PDA

View Full Version : The Person Above You!!!

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Heres a thread that you have to say something about the person above you.......like i'll start off with sayin something about me since theres nobady above me so......^likes to party.....oh yeah...and u have to put a ^.....if your talking about the person above u....and <....if ur talking about yourself....so lets get started!!!

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 03:12 PM
^Likes to Party.....

Wezzy
06-16-2005, 03:31 PM
this is exactly the same as the other one with exactly the same name only this one has !!! on the end :S ^Has 7 posts

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Where is it....i searched all over...did'nt see anything.....?

obliviongirl
06-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Ohhhh...O.O....now i see it....well someone delete this thread!!!!

LoKuS
06-17-2005, 07:01 PM
*Mod Edit*

Wezzy
06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
lol that's a good one!

johnnylumpkin
06-19-2005, 02:23 AM
*Mod Edit*

obliviongirl
06-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Actually!!!!! Im not an idiot!!!!! :mad: anyway's.........you people!!! :D

Doomsday
06-21-2005, 07:37 AM
*Mod Edit* No wonder she wants to leave. You are all terrible. Shame on you all.

Arkacia
06-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Is very loyal to his/her friends and defends them very strongly.

**Wow I started reading this thread but had to leave to put my fire proof suit on. There are more flames in here than a crematorium.

Just for the record Lokus, I'm female. Are you suggesting I shouldn't use a computer either? That was a very silly statement.

Doomsday I know your angry about how obliviongirl has been treated and after seeing more and more stuff aimed at her today I don't blame you and agree but exploding like that won't help the situation and may end up getting you into trouble. If you find anymore stuff like that report the post or send a PM to the admin letting him know about it :).

Sorry to sound like a mod or mother but this flaming, abuse and harrasment of one new member is really horrible and I just can't keep my mouth shut about it any longer :(.**

Doomsday
06-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Glad i'm not the only one who thinks its horrible.

FFnut
06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh, no, this is BAD.

There's a fine line between barbed comments and outright flames. Barbed comments do not directly insult a member, although they may indirectly.

Flames, on the other hand, directly insult a person... LoKuS, you've done it, as has johnny... and even obliviongirl herself flamed in the trivia topic. I've done my best to keep myself at the barbed comment level, and I'm prety sure that I've come close to the line, but never crossed it.

Accusing someone of trolling, by the way, isn't flaming. If they go on to describe in great detail how stupid the person is outside of their posts, then sure, it's flaming, but just saying that someone's been making useless posts isn't really insulting them on a huge level.

Arkacia
06-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Yep, I'm sticking my nose in again :).

Oh, no, this is BAD.

There's a fine line between barbed comments and outright flames. Barbed comments do not directly insult a member, although they may indirectly.

An insult is an insult. It doesn't matter whether its indirect or not.

Flames, on the other hand, directly insult a person... LoKuS, you've done it, as has johnny... and even obliviongirl herself flamed in the trivia topic. I've done my best to keep myself at the barbed comment level, and I'm prety sure that I've come close to the line, but never crossed it.

No you haven't crossed it from what I've seen so far but you have come darn close and can become very agressive. For someone who wants to be a mod (from what I've seen in a couple of posts) thats not a good thing. You really should try to get that temper under control :D

Accusing someone of trolling, by the way, isn't flaming. If they go on to describe in great detail how stupid the person is outside of their posts, then sure, it's flaming, but just saying that someone's been making useless posts isn't really insulting them on a huge level.

There is a big difference between flaming, trolling and spamming. Useless posts are spam not trolling and excess useless posts are post whoreing not trolling. For a definition of trolling look here (http://www.randomgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76). Again an insult is an insult no matter what level its on. New members should be made to feel welcome and if they make mistakes, gently prodded in the right direction. If they don't listen pass it up to the admin. Its his job to decide who stays and who leaves the forum. Its not up to members to harass, insult and abuse a new member into leaving.

Spiff
06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
This whole topic should be deleted.

Glare
08-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes i agree with Spiff stop this!!!!!!!!!

please...

FFnut
08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I'd like to point out that Spiff's post was well over a month ago (dated 6/21) and that the dating on Glare's message should be... 8/7.

Glare, why must you post in long-dead topics?