PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the game!

Shinra Soldier 1
10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I just bought final fantasy 12, can't wait to start playing it, I haven't had time yet but definetly will start tonight. I got the walkthrough, and i'm kinda anxious! The bad thing about walkthroughs is you don't know when to use them or not, because you don't want to just follow them word for word and break up play time. Hopefully it'll be a lot better than that nasty X-10, that makes me want to barf even typing it...

dappa
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Theres a thread in general ff discussion which discusses peoples feelings on walkthroughs.

I'll add my five cents into the conversation tho.

Dont buy a guide or walthrough until you've completed the game first, having a guide for your second playthrough I think enhances the experience.

clief101_
10-16-2007, 01:38 AM
i agree....dont use the qalkthrough until youv completed it once (unless u REALLY have to), i think it spoils the fun of the rpg itself in trying to figure things out...use the walthrough the second time round and get everything then wen u know the storyline and dun all the stuff

Shinra Soldier 1
10-16-2007, 05:32 PM
I've always told myself I would never go into a final fantasy game without a map (walkthrough), it just overwhelms me with all these sidequests you can't figure out on your own, i'm a completist and have to do these things.

clief101_
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
trust wen i say that ffxii isnt very hard to figure out...i usually use a wlkthrough once to figure out sumthin, but didnt need to for anything in this game...im currently doing hunts atm...but bak to my point, this game is incredibly straight forward!!!

dappa
10-18-2007, 05:40 AM
I've always told myself I would never go into a final fantasy game without a map (walkthrough), it just overwhelms me with all these sidequests you can't figure out on your own, i'm a completist and have to do these things.

You dont need a guide the first time you play it, it spoils things all you need to do is put your thinking cap on and take a few notes on a piece of paper of who sed what and when, its more fun figuring stuff out on ya first play.

Another saying of mine to make sure you dont miss nothing is to take this attitude to the game. "If you can see it, explore it, examine it".

Shinra Soldier 1
10-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Very true. I just left Luhsu mines, and my characters are all level 22 and 23! Their health is double what is shown for the judge battle coming up haha, I played in there for like, 2 days levelling up.

Doctor
10-19-2007, 02:56 AM
I agree with what dappa said on the whole seeing and exploring and examining business. It really does work, though. =]

Never get a guide unless you're hopelessly stuck. Or just come here and ask people for help.

clief101_
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
yep...i agree gree...and i think i was about lvl 25 wen i was at lushu mines?? not sure?

Shinra Soldier 1
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Arg I left too early! Oh well, my people still are dominating and we have tons of LP from the desert (i can't find pineapple)

clief101_
10-22-2007, 11:29 PM
lol...nah, i kinda powerlvled a bit...weneva i had a guest, i always made sure that i was at least 5 lvl's higher that him, that way u know u can beat wateva ur fightin