PDA

View Full Version : a few things i need sorted out...

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 01:13 PM
okay...i have a few questions that regard different ffs, so...ill post them on this thread when i remember them all! :) anyway, for now, i have two questions..
first off, will somebody please kindly explain the time-loop in ff one to me? i still dont understand it completely.. does this mean that the story never happened? or that it keeps repeating itself?

and, whats with the sick dude in the pipe in sector 5 slums in ff7? is there a way to help him?
well, if anyone could help me, it would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

FFnut
08-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Every question and answer will contain spoilers. You have been warned.

first off, will somebody please kindly explain the time-loop in ff one to me? i still dont understand it completely.. does this mean that the story never happened? or that it keeps repeating itself?

Okay, this is a weird thing here, but a fairly simple concept. In the present, The Four Fiends send the ex-knight Garland back in time 2000 years upon his defeat in the Temple of Fiends. 2000 years ago, Garland became Chaos and made the Four Fiends. The Four Fiends slept for 2000 years, then sent Garland back in time. These events repeat themselves over and over - if one doesn't happen, then the other doesn't. It's circular logic applied to time travel, if you will. When you destroy Chaos in the past, he hasn't created the Four Fiends yet, so they're never created. Since the Four Fiends are never created, the Light Warriors are never needed. Since you left the timeline that the Light Warriors were needed in, the Light Warriors remember the whole adventure. But the present that they returned to never needed the Light Warriors. Basically, they saved the world, but nobody knows it because to everyone else the world never needed saving.

and, whats with the sick dude in the pipe in sector 5 slums in ff7? is there a way to help him?
well, if anyone could help me, it would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

The sick dude was one of the Sephiroth clones (hence the number 2 on his arm) and there's no way to help him.

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 07:55 PM
oh. okay! thanks! if i have any other questions , ill post them here.

Zeromus_X
08-06-2005, 10:49 PM
okay, another. what's the deal with time compression? what is ultimecia going to gain from it? is she just really POd and wants to destroy everything? why does she hate SEEDs?

FFnut
08-06-2005, 11:14 PM
okay, another. what's the deal with time compression? what is ultimecia going to gain from it? is she just really POd and wants to destroy everything? why does she hate SEEDs?

Ultimecia wants to rule everything - past, present, future. The Time Compression will put all of time into one, and Ultimecia is the only one who can survive in Time Compression, so she becomes the ruler by default. And she hates SeeD because they're meant to kill the sorceress. If someone's mission in life was to kill you, wouldn't you try to kill them first?

Zeromus_X
08-07-2005, 02:18 AM
huh. i always thought there was some sorta alterior motive or something , but it just seems like she's being a b!tch.
but ya know, since you're a big Kefka fan, (who isn't?) , what do you think of this:
Ultimecia and Kefka get together.
no seriously , you should write a fanfic about that! itd be funny. their marital arguments would be something else, huh? :D

Zeromus_X
08-07-2005, 02:41 AM
what are those "tier" things that you fight before Kefka?

FFnut
08-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Impossible. The main problem between the two joining is that their plans conflict - Ultimecia's plan requires she be the only person left alive, and Kefka's plan requires that everybody else die horribly painful deaths. As for those "tier" things, they're simply his last defense before he fights you himself. You're close enough to him anyway, so he figure he'll give you one last "ladder" to climb before he crushes you. Hence the tiers. He's basically just softening you up (as if the goddesses didn't already do that) before he tries to finish you.

Zeromus_X
08-08-2005, 08:52 PM
yeah, thats true..i just thought itd be funny! hee hee hee...
well, you know the men in the veldt cave in the world of ruin where you find shadow(or relm, if you let shadow die)? they say that "the forest in the north is home to a dragon of great power" or something. do they mean the dinosaurs who cast meteo and give alot of ap, or is there some sorta "secret dragon"?

FFnut
08-09-2005, 09:00 AM
They do mean the dinosaur forest. The japanese words "dinosaur" and "dragon" must be very similar... either that or Woolsey just got lazy because he was so used to typing "dragon" he didn't want to bother writing "dinosaur". Any time you ee something like that it's probably Woolsey's fault.

Zeromus_X
08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
heh. maybe we should change this thread's name to "FFnut's vast knowledge of ff games" or something.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2005, 03:54 PM
okay, is there any way to beat chupon in the coliseum? and, how come when i bet an elixir and kill the cactuar(for the rename card, and marvel shoes), i lose my elixir?! WTF :mad:

Zeromus_X
08-14-2005, 02:50 AM
well, i understand the wager rule now. but i have another question. what's with the red shimmer thingie in the phoenix cave? (in the room where you find Lock.)
does it serve any purpose? because i can never get to it ...

Avathar
12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
an elixir for a rename card.... well, i guess they rate something to change your name higher than something that can heal you completely :D

and the red shimmering thing.... it's the boss of the phoenix cave: the ..red? dragon.

(ha, i got all dragons slain...the reward is pretty good :D )