PDA

View Full Version : Tidus... the most annoying Hero?

DarkCloud
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Of all the Final Fantasy games, i find Tidus' character to be one of the most unique (considering of course his 'origin' in the game) ive heard some of my friends say that they found his character to be quite annoying, for these main facts: he doesn't shut up, he never knows whats going on, and noone knows his name ( in the game).
keep in mind that these are not MY thoughts, just some school friends, i personally find his character to be quite compelling and passionate. especially since he's the first main hero on FF to be put with a voice :D

what are your thoughts?

Dr.Jackal(Get_Backers)
07-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't find him annoying at all..that could be because Final Fantasy X was the first ever Final Fantasy game I ever played and from then on I picked up 7,8 and so on. So to me...Tidus is my hero! lol

FFnut
07-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Yeah, Tidus is annoying and a crybaby, but I'd rather have a main character like that than one who has an identity crisis every five seconds or is an angsty freak. You know who I mean.

ShadowHeart
07-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes, Tidus is a little annoying at times, easily the most out of all main FF characters IMO.. but he's not that bad when he's either quiet or being serious :)

And about noone knowing his name in the game.. I think that's because you get to choose his name, don't you? I can't remember for sure if you do, because it was a long time ago I played it last time, but it would make sense - you can't make characters speak out a generic name in an acceptable way (at least not yet, maybe on the next generation consoles though?)

DarkCloud
07-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally Quoted by Shadowheart
And about noone knowing his name in the game.. I think that's because you get to choose his name, don't you?

Thats true, and thats why my friends said that 'no one knows his name' when in fact, it is because you can name him. i set them straight the feeble minds they are lol.
Yes, i DO hope that in next generation games, certain generic names can be quoted, it would be a radical change!

ShadowHeart
07-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah.. and I'm sure some ppl would have tons of fun listening to the characters in the game saying tons of vulgarities heh.

Helkaweth
08-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Tidus was indeed one of the most annoying characters ever to grace a Final Fantasy game. I rank him up there with Selphie from VIII.

Xartex
08-20-2005, 07:34 PM
he was anoying but i didn't really mind... i liked him anyway

Ac][d-FyrE
08-28-2005, 12:39 AM
CLOUD was the best i havent liked any1 other hero better, but zidane comes close love ff7, n then ff9 hehe

Max the Man
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I liked Tidus, cause he was the first main Char for a long time who doesn't sulk, like at all. (and don't say Zidane didn't sulk, cause he did in Terra) I didn't like Squall, cause he was too caught up with himself. And Cloud just confused me, so that was annoying

ShadowHeart
08-29-2005, 01:50 AM
and don't say Zidane didn't sulk, cause he did in Terra
Sounds like you didn't like that scene. That was a one time thing, and he sure had good reason for it. His world was literally turned upside down. Heroes can't be sad and show emotions in games? I'd say that doesn't quite count.

Sin
08-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you didn't like that scene. That was a one time thing, and he sure had good reason for it. His world was literally turned upside down. Heroes can't be sad and show emotions in games? I'd say that doesn't quite count.
i agree with u shadow but i also agree with max about squall and cloud well i just started playing 7 and im at the church whenre he rescues aries* (hope i spelled ti right) and i still dont understand him...:|

slimebucket
09-02-2005, 12:38 AM
bah, Tidus isn't nearly as annoying as Rikku... god a hate that ... (we'll there might be lil kids reading this so im not gunna say what she is, but U KNOW WHAT SHE IS!!!)

whhhaaaaaaaa the lighting will kill me!! AAHHH THE LIGHTING!!! I TAKE E EVERY DAY WHEN I WAKE UP!!!! OMG THE LIGHTING!!! wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! IM LIKE SELPHIE BUT WORSE!!!

god.... as soon as my characters got mug and steal I never used her again....

Baku
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't like zidane, but I agree with slimebucket in saying Rikku's worse, she really has got to be the worst ever FF character not just in X but in all of them.

Totorosama
09-28-2005, 02:00 AM
While Tidus was a fool (my opinion) and immature, he was the most realistic.

steviepimpin
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
The only reason people think that tidus is anoying is because this is the first final fantasy game that has the people saying words before they couldnt hear the characters be whiny and anoying now they can and as for the whole not saying his name thing thats because you can change the main characters name

steviepimpin
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
And as for the most anoying ff character it has to be a tie between Cloud-for not knowing what is going on in his life and for giving the black materia to sephiroth and for almost killing aries Rikku-for just plain old being a scaredie cat and just that voice and last but not least Selphie-U know Why

Spiff
10-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Good point, the only way he was different from other FF Characters was the fact that he could be heard. Maybe he'll be judged more fairly when FF XII comes out.

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok, I feel compelled to challenge a few ideas in this thread.

1) Tidus is annoying. Ok, I believe that, just like other heros, he has his moments. But if you look at what's going on in his life a> he has no idea where the hell he is or what this whole new world is even about, b> he's head over heels for Yuna - that's enough to get any man a little screwed up imo, and c> he's got an internal crisis going on with his father leaving him and living up to...no, surpassing his image as the #1 blitzer. I think that in spite of everything negative you seem to throw at him he holds up pretty well and get's #2 on my list for most awesome hero.
2) Rikku is SO annoying. Man, she's like 16! I suppose no one else can relate to being scared of cliffs, tarantulas, lightning, or any other phobias huh? Besides, she's kinda cute for a polygon-clad character :)
3) Cloud was annoying because he had schitzophrenia (or whatever you want to call it.) - His identity crisis WAS, and remains to be, very confusing even after playing several hundreds of hours through the game. But I think that's another aspect to FFVII that makes it so great (and unforgettable!) I think you would be a little screwed up too if you a>had been injected w/Jenova cells and were weak, b> tried your hardest to get into soldier and be like sephiroth but ended up being a failure and hiding your face, or c> had Jenova whispering in you ear that your a frickin puppet w/no strings.

Try to lighten up and enjoy the storyline a little more would ya?

ShadowIsGod
02-08-2006, 06:34 AM
heh tidus does suck but i do have to agree with slimebucket with rikku being the most annoying she's a dirty little bitch (to finish your sentence)

slimcloud
02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
i think tidus was a good hero for the story line could you imagine yuna shagn kilmari or wakka ?the point is the creators made a follow up and made a drastic mistake placing the most melodramatic polygon i have ever encountered the fact is we all learn from our mistakes dont we?

kain_highjumper
02-24-2006, 01:04 PM
i think tidus is the the best hero and charaktar

Zeromus_X
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately, I think they picked the worst possible voice actor for Tidus, and that is probably why everyone thinks he's annoying. All the other characters have excellent voices, which fit their character. Except Tidus. Tidus is supposed to be like a 20-year old, not a little kid :p You'll notice he looks alot older/mature in the FMVs.

I wonder who did his voice in the Japanese version? :rolleyes:

ShadowHeart
02-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, Tidus sounds like an immature little 10 year old kid sometimes.

Alter Slash
04-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't find him annoying at all..that could be because Final Fantasy X was the first ever Final Fantasy game I ever played and from then on I picked up 7,8 and so on. So to me...Tidus is my hero! lol
me too,besides he makes out with yuna :rolleyes: :) :D

Alter Slash
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
i think dona and bartello(or whatever his d@m& name is) are if you count them as heros.

Eru Iluvatar
04-26-2006, 04:39 AM
if you hate Tidus (which I don't) see Squall.

Avathar
04-26-2006, 06:07 AM
I thought Tidus' character was just to ignorant to be the male hero of the game.

Zeromus_X
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
The only reason people hate him is because of his horrible (and I do mean horrible, they didn't even try did they?) voice actor, which made him sound like a stupid little kid. His Japanese voice on the other hand, sounds more mature, but that's kinda a given.

Although...

"Are you going to scream?" "Maybe."

"I hate you." (Especially when he says it all fast, like...jeez.)

"Hey! No fair!"

Such funny dialogue. ^^

Wait, do the European versions have the same script we do, or different voice actors? I've never been sure on that.

Avathar
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I think so... but i've seen game sequences of FFX, both in English and in Japanese, but the voices don't really bother me, the voices don't change Tidus' ignorance. :p

Austin Al
05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
tidus: his voice fet the part when he cared about the moment alot.... if they didn' make him act like little kid the game would have done alot better than it did... for fans anyway.... he was like a pussy hero..... like a normal person that would have been fighting "Sin" but he wasn't normal becuse he had powers..... i think they made him more of a lover than a fighter... that is y he made me mad

blackadder93
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, He can be anoying at times but I like his charracter.

I also think its cool how he is telling the story while you play it.

Eru Iluvatar
05-17-2006, 11:39 AM
he may not be as cool as Auron,but i don't hate him

Kat
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
tidus wasnt really annooying but more childish and abnoxious ;)

Kat
05-21-2006, 08:26 PM
"only those who try will become, never try to be another person."
-Kimarhi Ronso

choco luvor
05-26-2006, 01:13 PM
tidus can be annoying but i like him. he is way hoter than maestor seymour. hes more annoying than squall. sguall would never speak his mind although we knew wat he was thinkin. tidus is a good hero.

Hydra
05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Heh......I liked Tidus. He was a little annoying, and cocky. Overall, he was a great hero though. O.o

Zerlina
05-26-2006, 07:28 PM
I've never played FFX, but I think Squall is the most annoying.

Out of everyone.

Ever.

I'm not sure how the ending is like to this game, but from what I've read here it seems that Tidus is more of a hero than any of the other FF main characters.
He's not some lone mercenery or struggling (and tormented) soldier. He's an ordinary person who really shouldn't be saving the world. It's so much harder for someone to be brave, courageous, and to face evil, when they are ordinary.
I mean...think of chocolate. Who should be congratulated for giving it up? Someone who doesn't like it in the first place (and is naturally capable) or someone who loves it, but stops eating it anyways.
It's so much more admirable when someone who isn't typically strong presses through their inabilities and still accomplishes a goal, than when someone who is already capable does so.

I hope that made sense.

Seyluv
06-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I can't stand Tidus, I don't see why in the world he was chosen to be the hero.

Hydra
06-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Meh, it's just he revolves around the main story the most. If it wasn't for that, he probably wouldn't be the main character/hero.

darkshadow2247
06-13-2006, 02:27 PM
why did he get to be the main hero...shouldn't it have been Yuna?

Hydra
06-13-2006, 03:19 PM
He's the one who got warped from Dream Zanarkand, and one of the only ones who can communicate with Sin. So, I guess he should be the main character. :D

Kat
06-25-2006, 11:14 AM
why would tidus be annoying,to me he's just scared confused and in a foreign world,he has no idea wat is going on,so he asks lots of questions that must be the annoyingness your talking about all the questions,you would too if you got sucked up into the sky and landed in some other demention......wouldnt you? :(

Hydra
06-25-2006, 04:18 PM
lol, no , because he is a little annoying... But oh well. :D

Kat
06-25-2006, 05:09 PM
how is he annoying? :~

Staircase
06-25-2006, 06:14 PM
umm... yea, Tidus was the best hero in all of the games. I dont know where you get annoying from. I think it was just the change from horribly emotionless people. To an energetic charachter. And tidus showed LOVE. I think tidus far surpasses cloud.

-Zerlina

"I'm not sure how the ending is like to this game, but from what I've read here it seems that Tidus is more of a hero than any of the other FF main characters.
He's not some lone mercenery or struggling (and tormented) soldier. He's an ordinary person who really shouldn't be saving the world. It's so much harder for someone to be brave, courageous, and to face evil, when they are ordinary.
I mean...think of chocolate. Who should be congratulated for giving it up? Someone who doesn't like it in the first place (and is naturally capable) or someone who loves it, but stops eating it anyways.
It's so much more admirable when someone who isn't typically strong presses through their inabilities and still accomplishes a goal, than when someone who is already capable does so.

I hope that made sense."

WOW... Made perfect sence and is all true. My EXACT thoughts!! And he has emotion. He LOVED Yuna. In all the other FF's it seemed the main chars didnt understand love.

Spec Highwind
06-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I think that, if you want energetic/funny characters, you can find them in FF6!!! Edgar, Locke... wow! I really like Locke because he is both funny, and as his tragic and love story...

Kat
06-25-2006, 07:10 PM
wat staircase just said that was awesome! now i got one person i my side beliveing tidus is kewl

Hydra
06-26-2006, 07:44 PM
lol, if you put it that way, Yuna, a normal person, forced to become a High Summoner and save the world from Sin, is also capable of being a better character. O.o

Kat
06-28-2006, 07:20 PM
yea but yuna wasnt forced to become a summoner she just wanted to be one,just like her dadio

Hydra
06-30-2006, 04:09 PM
To follow the path her father went on, to become another to save Spiria with the Final Aeon, I guess in her mind, she was forced to do it. Not forced by other people, of course, but she forced herself to become one. That's why Wakka and Lulu talked about changing her mind. o_0 Like Tidus. Tidus didn't have to become a guardian and all that happen to him. But he made himself do that. :D

Kat
06-30-2006, 08:47 PM
yea if you put it that way.....she did force herself....darn it y are you always right? :~

Hydra
07-02-2006, 04:59 PM
lol, tell that to my old high school report cards.. way smarter now than back then.. @_@

Anyway, I guess Tidus is a good hero... no experience at the beginning, and he learned everything by the end. I guess you could call him one.

Kat
07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
yea! :D

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Cloud is the best hero..With his buster sword.

Naruto
07-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Tidus is not annoying at all in the game. He's pretty cool! Yet he does talk a lot

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
The cool thing about Tidus is his swords.

Kat
07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
tidus is hot too

Hydra
07-16-2006, 01:30 AM
The cool thing about Tidus is his swords.
You sound like Fighter. XD

Yeah, his swords ARE pretty cool looking..

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Tidus is pronounced (Tee-Dous) or (Tie-Dous) confusing..
and he isnt really annoying..his talk scenes are boring tho :-/

Kat
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
its pronounced tie-dous,and i certainly dont think he is annoying

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Tidus' real name is just 'Tida', but for the rest of you the correct pronunciation is 'Tee-dus'.

Hydra
07-17-2006, 08:03 PM
It's shown in KH it's pronounced 'tee-dus'. Tie-dus just sounds so much better though. :D

Kat
07-17-2006, 08:07 PM
okay you guys are confusing, back on topic :p

darkshadow2247
07-18-2006, 03:31 AM
You sound like Fighter. XD

Yeah, his swords ARE pretty cool looking..
i know i'm quoting an old post but...

wasn't it the brotherhood the one that had the bubbles trapped inside. or was it the one that Auron gave him in Zanarkand?

Hydra
07-18-2006, 03:40 AM
Yeah, it's the Brotherhood.

darkshadow2247
07-18-2006, 11:36 AM
yea, that sword did look prett awesome anyways, after replaying the game i don't really think tidus is really all that annoying anymore. in the beginning of the game where he doesn't have a clue, yea. but when you get around the half way point i think he gains a lot of maturity and not quite as bothersome as before. must be Sin'a toxins or something :P

Avathar
07-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Although he can be annoying at some times...Tidus is one of the most humane characters, maybe the most humane character I've ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. =/

darkshadow2247
07-18-2006, 08:57 PM
especially when you have these psychoes hell-bent on revenge and gutting someone else

ultimecia
07-19-2006, 09:03 AM
i think tidus his a wiked character its funny that he doesnt know anything at all about spira so its allways explained to you so you feel like you are tidus

Kat
07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
i never thot about that before.....

blukazoo159
08-02-2006, 05:09 PM
i realy like auron's celestuial sword. it looks so kool!!!!

Phoenix Flame
08-12-2006, 08:21 AM
i realy like auron's celestuial sword. it looks so kool!!!!

Not TOO off-topic :)

I agree.

The only thing I thought that was annoying/irritating/mildly humorous about Tidus was the smile Square gives him in some of the scenes (like when he's swimming towards Yuna at Lake Macalania.) <Dude! Like, wipe that s*** eating grin off your face >

Yeah...its that annoying. :D :cool:

Spirit
08-16-2006, 08:08 PM
tidus is mixture of be annoying and funny ...at times

dappa
10-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I dont find Tidus annoying but his voice reminds me of Marty Mclfly from the Back to the future films.

Gackt Camui
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah I don't find Tidus annoying either. Maybe a little naive and cocky at the beginning but he grows out of that as the game progresses.

forever yours
04-06-2007, 12:15 AM
no definently not. i think that vaan from FF XII is the most annyoing of them all.

Gackt Camui
04-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Yes I agree...He is so annoying!

Phoenix Flame
05-19-2007, 11:30 AM
no definently not. i think that vaan from FF XII is the most annyoing of them all.

;not

dappa
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
I dont find vaan annoying or tidus annoying for that matter. Vaan, people say he is annoying but haven't given any reasons.

ziekhart
06-12-2007, 12:19 AM
tidus is kinda annoiyng

Doctor
06-12-2007, 02:55 AM
I personally loved Tidus. He wasn't annoying at all; I mean, if you were just suddenly sucked up by Sin into another world, you wouldn't know what was going on either. :P

And, although this is probably a stupid reason, nobody knows his name because, well, they never asked. Simple as that. I mean, Tidus could have told everybody, but he was too busy being confused and learning about everything in Spira to mention his own name. XDD You can't really blame the guy.

So yeah, he was a really good main hero, I think. :D

Kat
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I personally loved Tidus. He wasn't annoying at all; I mean, if you were just suddenly sucked up by Sin into another world, you wouldn't know what was going on either. :P

And, although this is probably a stupid reason, nobody knows his name because, well, they never asked. Simple as that. I mean, Tidus could have told everybody, but he was too busy being confused and learning about everything in Spira to mention his own name. XDD You can't really blame the guy.

So yeah, he was a really good main hero, I think. :Di tried explaining that,but they dont listen. >_<
you have mentioned some things i didn't though,lol.
like the whole "name" disscussion.
XD
i never even paid attention to that until you pointed it out!
no one in the entire game mentions his name verbally...
he might as well not even have one.
>_<

dappa
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
They always refered to tidus as "him" didnt they?

I suppose if you rename him to whatever you wanted they wouldn't be able to voice act his name.

Marius
06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
hmmmm? i don think tidus is annoying. maybe he's so perky cuz he doesn't want to hold on to all the negativity sin(or should i say his father jecht) has brought him. ya kno

Darkreno
06-13-2007, 12:40 AM
well i see y people can find tidus annoying.sometimes he lets his emotions cloud him a bit in the middle of confrontation. which is probably why i can't really hate on the guy either.after all how would it really be being the son of Sin.

clief101_
06-13-2007, 01:03 AM
i find that the main hero's on the ps2 versions of final fantasy are a bit sissy...they kinda lost there touch in makin good quality hero's...i remeber the good days with cloud and squall...and to a degree zidane (ive only played from 7 onwards) lol

Kat
06-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Tidus..just isn't annoying.
if i was in his position i would act the same way he did..only probably much worse.
he was confused,homesick,lost,alone--how could you blame him for his emotions clouding him constantly?
Spira was totally different from Zanarkand,considering he lived off of Machina and in Spira it was taboo to use.
His dad was the bringer of death to the world of Spira--and im pretty sure that only added to his emotion.
I think he has a right to break down in certain parts of the game.

dappa
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Tidus..just isn't annoying.
if i was in his position i would act the same way he did..only probably much worse.
he was confused,homesick,lost,alone--how could you blame him for his emotions clouding him constantly?
Spira was totally different from Zanarkand,considering he lived off of Machina and in Spira it was taboo to use.
His dad was the bringer of death to the world of Spira--and im pretty sure that only added to his emotion.
I think he has a right to break down in certain parts of the game.

Your right there. That is alot for someone to deal with. He handles it quite well considering the situation.

Kat
06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Your right there. That is alot for someone to deal with. He handles it quite well considering the situation.OMG YES.
HE UNDERSTANDS!!
*hugs Dappa*
OMFG HE UNDERSTANDS.

clief101_
06-14-2007, 03:42 AM
yeh but it doesnt matter how much he had on his mind. for example, in ffIX, when zidane found out he wasnt human, or even born for that matter, he was a gnome...did he turn all 'panzy' like on `the players?? no...or what about cloud? he lost his home to his idol right before his very own eyes. yeh sure, he broke down at the middle of the game, buts thats because he didnt know who he was anymore, and he was doing things against his will...every character in final fantasy has there problems, tidus just wasnt a good main character

Phoenix Flame
06-14-2007, 05:13 AM
I feel that Tidus opened the door to a new world (Spira/Zanarkand) nicely. He was a little hung-up on himself - but what athelete isn't. He was young, naive and (admittedly) at times ignorant. However, I feel like his positive qualities outshined these faults in his character. For example: his desire to help those in need and rid Spira of Sin once and for all. His selfless love for Yuna that brought him (spoilers) ...................to the brink of non-existence and 'fading away.' Who wants to give up their existence for another - only those in love. Don't get me wrong...love stories aren't always what they are cracked-up to be (enter Spidey 3.) I just liked being able to live (and relive) Spira through his eyes and mind.

dappa
06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
On top of that tidus had to finish off his father whom he has only just made peace in his heart with.

Winterkill
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought Tidus was a crybaby *but with good reason* and I named him so in the game.. I'm glad FF started using voices, not just words on the bottom of the screen. I don't think Rikku is that bad. Maybe they should have chose someone else's voice to be the voice of Tidus and he might not have been so annoying..

Phoenix Flame
07-01-2007, 09:16 AM
:rolleyes: ...I didn't find Tidus' voice actor annoying at all.

I did find his smile during the 'aqua' scene to be very tarded though. :S

zen la
07-01-2007, 07:35 PM
you wll find that most people will think the same due to the fact that ffx is the first game where the charachters speak. That damn annoying laughing scene i hated it

dappa
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I must admit the laughing section did make me cringe a little but I could understand why tidus and yuna were doing it.

Shallowmede X
07-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I must admit the laughing section did make me cringe a little but I could understand why tidus and yuna were doing it.

My ps2 froze during that laugh scene... I was forced to look at Tidus' stupid grin for 15 minutes while I sat hoping it would unfreeze...

dappa
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
15 mins of that laugh scene, overkill methinks.

Its weird my ps2 sometimes freezes while wakka and tidus are chatting when tidus visits besaid for the first time.

Kat
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I must admit the laughing section did make me cringe a little but I could understand why tidus and yuna were doing it.awwww
i like that part ^_^
i didn' think there was anything annoying about it what-so-ever.
not even the poor guy's smile or laugh.
but i laugh like that when im upset too..because it makes me laugh for real.
basically making fun of my self so i can laugh about something.
XD

Phoenix Flame
07-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I think I've said something about his grin before.... :rolleyes:

XxAuron.GaurdxX
07-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, he could be a lil whiney b*tch at some times, and it did get annoying by no1 knowing his name. But i liked the whole outfit and backround of him, hehe you might think im crazy saying his cloths are cool :P, but his whole backround and history was cool, like a star player of a blitz team, then after one big bang his a gaurdian.

Kat
07-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, he could be a lil whiney b*tch at some times, and it did get annoying by no1 knowing his name. But i liked the whole outfit and backround of him. hehe you might think im crazy saying his cloths are cool :P, but his whole backround and history was cool, like a star player of a blitz team, then after one big bang his a gaurdian.word.
i loved his background, at the very beginning of the game when he walks out to the crowd in the Blitz Stadium i went nuts, i thought that was awesome!
^_^

dappa
07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah I liked that bit too cause there was some remixed versions of classic final fantasy music playing in the background.

Quizastotl
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I like him better than Cloud anyway.. Maybe better than Squall.. though I keep calling him those two names. His clothes are stupid.

Kat
08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
pshh.
i would dress like him for my next Anime Convention, if i didn't already have a costume.
0_o

so..
i think we have a point here?
Tidus isn't really all that annoying once you've laid out all his problems.
am i correct?
=O

dappa
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Correct you are.

Shinra Soldier 1
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
At first he is whiney and selfish, but turns out to really put all his energy into defeating Sin, then later helping Yuna (sad story) It's just that he puts so much passion into everything he does, which makes him intense

Halim Ondore
04-29-2008, 06:16 AM
:D:D;)Squall Is The Most Anyoying Hero!:cool::cool::)

Kat
05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Lols.
i LOVED Squall.
He was amazing.
<3

But, we're talking about Tidus here, not Squall.
Tidus wasn't annoying if you've been in his shoes.

A lot of people thought he was irritating cause they're also a little more mature than he acted.
He was whiney, but, his intentions were well.
He was just a kid at heart still, and the problems that were thrown at him were...a little difficult.
If I make any sense.
o.o

Griever
05-24-2008, 06:19 AM
I liked Tidus.

And as for him acting like a kid, he's supposed to be 17, which is still a kid to me. Granted, Yuna was the same age, but don't females mature faster than males? (With the exception of Rikku maybe.)

True, I thought he was a whiny little (insert profanity here) at times, but all in all, I think he was a good character. We all get emotional at times, at least his personality was realistic.

As for the voice acting, I actually thought the voice fit his character, as did everyone else's.

Demon_skeith
05-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I would have to agree. tidus is very annoying. I wonder how they put up with him for so long.

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 04:53 AM
I rather thought he was cool, probably cause X was my first FF. :P

But a cheerful hero is what we need, or a crybaby, Either works...

rissole25
10-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Tidus is annoying and a crybaby, but I'd rather have a main character like that than one who has an identity crisis every five seconds or is an angsty freak. You know who I mean.

*cough..cough..CLOUD..cough*

I thought Tidus was an great hero. He wasn't all emotional and mature (at the start) like the other FF heros which i thought was a good change

TherathxRikku
10-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Exactly, FF shouldn't be depressing like VII was, it should be enjoyable.

Heartless Angel
11-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Tidus wasn't annoying, his voice was though... and his ego, constantly saying at very inappropiate times... "Hey! This is my story!" Implying that none of the other characters mattered at all... jk.

:D

TherathxRikku
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, that got a bit self centered. lol but in his defense, it kinda was his story, he being the main character and all. ;P

Malboro
12-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Tidus was just a bit of a moron. He said things in unnecessary times and his english VA made me grind my teeth.

TherathxRikku
12-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Aw, I loved James Arnold Taylor's voice, I sat through TMNT just cause he played Leo. ^-^

And saying things at unnecessary times? How do you mean?

Malboro
12-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Aw, I loved James Arnold Taylor's voice, I sat through TMNT just cause he played Leo. ^-^

And saying things at unnecessary times? How do you mean?

Further proof that he is a lovable moron, I can do that.

When fighting an adamantoise he says "This isn't a rock is it?"

"How many died today? People die, and Yuna dances. When will she stop dancing? When will it stop? Yuna won't stop dancing-not until Sin is gone. Those were my thoughts then... I think." That one is one of my favorites.

There are some other ones, but its late and my memory is shot. :D

rissole25
12-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Lol. That thought makes him sound dumb. But I can see what he meant.

TherathxRikku
12-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Gives him a sense of cheeriness, which is pointed out multiple times in Dissidia, but that's why people think he's likable, I like him just cause he's cool. :) Not to mention, X was my favorite game ever.

But, some of his lines actually are retarded.

Malboro
12-11-2009, 12:50 PM
It does give me a breath of fresh air not having to deal with a hero that needs depression meds though.

TherathxRikku
12-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Exactly! No ProZac for Tidus! xP

clief101_
12-18-2009, 11:17 AM
i still find him annoying. i mean fair enuf, Cloud had an identity issue, squall was a bit emo. but for some reason, they r just cool, like u instantly like them, tidus has to grow on u, and he hasnt on me

TherathxRikku
12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
People are into dark things, I liked Tidus just cause I think he looks cool and he is cool. lol

clief101_
12-19-2009, 11:27 AM
dont get me wrong, he attire dus look pretty kool, i jus didnt like his whimpy attitude....he's not the worst but...vaan is the worst!!!

TherathxRikku
12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Don't even mention Vaan, he's an insult to gay people. >.<

rissole25
12-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Haha Vaan...you'd think he'd end up with Penelo or Ashe or something.

clief101_
12-20-2009, 07:42 AM
he basically ends up with penelo. but still, not a fan of tidus. although i will admit, best blitzballer ever lol, dunno wat id do without him

rissole25
12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
What about Jecht? I wonder who would win between Tidus and Jecht in a blitz match

clief101_
12-20-2009, 08:36 AM
i think jecht was more of a showoff than anything....i mean he may have been a great blitzballer, but i think tidus wouldv surpassed him, i mean, he actualy came up with another jecht shot....kinda

Seyluv
12-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Over time i grew to like Tidus. Hes not so bad...and a good fighter.

Now talking about a annoying hero...so have to be Shin from Gundam Seed Destiny. He wouldn't even listen to people when they try to help and explain stuff. Then in the end he ended up fallin into the hands of the bad guys....too foolish to notice to truth or even accept it. But i wouldn't hate him... i mean he seem more human. If someone was fillin ur head with all kinds of stuff just what would u do really? U can say watchin....oh u so dumb..but what if it was u...what if u had his life?

clief101_
12-20-2009, 09:31 AM
i wouldnt know, i havnt actualy watched gundam seed....a funny hero is Vash the Stampede from Trigun......SCAAAARYYYY!!!!

Seyluv
12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Never heard of Stampede haha

clief101_
12-20-2009, 09:45 AM
huh? the anime is called trigun....u shuld watch it, its awsum. check out an episode on youtube, the 1st 1....it may seem dumb and funny, but it gets more serious as u watch the series

TherathxRikku
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
What about Jecht? I wonder who would win between Tidus and Jecht in a blitz match

In terms of speed, Tidus would win, in terms of TOTALLY OWNING ASS, Jecht wins.

clief101_
12-21-2009, 02:03 AM
lol, i dont know about that. dont get me wrong, jecht may b realy good, but i think tidus would beat him

TherathxRikku
12-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Speed beats strength in most cases.

clief101_
12-21-2009, 04:42 AM
i would rather be faster than stronger. whats the point in havn strength if u cant hit ur opponent??

TherathxRikku
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Which is my policy for every fighting game I've played up to date, Tidus is my best in Dissidia, Toon Link is my best in SSBB, and my worsts are Garland and Ganondorf. >_>

sabaugebenz
10-06-2014, 08:40 AM
The only reason people think that tidus is anoying is because this is the first final fantasy game that has the people saying words before they couldnt hear the characters be whiny and anoying now they can and as for the whole not saying his name thing thats because you can change the main characters name