PDA

View Full Version : Dislikes/Likes about FFV

Grwn Iscarion
07-30-2005, 01:50 PM
What did you like about the origanal and the true Final Fantasy, the story line? the weapons, XXXX?

I personally liked the class changes, and the knights rescue damsel in distress and return her to a fat dad and then defeat Lord Chaos and save the world storyline, yes i know, very original, but then again, look how good all the books with that story went.

i didnt like Black mages disability to use swords, and the lack of level 9 spells

but hey, it was a first, i give it 10 0ut of 10

oh yea, and theifs lack of theifing

FFnut
07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Hm... it seems this review was written by someone whose knowledge of FF1 is limited to 8 Bit Theatre. Allow me to explain some things to you:

Level 9 spells were a gag that Brian Clevinger made up. Yes, it is amazing, people can actually say certain things are in something that aren't actually there. He even mentions it in one of the early comics.

This was also one of the first games to use that storyline. That's why it went so well. These "books" you refer to were written long since then and thus don't generate the oomph that the original time loop caused, but I digress.

Ah, and I didn't particularly like XXXX either. It was a waste of a spell slot.