PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV DS!

Max the Man
07-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Square announced recently that they're planning on giving the DS FFIII makeover to FFIV. Along with about 9 other games due out to celebrate FF's 20th. Still not old enough to drink yet. Maybe that's why they've not made a main character registered as over 21? *shrug* (how old was Cecil though? And Terra? I'm not counting characters that aren't shown on screen, like Steiner or whoever >.>;;)

DX I'm dumb. *edit* changed the title.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I heard about this quite a few weeks ago. Needless to say, it's pretty awesome.

Here's the super-hot FMV trailer with VOICE ACTING in case anyone is interested. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QLr4UZlo1Gc)

Casting is also going on in Japan to find a vocalist for 'Theme of Love'. It's also likely that voice acting will compliment some story sequences.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/ff4-3d-huge.jpg

Edit: Terra is 18, and I don't think Cecil is much older. The problem with alot of the older games (pre-V) is that there weren't many official sources to give ages of all the characters and such, other than Japanese publications. But I'd put Cecil in his early twenties.

dappa
07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Wow I am definately gonna get a ds then if I can see this fantasy remade in 3d

Max the Man
07-10-2007, 10:15 PM
^^ I can't wait. Oh, and I lied. there are thirteen Final Fantasy games scheduled to be released in the next two or three years.

dappa
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
That trailer was cool zero! :)

When you see the start of the trailer and cecil and rosa are talking it looks like kain is in the background eavesdropping.

It adds depth to the story.

kala83
07-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow I am definately gonna get a ds then if I can see this fantasy remade in 3d
Exactly my thoughts, I would have gotten FF3 a longg time ago if I actually had a DS to play it on but sadly no I don't own one yet. But all of these old FF games getting makeovers for the DS has been looking pretty promising so I'll have to invest in getting ahold of one some time soon.

Spec Highwind
07-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Does this mean that FF5 and FF6 will be remade, too?

I. WANT. IT.

I don't have a DS, though =\

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 05:06 AM
I do. ^ ^

...and of course I'll pick this one up. = P

Spec Highwind
07-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Anyway, I think they would better stay off from the old FFs... Hope they don't remake FF6 and FF7... One of the best things in the old games is that you can imagine the environment, because the graphics aren't that good.

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 11:10 AM
*taunts Spec with his DS* ...ok - not really, but maybe just a lil. = 3

I, on the other hand, want to see VI and VII remade - someday...when the graphics warrant it.

Spec Highwind
07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Probably because half of the fun you have with games doesn't come from your imagination.

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 03:19 PM
That's what day dreams are for. = 3

...best line I could come up with. XD

dappa
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
I woud love to see all the old 2d ones remade, I'm not too fussed about all the 3d ones being remade though.