PDA

View Full Version : Retro Games thread

dappa
06-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Who loves retro gaming?

Use this thread to discuss old games

Seyluv
06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I love Mario, the super old Castlevania, Zelda, Street Fighter and a few more but I forgot.

I have lots of Midi files of all the old classic battle themes...to bad my computer stop playing midi files. All the game music from the past totally was the best.

dappa
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
My fave retro game is definatley streetfighter 2 or any of the streetfighter 2 series.

I love mario and I loved the gameboy colour versions of legend of zelda

Seyluv
06-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't know the name of this Zelda but I know it was among the first few. It was on a really old console. I still think today that it was the best Zelda ever.

Spec Highwind
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I love Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Megaman, Megaman 3, Tennis, Snake Rattle & Roll, Challenger, Wrecking Crew, Adventure Island 2, The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Duck Hunt, Wizards & Warriors 2: Ironsword, Track & Field 2, Konami Hyper Soccer, Golf, Kung Fu, Ice Hockey, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Willow and Snow Brothers :)

dappa
06-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't know the name of this Zelda but I know it was among the first few. It was on a really old console. I still think today that it was the best Zelda ever.

Was it legend of zelda : links awakening? that game was awesome.

Luis
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I liked Raiden very much! ^^

http://www.rinconportatil.net/trivial/Articulos/Nec/RAIDEN.gif

Spec Highwind
06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Was it legend of zelda : links awakening? that game was awesome.
True.

Seyluv
06-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe I don't know. I know they haven't remade it yet.

dappa
06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
All the games mentioned by you guys are awesome. Come on post some more classic games. I have been been playing games for 23 years now I probably know most of them.

Mario or sonic in my teenage years were a fave of mine, mario 3 was my favorite mario and sonic 2 was my favorite sonic.

Fawkes Lament
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Sonic on the Sega, wow that was a fun one... The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 64... Best games ever!!

Then there's the Mario's for NES and Duck Hunt... Nothing can get better than that, almost

dappa
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I can remember when that duck hunt when it first came out. Those were the days.........

Doctor
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
There have been only a few classics that I've actually played and liked (unfortunately--I would like to play more >_< ) such as Final Fantasy 4, and Super Mario.

If I could pick out a classic that I would like to play the most it would definitely be LOZ: A Link To The Past. >_^

Hydra
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Final Fantasy 2 and Pokemon Green.

F.T.W.

^_~

dappa
06-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I have played one of older pokemon games for the gameboy though I couldn't get into it.

You guys are posting about some cool games here, keep it up!

dappa
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Space invaders 91 edition rocks. This is my favorite version of the invaders especially if you are playing on two player co-operative mode.

Phoenix Flame
07-02-2007, 05:09 AM
I liked that Space Invaders game too ^__^

Umm... *thinks* I still play the original LoZ on Gamecube... Chrono Trigger, FF VI and Secret of Evermore/Mana. I'll post more later. = D>

dappa
07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
What about space invaders 95? Its alright for a laugh but not as good as the 91 edition.

Isaac Dead Space
07-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I liked Road Avenger for the Mega CD. It was a revenge tale about a newly wed who loses his bride to dangerous road thugs. He has this really awesome car which he drives in and you try and get payback at their own sick game.

For a name released in the mid-90s, the graphics were superb. Basically, cursors appear on the screen and you have gotta quickly dodge, turn, dive, etc. It is all really rapid, actualy.

And the Game Boy and NES were always grand fun. You could play them for hours and never get bored. Nowadays, it is more common to play a game, get fed up and neglect it, where as the oldies were fun to play on a regular basis.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Hmm...perhaps they were (more?) addictive because of their simplicity - as far as the controls go - but it was fun to improve your dexterity playing the actual game because it wasn't always easy to win/get to the next level, etc....? The game that comes to mind off the top of my head was the Road Rash series. Another would be the original TMNTurtles arcade game from the late 80's/early 90's. = 33 Both games were easy enough to punch/kick your ways through the levels - but you had to be 'loose' to play through the levels well.

...looking back though - they sure were some good games = d

dappa
07-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I loved all the old turtles games, hack and slash games I love em.

And as for that Road Avenger game which Grace Saunders mentioned, what a brilliant game!!! I played it on the super nintendo, I liked the driving sections and beat em up sections.

dappa
08-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I loved Road Rash 2 but was never any good at it. Though I loved being able to wallop a copper with a chain.

I have been playing games like sonic2 alot lately

ThroneofDravaris
08-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I've decided to go back and play Dragon Warrior IV for the NES recently since I've been told repeatably it's the best in the series.

Despite it being a pretty long game for its time, I'm not especially impressed so far.

Phoenix Flame
08-06-2007, 03:55 AM
Personally - I think DW III is better. I like the job system on that one, and it was cool to be able to change from, say - a Pilgrim or Wizard to a Sage or...a Fighter (which has superior speed) to a Warrior/Knight. It was for the micromanaging RPGer like me. = 3

...I still have part IV though - I need to finish playing through it again or begin a new quest.

Drake
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I've decided to go back and play Dragon Warrior IV for the NES recently since I've been told repeatably it's the best in the series.

Despite it being a pretty long game for its time, I'm not especially impressed so far.

How does it compare to the 1st DW?

Some old games I've enjoyed playing recently are:

Base Wars, (NES) Ninja Gaiden (NES),

And Maniac Mansion (NES) is well...awesome! I say.

dappa
09-14-2007, 07:42 PM
i loved the original ninja gaiden all those years ago. I think it was around 1992 when i played it for my gamegear.

Its was a good little platformer.

ThroneofDravaris
09-15-2007, 02:27 PM
How does it compare to the 1st DW?
Never played it, I'm not really a fan of the series. I assume it's significantly better though. I've since completed IV and while it was a decent enough game, it has nothing on FFIII.

The last 'retro' games I completed were Castlevania and Castlevania III for the NES a few weeks ago. I started play II but didn't particularly like it. Right now I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.

dappa
09-15-2007, 10:06 PM
i have sonic 3 on emulator on mobile phone. Its the only of the three original sonics on the megadrive which i never completed. I never can be bothered to get past the first zone. I will one day.

I prefer sonic 2 the most out of the three. I also loved sonic 2 for the master system as it was a major improvement over the original sonic on master system.

kb-sama
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Ahhh old games...Kb has tons laying around is house

im' playing right now.....FF 4 Sonic 1 and (what i think is one of the best older games number 3 in my list) MEGA MAN!!!!!! and mega man x3...not as fun

Phoenix Flame
01-25-2008, 01:37 AM
Meh...I'm done with Retros for a while. .__., The last one I completed (again) was DWIII.

Oh...and for the record:
DWIII===>DWIV===>DWII===>DW :D

Now I'm just trying to pwn DQVIII.

kb-sama
01-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Wait...YOUR PLAYING 9?!?!?!?!?!?

Phoenix Flame
01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Now I'm just trying to pwn DQVIII.

kb-sama
01-26-2008, 09:40 PM
OH 8....sorry...when dose 9 come out anyway?

Phoenix Flame
01-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Hmm...I'll look it up. = 3

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/dragonquestix/news.html?sid=6170688&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;2

In the article it says 'later this year for Japan' and 'no release date yet for the US' ...BIG suprise there.

Oddly enough - its going to be exclusive it seems to the DS. 0.0! Boy am I glad I didn't sell mine off yet. :p

dappa
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
i was sitting in my office at work the other day playing Super Mario land the six golden coins, ooh what memories from back in the day!!!