PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV (JP) Low Level Challenge

Zeromus_X
06-13-2007, 06:09 AM
I've decided to try out a new challenge since I'm waiting for my video capture card to come in the mail. This time it's a Final Fantasy IV Low Level Challenge. I will not be able to receive experience from any random encounters, however, I will be able to steal items (as long as I don't win the battle, I don't gain experience), and I will be able to fight optional bosses and monsters-in-boxes if I want. Zeromus is unbeatable or at least very difficult without Light Curtains.

Well, here goes! I'll be uploading the playthrough in segments at YouTube, so you can check my profile there (in signature) to see my progress. The videos are of the Japanese version, but I should be able to explain any strategies I may use in the video description. Currently uploading parts 1 through 19, I will try to update this thread as necessary.

Zeromus_X
06-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Well, I've managed to speed through most of the game without much difficulty, save for some close calls with the Assault Doors and Demon's Wall. Currently the Four Emperors are really giving me trouble (I haven't uploaded the moon/Giant sequences yet since I like stopping at a boss fight).

But, I'm not going to give up, I know I can do it, especially since others (particularly some crazy Japanese person (http://nyusuke.com/game/ff4/ff4llc.html) ) have beaten the game at even lower levels.

I'm just worried about Zeromus; it seems inevitable that it'll turn into a solo Cain battle since his Jump allows him to avoid Big Bang (while everyone else gets annihilated, having only ~1000 HP can do that to you). I'm planning on using the strategy in this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-R9FEXiOCw) video, though I'm probably going to have to steal two more Light Curtains from Evil Masks, which won't be fun...

dappa
07-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I hate them evil masks with a capital H

Zeromus_X
07-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Well, this challenge is going to be put on hold for now. I am satisfied that I was able to even make it to Zeromus without ever receiving experience from a random encounter, although Zeromus is tougher than I expected him to be, even knowing his attack pattern. Perhaps someday I'll get back to it. But for now I'll be doing some normal Final Fantasy V videos.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 04:53 AM
You really should attempt to finish it Zero. =( We're all rooting for you *checks thread* all two of us = D