PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Remake not on the way (yet)

Tifa-chan
06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeap, according to reports on ffextream.com, from an interview by Japanese gaming magazine with Tetsuya-sama himself. He again denies a remake however he did have to say this.

[Quoted from IGN on FFextream]
Nomura comments:
"It appears that there are often overseas rumors like 'Are you currently developing a VII remake?' My apologies, but were absolutely not making [such a game]."

However, maybe there is light at the end of the very dark tunnel for all of you who are eager for such a game. Yoshinori Kitase, overall director of the FFVII series, had this to say:

"However, when we ask the staff who are making FFXIII why they entered the company, there are many people who say, 'I'm an FFVII fan, I also want to do a remake.'"

Nomura added to this:

"We of course know ourselves what the fans want so we'd like to continue thinking up a variety of things. As long as there are people who want to make it and people who are waiting for it, we don't want to proclaim 'the end.'"
[End Quote]

So in the end, contradicing themselves in a way eh? If there are people in the Final Fantasy team who too wish to make a remake, and they know the fans want it, I am sure something is going to come out of this all. Wether it be a remake or another compalation of the VII games is totaly unseen, but I tend to like to look to the brighter side of this all. Again Square knows the money they are going to pull in by a remake, and if they are remaking all the other games before VII in the series, then something with VII has to be done, and if they skip it, well damn everyone will be super pissed at Square. So again I think we should expect a remake, just not a soon as we all wish. Square is beating around the bush and keeping things hush hush for now, and we all know it.

Full artical can be found here : http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793956p1.html

You heard it here first. I Brooke Fecteau, and you have just been fed. <----- I ALWAYS WANT TO DO THAT XD damn you G4 TV!

dappa
06-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the ps3 received a version of ff7 in the not too distant future

Luis
06-05-2007, 06:20 PM
They haven't said 'We're going to remake it' anyway... XD
So, meh... I won't have any hope 'till they officially announce it! XD

Sorry Brooke, you know I'd like that remake to be released as much as you want to! ^^"

Tifa-chan
06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Luis your suppost to be on my side always as my bro! REMEMBER! XD it's okay I forgive. Again I expect to hear something end of this year, begging of next year.

Gackt Camui
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Either way if they do it or not...if not then just play the old version because its just as good right? And if they do, its the samething with better graphics...