PDA

View Full Version : Military?

Seyluv
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
In a way, well lots of ways I want to join up for the military. But, in some ways I don't. I mean the uniform is ugly, you can only use gun, you can die very easy, road bombs, I guess I'm kinda scared.

Anyway, would any of you join the Military? Why?

Marius
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM
wow thats a tough thing 2 decide but if its what u really want then go 4 it. i never joined the military but i knew someone who did. he joined the navy and he was sent 2 iraq n survived n appeared healthy but mentally he was a complete disaster. n well its a lot of dedication n can really challeng ur virtues as well. but i also kno of others who have come back completely different n with a new respect 4 life n what they value. but unfortunetly 4 my friend well he may need some real help.im sorry i don mean 2 steer u the wrong path follow what feels right 4 u . i kno ur capable of doig n-e-thing u put ur mind 2

Seyluv
05-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Another thing I'm worried about if I lose a leg, my voice, or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't want to go through life like that. And plus the dead bodies you see a lot on the battle field and sometimes you watch your best friend die.

Doctor
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I've decided to join the military later on, but only as a last resort. To put it bluntly, I don't want to go and become a moving target just yet...there are still other things that I would like to try out in life.

But joining the military is a very honorable thing, no matter what kind of Government you live under. (Unless, maybe certain ones...)

And plus, I would gladly die in battle, if it was for a good reason.

Marius
05-09-2007, 02:36 AM
Another thing I'm worried about if I lose a leg, my voice, or something like that. I mean, I wouldn't want to go through life like that. And plus the dead bodies you see a lot on the battle field and sometimes you watch your best friend die.
yes i feel where ur coming from there cuz when i come 2 think of it. maybe all that death n violence made him the way he is. n he couldn't handle himself the way he would b4.:(

Darkreno
05-09-2007, 02:58 AM
oh dang marius i kno who u mean. leeloos father huh? yep the military changed him 4 the worse.he came home more irritable n down right evil. they were 2gether 4 like 7 years i knew marius through 5 of the years.they were always off n on again. the man went mad, i finally stepped in when he started beating up poor marius. like three years ago. he was like a totaly different person i used 2 call him a friend. now thats out the window. it was like everyone was his enemy still like the war was never really over but i believe it just made him disturbed n he ended up taking it on the wrong people.n he paid a huge price 4 it cuz he lost a beautiful lil girl.

Slider
05-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Military training is non-optionnal for me. After I'm done with the academy I will undergo a training program ranging from 1 to 3 years (depends on my luck), that's aside from the mandetory course I recieve at the Academy but it's only for 2 weeks. Women are unaccepted in the army + we don't have any wars going (well except at our shared borders with Israel where they kill our soldiers "accidentaly" every 2 weeks; if they want to get rid of someone they send him to guard there but it still isn't called a war) so we just recieve a training just in case of emergencies.

an sorry crystal, but i don think u'll join ur army when u consider it thouroghly (however it's spelled). Jus remember those words

Anywayz, after i'm done with th training i won't join the army. They are ridiculously paid the worst in here + i'm not eager to carry a weapon yet, i know that war's comin by itself to us; the pharaohs are next after iran and iraq on US's knock-out list. it's only a matter of no more than 10 to 25 years. So for those who'll join the army: if i'm not out of there before then u might c me in person one day ;)

Reasons Why Egypt will be attacked + proofs along the time to ensure you what will happen:
(bolded stuff is future facts :p)

- After several more years of being Egypt's president Hosny Moubarak will eventually leave the world.(that's coz we don have a limit to the times a president can b elected :D)
- Gamal Moubarak son of current president will be elected "democraticly" whilst the people call it heriditary monarchy and become Egypt's next president
- Last year Gamal Moubarak announced his intrest in developping nuclear power in Egypt, when he becomes president -or maybe before it- nuclear reactors will be built in Egypt
- Egypt will be considered a danger by all the other nations (JUST like Iran and Iraq) and problems will keep uprising while the new president will insist on his right (he's not a president an he's ALREADY insistin ;rof)to peacefull nuclear power..........
- we'll keep bein called for havin weapons o'mass destruction, terrorism blablabla; an alliance will come to egypt to secure it ( i say alliance because the nation is the strongest militarily in all the middle-eastern area)

We'll all probably live to see that day, so if i'm not married and out of there when problems start arising.

i'm carryin a weapon to war ;)

blackstar
05-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow thats kinda scary for you slider and i'll be honest i just got the chills when i read that just the thought of seeing the smiling Slider we've come to know carrying a weapon surrounded by dead and dying, explosions and gunfire. I honestly am shakeing right now its something that really scares me to think about happening to you, well to anyone i know it scares me very badly and i hope it never comes to that. I really really do.

Luis
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Military training is non-optionnal for me. After I'm done with the academy I will undergo a training program ranging from 1 to 3 years (depends on my luck), that's aside from the mandetory course I recieve at the Academy but it's only for 2 weeks. Women are unaccepted in the army + we don't have any wars going (well except at our shared borders with Israel where they kill our soldiers "accidentaly" every 2 weeks; if they want to get rid of someone they send him to guard there but it still isn't called a war) so we just recieve a training just in case of emergencies.

an sorry crystal, but i don think u'll join ur army when u consider it thouroghly (however it's spelled). Jus remember those words

Anywayz, after i'm done with th training i won't join the army. They are ridiculously paid the worst in here + i'm not eager to carry a weapon yet, i know that war's comin by itself to us; the pharaohs are next after iran and iraq on US's knock-out list. it's only a matter of no more than 10 to 25 years. So for those who'll join the army: if i'm not out of there before then u might c me in person one day ;)
Reasons Why Egypt will be attacked + proofs along the time to ensure you what will happen:
(bolded stuff is future facts :p)

- After several more years of being Egypt's president Hosny Moubarak will eventually leave the world.(that's coz we don have a limit to the times a president can b elected :D)
- Gamal Moubarak son of current president will be elected "democraticly" whilst the people call it heriditary monarchy and become Egypt's next president
- Last year Gamal Moubarak announced his intrest in developping nuclear power in Egypt, when he becomes president -or maybe before it- nuclear reactors will be built in Egypt
- Egypt will be considered a danger by all the other nations (JUST like Iran and Iraq) and problems will keep uprising while the new president will insist on his right (he's not a president an he's ALREADY insistin ;rof)to peacefull nuclear power..........
- we'll keep bein called for havin weapons o'mass destruction, terrorism blablabla; an alliance will come to egypt to secure it ( i say alliance because the nation is the strongest militarily in all the middle-eastern area)

We'll all probably live to see that day, so if i'm not married and out of there when problems start arising.

i'm carryin a weapon to war ;)

XD Damn!
I'm lucky there's no more compulsory militar service in Spain! Like, I'd like to meet u dude, but not in that situation! XD

You've got a point there Slider. That's the truth. The naked truth.
I was going to send this to Off-Topic, because... being honest, the first post is everything but a serious discussion topic...
In a way, well lots of ways I want to join up for the military. But, in some ways I don't. I mean the uniform is ugly, you can only use gun, you can die very easy, road bombs, I guess I'm kinda scared.

But I think it's become more serious by other people's posts. (Nothing against j00 lady, but you have to admit it!)

I WOULD NEVER join the army. I've got a lot of reasons. I've just written them all, but then I deleted then! XD
It might hurt someone's sensitivity! :eek:

PS: I hope you are outside the country by that time Slider.

Slider
05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Wow thats kinda scary for you slider and i'll be honest i just got the chills when i read that just the thought of seeing the smiling Slider we've come to know carrying a weapon

heh, to be honest the idea gives me the jitters too when i write it

yeh it scares me too

PS: I hope you are outside the country by that time Slider.

i jus hope it doesn have to be that way wether i'm still in or out of Egypt

darkshadow2247
05-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Here's a spin from a guy that's signed up for the United States Marine Corps. (best branch in the world) that's leaving for basic training on June 25, 2007, and has had over 6 family members in various branches in the United States Armed Forces.

Addressing your post concerning the war in Iraq. There are plenty of people tha are in the military than have not seen a grain of sand from Iraq. Just because you join the military does not mean you are getting sent to Iraq. I think it was 85% the troops that are in Iraq have an infantry job. The rest are support soldiers that do not fight, but help from behind the scenes. Yes, in war, people die. We've had less than 3,500 troops total die due to the war. Compared to all the troops that have been sent over and come back, it's around 5%, maybe even less. The odds of you dying are slim. I'm not saying it won't happen, but the odds are slim.

Weaponry. Military weaponry is not limited to guns. That's a huge misconception. Military arsenal holds guns, combat knifes, missiles, tanks, helecopters, air planes, fighter jets, robotics, and other various weapons. Being in the military does not mean you are going to be running around on foot shooting at someone. It may happen; I'm not gonna lie. For all you know, your job specialty may have you 200 miles away from any fighting controlling missiles with precision accuracy.

Besides, if you are that unsure about joining any branch of the Armed Forces, you may as well not even try. You'd probably try to give up, and all branches of service frown upon quitters. If you lack confidence, the military doesn't want you. It's tough. It's mean. But that's the way it is.

Anymore questions you have I'll be glad to answer. I've had family that's been to Iraq and Afghanistan and they've come back safely. I have friends that are currently being trained to fight in Iraq. None of them are scared because they know it's a duty. They know that if they don't go and protect this country, ordinary citizens would have to walk the streets of the USA in fear of being attacked. That's why we have a military - protection.

Luis
05-10-2007, 08:02 AM
I'll answer it by parts, if you don't mind. :)

Here's a spin from a guy that's signed up for the United States Marine Corps. (best branch in the world) that's leaving for basic training on June 25, 2007, and has had over 6 family members in various branches in the United States Armed Forces.

Addressing your post concerning the war in Iraq. There are plenty of people tha are in the military than have not seen a grain of sand from Iraq. Just because you join the military does not mean you are getting sent to Iraq. I think it was 85% the troops that are in Iraq have an infantry job. The rest are support soldiers that do not fight, but help from behind the scenes. Yes, in war, people die. We've had less than 3,500 troops total die due to the war.
You're basically right. I don't know the figures though.

Compared to all the troops that have been sent over and come back, it's around 5%, maybe even less. The odds of you dying are slim. I'm not saying it won't happen, but the odds are slim.
Are you talking about DEATH as an statistic?? :eek:
The death of a single person for wars is a really horrible thing. How can you talk about statistics then?? The fact that it was around 5% does not justify it!
I mean, you've referred to it as if it wasn't that important.

Weaponry. Military weaponry is not limited to guns. That's a huge misconception. Military arsenal holds guns, combat knifes, missiles, tanks, helecopters, air planes, fighter jets, robotics, and other various weapons. Being in the military does not mean you are going to be running around on foot shooting at someone. It may happen; I'm not gonna lie. For all you know, your job specialty may have you 200 miles away from any fighting controlling missiles with precision accuracy.
Military is not about 'Oh great! I'm wearing a gun!'. That's the most stupid and insane thing I can think of. However, you clearly state later that it is a duty. Thus, I'm not sure about what you really believe!

Besides, if you are that unsure about joining any branch of the Armed Forces, you may as well not even try. You'd probably try to give up, and all branches of service frown upon quitters. If you lack confidence, the military doesn't want you. It's tough. It's mean. But that's the way it is.
I have to agree 100% with this.

Anymore questions you have I'll be glad to answer. I've had family that's been to Iraq and Afghanistan and they've come back safely. I have friends that are currently being trained to fight in Iraq. None of them are scared because they know it's a duty. They know that if they don't go and protect this country, ordinary citizens would have to walk the streets of the USA in fear of being attacked. That's why we have a military - protection.

Yes... and no. Everycountry has to have its own army, and I agree it's a duty in the way some people have to do it. The same way as doctors, business, teachers... it's just another profession. So it's a duty, as well as the health, education, and all those other things.
By the other side, I think there's already too much fear in the US streets, due to the 'good' (sarcasm) campaign the news bulletins are doing there, but well... that's not the topic anyway.

Slider
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
They know that if they don't go and protect this country, ordinary citizens would have to walk the streets of the USA in fear of being attacked.

I don mind anythin u said at all................

but say that last part again.......?!!!!

darkshadow2247
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Are you talking about DEATH as an statistic?? :eek:
The death of a single person for wars is a really horrible thing. How can you talk about statistics then?? The fact that it was around 5% does not justify it!
I mean, you've referred to it as if it wasn't that important.

I spoke of death as a statistic in terms of odds of dying in the war. I never said war was a justification for the end of someone's life. I referred to it as if you go to war, you are more than likely going to survive.

Military is not about 'Oh great! I'm wearing a gun!'. That's the most stupid and insane thing I can think of. However, you clearly state later that it is a duty. Thus, I'm not sure about what you really believe!
Again, I was not saying the military is all about guns. Empress stated that you can only use a gun, in which I was calling a false statement. The military isn't limited to only guns as a means of self defense. Refer to my earlier post.

Yes... and no. Everycountry has to have its own army, and I agree it's a duty in the way some people have to do it. The same way as doctors, business, teachers... it's just another profession. So it's a duty, as well as the health, education, and all those other things.
By the other side, I think there's already too much fear in the US streets, due to the 'good' (sarcasm) campaign the news bulletins are doing there, but well... that's not the topic anyway.
Yes, the military is a duty. You aren't required to join as of no for there is no conscription in place. But if no one were to join the military, we'd be over run by other world powers such as Japan or Great Britain. True, it is a profession. But this is one of the few professions in place that just may require you to put your life on the line just to keep complete strangers in place.

Luis
05-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I spoke of death as a statistic in terms of odds of dying in the war. I never said war was a justification for the end of someone's life. I referred to it as if you go to war, you are more than likely going to survive.
I see what you mean. I know you didn't say it was a justification. I just think you could have been more... sensitive about it. :p

Again, I was not saying the military is all about guns. Empress stated that you can only use a gun, in which I was calling a false statement. The military isn't limited to only guns as a means of self defense. Refer to my earlier post.

I get your point.

Yes, the military is a duty. You aren't required to join as of no for there is no conscription in place. But if no one were to join the military, we'd be over run by other world powers such as Japan or Great Britain. True, it is a profession. But this is one of the few professions in place that just may require you to put your life on the line just to keep complete strangers in place.

Yeah, we both agree that's a duty. I said that too.

I don't like the bolded part though. Like, that sounded quite racist for me. Racism against foreign people. I don't think that was what you wanted to transmit either... but well, that was my impression!

Cloud101
05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I thought about it, cause my mom and dad met in the army, I always thought that I would end up in the army, so I really don't know, I mean you know me, I'm not capable of , so I wouldn't be very effective as a foot soldier. I honestly don't know...

darkshadow2247
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't like the bolded part though. Like, that sounded quite racist for me. Racism against foreign people. I don't think that was what you wanted to transmit either... but well, that was my impression!

Racist? No sir. I said complete strangers as in everyone in the United States that you don't know but are protecting. Nothing racist meant by it.

Luis
05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I got your point now.
By the way, how does the process work there? What will you be supposed to do after your training and so on?

darkshadow2247
05-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Well me, specifically, will go to Basic Training. 13 weeks of learning the basics of combat, survival, and knowledge. After that, 21 days of more advanced training that reinforces the basics while administering more advanced technique. Then, for me, 8 weeks of job training. Learning to do my job with top of the line equipment and teachers that are specialized in that field.

The overall systems for all branches of military would be basic training (basics), some type of advanced training (after basic to improve basic skills) and then job training.

blackstar
05-14-2007, 10:23 AM
we'd be over run by other world powers such as Japan
You do know that Japan is a purely defensive military country right?

darkshadow2247
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes, I do know this. Times change, people change, and leaders change. There is no telling with the Japanese military will be like 20 years down the road. Same goes with the American military. Our military force may crumble within the next 20 years.

blackstar
05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Very true, thats a good point.

Fawkes Lament
05-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Well me, specifically, will go to Basic Training. 13 weeks of learning the basics of combat, survival, and knowledge. After that, 21 days of more advanced training that reinforces the basics while administering more advanced technique. Then, for me, 8 weeks of job training. Learning to do my job with top of the line equipment and teachers that are specialized in that field.

The overall systems for all branches of military would be basic training (basics), some type of advanced training (after basic to improve basic skills) and then job training.
I'd personnally go through a week straight of MGS-playing.

BUT, there is no way I'd go to war. For one, I'm underage, and two: I'd need to wait until the FF series is finite... I can't leave any loose ends, y'know?

Slider
05-18-2007, 01:19 AM
dude, this is serious discussion keep it in level

anyone else gets to pick which part/section of the army to join? (infantry tanks and others)

Phoenix Flame
05-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Meh! Slider the topic may be serious, but there's no reason to be so stuffy - don't be too-tough on a n00b XD!

....well I was going to say something about SOLDIER - but now that j00 said that! :rolleyes:

I almost entered the military when I was 21. I changed my mind just before I swore-in >_>

I couldn't see giving the next 4 years of my life up. But that's just me. I was going to join the Air Force FYI. :D

Avathar
05-20-2007, 07:08 AM

I wouldn't. Thank god they called off duty in this country. °_°; Why, well, like reason said, no matter how many years it would take place, I surely would not want to participate war (wether it be just cleaning the hangars OR dismantling bombs), and I don't want to waste any time for something like that. Like my dad said, it were the worse years of his life (yet, rather lucky there wasn't a big war on going at that time).

If there's any form of patriotism left in my body, I'll go express it in an artistic way ~

I find it extremely funny how you summon up all the flaws that come to mind, but no merits. :D Damn that ugly uniform, eh.