PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Weapons/Hardest Bosses, etc.

Arkacia
05-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I've scoured the net and tried various metholds I've found on it to beat ruby weapon but nothing has worked. I get killed every time :D.

Has anyone here managed to beat it and if so how?

I've played the game through about 10 times and would love to just once do it completly with nothing left undone. I've not managed to beat emerald weapon either but think I've figured that one out. Ruby weapon just defeats me every time.

LoKuS
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Get your guys up more levels.

Arkacia
05-12-2005, 07:24 PM
I've done that believe me :D.

Am an expert at level farming.

FFnut
05-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Get command counter materia, and grow it until you have eight mastered. Do the same with mime. Have one of your characters with eight sets of linked slots so you can set up an eight-linked counter-mime chain. Give your person as much weapon power as possible and get limit (preferably one with multiple atacks). Launch a limit once the battle starts and don't do anything. Once Ruby attacks the character who used limit and has the insane amounts of counter-mime...

Well, I've seen this combo beat Emmy in a minute and eighteen seconds with Barret's Ungarmax. If it can beat Emerald that quickly, imagine what it can do against Ruby.

Arkacia
05-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for that. I'll give it a go once I can get the materia I need for it :).

ShadowHeart
05-13-2005, 04:01 AM
That won't work against Ruby IMO. Ruby has the single highest defense in the game. Have you ever tried using regular attacks or limit breaks on him? I have.. you will miss almost every hit, and if you do hit, you will do pathetic damage compared to what you do against normal enemies and bosses.

I once tried the All Lucky 7s trick against Ruby. The character doing it will hit the enemy 64 times for 7777 damage each. But I can't remember a single one of those 64 attacks connecting.. maybe a handful actually connected, but I think every single one missed Ruby.

What it comes down to is.. if you want to kill Ruby Weapon with attacks and limit breaks, you basically need to max out your strength and have a very high attack %. And that's not worth the time and effort IMO..

This is what I always do against Ruby:

Put a Mime or Master Command on each character, so that everyone has the Mime command. One character gets W-Summon, KotR and Hades (or W-Summon and a Master Summon materia, if you have one). One character gets Phoenix if you didn't put a Master Summon on someone. That's all you need. I always fill up the rest of the materia slots with materia that I want to master (you do get 50,000 AP for beating Ruby and Emerald, I don't see a reason to let it go to waste), and usually have Double or Triple growth weapons on everyone (to get the most out of those 50,000 AP afterwards). Just leave enough slots for HP Plus materias so you'll have 9999 HP on everyone.

Enter a battle with some weak enemy and kill off everyone except the character with Phoenix, and finish the battle. Save your game ^_^. Enter battle with Ruby. As soon as he puts his claws in the ground, cast Phoenix to revive the other 2 characters. Now, have the character with the W-Summon materia summon Hades and KotR in one turn, and Mime with the other 2. Hades will cause Stop on Ruby, preventing him from countering KotR (if he's not stopped, he will automatically counter KotR with Ultima). Now you just need to keep miming until the battle ends. Easy.

This has worked against Ruby every time for me, and with Double/Triple growth weapons and the huge AP bonus from both Ruby and Emerald I always have every materia (except maybe KotR) mastered at least once after those 2 fights.

Oh and I should say that this will only work if you have the battle mode on Wait or Recommended. If you have it on Active, Ruby will always wake up during KotR because it takes so damn long (with Active, time never stops in battle).

Arkacia
05-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the advice all, I'll try your metholds and hopefully one of them will work for me :).

Squall85
05-13-2005, 03:13 PM
I haven't played VII in a couple years but i remember beating him by first having 2 of my guys killed so he would put his hands down or something like that, then i revive my guys KOR, Limit breaks, elixiers n it was done

Arkacia
05-15-2005, 02:27 AM
I've never played it.

If you've never played and don't know what we're talking about then please don't spam up my thread by posting :).

Gumdrop
05-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I recomend you fight Emerald first I always found him to be easier, I can't be bothered to write a huge long stratagy or anything but I'll tell you the materia you need the most; Knights of the round paired with w-summon, Pheonix paired with final attack, mime materia on at least two characters paired with MP Absorb or Turbo (can't remeber which) and a enemy skill with angle wishper just incase ;)

Tip, easy ways to lvl up materia:

collect the w-item materia from the tunnles during your last visit to Midgar and use the w-item trick to get 99 Elixers (well...quite a few anyway) then go down the Northen cave and give the magic pots Elixers.
also down the northern cave are Movers, they give you loads of AP for finishing them off.

Hope this helps...

T_H_E_O_N_E
05-15-2005, 12:02 PM
You really doesnt have to have so many master command if you want to beat him.
But if you want every character to be alive at the end, either revive them at the end or give the them the same equipment.

MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb

just make sure you dont die in one hit and enough magic protection (200+)
Ribbon is verry usefull to have to.

You can beat him that way but if you want it fast have
2 Knights of the Round Charges and W-sumon
Master Summon paired with MP Turbo

If your other players is dead when you start the fight, cast Knights of the Round and wait.

Everytime you get attacked you counter with Knights of the Round and get full hp.

Lionheart250
08-07-2005, 02:37 AM
Emerald Weapon
Hp:850000 - 1000000
Mp:9999 - 99999
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO,
3 Huge Materias,Other
Winnings:Earth Harp
Tradings: In the Kalm City talk to the man you give Guide Book and give the Earth Harp for Master Command, Summon, Magic.
Unleashed by: Beating or losing the submirane mini-game.

Ruby Weapon
Hp:1000000 - 1250250
Mp:99999 - 999999
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).
Winnings:Gold Chocobo(Should Already Have It For KOR and Mime and all :rolleyes:

ShadowHeart
08-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure most ppl here already knew about them :)

Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other

Not true :p.. I've beaten Emerald without using KOR or Final Attack once.. and I have never used Bahamut ZERO on him.

Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).

All you NEED to beat Ruby is KOR, Hades, W-Summon and Mime. That's it.

FFnut
08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other

I've seen a video of Emerald being beaten in 78 seconds (no Underwater Materia so you could see the timer) with NONE of these. The entire battle was Barret using Ungarmax (his 3-2 limit), getting attacked, and counter-miming Ungarmax eight times (although he only needed four before Emerald keeled over). Battle ended with the timer at 18:42. Absolutely amazing.

Lionheart250
08-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Weapon
HP:10000 - 100000
MP:400 - 9999
Location:Mideel, Fort Condor, Junon, Nieblhiem, Cosmo Canyon
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Ultima Beam _________________________________
Quake3
Shadow Flare
The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam. He's pretty easy to beat so just keep summoning your best monsters and use physical attacks to deal out damage. After you've injured it enough, it will fly away. You can battle this Weapon a total of four times. After the final battle, you'll receive Cloud's ultimate weapon.

Diamond Weapon
HP:50000
MP:3000
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Stomp _____________________________
Laser Ray
Diamond Flash
Diamond Weapon isn't much of a challenge, but be sure to keep your party HP up. Since Diamond Weapon is typically immune to physical attacks, take him out with constant magic and summon attacks. Killing him before the countdown reaches zero will reward your party with experience, AP, and gil. However, if you don't finish him off in time the Sister Ray will fire and destroy him and the shield around the Northern Crater.

Ruby Weapon
HP:1000000 - 1250250
MP:900
Location:Corel Desert -The Ruby Weapon is located just outside of the Gold Saucer in the desert and can be approached either by the Highwind or a chocobo.
Attack
______________ Battle Strategy
Whirlsand ____________________________
Grand Sweep
Ruby Ray
Ruby Fire
Ultima
Comet
Shadow Flare
Start off the battle by having the character equipped with the Big Guard Enemy Skill cast Big Guard. It is important that this be the first thing done in the battle; it will help Cloud tremendously. Have Cloud cast Bahamut ZERO with W-Summon. Although damage may be negligable, it will provoke Ruby Weapon to release his tenticles behind you. At this point, it is not significant if any other characters besides Cloud get sucked off the battle field. Cast a W-Summoned Knights of the Round at the tentacles. This materia will be highly powerful with the added power of the Magic Plus materia. You'll also get healed because of the HP Absorb. Mimic every turn and Knights of the Round will be cast twice, regardless of its level. In addition, you won't lose any MP by mimicing this summon. Keep doing this each turn and you will eventually kill him. Ruby may try using Comet2 and other highly powerful spells, but most will miss with the Mystile Armor.

Emerald Weapon
HP:800000 - 1000000
MP:100
Location:Underwater Area - The Emerald Weapon is located under the ocean, accessible by the Submarine and can be approached by making contact. You'll have 20 minutes to complete the battle unless you have the Underwater Materia.
Attack
__________ Battle Strategy
Emerald Shoot ____________________
Emerald Beam
Revenge Stamp
Aire Tam Storm
Start by casting W-Summon using Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round with your second character. Have Cloud mimic your second character. This combo will allow Bahamut ZERO to be cast 4 times and Knights of the Round once afterward. Keep mimicking with Cloud, skipping other characters' turns. After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm. Phoenix will revive your group and you'll have to start the combination over again. After you've defeated the Emerald Weapon, you'll aquire the Earth Harp. You can exchange with the man at Kalm for three Master Materias.

ShadowHeart
08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
And we are pointing out things we disagree with :)

The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam.

That's not true. I know he uses a Gravity attack as well, but I can't remember if it's Demi, Demi2 or Demi3. One of them. He can also use Shadow Flare, but that's only as finishing attack (And if you want to learn it, you may want to equip all your Enemy Skill materias on the character tha will deal the last blow, and make sure s/he survives it). I'm pretty sure he can attack physically as well :)

After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm.

I've heard that Emerald will only use Aire Tam Storm if his eyes are open, and then you can easily prevent it by attacking his eyes (20k-30k damage is enough to make him close them, if I recall correctly) as soon as he opens them. I don't know for sure though if that's how it works.

FFnut
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I also notice how he completely skipped how to lessen the damage Aire Tam Storm deals. And the WEAPONS are not the hardest bosses anyway, with the exception of Ruby and Emmy. I happen to know that Sephiroth is much more powerful than Ultimate, so how come he isn't mentioned either? And Diamond is a cinch. I had more trouble with the Guard Scorpion than with Diamond (Early Chocobo Breeding = Midgar Raid with Knights). Why don't you put some other hard bosses on here?

ShadowHeart
08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
The hardest regular must-face bosses are probably Materia Keeper, Lost Number (well, depending on at which stage of the game you face him) and Demon Wall. Well, they are about the only bosses in the game that I constantly see help threads for at GameFAQs' FF7 message board. They pop up like there's no tomorrow. And yes, those 3 can all be pretty challenging if you're underleveled and/or don't know what strategy to use.. probably more difficult than any other boss in the game, except Emmy and Ruby. At least they are the 3 bosses I remember having the most trouble with during my first playthrough at least (especially Demon Wall).

EDIT: Realized Lost Number isn't a must-face boss, and I'm not sure I even fought him on my first time through. But anyway :)

FFnut
08-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I have never had any trouble with Lost Number. Now Rapps is annoying. That no-materia fight is the only one that I can lose many times in a row. I just have to hope that I get lucky and he doesn't Aero3 my team to the grave every time. Which he usually does.

ShadowHeart
08-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Lost Number caused problems for me my first time at least, because I had never fought him and hadn't read anything about it.. so I ended up with his physical form and I don't think I I survived it (he can after all, one-hit kill all your party members if you're not in the back row and/or have barrier active). Since then I always make sure to get his magical form, and finish him with limits. But yeah, if you fight him as soon as possible, and you don't know anything about the fight before-hand, he may very well be trouble.

Ah yes, Rapps. I know that Aero3 whopped me nicely the first time through, but I can honestly not remember ever losing that fight. I tend to level quite a bit though.

FFnut
08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I always spammed spells whenever I fought a boss. I can't remember ever physically attacking LN, even when he was in his magic form. It was before I knew anything about him, too, so I was confused when my magic started dealing so little damage when he transformed.

Lionheart250
08-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I kinda copied this thing besides the one that only has Emerald and Ruby!!!
...jeezz...

ShadowHeart
08-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Lol, yeah I kind of guessed you did :)

Lionheart250
08-12-2005, 04:56 AM
(Dangit, they got away with it, my pride could of been like Squall lying to Seifer (Z) Alasmy)
I mean...*sob*
We'll it's kinda weird posting this,lying to Seifer (Z) Alasmy) I mean watta heck is that.
I'll post this but I'll get away with my pride with others threads!

Luis
08-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I don't remember all bosses by their names, and I have translation problems too, as in the Spanish version of Final Fantasy legacy some names change(the main character of FFIX was called Yitan in the Spanish version, and by the other hand I heard it was called Zidane in other countries(like the French football player :p) ) So, could you tell me where could we find Lost Numer and Rapps?
Sephiroth was much harder than Ultimate Weapon and Diamond weapon for sure!!
The first time I played Final Fantasy VII I won Rubi Weapon (I can't remember what I did!) as I didn't use any tactics: I was just trying to keep my team(well, at least one of them) alive, and waiting to see it day after beating it quite a lot; and I won this Weapon 5 years ago!!!(The first time I completed the game).
Nevertheless, I've never won Emerald Weapon, and after seeing how my team was so easily defeated(after all game's progress) I chose forgetting about it and going to visit the North's Cave.
Man, Final Fantasy rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowHeart
08-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Rapps is the small dragon-like boss you fight in Wutai after Yuffie's stolen all your materia. It's Don Corneo's pet.

Lost Number is the boss in the safe in Nibelheim.. you know, you have to enter the right combination and the safe will open. After you beat him, you get the Odin materia and the key to the basement so you can get Vincent.

Materia Keeper is the giant spider-like boss in the Nibel mountains that you see on the screen and have to run into to fight.

Demon Wall is the demon wall boss at the end of the Temple of the Ancients.

And yes, the main character in FFIX is called Zidane in all version that I know of. I guess they just changed it some European translations (we don't get a Swedish translation of games in Sweden, thank GOD for that.. it's the same as dubbing a movie, horrible IMO).

Luis
08-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Oh yes, now I remember. Well, I think the hardest one of all these is Demon Wall. Materia Keeper was hard too, but others were just bosses. I think the main problems are those bosses which you fight in a moment you didn't expect to, as you probably don't have enough macig points or life points in some of your characters..
The trouble for Materia Keeper was the magic he used(I don't know how was it called, as I know the Spanish name for the spell),that one you could learn with Enemy Skill.
Anyway, we could say that Emerald Weapon is the hardest one,(I've been told that if you fight Sephiroth with your level at 99, he becomes much more stronger, but I've never tried it). Don't you agree with me?

ShadowHeart
08-13-2005, 07:07 PM
The Enemy Skill that Materia Keeper uses is called Trine.. it's one of the most useful attack spells in the game in the earlier stages IMO :)

I've heard that Sephiroth's HP increases with each level you gain starting from a certain level (can't remember which one).. which would give him the most HP when you're at level 99. But I can't confirm that..

~Hidan~
08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Emerald and Ruby were the hardest by far, they made even Sephiroth look like a wimp.

ShadowHeart
08-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, of course.. I don't believe anyone has ever claimed anything in this game to be more difficult than either Emerald or Ruby ;)

Barret05
08-26-2005, 02:40 PM
For a optional boss i would say dat emerald is the hardest but for a storyline boss it has 2 be dat wall boss at the temple of the ancients

Lionheart250
08-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I have the fastest way of beating emerald
How to beat emerald in 1 minute 18 seconds
First with Cloud use Lunar Curtain with W-Item
Then with Barret have his materia Counter and Mime in each slot, then use Castrophe(get it before fighting emerald and save it!!!) and after that make emerald attack barret, then use mime, and it'll do it 7 more times, but it'll do it 6 because emerald will be dead by then, and have barret use ungarmax not anything else!!!!!
Now tell me your fastest way, and you cant put anything with cait sith batting!!!
OK!!!!
And by the way, I know this is the fastest way, and also you cant have cait sith or yuffie involving this trick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowHeart
08-31-2005, 02:28 AM
then use Castrophe(get it before fighting emerald and save it!!!) and after that make emerald attack barret, then use mime, and it'll do it 7 more times, but it'll do it 6 because emerald will be dead by then, and have barret use ungarmax not anything else!!!!!

You mean use Ungarmax. Because what happens is that Barret counters by miming, which means he counters using Ungarmax.

And there is no way to beat it faster than that with any other method besides Cait Sith's limit break. Why? Because Ungarmax is by far the fastest of the top multi-hit attacks in the game. It's way faster (as in how long it takes to watch it) than Doom of the Living, Omnislash, Catastrophe, Highwind, you name it. That's why :)

Lionheart250
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM
You mean use Ungarmax. Because what happens is that Barret counters by miming, which means he counters using Ungarmax.

And there is no way to beat it faster than that with any other method besides Cait Sith's limit break. Why? Because Ungarmax is by far the fastest of the top multi-hit attacks in the game. It's way faster (as in how long it takes to watch it) than Doom of the Living, Omnislash, Catastrophe, Highwind, you name it. That's why :)
Whatever, but still nobody could beat this, and anyways, Omnislash well take longer, and Doom of the Living, but still you cant use anything with Yuffie or Cait Sith including for your suggestion

Zeromus_X
08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
since you guys mentioned kitty sith's limit break, i heard somewhere that theres a way to slow down slots by , like, tapping the square button. is this true? i heard theres a way to slow it down somewhere...

ShadowHeart
09-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Whatever, but still nobody could beat this, and anyways, Omnislash well take longer, and Doom of the Living, but still you cant use anything with Yuffie or Cait Sith including for your suggestion
Did you even read what I said? That's exactly what I already said. Ungarmax deals by far the most damage per *real time*, and that's why that time is not beatable with anything except Cait Sith's slot.

And why couldn't I use anything with Yuffie? I could beat Emerald by equipping many mastered Counter+Mime combos on Yuffie, use Doom of the Living and then watch Emerald die after he attacks Yuffie. It works the exact same way as with Barret, it's just that it takes a little longer than with Ungarmax. If I knew how to make a movie from playing, I could even show you.

Lionheart250
09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
What the..... I guess your right!!! but not fully %!!!!!!!!
Read my next post and you'll understand!!!!!!

Lionheart250
09-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Did you even read what I said? That's exactly what I already said. Ungarmax deals by far the most damage per *real time*, and that's why that time is not beatable with anything except Cait Sith's slot.

And why couldn't I use anything with Yuffie? I could beat Emerald by equipping many mastered Counter+Mime combos on Yuffie, use Doom of the Living and then watch Emerald die after he attacks Yuffie. It works the exact same way as with Barret, it's just that it takes a little longer than with Ungarmax. If I knew how to make a movie from playing, I could even show you.

hey,hey,hey, Barret does 18 hits with Ungarmax and faster, but maybe with Yuffie you could do it with Bloodfest or Doom of the Living, but now that you no it, you could use Yuffie and Cait Sith, but I said, what was [/U]your way of beating Emerald, humppp.....
...jeez...

ShadowHeart
09-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, you asked "what is your fastest way of beating emerald", and then said you know the fastest way (using Ungarmax and the Counter=Mime setup), but have you actually done that yourself? :)

Lionheart250
09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
oh yeah, but I actually didnt mean that!!!!!
I meant what, oh whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But thats cheating if you use Cait Sith's limti break, its fine if you use Yuffie's but not Cait Sith, because you could kill him in one hit, and I needed to correct it, I meant to make it, ohhhhhhhhhhhh whatever, what the heck was I thinking, man, I used the trick from a japanese game video!!!!!!!! Me and my brother are making a new game and doing that same trick!!!!!!!!! But I'm thinking we could do it way quicker, and were going to keep on doing it until we do it quicker so you could use Cait Sith's and Yuffie's limits!!!!!!!

Zeromus_X
09-01-2005, 08:12 PM
since you guys mentioned kitty sith's limit break, i heard somewhere that theres a way to slow down slots by , like, tapping the square button. is this true? i heard theres a way to slow it down somewhere...
erm...does anyone know? :p

Lionheart250
09-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Sure, could you show me it, but are you talking about Yuffie or Barret!!

ShadowHeart
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I could do it with Yuffie, Barret or Cloud because I have everything that is required to do it, the only difference would be how long time it took. And no, I can't show you, because I don't know how to make a movie from the game. I already said that..

Lionheart250
09-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Oh, sorry Shadowheart, I think I went out of my head.
I thought this was the fastest way, but its not
ahem.
(A sentence of CLoud)
I wont sign it, whenever I read I get airsick
Yuffie replies,"Oh sorry, dang, hey Cloud, lets pick on Red XIII, I'm dang sure of it!!!"
I think thats what they said, but if they dont could you correct me on this one.......!!!!!!

ShadowHeart
09-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I can't remember what they say exactly, but it is something like that :)

Zeromus_X
09-17-2005, 05:44 PM
yay!!! i beat the weapons!!

but....they werent as hard as i thought theyd be...

any other weapon comments?

Andrew Scaves
09-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah I have a lot of people's weapons on here or are you talking about Omega and Ultima? Oh you are sorry man Yeah they were a little tough for me.

ShadowHeart
09-17-2005, 06:02 PM
This is the FFVII board, so why the heck would he be talking about Omega? He meant Ruby and Emerald of course.. and no, they aren't really that difficult :)

Xartex
09-18-2005, 02:20 PM
you're right, they're not that hard... and i don't think i've ever lost to eme, but i think i've lost to ruby once, all you need is the right strategy

Luis
09-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Did you beat emerald??? I beat ruby once, but I never could win emerald! congratulatuions zerosmus

Xartex
09-19-2005, 10:35 AM
you haven't beaten emerald... all you need is all lucky seven, w-summon, Knight of the round table and mine.. that should do it

ShadowHeart
09-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Yep, and Final Attack + Phoenix if he just happens to throw Aire Tam Storm at you.. just as a safe guard.

Spiff
09-19-2005, 12:17 PM
^just about to mention that too :)

Xartex
09-19-2005, 01:23 PM
ooops, forgot, sorry

Zeromus_X
09-19-2005, 10:12 PM
gasp in awe at my party selection: cloud, yuffie and cait sith. (didnt get 3 kittens on the slot machine though ) i lost against emerald the 1st time i seriously tried, but after beating ruby, KOR and phoenix leveled up, but phoenix never got a chance to shine...everyone was in there 70s, with near max mp...

for ruby, i put every thing on cloud, and luckily he didnt get quicksanded. at the beginning, i used quadra w summon bahamut zero two times. (BZ to irritate it and make it bury its tentacles. id be annoyed if i got hit 8 times with a long summon animation and didnt get hurt at all ^^. i also turned the volume down to "shorten" the summons . kinda a psychological thing, like, "a watched pot never boils". i even went to get a pepsi while 8 BZs fired off in a row...lol)
anyway, after kitten sith and yuffie got sanded, cloud cast KOR twice, once at the tentacles, and once at ruby. (also, cloud had magic plus for more damage. and, i had counter mime. nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...counter mime rocks! :D ) KOR was only at level 1, but its still used twice with mime. ruby got stuck between unburying its hands and dealing with two KORs... and the occasional counter ultima, which only hit successfully once. (mystile) then, bury, unbury, ultima, and a few more mimes and he died. i never got to use phoenix...

emerald: i w summoned BZ 4 times and a KOR. the others used megalixirs and status helpers (haste, big guard, etc.) counter mime really helped, i got twice the KORs i shouldve ^^ . after i had a chance, i w summoned two KORs, and he only used Aire Tam once, but since cloud only had 7 materia on him, he only took 7777 damage. i wanted to have phoenix come, and revive yuffie and CT, but my limit bar filled up, and i wanted to use omnislash, but that killed it, and although it brought a cinematic ending to it, Y and CT didnt get AP (Y had KOR and w summon w/ BZ. CT healed.) oh well.

and thats how i killed those horrific monstrosities that gave me nightmares of being slaughtered brutally.
i dont want to sound like a snob, but i really didnt have a hard time with them. i guess after training n all, (and w item cloning :D ) they were easier :confused: i also beat omega weapon in ff 8, it used one terra break before he died..i had auto duel on, thats why "armageddon fist" didnt work...
maybe someday ill make and rpg where characters max hp is 99,999 and max mp is 9,999, and the final boss has 3,000,000 hp :D

so, all in all , i was a tad dissapointed with the weapons...even though that makes me sound kinda snobby..sorry! ^^; and thats my long weapon explanation...only one try for ruby and two for emerald. (i tried E first, and KOR wasnt leveled up enough.)

go me ! now to play snes rpgs again...

ShadowHeart
09-20-2005, 05:15 AM
You know, you CAN fight Ruby with all 3 party members left in the battle the whole time if you want ;)

But anyway, nice work :)

Luis
09-20-2005, 04:40 PM
You impressed me guy. I beat Ruby once but I can't remember how I did it :D Do you say there is a cinematic ending when you kick emerald's ass? By the way, is there a weapon in ff8?? I can't remember it!!

ShadowHeart
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, in FF8 there is Ultima and Omega Weapon.

Totorosama
09-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry, but I forget. Which disk is this in again? Or more specifically, where does this take place in the story? I haven't played FFVII for too long...

Zeromus_X
09-21-2005, 12:32 AM
emerald is disc two, after the submarine mission. ruby is disc three, after you beat ultima weapon :)
by cinematic, i meant it was fancy, like a real fight. :D like the battle with cloud and sephiroth in the ending. (did that make sense?)

gcarev10
10-06-2005, 07:51 PM
bloode ultima and bloode x2 chocobo

Spiff
10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I really never found the wall boss to be that hard, but I always had trouble with Rapps. Life is harder without materia.

Zeromus_X
10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
i used the magic items(swift bolt, malboro tentacles, etc.) they seemed to work well. :)

Spiff
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
He almost always seems to get me with that Aero 3 immediately. Thinking about that right this second, that might be a counter attack. :(

steviepimpin
10-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Emerald weapon is the toughest boss in ff7 easily

~Hidan~
10-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Emerald is the hardest I think. Ruby only takes a couple of rounds to kill if you do it right, but emerald is a little tougher, if you dont have the exact stuff with you.

ShadowHeart
10-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Ruby and Emerald are the thoughest, of course, but everyone knows that ;) It's more fun discussing which of normal bosses are most difficult, cause it seems almost everyone has had trouble with at least one of them at some point :)

Mong00se
10-15-2005, 11:33 AM
The way I defeated Rapps was to have two characters to heal, and then one to charge limits. I'm pretty sure I just had Cloud level up his limit until he could Climhazard.

Lost Number is always hard because you try to face him really early. I mean, who doesn't want Odin?!?! The key to him though is to go on the offensive when he's weak to magic (if your party are magic users) or when he's weak to physical (if you're attackers) and then heal/recoup when he transforms.

Materia Keeper is really annoying because of Trine, and the monsters in that area are really hard to try and lvl up on. I think I killed him once again by saving limit breaks and hitting him as hard as I could as fast as I could.

Demon Wall, now here's where things get tricky. Who actually uses Aeris?? Exactly, nobody. Therefore having her in your party is like fighting Demon Wall with 2 party members. Not to mention that his stalagmite attack and his bum rush attack both inflict upwards of 1000 damage of your whole party, usually killing Aeris in one shot anyways. also, materia does jack-all to it besides maybe Odin and Bahamut. The other summons do less than 500 damage. I really have no strat for this, except keep reseting your game :P.

To add one, depending on my playthrough and who I was using, sometimes Dyne was just too much for Barret to handle. Even when Barret was in my party, he would wait until Dyne gave him limit, and then blast away with some sort of limit break. Either way, not the easiest guy I found.

ShadowHeart
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Demon Wall - Using Big Guard/Barrier and back row should keep you safe :)

Zeromus_X
10-15-2005, 02:43 PM
ya know...aerith's 1/2(i think) limit, seal evil, is actually pretty good. :) it works well on some bosses too!

Xartex
10-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Well, I must say that i think the Demon Wall is the hardest, pretty enoying but when you learn how to fight him or level up like crazy (thats what i usually do), he's not that hard, in fact, no boss is that hard then. Another boss that I find annoying is Godo, usually do him on the first disc, directly after you get the tiny bronco, can be pretty hard then... i mean, Yuffie alone, when you don't use her, that's pretty hard

gcarev10
10-16-2005, 03:07 PM
all wapon

Bahamut Ultima
10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
You know, you CAN fight Ruby with all 3 party members left in the battle the whole time if you want ;)

But anyway, nice work :)

How???

~Hidan~
10-27-2005, 09:04 PM
The weapons are easy as long as you know what you need to kill them.. haha

ShadowHeart
10-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Bahamut Ultima, just enter battle with only 1 character alive. Ruby will start by putting his claws into the ground, then you revive the other 2 and voilá, you fight Ruby with 3 characters. He won't do the whirlsand thing if his claws are in the ground.

Not sure what happens if you kill his claws, if he can use the whirlsand attack then, because I've never killed his claws :)

ff7Alexander
11-28-2005, 10:31 PM
the Emerald weapon i guess. i have no idea how i beat it tho.

ff7Alexander
11-28-2005, 10:34 PM
The ruby weapon was a piece of cake.

ff7Alexander
11-28-2005, 10:54 PM
ruby weapon is easy as [edited out]. kill two of your people before entering battle,wait for him to stike his hands in the sand, then bring back your two dead people becaues then he can't use that [edited out] sand attack on you, and then use knight of the around about 8-10 times and he is dead. easy as that. need any help e-mail me

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 06:24 AM
ruby weapon is easy... kill two of your people before entering battle,wait for him to stike his hands in the sand, then bring back your two dead people becaues then he can't use that freakin sand attack on you, and then use knight of the around about 8-10 times and he is dead. easy as that. need any help e-mail me

Pretty much how I did it too - several times. I think I only used H.C.'s method once (and decided that was enough) - sorry hun ;)

I found Emerald to be the more difficult one.

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Lost Number caused problems for me my first time at least, because I had never fought him and hadn't read anything about it.. so I ended up with his physical form and I don't think I I survived it (he can after all, one-hit kill all your party members if you're not in the back row and/or have barrier active). Since then I always make sure to get his magical form, and finish him with limits. But yeah, if you fight him as soon as possible, and you don't know anything about the fight before-hand, he may very well be trouble.

Ah yes, Rapps. I know that Aero3 whopped me nicely the first time through, but I can honestly not remember ever losing that fight. I tend to level quite a bit though.

Shadowheart - I had a much easier time with Lost Number this last pass through. He is, after all, suseptible to stop. Just hit him with choco mog a few times and...WHAMMIE!!!

WhiteMageOWNS
11-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Wow....you guys do it the hard way huh?

Pheonix - Final Attack Level 5 on both....ON ALL THREE CHARACTERS

KoTR - Final Attack Level 5 on both .... All CHARACTERS

MIME - ALL CHARACTERS

Go in with only cloud alive....
Cast Knights.....he counters ultima....you might live....you might die.....dun know.
you live do it again....die....rez....knights mime mime..
and again and again consideirng you will have final attacks of knights....then pheonix....15 times....he dies rather quick...
KK GG Pro Players only please

ff7Alexander
11-29-2005, 07:43 PM
i use Pheonix - Final Attack,mine,andknights of around.i have no trouble doing it the way i do it.

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Ok,.. I think this thread is dead. Ruby is pretty simple with this method. The combination of KoTR and Final Attack materia paired w/Phoenix is a winner.

All that's left afterwards is Killing Sephiroth with a Omnislash :D

ShadowHeart
11-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I've never equipped Final Attack vs Ruby Weapon. It's redundant, I don't ever need it..

Gumdrop
11-30-2005, 11:41 AM
I've never equipped Final Attack vs Ruby Weapon. It's redundant, I don't ever need it..

I think i have, useful back up, Angel Whisper is great though if you don't mind wasteing a few turns :)
Guess it depends how confident you are with these things..

Phoenix Flame
11-30-2005, 03:20 PM
I forget, Angel Whisper is a Enemy Skill? Or what?

If it is, where do you learn it @ ?

Gumdrop
11-30-2005, 04:47 PM
It is an enemy skill, it resurects one character with full HP for not too much MP :)
You can learn it off the ladies that live down the Northern Creater, all you have to do is manipulate one. You know where theres a fork in the road when you're heading for Sephiroth and you have to split up your party? The ladies hang out down the path to the right.

ShadowHeart
11-30-2005, 11:47 PM
With Hades, Ruby won't even get to attack you, andtherefore even less so kill you, hence Final Attack is redundant ;)

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2005, 06:12 AM
It is an enemy skill, it resurects one character with full HP for not too much MP :)
You can learn it off the ladies that live down the Northern Creater, all you have to do is manipulate one. You know where theres a fork in the road when you're heading for Sephiroth and you have to split up your party? The ladies hang out down the path to the right.

Thanks a lot Heavens Cloud. Do you know where a lot/all of them are? I'd really like to learn em all this play thru

Gumdrop
12-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Yup I know where they all are :)
Just tell me which ones you have and I'll tell you what your missing.

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Yup I know where they all are :)
Just tell me which ones you have and I'll tell you what your missing.

I'm actually missing most of em - maybe it'd be best if I looked them up online. I'm only on the second disk though.
I have: Death force
flamethrower
matra magic
magic breath
aqua lung
trine
countdown
I think that's it. I have my work cut out for me : )

Gumdrop
12-01-2005, 04:41 PM
lol..I expected you'd have more, probibly easily find the list online ;)

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
lol..I expected you'd have more, probibly easily find the list online ;)

Yeah... I haven't spent a lot of time looking. NEVER did actually. So that's one thing I wanted to do this game thru. I'll look online. Thanks Doll. ;)

Max the Man
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM
With Hades, Ruby won't even get to attack you, andtherefore even less so kill you, hence Final Attack is redundant ;)
Hades works on ruby weapon? kool *did not know that*

ShadowHeart
12-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Only the Stop part of Hades work on Ruby afaik (and it always work), but that's the sole reason I use it on him. Means he can't counter, or act at all for that matter.

Phoenix Flame
12-02-2005, 05:05 AM
Only the Stop part of Hades work on Ruby afaik (and it always work), but that's the sole reason I use it on him. Means he can't counter, or act at all for that matter.

<Gasps> you mean I never figured that out?! :confused:
Well you can't know everything. :)

:cool:

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Bahamut Ultima, just enter battle with only 1 character alive. Ruby will start by putting his claws into the ground, then you revive the other 2 and voilá, you fight Ruby with 3 characters. He won't do the whirlsand thing if his claws are in the ground.

Not sure what happens if you kill his claws, if he can use the whirlsand attack then, because I've never killed his claws :)

Correction Shadowheart - he RARELY uses the quicksand attack! Even though I used dazers on him and tried very hard only to use 4x attack and mime for the other person w/other party member using dazers on him - he still found time to get off a quicksand attack...I think it was more of an actual attack than like a counter, but I can't be sure. But yeah. Both weapons went down like chumps! I Beat Ruby first and then went on to Omnislash Emerald to shreads right afterwards. I DID have to use Final attack + Pheonix once though. :o

ShadowHeart
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Ruby has never ever used the whirlsand attack on me after I revived the 2 dead characters... and I've fought him countless times. Maybe I'm just lucky..

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Ruby has never ever used the whirlsand attack on me after I revived the 2 dead characters... and I've fought him countless times. Maybe I'm just lucky..

You know...it was odd. He still had his tenticles in the ground and was casting Ultima for a counter once in a while - then out of nowhere he uses quicksand and swallows up Barrett. I was kinda shocked - and pissed. But hey, who knows.

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2005, 10:02 PM
That's almost word for word...I've never used the counter-mime combination...does it really work for limit breaks???

Squall Leonhart
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
You should beat the chesse WEAPON now.

Zeromus_X
01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
or perhaps chocobo weapon :D

but on a serious note, once i beat tantarian and ozma, ill have beaten all of the ff super mega bosses for the playstation games. (although i dont know if a "weapon"-like boss exists in ffX, ive heard of something called penance-with like 10,000,000 hit points :eek: -but ive heard hes only in the pal version.)

but...whats a pal version? :confused:

but anyway.....these "weapon" kind of super bosses are very fun :p (if not hard most of the time.)

oh yeah, and i have to beat warmech in ff1 too...

Squall Leonhart
01-04-2006, 03:30 AM
but...whats a pal version? :confused:

Thats the version in Europe. There's a NA.(north america)the J.(Japan) and the PAL.(I have no idea what PAL stands for :p ) You could try Nemesis He is in all 3 versions I think.

ShadowHeart
01-04-2006, 07:18 AM
NTSC is the TV system used in the US and Japan. PAL is the TV system in almost the entire rest of the world.

NTSC = National Television Standards Committee
PAL = Phase Alternating Line

Tiny Bronco
01-17-2006, 06:22 PM
To answer Zero's question you need a turbo controller and set the auto fire on square or u could just tap square really fast. This Also works in the Battle Arena to slow down the disabilitys or with Tifa's LIMIT Breaks. :D

Tiny Bronco
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
To beat the weapons I just followed A good GAMEFAQS.com guide that I slightly modefied. I was kinda dissapointed in how easy it was though. I waited until my levels were 82 which is why it was so easy. Next time i'll try it around 65. The MASTER MATERIA ROCKS when you beat Emerald though that sheild materia is a bit to good. :)

Wow that's a bunch of words :eek: Anywho congratulations Zero on beating the Weapons. By the way that bit about the TV above was interesting and I didn't know you could beat Ruby with all your party members. Thanks.

Squall Leonhart
01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Ruby and Emerald are the thoughest, of course, but everyone knows that ;)

No the cheese WEAPON is EVERYBODY knows that :)

Tiny Bronco
01-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Ahh yes, the Cheese weapon!!! I'm suprised no one mentioned the 4 or so bosses you fight at the beginning when you are storming the Shinra headquarters.
Rufus, those two ones Barret and the rest fight on the elevator and then that giant road thing. Rufus is easy for Cloud, but the elevator is hard because you have to use long range attacks only and u fight two bosses in a row. Then there's the bike chase which weakens your party and then the Road boss that uses fire and physical attacks. All of this so early in the game, right after you fight your way through the Shinra Headquartes, and so little breaks. Yikes.
:eek:

EDIT: Also when you parachute into Midgar and Fight Hojo after he injected himself with Jonova cells is really hard, but i really like that part. Jenova Cells Rock. I wish i had some.

Cloud101
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM
The key to beating ruby weapon is the HP<>MP materia. And, dont fotget to have a MASTERFinalAttack-MASTERLife, combination. And as many counterattack-deathblow, combinations as possible. And maybe, some MPand HPup materia.Oh I almost forgot, kill whatever teammates are with cloud so that you know that you will be able to fight with cloud, I know it's tempting, but whatever you do, DO NOT RESURECT YOUR TEAMMATES!!! Follow this and with some patience, you will be victorius!

Tiny Bronco
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Rubys an easy level up or two and I always resurect my teammates. There is know reason not to besides the small Small chance he will swallow them up in sand or whatever. Its worht the risk to get your other characters up a level. I used to think Emerald Weapon was tough but that was when I was following guides on how to beat him. I like to wing it with Emerald. Makes it a challenge. A fun way to kill him is without using mime. A whole lot more satisfing when you win.

ShadowHeart
01-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I always ressurrect my 2 dead party members against Ruby, and I have never EVER had problems due to it. And I've beaten Ruby countless times..

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Ruby's fun...just takes a little while unless you fully (or near max) leveled up.

Tiny Bronco
02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I agree with Zero (his post is at the top of this page. To stupid to make a quote box.:o) Aeris's limits are great. That Firebrand one that gives your other characters there limits! Youch!!! Or the one that makes you glow yellow and become invincible for a while!!! :D :D :D

jessek705
02-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Here is the link to a movie showing the emerald dieing in a 1min 18 sec its in japanese :p
Emerald Death 1:18 (http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%20 1.18%20min).rmvb) 6.68MB

Oh and just for fun a movie showing emerald dying souly to a lvl 7 Tifa
lvl 7 Tifa defeats Emerald (http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(US)%20LV7%20Tifa%20vs.%20Emerald%20Weapon %20(Solo%20Victory).wmv) 12.2MB

Enjoy! :cool:

Tiny Bronco
02-04-2006, 11:52 PM
I like the Tifa movie. Makes Emerald seem even easier if thats possible.

jessek705
02-04-2006, 11:57 PM
I was laughing at poor emerald in that movie! It was really sad:p lmao :cool:

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
The Planet's pet getting whipped like that is rather funny.

jessek705
02-05-2006, 12:26 PM
That bloody Materia Keeper in the Nebelheim mountains.....real pain in the neck :mad:

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 01:12 PM
That Giant 3 headed thing is evil. On my first game of FF7 I didn't notice him forever even though hes right there in plain sight. So I was just wandering around that place and getting huge level ups. This made him easy enoff but that Trine hurts.

Zeromus_X
02-05-2006, 06:39 PM
ive seen those movies. they really are a sight to behold arent they? :p

one wonders how many hours that person played to get 8 mastered counters and mimes :eek:

and the level 7 tifa is pretty awesome too.

well, all the videos from holystar are pretty amazing...

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 06:57 PM
That person must have put a lot of Magic Pots in there grave to get that many masters. Either that or use the Debug room which is cheating.

jessek705
02-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes all porbability points to the debug room :D

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 07:23 PM
That place is confusing................................
Way to confusing.

jessek705
02-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Not to some I suppose :rolleyes:

ShadowHeart
02-07-2006, 08:05 AM
one wonders how many hours that person played to get 8 mastered counters and mimes
Lol, I did that (and mastered many many more materias too, like 5-6 Sneak Attacks, Magic Counter, etc..), it doesn't take long to master enough materias when you have double/triple growth weapons in the swamp area in the final dungeon.

jessek705
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
That is a very good point :rolleyes: ....but i cant find that swamp :o Although have done everything else except beat weapons and get KOR :D my plan is to be emerald without KOR and get the master materias for ruby :D

Zeromus_X
02-07-2006, 08:47 PM
i really wanna try that with omnislash though. i can't believe i didn't think of using the special growth weapons ><'; doh!

well, its magic pot hunting season! maybe i'll be able to show all my friends me destroying emerald weapon! (they've never tried it, and still are pretty impressed that i did it, even though i explain that beating the weapons isn't the hardest thing in the world.)

jessek705
02-07-2006, 09:17 PM
ya its not ive come close a few times with only useing a level 3 final attack with a master phoenix but i have 99 megalixers :D so i dont need KOR i need to master my final attack :D ....can some one direct me so I can find the swamp? I cant find it :o

Zeromus_X
02-07-2006, 11:28 PM
the magic pot "swamp" is in the beginning of the left path. you should see two holes on the right side of the wall. you want to go in to the one closest to the entrance. (hoped that explained things...) i guess its kinda hard to see, i only found it on accident on my second play-through. :)

if someone has a map picture or something, can they show it? i'm not so good on describing things.

(oh and btw, the music will change to the music when you went to the crater the first time, after the whirlwind maze. hope that helps a little.)

jessek705
02-08-2006, 12:14 AM
yes :D thanks :cool:

RagnarokClimhazzard
02-09-2006, 01:19 PM
i hated ruby weapon and emerald... they were terrible to me. :P that is, until i leveled up a lot. To me, those were the hardest bosses in the game, surpassing Sephie greatly.

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Sephy was disappointing to me the first time I fought him. He should have another form. And Jenova should be stronger.

Zeromus_X
02-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Sephy was disappointing to me the first time I fought him. He should have another form. And Jenova should be stronger.
thats probably why they added the weapons into later versions :)

after a certain point, sephy becomes no challenge at all. thats why they put the weapons into the game, for a greater challenge.

unfortunatley, you can only fight them once:( then again, they too become easy over time, so you could get unlimited materia and level up to the max too easily if that were the case :D

Tiny Bronco
02-09-2006, 07:59 PM
It would be cool if they had another Weapon. They have Diamond, Ultima, Emerald, Ruby, and that Sea Weapon that gets killed at Juno. It would be cool if that thing really didn't die and was just weakened so you could fight it later. I think its even strongeer than Emerald. To survive two of those shells from that huge cannon plus all that other artillary. That would be a great battle.

Tiny Bronco
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM
In my current FF7 game I just whatched the movie were Ocean Weapon attacks Juno and ends up headless.

This got me thinking. Wouldn't it be cool is somehow this Ocean Weapon regenerated and you could fight it!:eek::cool: I think it would be better than Emerald Weapon because if that thing can survive a shell from the Juno cannon plus all those lasers/missles it has to be strong. Anywho, what would the Ocean Weapon's stats be. And does anyone else think it would be great to fight the Ocean Weapon. (Ocean Weapon is the name I gave it because I don't think it has an official name)

These are the other Weapons...
Ruby Weapon
HP=800,000 MP=2560

Emerald Weapon
HP=1,000,000 MP=100

Diamon Weapon
HP=30,000 MP=30,000

Ultimate Weapon
HP=100,000 MP=400

Ocean Weapon
HP=? MP=?

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, its name is Sapphire WEAPON, but yeah, it'd be really cool to fight it again. Maybe if, far in the future, they really remade FFVII, they'd add him in as a third optional superboss.

Sapphire WEAPON:

Level 99
HP/ 2,000,000
MP/ Infinite

Attacks: Sapphire Ray (Half Max HP damage), Sapphire Star (Status effects), Sapphire Storm (Three thirds Max HP damage), Level X Emit (Party's Average level times hours of play times three? Well, I can't think of a good damaging formula), Sapphire Radiance (9,999 to a party member), Sapphire Vortex (May wipe out party, regardless.)

Meh, I can't think of very good attacks. But you can be sure to be glad they blew its head off with the Sister Ray. :cool:

Tiny Bronco
04-23-2006, 04:38 PM
What would be the attack were it shoots a laser out of its mouth? I thought that was so cool. Saved Tifa. Of course it would absorb water and ice attacks. Fire attacks wouldn't do much either. Lightning would be strong against it. You'd definatly need the Underwater Materia. Maybe if you beat it it would give you a Master Support or Independent Materia. Those would be gooood.

Zeromus_X
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
No, we have to fight it in the crystalline surreal outer space bonus dungeon! Always!! :p

gcarev10
05-03-2006, 06:16 PM
cam some1 say to me how can i beat these wapon with what wapon i mast put opn me ,what equipment.

CloudmasterLv.99
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes that would be a good idea But then just ask them to bring arieth back when she dies

blackadder93
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah it'd be cool.

SethirothVII
05-10-2006, 02:57 PM
the best weapon is ruby and is the hardest to beat as it can eat one of your characters and you dont get him/her back

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 04:52 PM
i was ones beet ruby weapon but i forgat how i do that thing, when u beet that weapon u got that rose thing.

Tiny Bronco
05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
SethirothVIIthe best weapon is ruby and is the hardest to beat as it can eat one of your characters and you dont get him/her back

Kill your other 2 characters before you fight Ruby so you don't have to waste time reseting until only Cloud is left. And Emerald is definatly the hardest to beat. I beat Ruby at level 54. You just have to have the right materia.

When you kill Ruby you get Desser Rose which is exchanged for a Gold Chocobo.(Rather worthless at that point in the game, but O well.)
When Emerald Dies you get Earth Harp which is exchange for the Master Materias.
You can steal Rising Sun from Diamond WEAPON.
When Ultimate WEAPON is beaten you get Cloud's ultamate weapon.
What should you get when you beat Saphire WEAPON? :rolleyes:

I say you should get a micture of all of the stuffs you get from the other WEAPONs. Some kind of Materia like and AP Plus Materia. That would save you a lot of time. Also an armlet or bangle that would be like the Zeidrech, but only with Materia slots.

I'm not sure so what do you think?

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
i think that is not that i was imune on his attack when u desepire( i forgate name) i think that is answer is in equipment what u put on uors character.

Tiny Bronco
05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking, but if you want to know what to equip on your characters for a WEAPON battle go to Gamefaqs.com and look it up.

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 05:21 PM
well thanks hmmm.

wakka
06-21-2006, 12:59 PM
how do u defet the wepon under water :) :) :)

Spec Highwind
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
With a lot of hard work and patience

~Hidan~
06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
You need the underwater materia and a really well setup group. If you have the underwater materia he is really easy, I dont remember where to get it but if you look it up on a FAQ site i'm sure you can find it.

Tiny Bronco
06-21-2006, 04:56 PM
In FF7 to kill Emerald You need to do A Lot of stuffs. You'll need a lot of time. Firstys you'll need he underater Materia which gotten by morphing a ghost ship. (In the underwater Reactor). If you on't have a morph materia(that happened to me once) its okay because its not that hard to kill Emerald in the time limit. Since I'm already tired of typing I'll do it the easy way.

To kill Emerald look it up in the following FAQs.
Try:
Gamefaqs.com
CavesofNarshe.com-------------------------------------These are the best sites. I use them a lot.
FF7Citadel.com

I'd try Gamefaqs.com first because I know it is there. Use the platform jumper to get to PS1. Then FF7 will be the first one in the "most viewed FAQs. You won't even have to search for it. I think the FAQ you will need is called "Weapon Guide" ;)

wakka
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
thank every one i canrtr thank u enough

Staircase
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
get knights of the round table =)

Spec Highwind
06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
??? Isn't that summon ineffective against Emerald?

wakka
06-22-2006, 04:07 PM
thank for ur advice i will use it

Tiny Bronco
06-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Spec3
??? Isn't that summon ineffective against Emerald?

I can't beleive you just said that. KotR is the easiest way to kill Emerald except for using Limits/mime.

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:20 PM
KOR will work on Emerald. Occasionally (doesn't remember what triggers it) he will counter with Aire-Tam Storm, but I don't remember what AI stuff that makes that occur.

Or...get 8 Counter Mimes. :)

wakka
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
thanks a lot i apresiat it

wakka
06-24-2006, 01:54 PM
have u got any more tips any boady cos i need them

dappa
09-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I heard that its superattack air tam storm does 1111 damage for each bit of materia each character has so if you have more than 9 materias equipped you are gonna get hurt by air tam storm. If you equip the mystile to two of your characters and have your luck and speed to 255% sometimes air tam storm misses at least one character.

ALexander
09-25-2006, 10:54 PM
i killed the emerald weapon with 3 master mime,3 master w-summon,3 master knights of round, 3 master final attack,and master phonixs.

Xartex
09-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Another thing u can use is all lucky sevens, some might think of this a cheat, but if u have exactly 7777 health on 1 of your characters at the beginning of battle he will use 64 (think it is 64 anyway, might be another number) consecutive attacks dealing 7777 per attack. after the battle that this is used in your life will go dwon to 1

C_Dub
09-29-2006, 01:23 AM
It was such a hard fight! I could never beat it but my friend said he could do it easy.. beat him in 5 mins there is a lot of strategy in it, and my friend was super fast at attacking...

vacchiano696969
09-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok here is what you really need to do.I have beaten the Emerald weapon over thirty times so pay attention. First go to the underwater reactor in Junon and morph a ghost ship into a "guide book" Then take that to Kalm. (east of Midgar) Find the Kalm traveler, he is in the second story of one of the houses. He will give you the underwater materia. You must have all of these next items to make the fight easy. It takes a long time and a bit of work. You need your partys ultimate weapons and limits, you need final summon materia. Knights of the round, elixers/ ethers, 3 mime materias, and most importantly your team must be in level 99. That means everybody. To get all this stuff cunsult a item guide. Now for the fight. Pair final summon with phoenix. So if all you're people die Phoenix is summoned and everyone comes back with full health. Go into the battle with everyone level 4 limits full and unleash them. Cast Knights and keep on Miming. Heal when nessacery. Use limits, take some names and kick some ass. Tahts all there is to it, but remember you WILL NOT beat him everytime you try. It takes practice, he can still kill me. Be fast and pay attention to your HP/MP. He still won't be easy you need to be fast, but follow these instructions and victory is inevitable. Good-luck buddy and if you or anyone ever needs help with this game, just ask me

blackstar
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine asked me to ask for advice for him on the above stated question.

ultimecia
05-13-2007, 06:00 AM
not much to do with what you asked for but im going to give a definition of all the weapons in FFVII:

Final Fantasy VII
In the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, there are seven Weapon (also spelled WEAPON): Jade Weapon, Sapphire Weapon, Ultimate Weapon, Diamond Weapon, Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, and Omega Weapon. Unlike many games in the series, the Weapon play a major role in the Final Fantasy VII storyline. According to the game, these entities were created by the Planet as self-defense mechanisms to deal with the threat of Jenova, with the exception of Omega, whose purpose is evacuation. However, once Jenova was contained by the Cetra, the Weapon were no longer needed and entered hibernation beneath the ice at the Northern Crater. Jade Weapon is the first to be activated, as a result of the events of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis. Five years later, when Meteor is summoned by Sephiroth, the other fighting Weapon are activated to fulfill the reason of their existence: protecting the Planet by targeting every potential threat to it and "reducing everything to nothingness".[1] Unfortunately, other than Sephiroth, who created the barrier on the Northern Cave to keep the Weapon from him, the ancient monsters saw humans as an equal danger and began attacking humanity as a result. The final Weapon, Omega, is awakened three years after the destruction of Meteor and its fellow Weapon to serve its purpose as an "ark" for the Planet's Lifestream.

Only three Weapon creatures featured in the original Japanese release of Final Fantasy VII; these were the Sapphire, Diamond, and Ultimate Weapon, although others such as the Emerald and Ruby Weapon are briefly visible in the cinematic in which the Weapon are released. The Western release (and the later International release) added the Ruby and Emerald Weapon as optional battles, as well as a mandatory battle against the Diamond Weapon.

Jade Weapon
Jade Weapon appears in the Weapon Mode of Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII. Jade Weapon is the first Weapon to be awakened since the first Jenova incident. It appears in response to the summoning of Zirconiade to destroy the planet. In Weapon Mode, the Turks are charged with not only stopping Zirconiade and Fuhito but Jade Weapon as well. Jade Weapon looks like a hybrid of a blue-green manta ray and a beetle with a sharp and metallic form. It has long pink and grey horns and six arm-like apendages, three on the underside of each fin. Much like Ultimate and Omega Weapon, Jade Weapon is flight-capable. It is unclear whether Jade Weapon is intended to be a part of the larger canon, as it appears only in a special mode independent of the game's storyline.

Sapphire Weapon

Sapphire Weapon in FFVII.Little is known about Sapphire Weapon beyond its destruction at the hands of Shinra at Junon. Much like the Emerald Weapon, Sapphire Weapon is aquatic. Before being destroyed, the Weapon launches an attack on Junon that allows Tifa to escape from an attempted execution. The Weapon is destroyed when its head is blown off after a direct hit at point-blank range from the Junon Cannon, a massive artillery cannon mounted over the town that fires mako-enhanced shells. The name Sapphire is not actually mentioned in the game, but it was confirmed by its database entry in the fourth disk of Final Fantasy VII International and then in an official collectible figurine release.

Ultimate Weapon

Ultimate Weapon in FFVII.Ultimate Weapon (Ultima Weapon in Japanese versions) is an aerial stricking with a body configuration reminiscent of a centaur and a head reminiscent of a dragon. The party's first encounter with Ultimate Weapon is in Mideel, when it attacks shortly after Cloud is discovered there. Following the demise of Diamond Weapon, Ultimate Weapon hovers over a lake near Junon and can be fought by ramming into it with the Highwind. After this, the Weapon flies around the world and must be continually battled—again, by ramming it first—to slowly deplete its HP. Eventually, Ultimate Weapon hovers over Cosmo Canyon after flying over Junon and Fort Condor, where it can finally be defeated. Cloud receives his eponymous Ultima Weapon from the battle and the shallow crater formed by Ultimate Weapon's plunge allows the player to gain entrance to the Ancient Forest without the aid of a chocobo.

In the capability of being constantly battled by the player, this Weapon shares a trait with the boss Death Gaze from Final Fantasy 6.

When Ultimate Weapon is defeated, the player is able to fight Ruby Weapon, which has partially emerged from the desert floor in Gold Saucer.

Diamond Weapon

Diamond Weapon in FFVII.Diamond Weapon (Diamo Weapon in Japanese versions) is a land-based Weapon that emerges from the ocean and begins to travel towards the city of Midgar. The party intercepts the Weapon and engages it in combat. Despite being "defeated", the Weapon simply walks away, apparently unfazed, "sensing murder". A short time later, Shinra fires the Sister Ray, the mako-powered energy beam cannon recently relocated to Midgar from Junon, at the energy barrier Sephiroth erected around the Northern Crater - while the Diamond Weapon stands directly between. Sensing the incoming blast, the Diamond Weapon fires a barrage of energy bolts at the beam's origin, though obviously too late. The Weapon's energy bolts strike the Shinra building, incinerating the upper levels and injuring Rufus Shinra. Meanwhile, the Sister Ray's beam destroys the Weapon and neutralizes Sephiroth's barrier.

Ruby Weapon

Ruby Weapon in FFVII.Ruby Weapon is a fire-based Weapon added to the North American and International versions of Final Fantasy VII. It can be found in the Corel desert near Gold Saucer after Ultimate Weapon's defeat. To initiate battle, the player must run into the Ruby Weapon's innocent looking head, slightly above the sand, with either the Highwind or a Golden Chocobo. Among its many abilities are the magic spells Ultima, Comet2 and a variety of status effects inflicted by its tentacles. It also possesses a technique, Whirlsand, that will completely remove one character per casting from the entire battle until only one remains. It drops the Desert Rose, an item that can be traded to the treasure collector in Kalm for a Golden Chocobo. The Golden Chocobo given by the old man is an extremely ineffective Golden Chocobo (being very slow and have very little stamina).

Emerald Weapon

Emerald Weapon in FFVII.Emerald Weapon is an aquatic Weapon added to the North American and International versions of Final Fantasy VII. It meanders about the waters between the two main continents and can be fought after the player gains access to a Shinra submarine. A special materia called Underwater is necessary to remove a 20-minute timer that represents inability to breathe underwater. The Emerald Weapon has two "eyes" on each shoulder that act independently of the Weapon. One of its more noteworthy attacks is Aire Tam Storm (Aire Tam is Materia spelled backwards), which does 1,111 damage to each party member for every piece of Materia they have equipped. Upon its defeat, Emerald Weapon drops the Earth Harp, which can be traded in Kalm for three pieces of "Master" materia.

Omega Weapon
Omega Weapon is the final and most powerful Weapon to be activated and appears in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. It has a humanoid torso with four feather-blade wings and three segmented tentacles from the waist down. The wings glow and further extend and become longer than Omega itself when it is departing to the void of space. While the other Weapon creatures were made to protect the Planet, Omega was made to absorb the Lifestream and unite all life on the Planet into itself, before departing for another world to transplant the Lifestream.

Omega Weapon in Dirge of Cerberus-Final Fantasy VIIHowever, it can only be activated when the Planet detects its end is near. In Dirge of Cerberus, the Deepground SOLDIERs intended to activate Omega, using the research provided by Grimoire Valentine. However, Vincent Valentine held the key item to that plan, the ProtoMateria that grants control of Chaos, Omega's "squire to the lofty heavens". It is Chaos' duty to act as the harvester of life when the end comes, by destroying all of the planet's lifeforms, thus returning all spirit energy to the Lifestream so that it may be absorbed into Omega. Omega and Chaos have been described as brothers who are the anti-thesis of one another, a concept that is somewhat similar to Cloud and Sephiroth.

In the course of Dirge of Cerberus, the Tsviet Weiss became one with Omega as Vincent is to Chaos. However, due to Nero integrating with Weiss prior to it, Omega became corrupted. As Vincent travels inside Omega he is able to defeat Weiss, causing Omega to begin leaving the Planet with what little lifestream it managed to obtain. However, Vincent, using the power of Chaos, is able to neutralize Omega in a final all-or-nothing attack, returning both spiritual beings to the Planet until they are truly required.
[quote from wikipedia]

dappa
06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Hmmmmm, Emerald weapon:

I'd level up as high as possible if you are gonna try to defeat it. Final attack materia linked with phoenix or life three is useful. counter mime on everyone using kotr is very useful. Just hammer away at it with limits, spell etc and heal your party when needed.

Underwater materia is a must too.

Another way to avoid his super attack 'air tam storm' is to get your luck stat to 255 and your defense % stat to around 70%. You will find air tam storm will miss your party quite alot should you be unlucky enough for it to attempt that attack on you.

I could sit here for ages explaining the loads of different ways I have defeated it but am not as I cant be bothered

Tifa-chan
06-04-2007, 06:31 PM
I just barley beat Dimond weapon and it took me a few tries. Mind you I am only a level 60 at presents, so keep at it make sure you have lots of summons and phenoix downs along with other potions and you should be okay. Also make sure to put your party members in the back row to help minamize damage resived.

dappa
06-04-2007, 07:06 PM
dont you mean emerald weapon? I found diamond weapon easy to defeat.

Winterkill
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I've never been able to actually beat Emerald weapon, but I know you have to get the underwater materia from the ghost ship..which I THINK is at the underwater reactor..not sure....you have to morph it into a book, and bring it to someone * i cant remember who..i think the Kalm traveler*, and he gives you the underwater materia. You should use Mime and KOTR. I know emerald weapon zaps your magic points away like nothing. and I think its ruby weapon that counters KOTR with Ultima. good luck!!

dappa
06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
When emerald weapon opens his arms and lets off its eight attacks against your party it will after the eight attacks have finished sometimes unleash its super attack 'air tam storm'

From what I have noticed if your keep attacking it with Knights of Round it is more likely to use this devastating attack as its ninth attack when his arms are opened regardless of wether you have destroyed all the canons on his arms

zen la
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I used w-summon knights the round with cloud and then mimic all the time if you have hp absorb you are healled each move you take simple if you get it all sorted have max hp too with a few mstered hp+

dappa
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Thats what I do for when I fight ruby weapon. I take it you are talking about emerald weapon Zen la?

zen la
07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
well not just emerald ruby aswell this method works for both it is kick ass it works pretty much anything

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Aren't there far fewer options to pwning Ruby then there are Emerald?

Shinra Soldier 1
08-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Ruby weapon was one of the hardest, I never did defeat him, kinda ticked me off. It took me two years of off and on play, a walkthrough, and a gameshark to even beat the game. Good luck.

dappa
11-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Its been mentioned before in this thread, that ruby weapon is vulnerable to the stop status, if he is stopped he cant do much to your party, the hades summon has a good probability of inflicting the stop status on him.

And try not to complete this game using gamesharks!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix Flame
12-22-2007, 06:43 AM
'Complicate'?! Whaa?!

I dunno what you're talking about fine sir *whistles some more* XD;

Nothing wrong with 'sharkin every now and again...especially after you've done gone through the game 8 or so times and gotten everything it has to offer. x3

The only think I'd really use it for at this point is just to get all the materias off the bat....or the weapons/accessories and such.

Anyway, back to the conversation.

The only way I've ever beat him was via gameshark x3, or legitimately by being on/close to level 99, having two of my party members killed when the battle starts, then by using (I think! It's been a while) a combination of Hero Drinks to raise your attack, Double-cut materia, Hades - MAYBE, and/or KOTR summon. It still takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to kill him even if you're NOT using KOTR because of his high defense and HP.

dappa
12-22-2007, 10:13 PM
lol, sharking is ok if you've cleared the game before, but not ok in my opinion to first time players. My gameshark has been gathering dust for years now as i rarely use it lol.

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2007, 05:34 AM
I just used mine for Dragon Quest VIII. XD; It's sweet starting with all the best equipment/items off the bat.

...not too challenging afterwards though. ._.;

strife
09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
I've scoured the net and tried various metholds I've found on it to beat ruby weapon but nothing has worked. I get killed every time :D.

Has anyone here managed to beat it and if so how?

I've played the game through about 10 times and would love to just once do it completly with nothing left undone. I've not managed to beat emerald weapon either but think I've figured that one out. Ruby weapon just defeats me every time.

The way I beat Ruby was to give one character w-summon, quadra-magic linked with master-summon, and give the other two characters mime. Then use quadra-hades and knights of the round and mime it repeatedly. Hades will paralyze and poison Ruby so he can't counter-attack. It takes a while, but you can do it without having problems.

As for Emerald, don't equip more than 5 or so materia on each player, then use the 7777 trick. That takes down like 3/4 of his hit points.

clief101_
09-27-2009, 01:58 PM
i didnt have any stragaties for eother of them. well kinda?

for ruby i killed 2 characters before i went into battle. made sure i had final attack and pheonix. then i jus KotR his ass till cloud died, hoping id have enough MP left to use pheonix, then jus tried miming KotR with my character that had mime, and hoping to stay alive as long as i could till he died.

i did the same thing with emerald, 'cept i hade a full living party at the start of the battle....took me a couple of tries (by couple i mean about 15) on each before they finaly died

rissole25
10-17-2009, 07:55 AM
i didnt have any stragaties for eother of them. well kinda?

for ruby i killed 2 characters before i went into battle. made sure i had final attack and pheonix. then i jus KotR his ass till cloud died, hoping id have enough MP left to use pheonix, then jus tried miming KotR with my character that had mime, and hoping to stay alive as long as i could till he died.

i did the same thing with emerald, 'cept i hade a full living party at the start of the battle....took me a couple of tries (by couple i mean about 15) on each before they finaly died

thats exactly what i did...i finid it useless how you get the desert rose & that gets you a gold chocobo...i use a gold chocobo to run into ruby so i was sorta angry when i got the gold chocobo :(

TherathxRikku
10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
So far, the hardest boss was Aps from the sewer, I forgot to equip Fire and it cost me 13 potions. xD

rissole25
10-27-2009, 06:20 AM
So far, the hardest boss was Aps from the sewer, I forgot to equip Fire and it cost me 13 potions. xD

lol i found Rapps harder than Aps. I went to Wutai straight after i got the Bronco and didn't realise i was under-levelled till i faced him. I hated Aero3...such a pain.

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, I know to expect the worst from Wutai. If I didn't already. >_> (Yuffie)

I wanna know the name of the two robots on the elevator when you escape Shinra. They killed me twice cause I kept forgetting to give Red XII and Aerith spells so they DO SOMETHING. >_>

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
OMG!! i hated those 2 machines!! the first time i ever played the game, I COULDNT GET PAST THE SECOND 1!! pissed me off soooo much!!

and also dyne the first time i played was just impossible!!

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Bolt helped a BUNCH! lol Cure can also save you lots. I just wish I had more Phoenix Downs, cause I barely won. .__.

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:55 AM
haha, biggest pain in the butt!! iv beaten the midgar zolom, and crossed the marsh without a chocobo without fightn it aswell lol

rissole25
10-28-2009, 10:59 PM
lol i loved trying to get across the marsh without a chocobo. I also hated Materia Keeper and Demon Wall. Man, the first time i played it. I couldn't get passed them for ages.

TherathxRikku
10-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I remember Demon Wall from XII, still can't beat that thing. >_>

rissole25
10-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I got stuck on it for a while. I found the first one harder then the second one. I just trained in Yenta-Ursa (I think its called that) for a while.

clief101_
10-30-2009, 01:14 AM
first time i played VII i got to the demon wall and couldnt get past it. i managed to beat it once, then i turned to stone jus as he was fading away and i got a gameover!! grr, made me so mad, it was like my 20th try

rissole25
10-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Aww I would be so angry if that happened. Did you get Game Over after the item screen or was it just after he vanished?

clief101_
10-30-2009, 05:03 AM
as he was fading i turned to stone right? i didnt get the winning battle music....it went to the game over screen....i swear i couldv thrown my controller at the tv for that, was so unfair. it took me like 4 climhazzards and everything!!

rissole25
10-30-2009, 08:37 AM
That sucks big time. I probably would've snapped my controller, I woulda been so angry.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 03:33 AM
I remember that happening to me when I was fighting some boss on X, it was the ultimate Behemoth boss in the Arenas and he used Meteor after struggling to kill him for an hour. Unfortunately, that still counts as a K.O....

rissole25
10-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Tch, shoulda used Auto-Life or Auto-Phoenix. Did you eventually beat him?

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 09:55 PM
It was a long time ago when I thought my party was badass. lol

I beat him eventually, I wouldn't have been able to fight Nemesis if I didn't.

clief101_
11-01-2009, 11:13 AM
i hate the really big struggle bosses....ull like think ur good at the game, then WHAM!! a boss kills u 20 time..then u ALMOST beat him while battling for like an hour, then u die and he's got like 500HP left coz uve been counting and scanning (sense) him the whole time, proly wasting turns that u should b using to kill him, but u have to know how close u r....worst times in FF lol

TherathxRikku
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
And every other video game.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 12:07 AM
lol, yes true that. i found the boss before u get into the submarine a lil difficult aswell, kept throwing my cloud away!!

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Haven't made it that far yet, I'm just now on the ship after Junon.

rissole25
11-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Lol I kept dying at Ultimate Weapon (the one that gives you Ultima Weapon) for a while in Mideel. When it used Ultima Beam i was toast.

And when I first fought Ruby, I thought 'hmm, i think i can beat this'...man i was wrong when he quicksanded my two characters away.

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 05:10 AM
I thought I could whip Midgar Zolom till it ejected my characters in the beginning of the battle. >_>

rissole25
11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
I could never find chocobo's there. It took me ages till i found one so i could cross the marsh

clief101_
11-02-2009, 06:07 AM
u seem to be coasting through there therath, had any difficulties yet? yeah, the 1st time i played i tried to kill the midgar zolom, now that i think about it, im glad he kicked a player out of the battle, otherwise i woulda bin game over :(

i didnt know wat the hell ruby weapon was wen i saw it, so i decided to fly into it, then it went into a battle, and i thort i was uber strong.....i was mistaken....that took me a LONG time to beat him. id fight him for a while, then go away and lvl up....come back.....and was still getting nowhere. i found emerald easier to beat...it only took me about 3 goes when fightin seriously, otherwise i jus went in with the attitude of, im guna die, but who cares? lol

ultimate weapon was a push over, i ws disapointed with that...but glad coz i got ultima weapon fast lol

the first time i ever played i got stuck on the first jenova encounter, on the ship ur on therath. its not that hard really, just that i was new to te whole FF world and wasnt sure wat i was doing. she kept stopping me and lazering me....sad :(

rissole25
11-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Lol. I just did the Mime/KOTR method to beat both. But I must admit that Emerald was easier.

I saw a video in youtube that shows Vincent & Barret go over the damage limit. It can only be done with them because everyones weapons are powered by there health except theres. Vincent's is powered by how many kills you have & Barret's is powered by how much AP is in his weapon so like you'd put materia with high AP in it (KOTR etc.).

Anyway, in the vid they were LV 99. There normal attacks did 9999. Even Morph as well. Anyway, this guy gave them hero drinks and berserked them to up there attack. Eventually when they attacked, wierd symbols would appear where the numbers would appear. This killed them straight away, no matter the HP.

One of the comments said that the game can't handle having so much damage that it goes over and sets the HP limit of the enemy to 0, thus making it defeated. This can be done on Emerald but not Ruby.

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
That's absolutely awesome. lol

clief101_
11-02-2009, 07:27 AM
everyone says that emerald is harder, but i disagree i think ruby is

i would like to try that technique...but cant realy be bothered lol

rissole25
11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Doing it with Vincent would take months of gameplay to do. Barret would be easier to do it with.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 07:58 AM
why would it take months?

rissole25
11-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Because I think its the kills that Vincent gets. Im not sure though. But for it to work you have to get your kills up high in like the 60000's i think.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 08:05 AM
oh yeah, well that makes sense....that would take a long time wouldnt it

rissole25
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Yea. The guy had 99:99:59 on his time. But he said that he had a turbo controller so he didn't have to press anything or do anything.

clief101_
11-02-2009, 08:22 AM
i have that as my time aswell....turbo controllers suck, u dont do anything, its kinda like cheating.

rissole25
11-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Yea i guess, but if you want something to keep going while your gone then its good.

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Didn't know there was a limit to the time log. .__.

rissole25
11-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Well I don't think they'd expect anyone to play for that long.

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 08:09 PM
That makes no sense, I play games till they break, I like to get my money's worth out of stuff. lol That's why I've logged over 220 hours into Dissidia already.

rissole25
11-04-2009, 04:17 AM
Well it depends on the game for me. FF7 was more of a story so once I completed it and did all the sidequests, i stopped playing it. I mean I'm gonna play it again but just not now.

Whereas Dissidia is more of a fighting game then a story game so you can keep playing it and get different outcomes.

clief101_
11-04-2009, 09:34 PM
i think all games before VIII have the time log go up 99:99?

fair enough if u wana still do stuff when ur gone and use a turbo controller, but i feel more satisfied wen i actualy put in the time to do things, and not a controller...

TherathxRikku
11-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Turbo = Fail

rissole25
11-05-2009, 04:05 AM
I don't have a turbo controller. I have a wireless though but I don't use it.

clief101_
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
lol, jus the good normal controllers are all u need XD

did any1 find gi ghost hard if u dont use an x-potion on it and actualy fight it? ive heard that a pheonix downs works on it aswel, but havnt tried it

TherathxRikku
11-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Square put another pathetic boss in another game??? Evrae Altenae was embarrassing, don't do it again, Square!!! T-T

rissole25
11-06-2009, 04:14 AM
I didn't use potions on Gi ghost or anything so it was abit hard.

Lol you'd think that Evrae Altenae would be harder then Evrae. I think I used two pheonix downs cos one did 9999 damage and he has 16000 HP

TherathxRikku
11-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Thus is the stupidity of Zombie status. >_>

rissole25
11-06-2009, 05:10 AM
I'd laugh if when you attacked a zombie staus fiend, it healed it. And the only way to defeat it was to use healing items or to use magic/items to get rid of its zombie status. :D

clief101_
11-07-2009, 07:14 AM
if that happened, i think alot of people would die alot until they figured out it was a zombie....like me XD

TherathxRikku
11-09-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd probably find out because of my repetitive use of slippery fingers..

clief101_
12-19-2009, 06:53 AM
lol, dont u hate that. what i hate the most is when u choose sumthing like curaga, go to heal someone other than the person using it and u try to do it fast, but u hit the wrong arroww key and it goes to the boss, then u quickly press x....coz ur in such a rush u stuff it up and end up healing him....ive dun that many a time :(

rissole25
12-19-2009, 07:10 AM
I've sorta done something like that. I used reflect on the entire party and forgot that I had so I used curaga on someone and it ended up healing the boss. I keep doing it to this day. I feel so dumb when that happens. =P

clief101_
12-19-2009, 11:25 AM
lmao, i do that also....then ill use sumthing like firaga, and reflect has either worn off or the enemy dispelled it just before i cast my spell....sooo not cool

TherathxRikku
12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Or you cast Hastega on someone with Reflect status. >_>

clief101_
12-20-2009, 07:49 AM
haha, also not a good....

i found diamond weapon hard if u just coasted through the game without over lvling up...i died several times

rissole25
12-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I found that and Ultimate weapon hard (when its at mideel). Cid wasn't part of my main party and Tifa was so I only had 1 person who was in my original party fighting Ulitmate weapon.

clief101_
12-20-2009, 08:35 AM
haha, that would suck....but i train everyone equally so it wasnt a problem for me

i found sister ray or wateva it was (the big robot in midgar on disk 2) REALY easy!!