PDA

View Full Version : reno and axel??

Marius
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
ok me and my son recently played Kingdom Hearts 2. n we both came up with a strange epiphony. can reno and axel be one in the same . after all in the world of Kingdom Hearts it's possible, like the way sora and roxas were one in the same. and how kairi and namine were one in the same as well.it's just axel reminded me of reno with his vertical side like one minute he's a bad guy n when u least expect it he's teaming up with the goodies.just like reno would when it really suits him.plus lets not 4get the wild spikey red hair. :D hmmmm? i'm not sure where i really should've placed this thread cuz it had a ff7 n kingdom heart character in it. but on the meantime please share your thoughts and opinion on this strange theory.

Darkreno
06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
hmmmm? let me think? axel n reno one in the same.if ur theory were right i would have to say axel was reno's nobody right? hmmm? now u got me . it's a good theory tho.

Marius
06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
yeah thats what i assumed anyway, if reno and axel r one and the same axel woud have to b reno's nobody. cuz lets face it not anybody could be reno.dang i think i made a funny lol

Kat
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
now that you mention it,they do sorta look like each other...
never even thought of it until now.
Of course leave it to Marius to notice :p

Marius
06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
lol thankx Kat :D but i would never have thought about it if it weren't for my son. like D.R there are some villains he tends to favor. he especially likes Axel's weapons.

Darkreno
06-13-2007, 04:00 AM
ok hon let me give a lil sample of how interesting this theory really is. check this out they can be brothers.

Zeromus_X
06-13-2007, 05:57 AM
The reason they have such a physical similarity is because Tetsuya Nomura designed both of them. Kingdom Hearts is its own canon anyway.

Edit: Moved to Final Fantasy VII forum.

Marius
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
wow D.R where did u get that.? wow talk about dead ringers. *gigglesz*

Gackt Camui
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Well Tifa told me that Nomura did model Axel from Reno's looks...but you know what? Thats creapy to think about, personally I think they only thing that they have in common would be the hair other than that...I don't see it. The eyes...nope...the face...nope. Maybe its because I like Reno, and don't have a thing for Axel that I'm chosing not to see it. But thats fine by me. :)

Tifa-chan
06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Yes Tetsuya-sama did modle Axel after Reno. There is much debate over weither Axel is Reno's nobody and so on. But until Tetsuya-sama tells us himself, then we will not know for sure. I personaly do see the Reno in Axel a lot.

Marius
06-15-2007, 07:17 PM
yeah me too tifa. its a good debate, i just love the fact that both of them are versatile. u never really kno who's side their on. and their uncanny resemblences, it would totally rock if the two r really connected.

dappa
06-15-2007, 07:33 PM
overanalyzing

If advent children hadn't come out nobody would be having this discussion. Sorry to sound negative.

Gackt Camui
06-15-2007, 09:00 PM
You know what? Thats totally true...because Reno does look loads dif obviously from the game than in AC...So good point. We wouldn't be talking about this if it wasn't for AC. Maybe Nomura ran out of creativity and just decided to copy Reno's AC look?

Marius
06-15-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah the difference is the weapons and well axel croaks reno lives.

Zeromus_X
06-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Some of you don't seem to understand that Kingdom Hearts isn't of the same canon as Final Fantasy. Axel cannot be Reno's Nobody since they don't exist in the same universe. The fact that they were both designed by the same person or that one may be based off of the other is irrelevant.

Darkreno
06-16-2007, 02:59 AM
we r not stressed about that it is a nice way to at least. have a good connection between the two of them they are both way cool characters. wether or not not their intwined or not u can't help but think they have a remarkable familiarity to them . they r both unpredictable . and lets not 4get 2 mention edgy. nothings wrong with admiring them from afar. i like them both they ROCK. they are both survivors!

Gackt Camui
06-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Zeromus I dont know what you problem is but if you have a hard time dealing with people just expressing there opinions on characters and all seeing how its not off topic. Then don't read the thread okay? I don't know what has crawled up your butt and set you off but you've been acting like a complete ass. We can discuss Reno and Axel however we like. That is the thread topic is it not?
Okay so yeah...as I said...I don't really see the simalarities besides the hair.

Darkreno
06-17-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah two spikey haired men with all black uniforms. different weapons and both versatile. yep out of ideas much.axel is not as quircky as reno is though. he's more of a fight now ask questions later kind a guy.

Zeromus_X
06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Zeromus I dont know what you problem is but if you have a hard time dealing with people just expressing there opinions on characters and all seeing how its not off topic. Then don't read the thread okay? I don't know what has crawled up your butt and set you off but you've been acting like a complete ass. We can discuss Reno and Axel however we like. That is the thread topic is it not?
Okay so yeah...as I said...I don't really see the simalarities besides the hair.

The topic creator started this thread with a theory stating that Axel was Reno's Nobody. I gave facts disproving that theory. After it appeared that they didn't understand how they were not connected, I restated my facts in a more understandable way. I am in no way acting like an ass and nothing has certainly crawled up my butt, and I apologize if you feel that way. Although I will definitely admit that I do get annoyed with fan-theories that ignore established canon (Rinoa=Ultimecia, etc.)

It was my understanding that this was a theory thread, but if the topic of the thread is indeed just discussing the two characters then there is no problem with that.

Darkreno
06-17-2007, 06:41 PM
no the topic creator of this thread was wondering if axel and reno were one in the same. it was me who stated that axel may be reno's nobody.and well if kingdom hearts and ff are not in the same canon then maybe square enix should pull out all their ff characters out of the game. cuz lets face it not everone got the game to play with disney characters. well at least i kno i didn't. oh yeah by the way the title of the thread is reno & axel??. so discussing the characters is no harm.

Zeromus_X
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, one in the same. My point being that it was a baseless theory.

The Final Fantasy characters appear as cameos in the Kingdom Hearts series; in the Kingdom Hearts universe they have their own backstories (they didn't appear from their own respective games).

Marius
06-17-2007, 07:32 PM
yes they are cameo appearences in the game . but wether you love it or hate it the fact remains reno & axel came from the same square enix designer. gives it its own reason to ponder the theory. u kno

Zeromus_X
06-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, I'm going to stop because I can't think of anything else that can explain it more clearly without me looking obnoxious.

in the Kingdom Hearts universe they have their own backstories (they didn't appear from their own respective games).

Kingdom Hearts isn't of the same canon as Final Fantasy. Axel cannot be Reno's Nobody and is not the same person since they don't exist in the same universe. The fact that they were both designed by the same person or that one may be based off of the other is irrelevant.

forever yours
06-17-2007, 09:56 PM
idk??? the organization has an X added into the nobodys name.... roxas is sora with an X, xemnas is ansem, i don't think axel would be renos nobody,, his name would prolly be like xenor or something????

Darkreno
06-17-2007, 10:13 PM
idk??? the organization has an X added into the nobodys name.... his name would prolly be like xenor or something????
probably? most definetly. but hey like marius said axel is dead supposedly. but how many times we thought reno died too? but hey thats up 4 the designers to decide.

Big Boss
06-21-2007, 02:52 PM
My guess is that Axel was modeled after Reno of FFVII. Now they decided to make a Nobody out of Reno, but we can't be sure about that. If Axel was Reno's nobody then that means that Reno in Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the darkness. Now Reno is lost in the darkness of the heartless, since his heart was taken away by them. That is if, Axel is his nobody.

Gackt Camui
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I know he thinks so differentely than other "nobodies" huh? Along with Roxas. They should just do a complete story on Axel and all that great stuff. Were Reno has his own appearance. No...just kidding. I have no idea why I thought that.

Darkreno
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
cuz the very presence of reno in a K.H"S game is a smart idea to think of. and not to mention u and marius would be the first two i kno that would start a riot at the mall to make sure to get the game lol

Marius
06-23-2007, 01:36 AM
no kidding, if only it was a fact that reno and axel were one in the same. i'd like to see how that story would play out.i'd be happy and completely zoned to the story.

blackrose
06-25-2007, 03:08 AM
wow this is a touchy subject,well i like the idea though. if only it was more than that the designer did a good job with axel and reno. its really tough to compare. i like em both

Gackt Camui
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
A riot woot! They would have to call in more than just the police and swats lol. Maybe if we all fly to Japan and bring up this subject to Nomura he will do it! Wow wouldn't that be cool...not only getting to meet him but getting him to do something with our ideas.

Marius
06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
yes that would be awesome :D reno and axel's story line come to life thankx to 2 of reno's biggest fanz. yep it would rock

Gackt Camui
07-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah it would rock...Axel's like okay to a point...he has nothing on Reno :P

carlosoto96
08-05-2007, 01:37 PM
^yeah what she said....... but i like axel's weapons more than anything.

Gackt Camui
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I will agree with you there, he does have some pretty cool weapons. I wouldn't mind carrying those around huh?

Marius
08-24-2007, 01:52 AM
yeah imagine reno with some cool weapons like axel's. now u got one bad Turk.

Darkreno
08-24-2007, 04:06 AM
hmm? i wonder what kind of Turk Axel would've been. i mean if he could b one. ya kno

clief101_
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
i wonder, in the world of kingdom hearts you have heartless and nobodies if you die...if axel was reno's nobody, how wuld reno of died, and where/who wuld be his heartless, unless he did the same thing as sora and became a human again from his heartles??

TherathxRikku
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I always thought Axel looked and acted more like a Zack Nobody. :D

I think the reason people think that Reno and Axel are the same person, is cause of Quinton Flynn, he plays both characters the same way, basically. Laid back, cocky, witty, red hair, eye tattoos...I lost my train of thought...

I'm not saying that's the ONLY reason, but it's a big one. But I doubt that Reno could be in any way related to Axel, simply because firstly, Reno wasn't involved in KH, and Reno obeys pretty much any command he's given by his boss and Axel betrayed everyone cept for Roxas. Axel does what he does for a person, Reno does it for his boss, or for money, I haven't studied him much...

It's an interesting theory, though, Axel very well could be Reno's nobody, but it's just unlinkely...

i wonder, in the world of kingdom hearts you have heartless and nobodies if you die...if axel was reno's nobody, how wuld reno of died, and where/who wuld be his heartless, unless he did the same thing as sora and became a human again from his heartles??

Knowing Reno, he probably would have dived in front of Rufus when a Heartless attacked. And people's Heartless' don't change shape, form or personality unless they were weak hearted. If you have the capability of having a Nobody, then you are strong hearted. If you are strong hearted, then your Heartless should pretty much be the opposite form of you. With exception for Sora, he took the form of a Shadow because his personality and strong feelings went away when the keyblade pierced his heart.

Proof of this would be Xehanort's heartless. He was just a much darker form of the original Xehanort, instead of being hungry for research, he was hungry for destruction. There would also be Scar, he just became dark when he lost his heart.

I'm kinda going on a ramble here, but this is my two cents. :P

rissole25
10-28-2009, 04:10 AM
I know the Shadow was Sora's heartless but I always thought his heartless was the giant black heartless at the start and end of the game on KH1. I think its called Darkside or something like that. It's just that they kinda look the same, what with the hair and all.
Same with Roxas, when that giant nobody attacked on KH2 at the start, i thought it was his heartless (this was before you knew he was Sora's nobody) except it wouldn't fit cos heartless are black and that nobody was white.

Back on topic, yea Reno and Axel do look similar but i don't think there connected in anyway except that would be cool if they were.

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:32 AM
people think that reno could be axel because of his design. the same person designd them and tried to design them alike?

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I guess that would be the conclusion.

Darkside is pretty much a premonition of what will happen to Sora if he gives into Darkness. The Keyblade was warning him, basically. Course, that could be wrong, because the Keyblade wanted Riku, in actuality..

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
thats wat riku said, but sora got it back

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Cause it figured out that Riku's heart was weaker than Sora's. The Keyblade desires Light over Darkness, and Darkness had consumed Riku and it went back to Sora.

But at first, the Keyblade did actually want Riku, but on Destiny Islands when Sora reached for Riku's hand, he intercepted the Keyblade.

clief101_
10-28-2009, 09:58 AM
realy? i didnt know that? interesting

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 07:47 PM
At least, I'm assuming that's why the Keyblade chose Sora, maybe it really was after him, I don't know. :P

rissole25
10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Didn't the Keyblade just choose Sora because Riku chose the darkness? If he hadn't of gone into the darkness, then Sora would've never got Keyblade.

TherathxRikku
10-29-2009, 12:14 AM
That's a possibility. :confused:

rissole25
10-29-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm just thinking this because of something Riku said at Hollow Bastion. Can't quite remember what it is though.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 02:24 AM
The Keyblade went back to Sora cause he chose the power of friends over just the sheer power that Riku coveted, therein making a stronger heart.

rissole25
10-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Thats right. After Donald & Goofy went back to Sora it came back.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Pretty much.

clief101_
11-01-2009, 11:18 AM
i think sora was always meant to get the keyblade....perhaps not that 1, but a keyblade non the less..because at the start of the game (in the dream world kinda thing) the kingdom hearts kinda calls to him and is constantly saying keyblade to him and stuff....i think he was meant to get a keyblade and it was all kind of a test of his will??

TherathxRikku
11-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Too confusing. T-T

clief101_
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
haha, well, it doesnt matter i guess, because they both have keyblades now dont they

rissole25
11-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Lol. At the start when you chose the sword, staff or shield, I thought you'd get that weapon you chose throughout the game and the weapon you banish is the weapon your rival gets or somethinig like that. And they each had there own unique abilitys. But then I realised it just made raising a certain stat easier then the others.

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 05:01 AM
I just wung it through the whole game on my first run through. I didn't give anything much thought, except for how much of a headache Clayton was. >_>

rissole25
11-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Was Clayton the guy in the Tarzan world?

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Yeah. along with that pain in the ass lizard.

rissole25
11-02-2009, 07:01 AM
I hated the Malificent fight and the fight where Malificent is a dragon. Really hard...

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Really? I found those to be a lot of fun. It's even better when you're WAY overleveled. xD

Actually, I find it was strangely easier on Expert Mode. O_o

clief101_
11-02-2009, 07:38 AM
i thought clayton was easy. the malificent fight was realy hard, it took me ages to do...lots of frustration went into that fight...

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 01:51 AM
Nowadays, all the fights are easy for me. But when I first started I actually struggled against Guard Armor.

rissole25
11-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Lol, so did I. Took a lot of patience for me to beat him. I was so happy when I did.

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Then I got to go to the Coliseum and get my ass handed to me by Cerberus. x__x

rissole25
11-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Lol I found him easy. Well not on my first go but after that go I found him easy.

TherathxRikku
11-05-2009, 03:00 AM
It's usually on the second run through that you figure out how easy it could be. Like pretty much every boss on X, there's a simple way to beat all of them.