PDA

View Full Version : Who still plays FFVII??

Shaggy
12-15-2004, 04:40 AM
I do, I can't get enough of it.

How do you use the most in battles?

Gumdrop
12-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I still play it, I think its the best final fantasy ^_^
I use Cloud (duh)Yuffie and Red xiii (even though Red is not one of my favorite characters).

Shaggy
12-17-2004, 10:04 PM
I still play it, I think its the best final fantasy ^_^
I use Cloud (duh)Yuffie and Red xiii (even though Red is not one of my favorite characters).
I love it. I know its not the best one graphic wise, but man it alot of fun.. :)

FFnut
12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
I know I do. I finally bought the PSX version about a week ago (I've had the PC version for years, but my data kept getting erased and now my PC first disc is too scratched to load the chocobo races, can't get past Dyne) and I just beat Godo last night. I can't wait until you-know-who gets impaled...

Gumdrop
12-18-2004, 08:10 AM
I know I do. I finally bought the PSX version about a week ago (I've had the PC version for years, but my data kept getting erased and now my PC first disc is too scratched to load the chocobo races, can't get past Dyne) and I just beat Godo last night. I can't wait until you-know-who gets impaled...

wow you have the pc version?! I hear thats realy rare! yeah it does not have the best graphics but I think it has some of the best game play,story, music and characters :)

FFnut
12-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I have to admit, it's close to the same for me. I had played the original on NES when I was about three years old and I loved it (even if I couldn't get past Garland for some strange reason), and then I just drifted away from the series. I liked Square stuff throughout the SNES era (Secret Of Mana and Secret Of Evermore were some of my absolute favorites, as was Illusion of Gaia by Enix which would eventually merge with Square some years later) and then once my uncle got PSX he showed me a fun game he had gotten for it; Final Fantasy 7. Since then I was absolutely hooked. He got Final Fantasy 8 after he beat 7, and meanwhile I had studied information on the past games (the name "Final Fantasy" from NES was still lodged in the base of my skull, and I was trying to figure out where I recognized it from) until I found out what the original game was. Now, seven years since my uncle got FF7, I have FF5, FF6, FF7, FFT, FF8, FFX, and FFX-2. I'm also pushing for either Origins or Dawn Of Souls for Christmas so I can add FF1 and FF2 to that list, and I also want Chronicles for FF4 and Chrono Trigger.

highwind
12-18-2004, 06:57 PM
I have been playing FF7 ever since i was 8, then i wasnt that good at it, but as the years past I kept progressing and progressing and now, I bet you that there is not 1 single thing I dont know about the game.
All you ppl out there who like FF7 awesome, thats great.
It is by far my most favorite game and i dont think there will ever be a game to beat it.

Shaggy
12-18-2004, 07:01 PM
It is....it was the game that got me into Final Fantsy. I played the older ones, but didn't get really into it. FF7 changed that for me.. ;)

Gumdrop
12-18-2004, 07:11 PM
ff7 was the first I played and the first one to get me hooked (naturaly) as well ^_^ it's nice to see there are still other huge fans of 7, most people I come across like ff8 or 10(and 10-2) the most, for me those two were my least favorites.

Shaggy
12-18-2004, 07:22 PM
My story is - I was a Resident Evil fan back when FF7 came out. I wanted the new RE that just came out. So my girlfriend gets me Final Fantsy 7 on my birthday, thinking it was RE.. :D

Thats where my FF love started! ;)

FFnut
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
I got back to playing FF1 on my friend's old NES, and I still can't look at Garland without cracking up, simply because of his opening line: "You impertinent fools! I, GARLAND, will knock you all down!" That game is so awesome.

Back to FF7, I use a team of Cloud, Yuffie, and Vincent. Yuffie's been my favorite character forever, and Vincent's limits and backstory make him a great character. If I could switch Cloud out though, I'd bring it Cait Sith. He's just that awesome.

The Dark Paladin
12-22-2004, 01:43 AM
I still play FF7, because I consider it a classic Final Fantasy game.

As for my team in battle, I usually use Cloud for his limit breaks, Vincent for his long range abilities, and Barret for his balance of long range and short range weapons, and his hefty HP.

FFnut
12-22-2004, 05:29 PM
It's kind of sad that this is almost the only active forum on the boards, isn't it?

Gumdrop
12-22-2004, 05:35 PM
yeah it is, but I'll try to post some more in the other forums, I hope it helps the others a bit.

wind
12-29-2004, 06:21 PM
ive playedsince 7 or 8 on comp then i lost a disk in november. so i had to restart with the ps one i got for christmas i still play often but i devide the time between that and legend of dragoons or dvd's

ShadowHeart
01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
FF7 was the first RPG I played.. and of course it got me hooked. I've loved the FF series and RPGs in general since then. Console RPGs are nearly the only games I play nowadays :) And of course FF7 remains my favourite of all games. Finished it at least 10 times through the years.. and I could play it another time easily :)

I see many people in here uses Vincent, but I have only used him once. I thought I should try him out one time, and he was a great disappointment to me. Nothing wrong with except for one thing. Back then, I didn't know how the ultimate weapons worked except for Cloud's of course, and all I saw was Vincent doing less than 2k damage to the same monsters Cloud and the other (can't remember the 3rd party member I had) dealt 9999 damage to. Since then I've never bothered with him again, even after learning about how the ultimate weapons work. I like Cloud.. Omnislash simply rocks. I got it on the 1st disc once, I still remember how it killed Jenova LIFE in 1 attack. I think the battle was over in 2 rounds. Other than that, I like characters based on their limit breaks. IMHO, all characters are too similar for their stats to matter to much to me. That's why I don't like Cait Sith, and why I wish I had Aeris throughout the game. Invincibility rocks, although it's not really needed in this game I guess.

Antonio_1025
01-12-2005, 07:45 PM
FF7 was the game that really got me into RPGs. I played it constantly when I first got it. It is tied with FF9 as my favorite in the series.

Quezacotl
01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, well FF7 is the game that really introduced RPG's to countries outside of Japan. I thought it was great. I haven't played it for a long time though, but then I don't really play FF games any more.

Shaggy
01-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah, well FF7 is the game that really introduced RPG's to countries outside of Japan. I thought it was great. I haven't played it for a long time though, but then I don't really play FF games any more.
:eek: You don't play anymore but you are at a FF site.. :p

Why don't you play anymore?

Bongerman
01-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I still play this game and I love it I also agree that is not the best one in graphics but I think that next to 10 it is the best one to be put out so far

Bongerman
01-17-2005, 01:41 AM
well here is the thing it is not easy to get back into the games like number eight because of how the game layout is I own 7,8,and 9. for playstation one and when i can afford it I will get ps 2 but until then my favorite one is 7

XeroFF7
01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
i just started 2 play it again and im on the 2nd disc

~Hidan~
02-05-2005, 02:53 AM
I still play every once and a while.

I usually use Could (who i turn into Sephiroth because he's the man), Cid, becasue well he's again the man, and Yuffie becasue i love her. :D

Fun Fun Fun!!!

XeroFF7
02-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Vincent will rip sephiroth apart limb 4 limb its a proven fact

FFnut
02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
When was said "fact" proven?

XeroFF7
02-08-2005, 01:28 PM
when i said fact proven

Chocobo-bo
02-14-2005, 02:42 AM
LOL...I still play 7 at least twice a week. I think that I have absolutely mastered 7. It is my fav of all of the ff games although 8 gives it a run for it's money. My group consists of Yuffie (hot...and the best female character in any of the ff games) and Cid because who is gonna f with a man smokin a cigarette and with a 8 foot spear???

Chocobo-bo
02-14-2005, 02:43 AM
p.s. note *Yuffie would be hot if she was real...don't want you to think i'm weird or anything :)

XeroFF7
02-14-2005, 01:30 PM
i play at lik every day even though i beat it cause it so much fun

FFnut
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
p.s. note *Yuffie would be hot if she was real...don't want you to think i'm weird or anything :)

Oh my god... someone who agrees with me on Yuffie! She is my favorite character, and not just because she's good-looking - her thievery skills are awesome. If someone can take little jewels out of your weapons and armor just by running past you, you cannot deny their thief mastery.

Shaggy
02-14-2005, 05:52 PM
You guys are sick!! Checking out vidoe game chicks..:p

Chocobo-bo
02-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Note that I did say that she WOULD be hot...but she is definetely the best female character in any of the ff games. IMO. And who could deny it. Cloud didn't even stand a chance against her as she ripped him and his whole party off. Excellent job Yuffie...Excellent Job.

ShadowHeart
02-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Heh.. I have a friend who hates Yuffie for what she did in the game. He often refuse to get her to join his party just so he can avoid having his materia stolen.

I like Yuffie. Not to the point where I use her every time I play the game, but I like her more than many other characters.. Besides, Yuffie is the only girl in the game that gives Cloud a kiss :)

XeroFF7
02-15-2005, 01:33 PM
she is better if u put steal on her than others also throw she was in my main team to beat ff7 plus if u left her alony when u go on a path she takes all the treasures

Spiff
02-25-2005, 04:33 PM
FF VII is like crack just the other day I withdrawls.

Save yourself! :eek:

Shaggy
02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
LOL..it is addicting. :p

XeroFF7
03-01-2005, 04:42 PM
u telling me i sold my soul 4 it (damn devil)

Squally D
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Indeed.
Although you wouldn't know based on my handle, FF7 is my favorite of the series. My team is usually Cloud, Cid, and then I alternate between Barret and Vincent, although by the end of the game Vincent is definitely better.

ShadowHeart
03-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't understand why ppl like Vincent so much (except that he's cool). Every character have about the same stats.. they can do about the same damage with magic and physical attacks. The only major difference between characters are their limit breaks and the power up bonus of their ultimate weapons. Vincent has the undoubtedly worst ultimate weapon in the game. You need to kill 4864 enemies with Vincent alone to have the same damage bonus on Death Penalty as Cloud has on Ultima Weapon with full HP. In other words, unless you spend literally days straight killing enemies with only Vincent, Vincent will be dealing the least amount of damage with physical attacks among all the characters (using ultimate weapons of course), almost regardless of levels.

And as for limit breaks, I really don't like Vincent's. You don't have any control over him, and he can in no way compete with Omnislash, Highwind, Catastrophe or Final Heaven in damage potential. Hell, even Yuffie's All Creation and Red's Cosmo Memory will pretty much guarantee 9999 damage to all enemies. Vincent can't compete with any of those.

Some say he's good with magic.. but any character in the game will be very good at magic with a mastered Magic Plus materia. Heck, even without it, all characters have about the same Magic stat.

Bottomline is, I will never understand what the fuss with Vincent is about. I used him throughout one of my ~10 games of FFVII, and I was very very disappointed with him. IMO Vincent ranks as the second worst character in the game (only Cait Sith is worse), and I'll never use him again. Sure he's cool and all, but he leaves a lot to be desired battle-wise, *especially* towards the end when you start equipping your ultimate weapons. Ugh.

Okay, enough ranting :)

Spiff
03-03-2005, 10:13 PM
I don't understand why ppl like Vincent so much (except that he's cool).

you answered your own question there :D

I will never understand what the fuss with Vincent is about

Maybe this is better, Vincent is the (seems to me) antisocial one of the group so the gamers relate to him and therefore like him. :p I don't know maybe we should have a poll on why you like Vincent. :rolleyes:

ShadowHeart
03-04-2005, 05:15 AM
What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.

~Hidan~
03-04-2005, 05:46 AM
The biggest Flaw of Vincent is of course his Limit breaks, wich usually just end up sucking a whole lot.

And agreed, he is the second worst character in the game. Personally I think all the character are the same as far as everythign but their appearance goes. Then the limit breaks make them each a little better at a different thing, however Vincent never has a use, or none that I could find, I never used him. Cid and Yuffie along with Cloud were my favorite, switching out barret and Tifa when needed.

Spiff
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
What I meant is that ppl think he's good in combat.. Squally D outright said it, and I know others here said it too (too lazy to check it up). My point is that Vincent is one of the worst characters in the game battle-wise. You can like him all you want because he's cool, but don't come claiming he's strong or good with magic or anything, because he's not.

Oh, I never used him.

Squally D
03-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I personally have no qualms about fighting a few battles for the final weapon stat. And I don't know why anyone wouldn't once they realize the potential that Vincent has. I have vincent doing straight 9's every hit. Every shot, every enemy, all it takes is a little patience.
As for his limit breaks, Chaos isn't the best, but some of his earlier ones do the trick. He also appears to have the damage bonus from his weapon on his earlier forms (he doesn't on Chaos.) Bottom line, for physical attack damage, the only one who beats Vincent is Cloud and that is only with limits. You just have to put some work into him.

ShadowHeart
03-04-2005, 08:59 PM
"A few" battles? Come again? 4864 enemies is around 1000 battles if you get 5 enemies per battle. If it takes 1 minute from when you enter battle to when you enter the next one, you're looking at 16+ hours.

It's not worth that time IMO. You can dish out 9999 damage per hit with Cid and Barret VERY easily and it doesn't take hours and hours of killing monsters. All it takes is to equip a bunch of mastered materias on Missing Score or have Cid's at full MP (same with Red, just have MP full.. hell even Cait Sith only needs full HP for full bonus). That takes virtually no time to do, compared to 16+ hours of plain killing monsters with Vincent. And in the end they all do the same damage per hit, so why waste tons of hours building up Death Penalty's bonus when you can get a character with the full damage bonus with much more useful limit breaks with almost no effort at all? Unless you are totally in love with Vincent and absolutely must use him no matter what, there's absolutely no point in wasting all that time. Or unless you want a perfect game and maxing out the damage bonus on Death Penalty is part of achieving that.

Spiff
03-06-2005, 03:41 PM
:) Dedication...

Squally D
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I think you guys are missing the point. Sure, full MP gives Cid his full *bonus* but that doesn't mean straight nines on everything, especially bosses. With Vincent, there is basically no roof. More enemies equals more power until full damage is just a constant you can depend on. Then things like 4x Cut are nice. :)

ShadowHeart
03-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Uh.. I've played with Cid many times, and he always dealt 9999 damage per hit with 4x Cut against anything after I equipped Venus Gospel. I very rarely use magic anyway after I have 4x Cut on everyone, you don't need it. I can't remember seeing Cid doing anything less than 9999 damage on anything with full MP. But it's been a while now since I played last time. Even if he has a possibility of dealing slightly less damage, it's in no way worth the time to build up Death Penalty in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'd even have the patience for it. His limit break sucks too, so no Vincent for me :P (Although, I AM considering maxing Vincent too when I play next time, just to be able to say that I have done it I guess, not to have him as one of my main characters).

~Hidan~
03-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Personally working for over 12 hours just for a character to be stronger is pontless, you can just about beat the game in that amount of time. Vincent is not cool enough to be with that kind of time, so peace.

XeroFF7
03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
man u like math 2 much plus people have there own chars on who they think is the greatest and in fact vincent is my fav but urs may be cloud or cid or who the hell cares the piont is the many people lik him because he is strong to them (maybe not 2 u) but to us he is great. so any way who is ur favorite. cause mine is Vincent Valentine the ex-turk

ShadowHeart
03-08-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't like math too much. I like math, plain and simple.

I'm not going to argue anymore about Vincent. I've said what I wanted to say about him.

I don't have any favourite characters really. Everyone is good in at least some way (except maybe Cait Sith, he's definitely nothing special), but noone is the best. I play with different character combinations every time.

Squally D
03-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Interesting.
I have mostly only played with two combos.... Cloud Vincent Cid and Cloud Barret Cid. Maybe I'm just not original enough.
I did run through with the girls once, and Yuffie does excellent at morphing, but I had a harder time with the game as a whole than when I just ran the guys.

ShadowHeart
03-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Well that could be because Barret and Cid have the most powerful limit breaks (well, after Cloud). Other than that, there shouldn't really be much difference.

Zynk
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
If you can get all of Tifas right its can hit for 69993 hit points

ShadowHeart
03-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Sure, but it's extremely difficult to get all 7 on "YEAH" or whatever it says in yellow (can't remember). Then again, with her best weapon she should do 9999 damage even with normal "HIT". But it's very hard to not miss at least once or twice. I can't remember getting all 7 hits more than 2 or 3 times at most *ever*. I guess you can use the Square trick to help, although it didn't seem to help at all when I tried. The other characters won't miss nearly as easily (I've seen Cid miss with some missiles, but I don't recall Barret or Cloud ever missing a hit in their final limits, except against Ruby Weapon), and you don't need to spin some wheels and pray you don't get a miss.

Spiff
03-17-2005, 08:31 PM
I really didn't find that a problem, I got "Yeah" across the board a dozen times. (Maybe I just played more :) )

ShadowHeart
03-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I've played and finished FF7 over 10 times, and used Tifa at least 3 of those playthroughs. Maybe I just suck at the spinning things. I do consider her limit the 4th best though.

Quezacotl
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I never even got all of her limits. =\ Even in my best game where I'd done absolutely everything, literally the only thing I hadn't done was get all of Tifa's limit breaks. I'm sure I'd been fighting with her for absolutely forever towards the end but I just never got it. But I wasn't really bothered anyway because I never used her apart from when I was forced to and for getting her to level 99 at the end. :p

ff_is_the_best
04-09-2005, 08:26 PM
hi everyone I love to play ff7 it is the best game in the whole world. but i want it on PC. does anyone know where i can get it? :)

FFnut
04-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Trust me, the PC version is awful. The chocobo races don't work on any operating system past Windows 98, and there's a nasty glitch on disc 2 where you basically have to change eighty different settings to get past one FMV. Many times the game will also freeze halfway through an FMV forcing you to play through the entire prior scene again (I am reminded painfully of the flashback sequence in Kalm, it froze as Sephiroth was revealing Jenova). The only reason I ever had it on PC was because I didn't have a PSX (and PS2 hadn't even been thought of yet) and my uncle had played it on his PSX and I really liked it. If you have the regular version, stick with that - it will save you a lot of aggravation.

ShadowHeart
04-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Not to mention that the music in the PC version sucks compared to the PSX version, stupid midi...

FFnut
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Not to mention that the music in the PC version sucks compared to the PSX version, stupid midi...
Oh, naturally. I just assumed that was a given. :D

Nevendaar Baneceladon
04-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Final Fantasy VII, the first FF game ive ever played,*thinks back to old memories* its a good game, and in my eyesight one of the best of the FF series, My fav char is probably... Cid i think. by the way, im new here

Spiff
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
by the way, im new here

Hi. :)

ShadowHeart
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Now that's one strange name :D

Welcome :)

Zynk
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Ah...FFVII I love that game. I played it so much I had a set of Master Materia for every character. All three flavors of Master Materia. Also every character had a Final Attack+Revive. My save file was beautiful.

Gumdrop
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Welcome up there ;)
I've had a few files like that *remebers the good old days when I had time to get great files* I'm writing the content for my FF site at the moment, its gonna give me a great excuse to go back and play ff7, I can't wait to get that far :D

johnnylumpkin
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I still play it. It is the best FF.

ShadowHeart
06-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I have a game going right now, working on maxing all my characters' stats (already maxed everyone's strength, halfway with vitality) for the first time ever in the 10-15 times I've played the game ;)

Winterkill
07-18-2005, 10:31 PM
ff7 is a great game. the first one i played was 2 for snes..i was hooked from then on. i now have all of them except 11 and i love them all equally lol.

Zeromus_X
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
yes i love ff7. :) but i couldnt pick a favorite ff game(i love them all.) id rank them like this:
Love: ff3 ff7 ff1 ff6 ff4
Like: ff2 ff9 ff10 ff5
Hate: 10-2, 11,..all others

my final team for ff7 was Cloud, Vincent, and Cait Sith..lol .from the looks of things, you guys dont like the latter two. :D

Arkacia
07-30-2005, 01:33 AM
I still play FF7 occasionally but haven't turned on the PS for a few months I must admit. Have been too tied up with work on the computer and a couple of games (Diablo 2 for example) to have enough time.

I did play the PS a lot more when my husband and I only had the one comp and we shared it. Now I have my own comp, and thats where I tend to spend most of my spare time.

ShadowHeart
07-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Heh, so have your husband been complaining about you playing games too much? :p j/k

Grwn Iscarion
07-30-2005, 12:26 PM
I just bought it, i cant kill the worthless, yet powerful materia keeper

i sold my chocomog summon by accident

FFnut
07-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Spoilers in the sig. Nice going. Fix it now.

Lionheart250
08-07-2005, 02:07 AM
I still play all the Final Fantasys!!!
VII, VIII, IX, X!
They've never got out of my mind. Amagine being in Final Fantasy with my sword, Ultima Venus!

Lionheart250
08-07-2005, 02:08 AM
That was my weirdest post yet, I'm log out!

Xartex
08-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I sometimes still play the game, acctually i've got a game where i've gotten to the crater, but thenmy brother came up and i havent played sience then, but i did start a new ffix game and got that's what i'm playing now... haven't finished it for a while so don't remember so much, almost like playing it the first time.

Luis
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I still do. The team I use is: Cloud - Red XIII - Vincent
Vincent has really good reasons to join the team and go to fight Sephiroth, and Nanaki has to save the Planet, in the name of Seto and Buggenhagen(was it wrote this way?). I'll put in my team Tifa, and perhaps Barret too. FFVII was the first Final Fantasy game I played, and the first RPG too. :)

Max the Man
08-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I still play it... I haven't beat any of them tho.... >_<

Barret05
08-26-2005, 02:23 PM
i love ff7 cus of da mix of characters and da gr8 storyline . My team is cloud tifa & cid

Sephiroth11209
08-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I am new here and I always play it I use Cloud,Vincent,and Barret

Spiff
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Well, I just found it in a box that was in storage. Needless to say, I'm hooked! :p

ff7Alexander
11-28-2005, 11:14 PM
i still play it been playing it for like 5 years waste of a life. i use Cloud,Yuffie,and cid.

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Yup...still wasting brain matter here too. Cloud, Cid, Barret

wimsi
11-29-2005, 04:47 PM
i have 6,7,8,9,10 and 10-2, but the only one i'm really still playing is ff7. i just love it and it was the first game i ever played

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 10:52 PM
I have V through X-2 and feel the same way. It's a classic and imo, the gr8est game ever made. Can't beat it!

Avathar
12-04-2005, 06:05 PM
my brother only plays FF6 and FF9. just because they're the easiest :D
but in 6 he's to lame to continue in the World of Chaos :D :D

PLUS he thinks FF7 sucks.... he was just halted by the graphics... i mean, he hasn't even met Sephiroth. Too bad for him. I still thinks 7 is the best. :p

Phoenix Flame
12-06-2005, 12:09 AM
my brother only plays FF6 and FF9. just because they're the easiest :D
but in 6 he's to lame to continue in the World of Chaos :D :D

PLUS he thinks FF7 sucks.... he was just halted by the graphics... i mean, he hasn't even met Sephiroth. Too bad for him. I still thinks 7 is the best. :p

Man, I feel so sorry for your bro - not knowing what he's missing! :)

Yes, FFVII truly is the best in the series. I've got a pretty good game going right now. Thanks to shadowheart I think I'll get my gold chocobo tonight & get KoTR materia.

Avathar
12-06-2005, 03:38 PM
... what do you actually think that i find ff6 and ff9 the easiest? I wonder if most people agree....

Phoenix Flame
12-06-2005, 05:35 PM
... what do you actually think that i find ff6 and ff9 the easiest? I wonder if most people agree....

Not neccessarily, I think that in the world of ruin in 6, it can be a little difficult, from time to time, to find your way to the next action event sequence. I sometimes find myself stuck (especially if I just turned on the game after a long time being away) and have to search for the next place I'm supposed to go.

As for FFIX, well, let's just say that it's been a while since I played through, but I remember it being kind of easy, yes. :p

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
For some reason I never had the chance to buy FF9. Although over the holiday break I'll probably buy the game and play it for once. Funny thing my friend bought Ff7 the day it came out and....it took him 7 years to beat it lol.

Avathar
12-13-2005, 08:10 AM
....seven years?! ....with or without finishing all the secrets (if with, that's still a long time :D )

Black Mage
12-13-2005, 08:49 AM
He found every secret but one and i think it was bahamut zero i'm not sure..

Phoenix Flame
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Must not be an avid player then. I think I beat in in 28 hours and then went back for everything - total playing time...like 60 hours.

Avathar
12-13-2005, 03:06 PM
i think, with every secret, that i came to 90 hours... i really wasn't hasty about finding everything fast :D

Black Mage
12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Well I mean I can't play Final Fantasy like every hour cause i have some homework to do and test and so on and so on. But my friend got it when he was a kid so it was hard for him.

Phoenix Flame
12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Ahhh... I used my youth as an excuse though :D I remember playing Legend of Zelda when I was a kid and my dad stepped on the damn power socket! I couldn't play for almost two weeks. I was so stoked when they got it fixed I played it all night till I beat it!

<tilts head back>
Now those were the days!

Black Mage
12-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah I sometimes wish the days would go slower or I could just replay the old days. I mean everything has changed now that i'm in highschool. 9th grader you know. I can't stand the kids in my own grade! I feel like i'm baby sitting middle school kids here! They act like losers. Whoops kinda got off subject sorry dude.

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 03:46 AM
LOL! NO prob...just wait until you get OUT of H.S. Then you can remember all the free time you have now that you used to play video games instead of focusing on you edjumacation :D

Cloud101
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I agree with The Dark Palidin on that one, a swordsman, and two gunners!

Tiny Bronco
02-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I play FF7 all the time. I've use all the characters and like them equally.

Zeromus_X
02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I've started picking it up again, so I can get eight counter and mime materia :p (I really want to just pound emerald weapon into the ocean floor; I have only four counter/mimes so far, and I already do so. But with eight, I just need to use two hero drinks, Omnislash, and it's "Revenge Stamp" spells It's own demise. :D)

With Cid's Scimitar (I sold the Apocalypse Sword...-I-;;; ), and the mountain of dead Magic Pots behind me adding up quick, I can easily get more counters and mimes. I've just been side-tracked by all the other rpgs I've gotten (how did I live without a ps2 before?! so many rpgs...), and I'm lazy.

But I did start a new game, naming everyone the correct names, and using a new party. (instead of Cloud-Yuffie-Kitten Sith)

Like,

Nanaki instead of Red XIII. The dialogue at Cosmo Canyon will be interesting.

And Aerith instead of Aeris. Merely so it's the proper name.

And FFVII has an amazing story. Well, they all do, but y'know :P

I've also started messing with the window color. I made a psychedelic window color! :D I never changed it from it's classic blue color before, but now i see it's easy to sort through my countless files on my memory card.

Wow...what a long post. And I'm using proper grammar too. Kinda scary ...

Phoenix Flame
02-21-2006, 01:55 PM
That's kinda funny...I change the window color on every game that allows me to do so...I'm a big purple fan :D N E ways, I think with over 100 posts since this thread's beginning, I'd say that a lot of people still play part VII - and for a good reason! This game's got it all!

Cloud101
02-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't know about purple, but all black makes everything stand out better.

Tiny Bronco
02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
When the Limit gauge is flashing and your background is black it looks sweet. I tend to go with a special light purple to dark purple to black. Very cool.

Zeromus_X
02-21-2006, 06:59 PM
I made mine-

Lower left classic blue, don't change; Lower Right highest Blue, Upper Left highest green, and Upper Right highest Red.

I made it that way so I'd know which file is "Post WEAPONS" or "Pre-Weapons", because once I spent a day killing magic pots and getting eight counters, mimes, only to discover that that file was after I killed Emmy/Ruby. Very disappointing... :p

Tiny Bronco
02-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Ooooooooooooo. That sucks Zero. :( :( :( What do magic pots look like???? I've don't fight them for training unless I need to master a materia which is rare by the time I'm in the final dugeon.

Zeromus_X
02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
They appear in the "swamp area" of the Northern Crater. (Movers, they give 2400 ap, provided you finish them in time, also appear there.) They will ask for you to give them an elixir, and the only way to damage them is to use it on them. (If you attack them when they haven't gotten one, they steal an item from you, and you can't get it back unless you kill them.) Using a Megalixir will not work.

And of course, the only way to get mass Elixir's is the wonderfully convenient W-Item Materia :D Some may consider it cheating, but hey, whatever works :p (At least it's inside the game, not an Action-Replay code or something.)

You may also frequently run into Veterans (Ahrimans), Christopher and Ghighee, but mostly Magic Pots (and Movers, rarely.) Having the "Enemy Lure" Materia on, should help. (Won in the Battle Arena. Only like a few hundred BP, you should get one in one match.) You should master a few (or like me, eight :D) just doing this.

Now, what I do, is equip Cid's Scimitar (hopefully, you didn't sell the Apocalypse Sword, like I did...), which has triple AP growth. However, it only has two materia slots, which you should fill with Mime and Counter (or some other high-level materia). With that, you can slaughter magic pots for easily 3,000 ap a fight, 6,000 if you encounter two. Better yet, If you have Apocalypse for Cloud, more materia can be levelled. Just make sure to replenish your item supply.

Whew, hopefully that explains everything. Maybe I should make a questions thread..Any more questions, ask! :)

gcarev10
02-26-2006, 11:39 AM
apocalxpse just have 3 spot but that is ok coz that sward have triple it be more good that she have more spot.

squiike
03-04-2006, 07:04 AM
i actually play the game right now! i have gotten as far as rocket town :D i use the same weapons and armor as each caracter starts with for the challenge :o

darkmajinvegeta
03-04-2006, 09:16 AM
i still play it...

darkmajinvegeta
03-05-2006, 03:04 PM
ff7 are fun for a little older game

Zeromus_X
03-05-2006, 05:53 PM
This is getting to the point where I'm just going to delete your spam on sight darkmajinvegeta. Do not double post, especially if it's spam, or if it's just what you said in the first post.

Forum Rules (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=806)

At any rate, I did start a new game. Just got to the Mythril Mine. Gotta love that pre-stupid-meteor-always-ruining-everything-why- world map theme :D :p

Tiny Bronco
03-09-2006, 08:38 PM
The Mythril Mines are very cool. I always get my characters to get all the Level 3 Limits when I'm in there. The monsters do a lot of damage and you fight them in 5s in one room near the end. Great way to Level up too. Happy Gaming Zero.

Zeromus_X
03-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Yes, I read about that in a "Limit Break Mechanics Guide", which really helped me understand how learning limits worked. Yes, Flamethrower is good for killing 3-5 enemies every battle to build up towards the next X-1 limit.

Heh. Me and my friends took turns trying to kill the Midgar Zolom. xD Naturally, my party in the teens couldn't hope to kill it. :D

I plan on making a killer team (I hope I didn't already say this. Oh well.) Of Cloud, Cid, and Barret, since they have the most devastating Limits. (Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax.) Too bad I don't get Cid until later. He's so cool, especially when you win, he takes a drag :p He really is the "vulgar old man" character of this game. (Not to mention anything anyone ever says is overshadowed by anything said by Cid.)

darth phille
03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
nah i dont play it anymore

Cloud Strife
03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
I do! FFVII is still my favorite game. In fact, all I play are the old classics: FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, & Earthbound. I love those games.

Tiny Bronco
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Classics are hard to beat no matter what. Its been a while since I played any Mario games.

Lucavi86
03-22-2006, 01:55 AM
I still play FFVII every now and then, I'm actually playing FFIV at the moment, but I was just about to start a new file of VII :P

Zeromus_X
03-22-2006, 02:44 AM
I've actually been on a new game of VII. I just got to Mt. Corel :p And of course, I know alot about the game now, so my performance should be better now. (I know how to get certain materia, items, etc.)

LoneWolf
03-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi, Brand new to the site and already startin to like it. Love FF7 and play it still this day, lol matter of fact i am playing ff6 at this moment and about ready to go to the sealed cave.

Cloud101
03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome LoneWolf, and I have to agree with you on the FFVII thing!

dragonzell
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
i think it is the best ff game there is it also has the best story line ever

Sephiroth_ette
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
I screwed this one up! SORRY

Sephiroth_ette
04-21-2006, 10:44 PM
have played it 3 times! I love that game! I didn't know anyone else still played it.

Tiny Bronco
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Me thinks that since there are 9 pages in this thread many people still play FF7! And I'm one of them.
I just got to that peaceful point in the game where I've done all the sidequests, and am just training so I can beat Ruby without much effort.

Yeyana
04-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Me! I have bought 4 copies for myself, and recieved two( one Ps1, one for PC), and all because... They wore out on me O.o;

Tiny Bronco
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
I hate that so much. When my first copie couldn't load a game on Disc. 3 I fell apart. Luckily a month or so later I spotted a NEW FF7 at gamespot and sprinted over to get it! Last copy. That was 2 years ago and now my second copy is begining to get slow. :(

Yeyana
04-30-2006, 06:29 PM
^_^ Hehe...
I think my biggest problem was(is) my CD case... It ruined a whole bunch of my CDs, an ORIGINAL copy of Tactics, and most of my games...
O.o; About time to get a new one, no?
Eto... however, the most recent copy of FF7 I've gotten was a new copy at Walmart. Yay for only $15!!!

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
A similar thing happened to me with FFIX, the first disc stopped loading during a certain event. So I had to borrow my friend's disc one. :p

gcarev10
05-03-2006, 05:55 PM
if u play game on ps 2 that will hapend not just 1 times,that will hapent much more times coz i know that my fveiends have that problem on they ps2 , i mast say that i dont have ps2 so i dont know zhat thing for sure , on ps 1 never hapend to me.

Tiny Bronco
05-03-2006, 06:05 PM
The most annoying thing is that even if you leave a FF7 Disc. IN the Playstation is will still get slowly ruined. The lasers that read the disk slowly ware away the data. How sad. I don't bother with CD cases because they seem to do more damage than good. I just stick my CDs between to slabs of velevet foam and put them in a drawer. Works pretty well.

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
but in that way cd can be skrechd

SethirothVII
05-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Yea best final fantasy i use cloud, cid, and red in all battles its just the best i cant start and do it all over again

cause by disk 2 doesnt work doh!

gcarev10
05-16-2006, 06:20 PM
hey sephirot7 whay not use barret he is much beter then nanaki

Cloud_Rulez
05-18-2006, 03:40 PM
FF7 got me into FF and ever since then iv been hooked (lyk reely hooked), it was lyk a drug i got grounded 21 times because of it and lost 2 gfs :o most peeps wud think its sad but the game is so awesome. iv just recently bought FF7 for the PC for £252 coz i just recently trashed my PSX when i cudnt find disc 3 but then i found it in my money box lol, i also lyk FFX but i think FFX-2 took it 2 far it was 2 gurlie but still a great game and i didnt think much of FF8-9

Tiny Bronco
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Well welcome to FFnet.net. FF7 was my first FF ever too and like many people it is by far my undying favorite. It has with stood the test of time after being great for 5 years now. For me at least.

Spec Highwind
05-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm playing FF7: Ultima Edition (PC Version)

I can't get tired of this game.... even though I ended it on the PSX

and I use Cloud, Cid and Red

when I was playing on the PSX I used Clous, Vincent and Red

Tiny Bronco
05-21-2006, 04:44 PM
I've had all the characters in my main party at least once.

Vincent
05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
mmmm, i still play (my first time playin :P ) and my party (disc 3) is Yuffie, Red XII n Cloud

Hydra
05-21-2006, 05:58 PM
lol, I try to do no save playthroughs every now and then. Sometimes I just play it to play it and save. It's still pretty fun.

Toshiharu
05-28-2006, 11:46 AM
i started to play it on my pc last week....i stoped tho due to lazyness

Phoenix Flame
06-01-2006, 05:14 AM
I guess we can assume by the posts alone that a lot of people still play VII...probably more now that the movie's come out eh?

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 05:25 AM
I haven't played it in some time. I think I got to Mt. Corel in the latest game I played. I just realized how broken yet MP consuming Summons are. (Not counting KOR.)

I am, however, going to use Barret through the whole game so I can try and replicate what the person in the Yarikomi video has done. (Counter/Mimes are easy to get, it's just training Barret to where he gets suitable stats. I guess stat-sourcing is gonna be the answer to this one.)

It'll be so fun when I do.http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/Llaugh.gif

Avathar
06-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Personally (although i love the game), of all the FF-games i've played, i still think Final Fantasy VII has the lowest replayability. =/

richboywonder
06-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I still play it.It's the best game I ever played in my life.

Ajianni
06-22-2006, 08:16 PM
yep my #1 game

ChocoboMan
06-22-2006, 09:04 PM
ff7 the best game i ever played in my life

ChocoboMan
06-23-2006, 01:44 PM
i do, the best game i ever played

wakka
06-23-2006, 02:20 PM
i do because i lone the caricters limit brakes

Spirit
06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
I do and still my #1 game

wakka
06-24-2006, 10:13 AM
i do because i love the music and bosses

Kat
06-24-2006, 02:29 PM
i do i like it its one of my favorite FF's

Tiny Bronco
06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I've played 11 games of FF7 each one well over 99hrs.
You just don't get bored of that game.
And this is the 4000 post in this thread so LOTS of people still play FF7.

Kat
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
wow i thot i was one ov the only people that played it but hey not any more! :p

wakka
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
i still play ff7

Kat
06-24-2006, 03:39 PM
thats a good thing!

richboywonder
06-25-2006, 02:39 AM
I can't get enough of it.

richboywonder
06-27-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll play it all day.

ChocoboMan
06-29-2006, 01:52 AM
i do cant get enough of it

Silver Fox
07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I've played VII the most out of all of my games. It's my favorite video game hands down, and I've never gotten bored with it. I've beaten the game about 5 times and probably started at least 20 games on it. Reading this thread wants me to play it again right now.

Dark Cloud
07-11-2006, 02:53 PM
You just cant get enough of it and is THE best ff ever. i started to play it when i was 8 now im 13 ive played it now about 10 times. i got it for my b'day. Im playing it right now im on 5 hours

Avathar
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I've finished it three times, first time played it when i was 16. Although it's one of my favourite Final Fantasy games, i find the replayability not so high. =/

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I still play I,II & VII

ultimecia
07-17-2006, 04:36 AM
i play on it sometimes when i feel like starting a new game

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 07:58 PM
i play it everyday.

Kat
07-24-2006, 02:22 AM
i do to one of my favorites

SephirogaUltimecia
07-25-2006, 04:42 AM
I can play it for 24 hours straight before having to sleep. Love it!
My usual team before the Ancient City is Aerith, Cloud and Tifa
After Aerith goes away I replace her with Vincent.

blukazoo159
07-29-2006, 11:44 AM
i like legend of dragoon too. though, mine keeps freezing!!! ) :

Da Chink
08-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I play it all the time when ppl bring up things im not sure about :)

blackadder93
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Its the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SephirogaUltimecia
08-01-2006, 08:43 PM
if i still had my playstation... darn skippy i would be playing it.

Da Chink
08-04-2006, 07:21 PM
im doing a speed run of FFVII now so im playing it everyday atm :)

Legend
08-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I love the game but still ff8 is still the best

Kat
08-04-2006, 10:57 PM
i happen to love the game,but FFX owns the whole set of FF

chocobo
08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I started to play it again then i broke the disc 1

Freya Crescent
08-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I still play this one because it is first on my top 3 favorites. I loved the storyline and the characters were unique unlike other final fantasies i have played. I wish they would create a remake of it for the PS3. I'd sign up to get it then! :)

dappa
09-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I play it once a year I've been doing this since 2002 the same goes for the other ffs.

ALexander
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I still play ff7 every once in a while just to f**k around.been playing it since i was 8.

dappa
10-04-2006, 06:24 AM
The first time I cleared it my characters where around lvl30 and cloud was at lv50. I didn't do any of the sidequests and just hurried through the game cause my mate who lent it to me wanted it back.

To finish the final dungeon took me from 6pm in the evening til 2 in the morning to defeat sephiroth cause my characters were so weak. I bought my own copy eventually and played through the game properly.

neo magic z
10-22-2006, 02:39 AM
...so much playing.... eyes fried from playing to much.... brain shriveled the size of a penut... so much fun.... o yeah

Yggdrasill
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM
I pick it up every now-and-then but I don't really start any new playthroughs.
I just level my characters a bit and sometimes take on Sephiroth.

murkywatersinusall
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I stil play it too. I'm hooked on Vincent mostly. Cloud is more of a "if all else fails" character in my file. I'm trying to learn more about Vincent's story. I know he was a turk before Sephiroth put him in the coffin but other than that I don't know too much about him.