PDA

View Full Version : (Spoilers) What's new about VI Advance???

Phoenix Flame
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I recently have begun playing VI Advance and was wondering what's new in this game? I know that there are new espers and a new dungeon...what else? Anyone found anything cool/new/exciting about this edition of the classic game?

ThroneofDravaris
06-07-2007, 03:08 PM
There is also a gauntlet mode in which you can fight game bosses in succession. That's about it.

The only noteworthy aspect of the game otherwise is that they fixed a few glitches in the original game like vanish/doom and the evasion glitch.

dappa
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM
There aint alot really. Mainly cosmetic changes e.g better translations plus the characters icon shows up everytime they speak.

Phoenix Flame
06-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Hmmm... does that mean that Vanish+X-Zone doesn't work either? I was kinda counting on that one for some battles in my low-level game = P

dappa
06-08-2007, 07:15 PM
looks like no more vanish and doom or vanish and any other status altering attack.

Phoenix Flame
06-09-2007, 12:54 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES!!! ;__; Dratts!

>.> I must rethink me strategies.

What's up with the new Espers? Obviously, the earliest one you get that's different is a storyline Esper (Cait Sith...I'm sure Zero's happy) are there many more? Where do you get em from?

dappa
06-09-2007, 02:30 PM
cait sith as a summon, didnt know that.

ThroneofDravaris
06-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Cait Sith was a summon in the original SNES version of FFVI. It was just mis-translated to "Stray" in the North American release.

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Cactuar, Leviathan, Diablos and Gilgy (Gilgamesh) are all new espers. There are a lot of new weapons/changed names. There's an Apocolypse sword (that I'm not sure was in the original FFVI :confused: ) new armors...I haven't been to the two new dungeons but they sound a lot harder then Kefka's tower.

Zeromus_X
07-14-2007, 09:00 PM
You get the Apocalypse from beating one of the upgraded dragons, if I remember correctly. It's a new weapon. Although I guess there might be a way of obtaining it that I don't know.

Here's what the new weapons are off the top of my head:

Apocalypse (sword for Terra)
Save the Queen (sword for Celes)
Zorlin Shape (dagger for Locke)
God Hand (knuckle for Sabin)
Longinus (spear for Edgar)
Final Trump (cards for Setzer)
Angel Brush (brush for Relm)
Scorpion's Tail (mace for Gogo. Kill Bill reference?)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember right now. I do know that if you want multiple copies of them, you can trade them in at the coliseum (each new weapon can be traded in for another of the weapons).

dappa
07-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Cactuar, Leviathan, Diablos and Gilgy (Gilgamesh) are all new espers.

I saw a video on youtube of gilgamesh fighting your party in the collosseum but I heard that it was a doctored video done by some fans as a hoax.

Zeromus_X
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
The Coliseum is actually where you obtain Gilgamesh. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMq_ouanMUw)

There were some video clips that used hacking to put Leo, Kefka, Biggs, and Wedge into your party that were released when the game was first released, as there were doctored photos of Ghestal and Leo in the party. But that was just a poor rumor.

dappa
07-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Cool, that clears that one up!

Is he a good summon?

Phoenix Flame
07-16-2007, 03:44 AM
:o Actually - the only time I've used summons so far was my fight with Atma Weapon on the FC. :p So I dunno.

I've been meaning to conjure him up though. = D

Zeromus_X
07-16-2007, 06:43 AM
He either does one of four attacks:

Excalibur- moderate damage
Excalipoor- 1 damage...
Masamune- very high damage
Enkidu- Gilgy and Enkidu do a tag-team attack for heavy damage, but this is the rarest one and I've honestly never seen it before.

Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDUXMLx4lHE) all of the new spells and Espers except for Gilgamesh's last attack.

dappa
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Are i see, so his attacks are more or less the same as they were on final fantasy 8.

And this enkidu attack sounds like that monster who fought along side him on ff5

locke cole
07-19-2007, 07:22 PM
new spell flood x2

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Enkidu's also in FF XII. ^_^ Speaking of which, that was a tough battle if you weren't prepared.

Flood was pretty useful actually - although I'm kinda surprised that it didn't damage your party as well as the enemies.