PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 and your life

Shinra Soldier 1
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I started playing the game when i was a little kid, probably like 11. It was a sweet game full of action, awesome fighting and a great storyline. However, I would always run away from battles and didn't use a walkthrough so I ddin't know how to get a lot of awesome things, so I wasn't able to beat it. About two years after that I tried playing it again, this time with a gameshark. I rocked the games world, but I fought all the bad guys I encountered, got Yuffie and all the secrets. When I beat the game I actually cried, just because I was so excited I beat this legendary game, I had seen it all and it played such a huge part of my life. Without ff7 I would not be the guy I am today. It taught me patience, persistance, creativity, and the ability to face my demons. How has ff7 affected your life?

Hydra
08-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I got it a while ago. FFX and other PS2 games were already out, and I was like, "Why does anyone think this game is good?"

Mind you, I was only in the first hour of the game or so. ;]

By the time Aeris died, I didn't want the game to end, because it was the best game I've ever played before. I didn't cry when that happened, or when the game ended, but hell, I thought about it. :D

It's still one of the best games I've ever played, and since my PS2 doesn't play PS games anymore, I dug out my old Playstation, just to play it again a few weeks ago. It never gets boring, comparing it long term. It does get pretty tedious sometimes, but there's enough in the game to keep you playing for hours and hours.

It's truly a great game.

Doctor
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
I played the game when I was 10 years old, after I had gotten FF8 and FF9...out of those three, FF7 was the first one I had actually beaten on my own. (My best buddy--KB--helped me beat 9, and I didn't beat 8 until much later.) It was a great experience...To this day I still like to go back and replay it again, even though I feel like I know everything about it by heart. And although it's been overused and abused by Square, the original game keeps letting me realize why I liked it in the first place. =]

clief101_
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
man i love this game, its by far the best FF ever made in the history of FF's....the best story line which makes u keep comin 4 more and more!!! ive used so much of my life on this game, i got it wen i was 9, one of the first game i ever got, and i was hooked as soon as i picked up the controller....i love the fact that they've expanded it out so much, it just gets the truly dedicated fans to enjoy it even more, and fills in some of the holes in the game, to which i didnt need fillin anyway coz i already knew all the facts by playing it...its one of those games you have to pay attention to otherwise you'll get lost

dappa
08-24-2007, 06:52 PM
it was my first final fantasy, and ff7 for me was a friend i've had all those years, I wont say why though.

Phoenix Flame
08-25-2007, 11:07 AM
FF VII was the first game I paid for with my own loot (picked-up after defeating bosses, where else?) :D

I was actually able to relate to some kids in my class who also were busy playing it - although most/all of them don't play RPGs anymore. :confused:

I don't know many of them either - nor do I want to. I hated H.S. :S

Ahem!

FF VII was one of only a handful of games you could truely say was amazing, one-of-a-kind,...and it was RUSHED by Square. Isn't that ironic?! The Materia system, optional characters/depth on the characters' lives and bad guys were the most memorable out of any game I've ever played. EPIC WIN!!! ^ ^;

Zeromus_X
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I didn't play Final Fantasy VII or even own a PlayStation until about four years ago, so I had already developed the nostalgia for the older Final Fantasies, the only ones I had played. However, that didn't stop me from enjoying this game, as I can see why many people look at it as their favorite. It would rank so much higher on my list if the localization weren't so choppy.

Here's hoping to that remake everyone wants...

Phoenix Flame
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
It would rank so much higher on my list if the localization weren't so choppy.

Here's hoping to that remake everyone wants...

'...localization'?

In other words: if the background/character designs were crisper/clearer???

dappa
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
i think he means something to do with the translations john, I could be wrong though.

Zeromus_X
08-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it's another word for translation, although it more specifically means the altering of the text of a work to better fit a certain language-speaking region's culture.

I never had a problem with the graphics, I had never really played any PlayStation games before FFVII, so it blew me away. Looking back now, compared to the other PlayStation games of the time, it still had awesome graphics. It was Square's first 3D game if I'm not mistaken, so they can be forgiven if it didn't look perfect.

Shinra Soldier 1
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I also was amazed by the graphics, I had played many a Playstation game and this was just beautiful, the way everything seemed so real! Even today compared to the newer final fantasies the graphics are excellent when added with all the other things that make it a great game, I almost liked when the characters didn't talk. I think developing companies don't realize people want that nostalgia, hell i've gota ps2, and xbox, and I would still rather be playing vandal hearts and final fantasies.

Phoenix Flame
09-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah, it's another word for translation, although it more specifically means the altering of the text of a work to better fit a certain language-speaking region's culture.

I, uh knew that... I was just testing you guys to see if you knew what it meant. Heh... :D

Luis
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Great game. First Final Fantasy for me and also first RPG. I guess I was 12. Awesome story and awesome game. I only used a walkthrough to get Yuffie and Vincent. I did the rest by myself. I felt so damned good when that game ended (not 'cuz I didn't want to play it anymore, but 'cuz I had ended a 65hours game XD ). And it was all wonderful. I almost cried when Sephiroth killed Aeris. Great Soundtrack too. I'm playing Dirge of Cerberus now, and like I just get excited everytime a character or a place from the original FFVII appears (except for Yuffie, lol).
Watching again the Shin-Ra Manor, Cait Sith, Cid and the others... to see Cloud was awesome!!! XD

clief101_
09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
im playing dirge of cerberus as well...not very far in the game but its still pretty good...at first i didnt want to buy it coz it was a third person shooter, but man the ppl of FFVII have dun it again!!! no mata wat they do they always want u to play or watch their merchandise...id love to thank square for this ultimate game and wat its dun to the world of gaming and RPG's...its just a pitty that the PS2 versions of final fantasy have slipped a little bit, hopefully square will get back its brilliant mind and create another like FFVII...maybe FFXIV will be it lol

Winterkill
05-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I started playing the final fantasy games when I was about 12 (I'm now 23). The first one I played was 2 for the super nintendo. I absolutely LOVED it. When 7 came out, I had to have it. I remember spending my summer vacations just playing that game over and over again. The story, the graphics, eveything was just so great. I'm deffinatly a full fledged Final Fantasy fan. I have them all, and I hope that they keep coming.

TherathxRikku
10-26-2009, 11:45 AM
When I first played VII, I was at that stage where when I died for the first time, I'd quit playing, unfortunately that's how I came to disliking VII. Now I have it on my PSP and I'm feeling nostalgia out the wazoo. :D

My first FF, however was the very first. Back then, I was too young to even know how to play Duck Hunt the right way (Don't shoot the dog. >.<). But it was still an awesome game, I had to have my uncle beat it for me, though. After I got older, I got my first SNES and my uncle bought me FFII(technically IV, but, meh.) And even though I never actually beat it, I loved every second of it, Cecil was a great character! :) And when he fought Kain, I nearly cried. T-T

Thn in 2002, I got my first PS2, and with it, a mint condition copy of FFX (my favorite, and forever will be). My friend actually helped me out with the Sphere Grid at first, I hate having to have help with games. v_v But when I finally beat X, I HAD to play through again and again. I'm on my 34th file now, and yes, I do keep count. I just love that game.

rissole25
10-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Well FFVII was my first final fantasy and playstation game i ever played so its one of the reasons its my favourite. After I played this game, I started to view things differently (not like everything is a game or i'm going to be like cloud someday). I don't actually know how i viewed things differently. I just did. But I do know it did change my life.

I got FF7 when i was 11 and at the start of the game i was like "OMG he said a swearword" and thought it wouldn't be good but i'm glad i was wrong.

TherathxRikku
10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
I watched RoboCop when I was two, so swearwords never bothered me. lol

rissole25
10-28-2009, 04:37 AM
lol i've never seen Robocop lol. Yea swearwords dont bother me now but they did when i was in primary school.

TherathxRikku
10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Good film. :D

Swear words say a lot about a character. It pretty much means the person is reckless. But it also means that they are determined to do something no matter what it takes, like with Barret and protecting Marlene. :)

rissole25
10-28-2009, 10:42 PM
yea lol i guess so

TherathxRikku
10-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Barret's an awesome character. :)

rissole25
10-29-2009, 08:03 AM
I found him annoying at the start. Then later on i liked him because he became all serious.

TherathxRikku
10-31-2009, 02:19 AM
I liked him cause he's an awesome (foster) dad. :D

clief101_
11-02-2009, 03:16 AM
no matter when anyone played FFVII, it always rates in peoples top 5 games. it jus has that kind of touch that non of the other FF's have. a certain rememberance about it, that u just cant forget. when u think about certain parts in the game, u jus smile and wat not....well at least i do.??

sorry, but i dont overly like barret....red XII is awsum lol

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Especially when he dresses like a Shinra operative. lol It's funny watching him walk.

I have that same thing with X and CC. So far, VII is doing pretty well. Not too hard, but I'm kinda rushing through the game...

rissole25
11-02-2009, 04:59 AM
You might have to play it through again. Usually rushing in FF means under-leveled characters. But train in the Gelnika if your under-leveled. If you don't know what it is, you'll find out later in Disc 2

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 05:09 AM
I am considered underleveled. I'm still level 19.

rissole25
11-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Wow...and your on the ship. Well your about the right level there I think. You should get past Jenova easily. But when you leave Costa De Sol, don't run away from the battles unless your really bored. There are bombs on the path ahead of you that can be dangerous

clief101_
11-02-2009, 06:24 AM
ur about an average lvl for where u are. i would usualy be around 23-24? or at least 21? jenova may prove a small challenge, but u should get past it and yeh, i would advise u lvl up a lil bit outside costa del sol, u can get sum good exp there, and the bombs up ahead are kinda annoying

TherathxRikku
11-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Good to know, I always assume I'm underleveled cause I always tend to RUSH THROUGH EVERYTHING. Cept for XII, had to take my time on that one.

rissole25
11-02-2009, 07:15 AM
I only rush through really on my first go just for the story. Then I go through it again, making sure im not under-leveled and trying to get 100%

TherathxRikku
11-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Same for me.

Gumdrop
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
VII was my first Final Fantasy and my first RPG. I think I was only 10 and the game was still pretty new (VIII was a little while off yet). My big bro was playing a copy he had borrowed from a friend, I thought it looked cool, but complex so I wouldn't play it at first, only watch my bro play it. My brother assured me it wasn't hard at all and with that encouragment I started my own save and he was right of course :) It was easy to pick up and it remained my favorite game until I was about 18 (so almost eight years!)
Since then I've brought every FF as soon as it came out and RPGs have since been my favorite type of game.

TherathxRikku
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm actually near the end right now, I have to be honest, the game is more fun while you're in Midgar, it started to die down after Sephiroth kills Aerith.

clief101_
04-02-2010, 05:33 AM
i first played this game wen i was about 9/10...its bin my favourite ever since...my first run through i got stuck at dyne, because i was underleveld..i guess i was still new to the whole game and couldnt wuite get a grasp on it