PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. The 80s

Judge Magister
07-30-2007, 11:53 PM
For all of you children of the 80s, don't you agree that it was the greatest freakin' decade of all time? He-Man, Voltron, G.I. Joe?! Seriously, what decade can compete with that? I had an Intellivision growing up (it was actually my Dad's) and it was AWESOME! Do any of you remember MUSCLE Men, those tiny pink, rubber miniatures? I had this plastic jack-o-latern that I used for Halloween filled with MUSCLE Men. Remember trading Garbage Pail Kids cards at school?! E.T.? Gremlins? Tron (the movie and the arcade game)??!! Oh, and who can forget 'The Brick'...the 50 pound paperweight that was the orginial Game Boy, with it's 'urine' yellow and black screen. *Sigh* those were the days...

Hydra
07-31-2007, 12:01 AM
I miss Voltron and GI Joe.

A WHOLE lot. ;_;

Kat
07-31-2007, 02:43 AM
i liked the 60s and 70s more than the 80s, but hell thats because of Austin Powers making it kewl.
XD

Doctor
07-31-2007, 06:16 AM
^ Except for the Austin Powers part, I agree with you, Kat.

The 80's was, in some ways, a great decade, but nothing can compare to all the happened in the 20 years before that...the most important (to me) being the cultural movements, and music...GOD, the music!

But, I never got to live in the 80's, so I don't have the same experience as those who have. I have no experience in any of the decades before that, either, but that's besides what I'm trying to say. >> All I'm saying is exactly what I just stated at the beginning of this post; I agree with Kat, all the way.

((...What? Godamn, I need more sleep.))

Seyluv
07-31-2007, 07:46 AM
The 80's was the best generation ever!!!!

I'm a 80's baby and proud!!! ;res

Everything about the 80's rock. The style, hair styles, and it even started some of the best sub cultures ever. Most of the best songs were made in the 80's. Most and I would say some of the greatest artists ever all started around the 80's.

Luis
07-31-2007, 08:13 AM
I've been sent lots of mails like this thread... XD

Yeah, it was great. But I didn't live it the same way in Spain, obviously. AND, I remember just a li'l about the 80's, since I was born in 1986.I would link some vids of the cartoons I used to see, but there's no point at all in linking spanish/catalan versions of the cartoons I've seen. ¬¬"

80's was a good one, as well as 90's and the actual one! ^^

dappa
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Some of the songs from the 80's make me cringe.

I remember my garbage pail kids cards when I was at school, I loved trading them!

blackstar
08-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah the 80's were a great age idont really remember them seeing i was born in 91' but im personaly more of a fan of the 90's thank satan for thrash metal :) But yes Voltron kicks some major ass.