PDA

View Full Version : YOUR favorite way to level UP!

Doctor
06-30-2007, 02:08 AM
Well, the question is pretty simple; did you/do you have any special methods or a certain way that you level up your characters? It sounds a bit silly, but I think that to maximize leveling potential you should have a certain system in place, if you know what I mean.

For example, I 'rotate' my characters, so that when one levels up, I replace him/her with someone else, and so on. HOWEVER, I ALWAYS have one person in my party (in my case it's Vaan.)

And, I'm sure that those of you who use Espers a lot notice this already, but if you wail on a BUNCH of enemies while you have an Esper out, you get TONS more experience than you would get in a party. The same things happens if you just have one person out--but that's not a very good idea. XP

Well anyway, just answer the damn question. XD

Zeromus_X
06-30-2007, 02:23 AM
I really only leveled up my three party members throughout the game, without bothering with the other three. I never really tried to power-level too much (I did do loot farming, but other than that, I never sat in one place to level up or anything). I didn't do many sidequests either, so as a result my endgame party was somewhere in the mid-40s, and my best equipment was store-bought. Made the final boss a pretty good challenge. Maybe someday I'll get back to all of the sidequests and maybe maxing out my characters (from what I gather, a good way is to use Curaja on the zombie bat enemies in the deeper section of the Henne Mines).

Phoenix Flame
06-30-2007, 02:41 AM
You don't really need to level everyone. I went through most of the game with three characters. But I did try to 'keep pace' once in a while by gaining 10 or so levels in a relatively difficult area - like 'Overlooking Eternity' in the Nabreus Deadlands.

I still think that power leveling in the beginning with just Vaan is for the win though. It makes the rest of the game go by quickly. Besides - you can have a save file at the beginning of the game at say - oh, level 60...or choose to start fresh and do a 122333 challenge or something. o.o''

Doctor
06-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Oh wow. XD Well, I find it more of an interesting challenge to level up everyone. Plus, I thik it's better--you never know when you're going to need backup. XP Plus, I liked everyone too much to just leave them alone. XD

And yes, the Nabereus Deadlands is a GREAT place to level, and it's a challenge to try and get through the Necrohol of Nabudis. :} Good leveling areas.

Phoenix Flame
06-30-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm not particularly fond of the Nechrol...although there are some AWESOME equipments there. = 3
Penelo060316 at YouTube has a great vid that shows you how to auto-level in the Henne Mines. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olLEZLytYQQ "Enjoy a funny figure of Jelly" = D

Zeromus_X
06-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh wow, that's pretty brilliant! That's also alot earlier than the method I saw...The one I found was this one by ASephiroth, although it's for late in the game leveling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_6pZy38Ao

Phoenix Flame
06-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I used that method to shoot-up quickly to 99 Zero - there's a more-complicated version that even THAT using a high-evasion, one-handed weapon (Measure - Euclid's Sextant) and the Ensanguined Shield

Anyway - the two of them combined and you're impervious to all but Leech and self-sacrifice. Its on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CooTLw4TSPg

The only think I don't like about it is that you don't get any experience from the bats that use self-sacrifice. So - although it's quicker to clear the room w/o having to use Sleepga on the bats - IMO it's not worth it.

It may be more helpful to a low-leveled party though.

dappa
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I do the same as what the thread author said. I like to regularly rotate my characters so I dont feel like I'm neglecting any character.

I do this for all the final fantasies really.

Doctor
07-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh wow, that's pretty brilliant! That's also alot earlier than the method I saw...The one I found was this one by ASephiroth, although it's for late in the game leveling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_6pZy38Ao

I really found that method to be quite brilliant. That's something I should consider trying out (I'm currently replaying the game, so it'll have to wait for later. :} )

The second version of this method only seemed just slightly more efficient, to me. But both ways are great. XD

zen la
07-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I havent finished the game yet but i have found thebest place so far is the lushu mines on the bridge the chain on the skeletons is unbelievable and tons of items so it gives good money to

Phoenix Flame
07-02-2007, 05:14 AM
...Wait until you get to the Deadlands... 'Overlooking Eternity.'

You can level up to 99 there with the skeletons (they also have Golden Skullcaps ripe for the plucking) = D>!

I'll post a link to a vid of my bud - Ashe10! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KatnKoxmnks

Doctor
07-02-2007, 06:48 AM
I havent finished the game yet but i have found thebest place so far is the lushu mines on the bridge the chain on the skeletons is unbelievable and tons of items so it gives good money to

It's a good 'noob' area to train in, I think. Once you get to Ozmone Plains and beyond, however, that is when you start seriously leveling your characters and stuffing your pockets with Gil. Heh heh.