PDA

View Full Version : SeeD

dirge_of_sephiroth
04-04-2007, 11:26 AM
This is probably a really dumb question but how do you actually pronounce SeeD? Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.

Slider
04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
nah, good question, personnaly i always pronounced it See Dee coz of that capital D
sounded better too!

John Smith
04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
It's Seed.

jedi geoff
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
since im here and in this thread were asking how to pronounce things i think ill ask how do you pronounce Squall?
i always said it like squat-all, but my brother reckons its scwall.
which is it?

Slider
04-04-2007, 07:25 PM
S-kal

John Smith
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
"Scwall".

dirge_of_sephiroth
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
i always said it like squat-all, but my brother reckons its scwall.

Umm, how 'squat-all' out of Squall? I'm just confused because of the 't'. But I just call him Marken for the most part anyway, instead of Squall, so I guess I'd hardly know... :p

Drake
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.

Actually, it's funny that you metioned that cuz I use to call it See d. Can't remember which happened first but it was only after I thought about the Seed/Garden thing or a classmate said it Seed.

jedi geoff
04-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Umm, how 'squat-all' out of Squall? I'm just confused because of the 't'.

uh dont know my friend had the game before and i he used to say it like that so i get picked up on it...

Shotgunnova
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Edea compares the mercenary force to "seeds in a garden," so I think the pronunciation's pretty evident despite the capital d.

Spec Highwind
04-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I pronounce it See Dee

dappa
05-19-2007, 10:23 PM
its definately seed but dont ultimecia pronounce it differently? I think she does.

Doctor
05-21-2007, 12:04 AM
First of all, the pronounciation of SeeD SHOULD be "Seed," like many people have said. What Shotgunnova mentioned proves that.

As for Squall...due to the 'u' in his name, the proper way to say it is most likely "Skwall." XP

Luis
05-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Seed is the right way. They're 'seeds' grown and trained in a Garden to fight the sorceress. Quite obvious.
Pronunciation depends on the way things are pronounced in each country. I can't think of another way to pronounce Squall than the one I've always used. I guess "Skwall" as you say, could be the way I say it.

Squall Lionheart
01-16-2023, 03:15 PM
Seed is the right way. They're 'seeds' grown and trained in a Garden to fight the sorceress. Quite obvious.

That's right