right...I don't watch Lex....its creepy.

Tifa-chan
05-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I've never watched it let alone heard of it

Gackt Camui
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Then why did you agree with me when I said that about Vincent dork!

Tifa-chan
05-05-2007, 09:20 AM
idk something to type back XD

Gackt Camui
05-06-2007, 08:34 PM
You could of told me you didn't know and I would of explained it a little more...

Tifa-chan
05-06-2007, 09:10 PM
True. Alright, would you be whiling to explain?

Gackt Camui
05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Of course. He was a soldier in war, and he killed lots I mean lots of guys. And because he was so dangerous. They froze him. But the people that ride on Lex, yes the ship is called Lex, found him and unfroze him. And he told his story and turned out not to be a bad guy after all. And he swore to help the people that were aboard Lex...but I think he ends up dying neways. Don't quote me on that one. Its been long time since I watched it.

Tifa-chan
05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Okay, well I still never new of it

Gackt Camui
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah I know. It use to come on the sci fi channel all the time. Its not really worth watching so don't bother if you ever happen to catch it when its on.

Tifa-chan
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
lol I wont then, I got my anime anyhow!

Gackt Camui
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah well a lot of it is at my house...and I thought you were selling your anime?

Tifa-chan
05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I am but no one is buying. I am going to sell my artist bord too, and save up for a wacom.

Gackt Camui
05-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Thats to bad. If I get hired at Vista I will pay your for your Anime.

Tifa-chan
05-10-2007, 04:09 PM
lol which ones, all the Inuyasha?

Gackt Camui
05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah those ones. lol.

Cloud still has the Jenova gene? (just trying to stay on topic lol)