PDA

View Full Version : Religion and Society

XxAuron.GaurdxX
07-04-2007, 01:05 PM
A while ago, in the UK the Goverment stated that schools now have the power to tell Muslims to remove their veils and non-uniform clothes.

So what extent should religion be tolerated or, alternatively, how far should religion be able to get you in society?

dappa
07-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I understand that there must be tolerance on people beliefs/relgions etc.

When I was in school many years ago I asked my teacher why we have to wear a school uniform and everyone having the same outfit etc and you know what he said?

He said that it is the schools rules that everyone be equal by wearing that uniform, he explained further that you cant tell much about a persons class, religion etc if you are all wearing the same uniform, he also said it cuts out bullying too.

So based on that I dont see why anyone else has to be different by wearing all these religious items to school when there are rules like that to protect people from bullying.

This is my opinion though.

Shinra Soldier 1
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
If no one can wear hats, then that's the rule, all the way around. However with muslims, their religion is also part of their culture, and their society. However, if school rules state no religious clothing is to be worn, then the Muslims shall not either. They shouldn't be allowed to pray in school, it interrupts important time.