PDA

View Full Version : Yuffie Kisaragi... -_-"

Luis
09-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok, here it goes:

I CAN'T understand why does Yuffie appear in almost every Final Fantasy game!!! I mean... she's only an immature girl from Wutai and has no relation with main plot of FFVII, but then in Dirge of Cerberus she appears every now and then...

And now, it seems she appears also in the Crisis Core game!! [See characters] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII)
Which relation could she probably have with all the Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra stuff??

She isn't even funny!!! The part about Cloud in drag was way funnier!!

Does anyone feel the same?

mystery
09-23-2007, 01:57 PM
yer i know what you mean. when i was playing Dirge Of Cerberus i wanted to blow her head off... ¬_¬

in FFVII she stole loads of my money as well... and there is absolutly no point in getting her in the game because all she does is get in the way.

in Advent children all she does is run up a building and throw her shuriken at the buhamet... and it doesnt even damage it! she may as well of poked it with a fork!

in short, i hate her...

Luis
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Totally!!
It's not that I hate her, but damn! there's no sense in giving her so much for a role!

dappa
09-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I think in dirge of cerberus and advent children she was given a bigger role to show how she has developed as a character.

In FF7 she was a very selfish ninja who thought of only her self and her homeland and stole from your party. She was in a way forced to take part in the struggle against shinra and sephiroth cause of self preservation.

In dirge and advent children she plays a completely different role where she is part of an organisation which strives to help others and heal the shattered world caused by meteorfall.

clief101_
09-23-2007, 10:38 PM
i didnt particularly like yuffie that much, but when u think about, she dusnt actually have any kind of big role, she's always on the very side of the screen and stuff, and in DoC and AC, she isnt really in either of these things, so i cant realy see y u think she has a big role?? maybe coz shes not a big character, she's not seen much

Phoenix Flame
09-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Yuffie? o_O

...can't say I like 'er.

...but that doesn't mean she appears in 'almost every' FF game.

Luis
09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
but that doesn't mean she appears in 'almost every' FF game Dammit! >.< I meant in every FFVII game!! 'Cuz like, she's back in Crisis Core!!

so i cant realy see y u think she has a big role??
She did have a bigger role than Cloud or Barret (for example) in DoC. She interacted with the main character and the plot much more than the others, thus the bigger role... ¬¬"

I think in dirge of cerberus and advent children she was given a bigger role to show how she has developed as a character.

In FF7 she was a very selfish ninja who thought of only her self and her homeland and stole from your party. She was in a way forced to take part in the struggle against shinra and sephiroth cause of self preservation.

In dirge and advent children she plays a completely different role where she is part of an organisation which strives to help others and heal the shattered world caused by meteorfall.

Yeah, I get your point. Maybe you're right. But since FFVII is the original one, I don't get why isn't she selfish and childish anymore in these spin-offs. The only thing I can also think of is the developement of the character you mentioned. But I still claim I wouldn't give so much attention to that character!

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Yuffie is a throwaway comic relief character that one can easily integrate into a game without having to come up with a long, melodramatic plot arc to justify her presence.

Plus despite her actual age, she looks about 14. These games are made in Japan.

Enough said.

clief101_
09-24-2007, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=Luis]She did have a bigger role than Cloud or Barret (for example) in DoC. She interacted with the main character and the plot much more than the others, thus the bigger role... ¬¬"QUOTE]

she still dusnt have a big role tho, cloud barret and tifa actually do interact with vincent more than yuffie dus...they talk on the fone 4 like 5 mins whereas yuffie is just saying comebak down at the start of the game...in AC she sed like 5 words and that was it...im exagerating ino, but u get my point

Drake
09-25-2007, 02:45 PM
And now, it seems she appears also in the Crisis Core game!! [See characters] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII)
Which relation could she probably have with all the Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra stuff??

In the original FFVII game, it's mentioned that Wutai fought against Shin-Ra. (Some people must remember that). I suspect that this is the relation that Yuffie has with Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra in CC.

Luis
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Yuffie is a throwaway comic relief character that one can easily integrate into a game without having to come up with a long, melodramatic plot arc to justify her presence.

Plus despite her actual age, she looks about 14. These games are made in Japan.

Enough said.

The original one was also made in Japan, and then you still could enjoy stories like Cloud's, Tifa's or Vincent's ones, 'cause they had something to do with the main plot. There are already stories and characters more mature (as a character) than Yuffie.
Therefore, it's silly to do what they're doing with the character in the spin-off games.

In the original FFVII game, it's mentioned that Wutai fought against Shin-Ra. (Some people must remember that). I suspect that this is the relation that Yuffie has with Jenova/SOLDIER/Shin-Ra in CC.

I couldn't remember that... but still I don't think she was one of those fought them... by that time she would be only a kid!
You might be right. But I just hope she's given a minor role in CC.

ThroneofDravaris
09-26-2007, 12:21 AM
The original one was also made in Japan, and then you still could enjoy stories like Cloud's, Tifa's or Vincent's ones, 'cause they had something to do with the main plot. There are already stories and characters more mature (as a character) than Yuffie.
Therefore, it's silly to do what they're doing with the character in the spin-off games.
I don't think you quite got what I was saying. Cloud, Tifa etc aren't incorporated into side games like Dirge of Cerberus because their character types demand a large amount of attention that would ultimately distract from the main plot. It's easier to put Yuffie into these scenarios because no one expects her particular character type to receive anything resembling development.

The comment about Japan was just a jab at that particular countries' creepy attitude towards underage women. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

clief101_
09-26-2007, 12:26 AM
i agree with u throne

Luis
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't think you quite got what I was saying. Cloud, Tifa etc aren't incorporated into side games like Dirge of Cerberus because their character types demand a large amount of attention that would ultimately distract from the main plot. It's easier to put Yuffie into these scenarios because no one expects her particular character type to receive anything resembling development.

The comment about Japan was just a jab at that particular countries' creepy attitude towards underage women. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

I still don't think her presence in those games was that necessary...
Red XIII barely appears, and he hasn't spoken in any of the spin-offs either... (and I like more his role than the Yuffie one)

But I get your point, and I know what you mean.

clief101_
09-27-2007, 03:28 AM
hooray...so we agree on this??

Drake
09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Luis is right, of course. Yuffie would have been a kid then. But she may have witnessed the fighting up close. And/or helped in some way.

Luis
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
hooray...so we agree on this??

I don't think so.

I know what Throne (or you, if you both agree) means and he isn't wrong at all, but the fact that it might be easier to put that character in a story doesn't mean that I like it.
I mean, they've changed the original role of the character and they've given her more relevance... they even show Yuffie in the DoC intro helping people in Midgar... :confused:
I find it totally unnecessary.

clief101_
10-01-2007, 04:06 AM
maybe they do it because she wasnt given much of a role in the original game....that would make sense to me...because both vincent and yuffie r optional characters, they're given bigger roles in DoC...and because yuffie actually had a bigger role than vincent in the original (side quest with Don corneo in it), thats y vincent is the main character in DoC...i jus finished it last nite...AWSUM!!!

Luis
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Again, I still think Vincent's role in the Final Fantasy story is more important. He was once a Turk, he was in love with the woman who brought Sephiroth to the world, and he has a direct hate-relationship with Hojo. He has directly interacted with the story in the past...

clief101_
10-05-2007, 05:18 AM
yeh but u could make the same statement about barret...he doesnt have a direct connection to hating shinra other than the fact that they burned down his home village....yuffie doesnt have a direct connection to hate shinra other than the wutai war...all of the characters in some way have been affected by the villian

Tawsie
10-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't she be invloved in Crisis Core because of the war with Shin-Ra? Thats how she met Cloud, looking for materia to get stronger and fight Shin-Ra.

clief101_
10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
yeh maybe, but wen u think bout it, every1 but cloud and aeris dont realy have a big role, there just support characters wen u realy think bout it...i mean yeh sure every1 has there part but it big...my apologies 4 any spellin errors, im doin dis from my psp

Tawsie
10-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Cloud and Aeris will have a bigger role in CC than Yuffie surely. They have to, there the build up for FFVII. Cloud who takes the identity of his best friend and takes his memories, placing himself there. The Ancient who became mixed up in it all, sticking to Cloud because she saw Zack in him. That has to be more than Yuffie, like has already been stated, she can be added or taken away without any big changes to the story. Take away Cloud or Aeris.

Luis
10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Aeris and Cloud won't meet each other in CC, since they first meet in FFVII. If I remember correctly, she wants the materia to defend Wutai, I can't remember whether from Shin-Ra or not.
Once more... I'd prefer to see more interaction of all the other characters (in DoC) rather than the interaction with Yuffie.

clief101_
10-16-2007, 01:20 AM
i agree, i wanted to see them fight a little bit more than what they did, it was only for like 5 secs...however, i think that yuffie wouldve been given a bigger role to give her some attention, and bring it away from the likes of cloud??

Tawsie
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I never said they met in CC.

Shinra Soldier 1
10-16-2007, 05:31 PM
haha she is in an awful lot, I guess they just wanted to make her a part of everything just like everyone else, tifa and marlene are busy with Marlene, cloud's always busy delivering things, Vincent is always solo, so she has to be the open one to move the plot along somewhere, right?

clief101_
10-17-2007, 12:44 AM
yes, i agree with that...man there are so many points to think about when thinking of this thread and all are good points to make

Shinra Soldier 1
10-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah if you look at the whole, she seems irrelevent, but if you think about what the creators were thinking, you begin to understand. Not saying in any way i'm as intelligent as a game designer/creator/producer however

clief101_
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
lol...nah, we're not saying that...we're jus tryin to get into their minds that all XDD