PDA

View Full Version : Evoloution

zen la
07-08-2007, 07:54 PM
This is a massive question my partner believes in god i dont (funny match hey :) ) i say evoloution is the way this world must have started by something (the big bang/adam and eve) i believe in evoloution but she says to me we must start by something where does this something come from if somebody (God) didnt put it there? and every time i cannot answer it but they all have answers about religion it makes me wonder im tempted to read the bible and see for myself what is there beliefs and how do they compare to mine.

dappa
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
I dont believe in religion at all. I think people use it as a way of answering questions they dont know the answers to.

I have read the bible once out of curiosity and I think it is more about teachings, told in stories and parables. The morals behind these stories are good and have a basis in them for a better society.

As for the science of evolution it exists, remember all life on earth has adapted to its surrounding. If the said species didn't adapt in time then they became extinct. They say one of the only animals which has never changed in millions of years is the shark because it is one of the most successful creatures to ever exist in its own environment.

Man, If one day leaves the Earth and inhabits other planets will have to adapt once again. I watched a programme on t.v which said if man were to live on a planet like say Mars for e.g. then mans legs would become longer and springier to adapt to the reduced gravity and the size of ones heart would change too but I cant remember whether or not it is bigger or smaller.

Another interesting one then is to have a scientist who is also religious. They do exist and both science and religion are both in conflict with one another.

zen la
07-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree if somebody follows religion the bible gives them hope in life allways something to look forward to, somebody who is religious will say that they can feel good but that is not true if you believe so strongly in something then you will see it being real.

what about Love can it be proven? its the same as god people say you cant see it but you can feel it?

Shinra Soldier 1
08-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I see religion as partly a good thing, it gives people something to do and live by, they have charities and food drives, pantries and things for the less fortunate, however I also see it as a way of controlling people, just like sports. The big brother is hard at work while we're at the game or in Sunday mass. I am an agnostic, as i see no proof that there IS or is NOT a god or gods. However I find it hard to believe one man appeared out of nowhere (how lonely for him) and created everything. Why would I go to hell when he made me and my mind, adn the things affecting them? Why would someone who loves us so much have us raped, murdered, mugged, or poor? It doesn't make sense. Here's a good quote by I believe Richard Dawkins : "I believe we are all atheists, I just believe in one less god than you. When you can tell me why you doubt all other gods, then you will see why I doubt yours."