PDA

View Full Version : what i think about ff2

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 03:10 AM
well, i dont see alot about ff2 here. I know alot of people dont like it, what with the different level up system, but i still think it is a nice game. certainly not the best of the classics, but still a good game. i think an ff fan should at least play through this game once. ive played the dawn of souls one, which was good, but it cant beat the original. so, ive been playing the NES one, and now im at the ice cavern. (Ice Wind on a Adamantoise=happy!! :) anyway, what does everyone else think of it? i know everyone should give it some slack. it was the first ff with a complex storyline, and the whole "empire dominating the world and a rebellion goes up against it only to be involved in a really big deal" kind of story. i think its fun, even though i wouldnt want to play it over and over, like other ffs...tell me what you think!

ShadowHeart
08-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Heh.

Well, I don't like the level up system in FF2. It was a good idea, it really was, but it was executed really poorly. It is probably the one experience system in any RPG that is the most abuse-friendly. Just simply keep attacking yourself all the time and you can get strong enough to beat the final boss before you've even got to the 2nd town. IMHO, they should have made it so that only attacks on the enemy and attacks by the enemy on you would count towards improving your characters. Instead, this way we get absurd situations such as where you have 2 fighters brutally attacking their female companion to make her stronger. It was a good idea, but they should have prevented abuse. Now it's just stupid.

Anyway, I once started on a game in Origins, but I never got farther than the first town, because I spent all my time attacking myself to get stronger (surprise!). I want to complete the game though, as the story does seem interesting and I want to beat it to at least be able to say I did it. So one day I will probably resume beating my own characters senseless for hours :)

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 12:57 PM
lol, it is funny to beat up your own characters, and its even funnier to use change/swap. but you should get the rom of ff2, unless you're morally against them or something. i just like the old 8 bit ones :D i dont play the ps ones that much, because my playstation is really old and has a hard time loading and stuff...one of the reasons i play roms... yeah, but i think you'll like the story. did you know that if you attack or use a spell, and then cancel and use it again, it still counts ? its a useful little bug. :)

ShadowHeart
08-06-2005, 06:48 PM
I know about the bug, and that's another horrible part of the leveling up system :) It's way too abusable. It's not even difficult to get godly characters :p Then again, without that spell bug, it would be way TOO hard to level up spells. All in all they should've done things in a better way, and without glitches :)

I rather play Origins on my PS/PS2 than a ROM on an emulator, not because I'm personally against playing ROMs, but because playing video games in front of the computer screen (even if you have a nice game pad) doesn't even begin to compare to laying on the bed or sitting on the couch playing on a TV :)

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 08:00 PM
true, true :)

EyesOnMe
09-04-2005, 04:36 PM
I just finished ff1 and im going to play ff2 right away :)

Zeromus_X
09-04-2005, 04:41 PM
excellent! :) are you using an emulator, or ff origins?

EyesOnMe
09-04-2005, 04:48 PM
im playing origins :D i haven't completed the collections in ff1 though :(

Zeromus_X
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
yeah, i played origins once(i was borrowing it from a friend)and the amano art is awesome! i have to buy it sometime...

EyesOnMe
09-04-2005, 04:52 PM
yeah i personally liked the one with behemoth vs light.. although i havent met any behemoths in the game :P

LoKuS
11-16-2005, 02:42 AM
FF2 is heavily slept on, its a great game.

Yukin
11-17-2005, 01:28 AM
FF2 is the First FF game to have a storyline.
It's a great game, especially when it was remade on the GBA.

Zeke70
11-17-2005, 05:04 AM
Hey did you guys know somebody here named yukin ditched FF8 all of his posts here are lies anyway bottomline is he hates all FF games so please do somethimg about it because it's like this the FF game is like my parents when they get insulted I get angry. Well that's it :mad:

Yukin
11-17-2005, 05:08 AM
....Zeke20, Please don't insult people for only a little reason, anyway, I DIDN'T tease you anyway, You get angry so much in a little way.
That's no reason to insult people.

LoKuS
11-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Wut the hell is this guy talkin about?

Yukin
11-18-2005, 05:31 AM
I dunno, But whatever it is, please, I'm sorry.

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 03:41 PM
you don't have levels.just attack yourself and you get your health up

Spirit
07-23-2006, 11:31 AM
what the HELL are u guys talking about, whatever, u guys are to be in troble.....well back to topic, ffii i still beaten it. final boss kicks my butt every time and i have good stats and maxed out all my magic including ultima but she attacks almost all my health is gone.

Zeromus_X
07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Do you have a Blood Sword? :)

Spec Highwind
07-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Blood Sword saves \m/

richboywonder
07-24-2006, 01:49 AM
you don't have levels.just attack yourself and you get your health up
sorry about this i don't know what i was talking about.i could have sworn this was in another thread.anyway doesn't the blood sword heal you by the damage you take.

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Not only that, but it deals massive damage to foes classified as humans. This makes one of the final bosses, Astaroth, a total joke, and the Emperor, the final boss, even funnier. (With Haste and Berserk on, and two Blood Swords, you can take him out in one attack.)

ChocoboMan
07-29-2006, 01:43 PM
blood sword rocks imagine how much butt you can kick with it.

richboywonder
07-29-2006, 02:13 PM
i had a blood lance in ff4.

Zeon
08-27-2006, 05:35 PM
where can u get the blood swords from (ive already beaten it without them but would like to for future games :D)

Sagensyg
08-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Anyway, I once started on a game in Origins, but I never got farther than the first town, because I spent all my time attacking myself to get stronger (surprise!). I want to complete the game though, as the story does seem interesting and I want to beat it to at least be able to say I did it. So one day I will probably resume beating my own characters senseless for hours :)
Exact reason why I quit playing it.

Yggdrasill
08-28-2006, 05:16 PM
The leveling up system on this game really was stupid though.
I hated the whole password thing as well, I got to the final-boss but quit it eventually because I kept dying.

Spec Highwind
08-28-2006, 05:39 PM
I loved the levellup system...

Zeromus_X
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
One Blood Sword is in the basement of Fynn/Phin/insert other localization here Castle. The other is in Paul's secret room, only available right before you obtain the Wyvern at Fynn Castle's Hall of Mirrors. With two of them, the Emperor and Astaroth are a piece of cake.

At least beat the game for the lovely ending theme...<3

dappa
09-07-2006, 05:41 AM
I think it is a wicked game. I've played it 3 times. The great thing about ff games is that there is something unique about every one. This one being the levelling up system. If you manage to get your stats for everything up to their max your party is more or less invincible. I'm glad that bug for the magic levelling up system exists as it takes ages to get your spells up to level 16 but it dont work for the character who is at the bottom of your party so its the old style levelling up for them i'm afraid. I managed to get leons spells to about level 13 before I got fed up with it.