PDA

View Full Version : What about Advent Children??

Luis
08-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Ok guys, we know Advent Children will be released in September, we do know the plot(more or less)too,we know who the characters are,but let's go deeper. I've been told the movie will last about one hour and a half, in another forum. The movie will be released in USA in September, will it be also released in Europe at the same time? Do you think it will be available in many languages? By the way, I'll probably find the characters a bit stranges talking by theirselves..perhaps some of us had already imagined the characters with a certain kind of voice, so it will make it strange for us, doesn't it?
Anyway, does anybody know if it will be only for PSP or it will be released in DVD also?
I'd be very pleased if you answer my questions.

Luis
08-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Ok...if anyone reports me some of these information I'd be really pleased...

Luis
08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Ok, I know many of you know this information...please give me a clue or something!! I need to know something of this about Advent Children!! C'mon wise guys, show me how much you know! Xp

Spiff
08-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Patience :)

Release dates:

US Sept 15 2005
Japan Sept 16 2005
Uk & Europe January 2006

DVD for sure
PSP :confused:

~Hidan~
08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
It going to be kick ass, there, i gave you info, NOW GIVE ME A COOKIE!

ShadowHeart
08-18-2005, 02:26 PM
No cookie for you!

Bah. Why do we Europeans always get things later than everyone else :/

FFnut
08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Everything's made in Japan and the Japanese give the Americans stuff first because they remember that we bombed them during World War II and they fear that we might do it again. Europe is more of an afterthought. :p

Luis
08-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you very much for the information Spiff. Ido NOT understand it Shadowheart, we'll have to wait 4 months to have it here!! Damn, I can't wait so long!!

Spiff
08-18-2005, 06:54 PM
America = one language

Europe = dozen languages

ShadowHeart
08-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Yes, but we Swedes only get English versions of games anyway (except for sports games like NHL and FIFA), for example, so we could technically get the game at the same time as the US (except I guess for the PAL conversion). And as for Advent Children, we only need Swedish subtitles, and speaking about movies in general, movies come out here generally around the same time as in the US (Spiderman 2 went up here the same day as in the US, just as an example, most "big" movies are like that). But I guess they want to synchronize the release dates for all of Europe..

SquallLionheart
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
anyone know if ac is going to have a game made of it 2???

Helkaweth
08-20-2005, 09:18 AM
It's always released here in America first because as Americans, we consume more than any other country (other than China). I've got a friend working at Gamestop, and he says it'll be both on PSP and DVD. At first the plan was for only releasing it on PSP, but that would've been a major mistake.

And to answer SquallLionHeart's post, I'm fairly sure there will be no game accompanying it.

Luis
08-20-2005, 05:14 PM
You're right, there won't be a game.
And the fact that Americans consume more than other countries doesn't satisfy my question, as benefits do not change (at least in this case) according to time. I find more understandable that the delay could be due to the translation to many languages (Spanish, German, French...)
Guys, everytime I watch the trailers again I get so impressed that I think I won't be able to wait anymore!XDDD

Ac][d-FyrE
08-28-2005, 12:28 AM
ADVENT CHILDREN ROCKS, ive seen all the trainerz n read the story over, view, go Cloud, n the three clonez hehe n xxxx THAT geostigma it will b the end of us all hahaha

Sin
08-31-2005, 03:29 AM
hell with with everything i need to watch the movie *CRIES*!!!!

xjeegeex
08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
AC is gonna be ace! Psp prob gonna have umd verson. Or u could just shrink the dvd onto ur duo stick. As 4 Europe bein last in gettin its a combo of languages and marketability! Japan and US are "test markets". Guaranteed big sales even if game sux!! Whereas in europe we are more dicerning :) :) :) :)

Luis
09-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Man you're right! Just another thing. Although a trailer doesn't show the movie at all(obviously), it seems that most of the Cloud's sidekicks do not appear a lot... in the trailers I've seen Cloud, Tifa, Vincent...but all the other only for battle. I hope they aren't only 5 minutes in the movie!!
By the way, does anybody know who is(who might be)the man in the wheel chair?

ShadowHeart
09-04-2005, 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone knows who he is.. we'll just have to wait for the movie I guess :)

Luis
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM
That's what is seems Shadowheart:)...anyway, I read in aFinal Fantasy forum that it could be Rufus, what do u think about that?
Well, I never though about this idea, bit it's not as weird as it seemed to me at the beginning.. I mean, we didn't see Rufus die, we only saw a firebolt going to Rufus in the Shinra building, and then how the bolt demolished the building...

ShadowHeart
09-06-2005, 04:48 AM
Well, you do see Rufus standing in his office and the flames engulfing him, THEN you see from the outside how the Shinra HQ blows up. Guess it is possible he survived, but I doubt it. I rather not speculate too much though :)

Luis
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, speculating is not probably a good idea... we better wait 'till the movie comes here(that's too long.. :()

Zeromus_X
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
um.. if you go to www.wikipedia.com , select whatever language you speak best, and look up "advent children", theres a whole article on it! :) they say that its rufus in the wheelchair too...and they have a picture of barret...he has dredlocks, and he has a new arm...dont know what to think of this new barret^^;
well, hope thats informative..then again, anyone couldve written that, but it does look professional.

Luis
09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Man man man I can't believe what I read!! I hope I wasn't the only one who didn't know it! :p I knew Sephiroth appears in AC, but I though he does it as a flashback(although in one of the trailers he seems to be in a non-flashback scene) So, looking for the article Zerosmus recommended us I saw a summary of the plot of AC in which it says that someone 'who should be dead' appears again. It seems it confirms that the warrior with the long sword comes again? XDDD
I think there might be more than one summon in the movie!! Bahamut's ok, but why having idle summon warriors? :p I'd like to see Odin for sure in the movie, wouldn't you like? Thank's for the link Zerosmus. If you get something more, let me know :)
PS: BOY, THIS LINK IS AMAZING!! :D By the way, is Nobuo Uematsu composing the music again? I hope so.

Zeromus_X
09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
when i read it last, it was different..but yeah it looks cool :D (the picture of barret is gone..) they said that barret was looking for a new energy source for the planet in the older version...that couldve been just a rumor though....i have to buy this, besides being a good movie, it gives me an excuse to buy a psp! :p also, uematsu is doing the music. (i wouldnt settle for anything less ;) ) im kinda disapointed that yoshitaka amano isnt doing artwork...but at least yusuke naora is better than nomura!(i hate nomura...i just cant understand why theyd replace amano with him, no matter for how little a time it was...)

Luis
09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I can't understand it either!
Anywasy, I must continue explaining you how excited I get everytime I see some FFVII related information. Today I've seen a trailer(a short one) of Dirge of Cerberus. It seems to be fantastic too! I can't believe the game that shocked me so many years ago is developing such a compilation like this after all this time! This is a dream come true! XDD
However, although I find it brilliant, I keep saying that I'd like to see not only the summon of Bahamut in the movie, but more.
By the way, if there is any american or japanese reading this: I hope you don't say anything about the movie when you watch it(it's released this month there, isn't it?), and the most important; DO NOT unveal the final! Otherwise, I'll cut your head!! :p

ShadowHeart
09-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Or you could just stay away from ffnet after the movie is released in the US until it's out in Europe.. or read threads very selectively :p

Luis
09-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I already though about that, but it will be hard for me to be away from here for so long! :p It's very difficult to find here in Spain people who likes Final Fantasy. Well, maybe it's not difficult, but half of those who like it are kids and the other half behave as freaks!(they are freaks). So, I feel fine in this forum.
And about Final Fantasy Compilation, I've seen a Crisis Core trailer approximatly an hour ago...I can't stop wondering how to organize my time-table in order to have free time to play them! :p Definitely, I will buy the PS2, and I'm thinking about the idea of buying the PSP too (I didn't expect to do it before...) So I'll get the movie(AC), the game(CCdon't know which kind, I only know this is an anime game related to Cloud's past), and the action game(DC)
XDDDDDDD

Helkaweth
09-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Only a few more days, and then it's here in the good ol' USA!!!! WOOOOOO!

Luis
11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Hello again freinds. Does anybody know anything about the date for the European release of the movie? I anyone knows something, pm me or answer me by this thread; just let me know. ThAnK yOu!! ^o^

Gumdrop
11-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Why wait? Just find a Japanese copy with English subs, I saw the film very soon after it came out over there that way :p

People come back to life in games after you've killed them quite often...

Zeromus_X
11-24-2005, 03:19 AM
in our schools anime club, weve been watching it. (japanese w/ english subtitles) it is amazing. if you havent played the game, you wouldnt like it, but i dont really have a problem with it.

get ready for...

-awesome fight scenes. especially tifa. the ringtone was hilarious; i think everyone laughed a little at that one :p

-great graphics. (well...its made by square.)

-yet, not over the top story. youd only like it if you played the game/ were a fan of ffs. (which everyone here probably is)

were halfway through it (i think) , right about where the cell phone is in the water. (trying not to be spoiler riffic. ) and it gets a call from reno, yuffie, and reeve. of course , its in the water, so its lost forever :D

we may finish the film in the next week or the week after. (we only meet once a week, so...) as you can expect, lots of otaku there ^^;; and , even more ff7 fanboys/girls. (even though they probably havent realized the existence of ffs before VII...some how...)

i hope i get to see kitty sith and yuffie soon! (we probably will. )

i just dont want to spoil it for anyone...cant wait for the new version of OWA!

Luis
11-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi there! I'm (finally) back!! :D Did u miss me? :p ;) Yeah, I already though about watching in with subtitles, but I want to concentrate my whole sight in the movie, I mean, the graphics, the characters, and so on. And I actually am a great fan (I think so).
May I tell you a secret?? The first time I played the game I was twelve, and it was the first(and not the last) RPG game I played. I loved playing Cloud's role...and the secret is: I was about to cry when I reached the part in which Sephiroth kills Aeris! (but don't tell anyone :p )

I've been told it will come to the Spanish market the 8th of January(more or less), so I've already saved some money for that DVD! :D
See you boys (and girls :p )!!

Gumdrop
11-27-2005, 07:53 AM
we did miss you ^_^ :p
I played it when I was 12 or 13 to! It was my first RPG and I've loved them since.
I know what you mean about subs, but theres not much story to AC so you can look away from the subs in good safty, most of the film feels like fight scenes anyway. I was so curious about AC, I dunno how you could wait for it to come out over seas :p

Phoenix Flame
11-29-2005, 10:55 PM
What year did it come out? I think I played it in 7th grade...So I was... crap I feel old! ;)

Luis
12-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Well..it seems I'm always back in the weekends,hehe. I think it was released in the '97, am I right? I know what u mean too HC.. Anyway, it's really close to he Spanish release date now, so I'll keep busy so that I won't think a lot in the release date(it's like if I'd been waiting for years!!)hehe
Regards! :)

Zeromus_X
12-02-2005, 11:04 PM
What year did it come out? I think I played it in 7th grade...So I was... crap I feel old! ;)
1997, im pretty sure.

but dont worry about reading the subs luis, youll only need to look away from the amazing graphics a second or two. ;) :p :)

Phoenix Flame
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
You read my mind Luis - That's why I'm on the forums so much. Besides, what better way to anticipate than hearing about how gr8 it is from everyone who's seen the Japanese version right <secretly loathing all of you> :)

But seriously, I can't believe it's been 8 years since FFVII's release in the U.S. I can remember being a teenager going to the Toys 'R Us by my house and picking up a copy <Tears roll down cheek> It was beautiful...just...beautiful <Sob.> :D

Gumdrop
12-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Yup, I'm certain it came out in 97 :D
I got my copy for my birthday.

Phoenix Flame
12-04-2005, 04:17 AM
I'm itching to find the script for Advent children, does anyone know where I can find a copy online?

Of the script I mean, not the film.

Luis
12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I can't believe it either...8 years...I bought it in Christmas, in the '98 I think(u know, we always have to wait for the european release)
I swear I'll be the most happy man the day I watch the film! :D

wimsi
12-06-2005, 03:31 PM
@reasoniamalive: do you mean the subtitles?? cause i have them on my pc. if you need it, pls contact me by mail or pm and i can mail it to you

Phoenix Flame
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
@reasoniamalive: do you mean the subtitles?? cause i have them on my pc. if you need it, pls contact me by mail or pm and i can mail it to you

Ok, I'll get er done. Thanks! :)

Gumdrop
12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
reason, I already said I'd send you the subs in a PM if you wanted tham, lol :P

Phoenix Flame
12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
reason, I already said I'd send you the subs in a PM if you wanted tham, lol :P

Der...which way did she go George? :)
Let me check H.C. I'm not sure I got them yet. Thanks!

Luis
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
The date is coming... a month to go!!! XD I can't believe it!!
As I'm listening to the FFVII OST I've remembered the Forum and I felt the need for coming and say how much I love Final Fantasy and how happy I feel in this Forum!
Wow, too much happines..I guess Christmas is coming..hehe ;)

Phoenix Flame
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
The date is coming... a month to go!!! XD I can't believe it!!
As I'm listening to the FFVII OST I've remembered the Forum and I felt the need for coming and say how much I love Final Fantasy and how happy I feel in this Forum!
Wow, too much happines..I guess Christmas is coming..hehe ;)

Yup, Christmas is just around the corner - but A.C. doesn't come out till 1/20/06 for the U.S. (last I checked.) :mad: I have to stay focused and the day will soon be here! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, was that over the top...I can never tell :)

Luis
12-09-2005, 08:04 PM
lol :p I must wait till the 8th of January, I think (and I hope). No more delays please!!!
By the way, hasn't it been released there yet?

Zeromus_X
12-12-2005, 01:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostigma

this should give the info on geostigma. (star scar syndrome is a much better name:p) as well as the story of the movie in general.

now if they would translate those novels.. :mad:

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Ummm I thought Advent Children was going to come out on Jan. 1st I just hope they don't back it up some more.

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 04:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostigma

this should give the info on geostigma. (star scar syndrome is a much better name:p) as well as the story of the movie in general.

now if they would translate those novels.. :mad:

That info is awsome Zeromus_X! Thanks! I'll have to look up the translation when I have time (After New Year's probably) :)

Black Mage
12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
I hope after the holidays/chrismas I'll be able to buy Ff7 advent children with my own money that i saved up on.

Phoenix Flame
12-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Black Mage... where from???

Just curious to know if A.C. is released where you are.

Luis
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Here I am to let you know something frustrating and irritating: A new delay is here!!
Confusion is taking over me. Some websites say the Spanish release will be on January the 8th,and others say it will be on February!
I read also in a Final Fantasy Spanish forum that there'll be an american delay for the movie, and it won't be released 'till the end of March!
Does anybody know something aoubt it?

Josh-UK
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
im from england and its the same language as america. and even when they have time 2 change stuff they dont. like on english games, things that american's spell different to us brits are still the same, like mom will still be spelt mom! :(
This is aimed at the people who say european hav lots of languages, but actually most europeans speak english tbh! :p
Anyway can wait for it to be released! :D

Luis
01-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I completely disagree. The fact that most europeans speak English does not imply that it's our language. And if English is mostly spoken, it's not only in Europe, but also all over the world, since it's the first international language. And it has nothing to do with the delay, as it has been delayed in America too.
Europe not only means lots of languages, but also very different cultures.
So,anyone knows if these delays I referred to are true?

Zeromus_X
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
yes, at a comic store i go to, they say january, while at a gaming store, they say march...very confusing.

i dont know when exactly itll be released, so itd just be better off buying a hong kong dvd...

it seems no one knows the release date for sure :mad: :(

Luis
01-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I see... Well, I hope these delays are no more than speculations.

Zeromus_X
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
this is from the wikipedia article...

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Japanese: ファイナルファンタジーVII アドベントチルドレン )is a CGI-anime movie based on the successful PlayStation game Final Fantasy VII that is set two years after the events of the game. It is slated to be released on DVD and on a UMD disc for the PSP handheld console. Its official theatrical release date was on September 10, 2005 as the grand public opening. It was released in Japan on September 14, 2005, and is slated to be released in North America on 10 January 2006 and the UK on February 20, 2006. The Australian release is yet to be determined. The movie received the Honorary Maria Award at the Festival Internacional de Cinema de Cataluņa on October 15, 2005.

so i guess NA gets it on January 10th, and the UK gets it on February 20th. but i dont know when the rest of europe will get it... :(

(some of the katakana dont display correctly on my computer...hm...)

Luis
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh yes, I read the article in a Spanish Final Fantasy Forum of its award. ( 'Cataluņa' is a region in Spain, if some of you don't know it. Barcelona is its capital. )
Don't worry Zerosmus, I'll try to survive. My exams will cover most part of my thoughts for a while I guess. Thanks for the info anyway :)

Tiny Bronco
01-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Unfourtunatly it's a week or two later and I still have no clue when FF7AC will be out, but I'm hearing that it'll be out in the US on March 10th which is way to far away for my likings. Does anyone truly no the Release dates. :confused: :mad: :(

Squall Leonhart
01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
In the US it's March at Gamestop and Janurary 10th at EB games. I do NOT know the release date for Europe It's not like I know everything :eek: :eek:

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
OOOOHHH BOY! OOOOHHH BOY! FF7AC is only 45 days away! YIPPPPEEE!!! Personaly, I haven't been this excited for a long time. :)
To express my emotions I will use smilies. Everyone likes smilies.
:) :p ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

The Red Mage
01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I have seen FF7 AC and I think it is a very good movie and the fight scenes are awsome.

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Good! I haven't copied it of the internet in English and am waiting for the actual movie!!! :D
Square sure is taking there sweet time getting it ready for the US and Europe. :(
Probably just to piss me off! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Square's still cool though.

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I know I'm from FF8! but isn't FF7 AC a movie....
if so... a friend of mine has seen it, said it was great & had 7 intense fights!

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Yes, FF7AC is a movie. And yes it does have a bunch of good fight seens in it. :)

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Not that I should say it here....but I heard they were gonna make another one about FF8

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I haven't heard anything like that. It would be cool if they did though. :) Unfourtunatly it wouldn't come out for another year or two considering there isn't even an English version of FF7AC yet. That is if Square's making a FF8 movie.
:confused: I wonder.

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
To be honest I don't know exactly who is making it...but you'r probably right...

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Square/Sony are currently the only ones with the legal rights to FF.

Squall Lionheart
01-25-2006, 08:37 PM
So they are the only ones?

Tiny Bronco
01-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes. I'm sure they're the only ones.

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
got way of topic.......

Tiny Bronco
01-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Then to get back on topic FF7AC is looking cooler by the day from what the Japanese say. I can't wait much longer.

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes, FF7AC is a movie. And yes it does have a bunch of good fight seens in it. :)

Did you SEE it or not?.......

Tiny Bronco
01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
No, I've read everything about it and watched all the trailers, but I'm going to save it until its released in the US.

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 09:44 PM
........good luck with that....

Tiny Bronco
01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
4 months+ is a bit long to wait. :(

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Why is that....will you find it by then?

ShadowHeart
01-29-2006, 10:40 PM
You can watch it now if you want.. it's available online with english subtitles :)

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 10:48 PM
You can watch it now if you want.. it's available online with english subtitles :)

.....never heard of that.......

ShadowHeart
01-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Dude, I saw the movie shortly after it was released in Japan. Downloaded with subtitles. Many people I know did the same.

Squall Lionheart
01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
I...guess.....
.....I'm not that well informed about it.....

ShadowHeart
01-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Well, take it to heart: when a movie is released in any part of the world, you can be pretty sure it'll be available for download somewhere very shortly thereafter, especially if it's a much anticipated movie like that, and if subtitles are needed then there will always be someone who creates their own for it.

Squall Lionheart
01-30-2006, 08:59 AM
ok....did we carried away off-topic?

ShadowHeart
01-30-2006, 09:11 AM
A little bit I guess..

Tiny Bronco
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
I know it was watchable in English but I wanted to say it for the real deal. ;) :p :p :p :p :p :p
:p :D

Phoenix Flame
01-31-2006, 12:01 AM
I finally broke down and bought the Jap. version...the translation sucks!!! You can figure out what they are saying if you pause/rewind, pause/rewind, pause/rewind. THEN it clicks! I hope when the US version is released they do a better job... :(

ShadowHeart
01-31-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah, I'm watching the US version when it's out, hopefully the translation is better :)

Luis
01-31-2006, 05:55 PM
I've been missing for a while...(and I'll continue being missing for a week at least)
So... any news about the releases in USA or Europe?

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I contacted square directly and they said its yet to be announced...no idea. :(

Tiny Bronco
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
They always say that to build up drama for the game. Makes me angry cause we all know its coming out soon. As of today it has been 4 months and 16 days since Japan got it.

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
They always say that to build up drama for the game. Makes me angry cause we all know its coming out soon. As of today it has been 4 months and 16 days since Japan got it.

Maybe they are trying to do a better job translating it then what they did in the Jap. subtitles... :) Let's hope so!

Tiny Bronco
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree. In FF7 all the signs in the slums were in Japanies. I wanted to read those.

Squall Leonhart
02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Dude, I saw the movie shortly after it was released in Japan. Downloaded with subtitles. Many people I know did the same.

I would do that but I don't know how and my Mom said I can't :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Tiny Bronco
02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Well its easy enoff to find just by Googling it, but I'm saving it for the actual release.

Squall Lionheart
02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
...what's the diffrence..........

Luis
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
..the difference between what?

Tiny Bronco
02-03-2006, 05:54 PM
The differencs is that there will be no subtitles unless you set them to be there. Actual English words in an English/US accsent! The signs will be English. There are a lot of little differences between Japanese movies, US movies, and Europe movies besides the language. Most people hardly notice these, but I do and it really makes a movie seem more real to me. Like if I saw Cloud with slanty eyes like the Japanese have it would ruin my veiw of Cloud.

Squall Lionheart
02-04-2006, 01:03 AM
......good thing you notice.......

Tiny Bronco
02-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Ohhhhhhh!!!!!! Look out below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FF7 AC is coming out for the US.
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Square Enix 04/25/06 US!
April 26! :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No dates for Europe. :(

Phoenix Flame
02-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Finally - where did you hear the announcement from???

Tiny Bronco
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
www.gamefaqs.com.
They are always right when they announce an OFFICIAL release date.
FF7AC!!!!!!!!!!!

Luis
02-12-2006, 01:04 PM
No european release date?? I'm starting to get really upset...

Tiny Bronco
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
No European release date, but it can't be more than 2 months after the US gets it if that long. Besides It'll be out in English on the Interenet so you can watch it without subtitles.

gcarev10
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
ok advent children on dvd i wont see that film.

Luis
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Any news on AC?? Please!! When is it coming to Europe??? Has it even been launched in the States? I'll personally phone the one who is in charge of it... as soon as I know who it is... :D

Zeromus_X
04-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I know it'll be out here in very late April. :) (That's a concrete release date, no more sillyness.) Really, ordering a foreign copy or just downloading it would be better, than having to wait that long. :p

Lucavi86
04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
I've already seen it :p Its really awesome. I won't ruin any of it, but you guys will like it. It really does rock! I can't wait for the english version. :D

Zeromus_X
04-06-2006, 02:21 AM
1st time I saw it: OMG!! *Let's out inner FFVII fanboyishness*

2nd time: Yeah, Vincent kicks ass.

3rd time: Kitten Sith didn't do anything!!! :(

4th time: Meh.

5th time: It's not...the best movie ever.

Tiny Bronco
04-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Final Fantasy: Advent Children Square Enix 09/14/05 JP
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Square Enix 04/24/06 EU
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Square Enix 04/25/06 US

So its not fun to watch over and over. :( :( :( :( :(
The above are the official release dates. ;)
Seriously. These are the right ones. No excusses.

Start the count down...
432hrs. till FF7AC

Avathar
04-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Any news on AC?? Please!! When is it coming to Europe??? Has it even been launched in the States? I'll personally phone the one who is in charge of it... as soon as I know who it is...:D

I've bought it on dvd this year in January^^, and i live in Europe as well :rolleyes: , i guess i'm just lucky with the lots of manga shops here in Antwerp. And now i got the preview video, so i can look how Advent Children is in English.....-_-...and Japanese is lots better^^.

Zeromus_X
04-09-2006, 03:31 AM
.and Japanese is lots better^^.

They usually are. :p Seriously, I think they could've picked better voice actors for Sephiroth and Aerith, Mena Suvari sounds like an emotionless robot. --;;

Lucavi86
04-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a feeling I'm not going to like the english voices. I usually don't. :( Oh and if anyone would like Advent Children wallpapers, let me know. I have an abundace of them :p

Tiny Bronco
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
16 more days until FF7AC! 15 if you are in Europe!
A question: When someone says 2 Quarter what exactly do they mean? Is there a specific time frame?

Luis
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Official release dates??? ARE THEY?? XD I hope you're right!
Well... the problem I have with the Japanese version is...that I do not understand Japanese actually... and I don't wanna see this movie with subtitles.
That's another reason for which I'm waiting for a European version...(I hope there're Spanish subtitles!)

If not, I'll watch it in English. The only thing is that since my English is not as good as I'd like to, I'll probably have problems with vocabulary or expressions...

Ah, and it's normal that most of you don't like their voices... I can't imagine who will be making the Spanish voices! (if there's Spanish audio..)

Zeromus_X
04-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Is it that big a deal? Most people I know don't care, after all, most English voice actors can't compare to their Japanese voice actors (and after hearing their voices already, I can already tell that they won't be too great.) Meh. If you have to have to hear it. ;)

Tiny Bronco
04-10-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm excited because I haven't seen it yet. I won't have anything to compare voices with so I'll like it. HA HA!!!!! Waiting pays off!!!

ShadowHeart
04-11-2006, 01:04 PM
most English voice actors can't compare to their Japanese voice actors
That's just cause they usually hire crappy voice actors. Now if they got some real actors doing the voices in English...

And I don't think the Japanese voices were extraordinarily good or anything. I just think they sound silly, partly because I don't understand a word they say and I suppose because I'm not really used to hearing Japanese. In any case, I have a feeling you'd have a different view on the voice actors if you actually understood everything they said.. not necessarily a worse view, but definitely a more balanced one.

Zeromus_X
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, why do they need to hire all these celebrities, instead of actual people who know how to voice act? *sigh*...

jessek705
04-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Ya true enough but i havent wasted my time getting the japenese, but poor canadians only can get on UMD (PSP) but i pre ordered the collectors edition from amazon.com it was a nice preorder sale lol. If sale is still on its like 35% off hehe (on DVD).

Spiff
04-19-2006, 11:01 AM
I finally saw it last night. It was decent and I'll probably buy it on DVD.

gcarev10
04-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes i can wayt to came on my cantry, for teh internet i dont know hey do u thinks that u can rent that dvd in dvd store.

Lucavi86
04-21-2006, 02:31 AM
I just saw a commercial for Adven Children and it says it'll be out on DVD and PSP April 25th. :o

Luis
04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
I can't believe it...if u r right, it'll be available on Monday! XD
I'll get reported these days about sale stores where I can buy it, and so on...
By the way, I'm sooo saad! My PC doesn't work! :( I'm writting the post from another place...
We'll be in contact FF friendsss ;)

Lucavi86
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I've seen the commercial on tv a couple of times, now and it looks real. *crosses fingers* lets hope :)

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Hmm, if it has all those spiffy extra features, it'll probably be worth $20 or however much it'll be. The english cast doesn't seem to bad, with a few exceptions. (Although Kadaj doesn't sound like a woman, which...is kinda weird. :p) Just kidding. But I may still get it, I wonder who will do Vincent's voice?

Here's the most updated AC Wiki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_children)

Wezzy
04-22-2006, 09:15 AM
So...If it's coming to Europe on the 24th...It'll be here in 2DAYS?! Someone please confirm that!!!

Luis
04-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Anger...Fury...and other feelings like these ones describe how I'm feeling today.
I was looking for a store in which I could buy FFVII:AC in Internet, but somehow I haven't found it in a specialised one. Then, I've searched in google for news on release dates for the Advent Chidlren(in Spain) and then a link guides me to my actual feelings: the release date for AC is delayed 'till July 2006, and this date can be changed yet.
.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .....
I'm gonna mail Square and complain about these &5*@% joke...

I'm leaving to the mountains... to bring my calm and sanity back again...

Master Strife
04-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Ive already seen it, and it rules! but i want to get a copy of it myself, my friend bought an english copy back from Japan when he went, but i want my own copy! its not fair! why do we english people always have to wait for ages for something decent to come over!?

Cloud101
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Advent Children is out today!!!!!!!!!!! Man this is so going to rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avathar
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Anger...Fury...and other feelings like these ones describe how I'm feeling today.
I was looking for a store in which I could buy FFVII:AC in Internet, but somehow I haven't found it in a specialised one. Then, I've searched in google for news on release dates for the Advent Chidlren(in Spain) and then a link guides me to my actual feelings: the release date for AC is delayed 'till July 2006, and this date can be changed yet.
.... .....
I'm gonna mail Square and complain about these &5*@% joke...

I'm leaving to the mountains... to bring my calm and sanity back again...

:p dude, chill out. Advent Children isn't even THAT good to get all excited about. When i could borrow the dvd last year, i was like, yeah, great. :) Than afterwards, i was like, meh, yeah, excellent graphics though. :p

Tiny Bronco
04-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I just want to see it so I can find some of the answers to FF7.
And I here Vincent Kicks Bahuamuts Southern End!!!!!!!
Go Vincent!

Master Strife
I've already seen it, and it rules! but i want to get a copy of it myself, my friend bought an english copy back from Japan when he went, but i want my own copy! its not fair! why do we english people always have to wait for ages for something decent to come over!?

All of the games in todays world are developed in Japan. So the rest of the world has to wait for translations and international marketing laws. :(
It is fair though cause they made them.

Lokzor
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Got my copy of AC today. Looking forward to seeing it tonight :D

BTW: If I liked "The Spirits Within"(and I know I'm one of the few) then I'm sure I'll love this.

Avathar
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
The story of Spirits Within is even more vague than that of Advent Children. xD :) But i do remember watching it in the cinema (pretty young, then), and i didn't get the plot at all, but i enjoyed the images, though. :p

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
All of the games in todays world are developed in Japan. So the rest of the world has to wait for translations and international marketing laws. :(

Well, all the good games anyway. :p Just kidding. But anyway, to compromise the wait between releases, they usually add in extra stuff for outside versions (like the WEAPONs in FFVII, or FFX PAL's Dark Aeons, KH's NA optional bosses, etc). Well, in FF games at least, I've noticed. (Which, in turn, gets put in some 'International', 'Deluxe', 'Remix', or 'Director's Cut' version.)

The reason why it takes so long is that they have to translate things (reprogramming it, basically), fixing any bugs that may have been in the original, adding things in, and other stuff. Translating is the one major thing, especially in Europe, since it has many (and there are alot) of languages.

Master Strife
04-26-2006, 05:29 AM
I just want to see it so I can find some of the answers to FF7.
And I here Vincent Kicks Bahuamuts Southern End!!!!!!!
Go Vincent!

Master Strife

yea i understand, does anyone know a release date for the UK?

Wezzy
04-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Which website do you get the dates off? It would save me asking all the time cause they're always delaying it...

Tiny Bronco
04-26-2006, 06:43 PM
The best website for release dates is definatly gamefaqs.com
Best ever.

FF7AC is already out for the UK.

Luis
04-27-2006, 06:18 AM
I've came back from the mountains... ;)
I feel like being more calm today.
It's not that I got so angry 'cause I think it'll be the greatest movie ever, but I don't like these stupid delays, these 3months delays... I'd rather they told at the beginning they would delay it almost a year.
I saw the new release dates just googling the words: 'advent children release date', in spanish of course. :p
PS: I keep on thinking of complaining to Square about the delay. It doesn't matter if they answer me(not probable) or not(very probable), but I'll feel much better after I do it. :D

Cloud101
04-28-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm going to buy AC tomorow, OH YEAH!!!!!!

Wezzy
05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Well i'm gonna get it at the weekend...I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Tiny Bronco
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Around May 14th for me!

Reno
05-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I finally got it!! I've been waiting!! (yeah, i'm kinda late...)
It's so good!!......Has anyone seen it yet? I wanna rant to someone...

Tiny Bronco
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
This may sound stupid, but does anyone know where I can see FF7AC on the internet. :o
Reasons are a lot of people have said its good, but not worth rewhatching. :( I'd like to see to decide for myself. Problem is I can't find it anywhere! Help please.

ShadowHeart
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Take it to private messages, any links will be deleted on spot. And no, I don't know.

Reno
05-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh HELL!! It's WAY worth rewatching. I think I must've watched it about 10 times...and that's just the english version...^_^

I must say, though...The Japanese version was much better regarding the lines. They were just more effective. Sorry. Won't go into too muich detail. don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. :D

Avathar
05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
I've only rewatched it, just to see how the English dubbings are. ^^;; And they were no good. Besides, i liked watching it...but not as a movie, you know? It's not really a movie at first, since it's not a story and its own, and the story by itself is still quite vague. But (besides the amazing graphics) there are cool moments in this film, but that's the thing:
Advent Children has good moments, but as a whole, it's not great at all, though.
:D But that's my opinion.

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 05:08 PM
if that is fact i am god now coz of my expectation

Reno
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I dunno, I thought the english dubbing was quite good. It was effective how they changed some of the lines to match the mouths of the characters. But, i have to admit that the lines were much better (and less cheesy) in the Japanese version.

gcarev10
05-10-2006, 06:06 PM
ha ha ha i was saying good 1 o less maybe i am

sorryyoulost
05-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I alredy saw AC AND IT WAS FREGGIN SWEET!!!! BEST MOVIE EVER!!! Well, march 25th for America and i duno for the rest of the world. I saw it nearly 5 months ago, it was in jap subtitles though. I like Renos cell ring tone. And i dont get why Rufus is in a chair the entire movie.

Reno
05-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I didn't notice Reno's phone ringing...Mayeb i just forgot. I know Loz's phone rang. That was funny. The victory song. *giggle*

Avathar
05-11-2006, 04:01 PM
5 best things in Advent Children:

1. The cell phone's ringing. :)
2. Rude and Reno running away from Bahamut, carrying the kids. ^^
3. Vincent :3
4. Rude having an extra pair of sunglasses. :D
5. How Rufus just stood up out of his weelchair, and threw away the Cells. :D :D

Reno
05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
ooh ooh!! And when Reno smacked Rude in the face when he went to attack Bahamut. That was funny. ^_^

Avathar
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
ooh ooh!! And when Reno smacked Rude in the face when he went to attack Bahamut. That was funny. ^_^

;) That's my number 6. ^^ Poor Rude...he has such a hard time, but he keeps his coolness..

Austin Al
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM
hahaha i also like that part. it was great!!!! i have seen the movie like a millon times now.... i must be crazy... no im in love lol

Elena
05-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Nah, you're not crazy. YOU ARE GREAT!! No-one can be crazy if they've seen the film loads!!

SethirothVII
05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
the film best film ive ever seen reno, rude, rufus all still cool and of course sephiroth, tifa is wicked as well

Austin Al
05-12-2006, 07:25 PM
hey, ur right i'm not crazy...... we must be like the greatest people on the planet.... if we have all seen the movie.....(so many times)....... one thing that made me made was the killing of Sephiroth.... it ended to fast... but the fight was so sweet... that was my favorite song in the movie to "The One Winged Angle" ( if i spelled it right) and i'm glad there is a site were i can talk to people how understand Final Fantasy!!!!

Avathar
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/buccobucco/welcome4.jpg
(You might wanna choose a smaller picture as a sig, though ^^;)

And yeah, i liked Advent Children for that part that i'm a fan of FFVII, and it's got great moments in it, but as a movie: still a big nono. :p

Austin Al
05-12-2006, 08:37 PM
WHAT do u mean big nono;;;;;................ i made that picture myself lol u can't see it very well.... that makes me mad

Avathar
05-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Movie-wise, Advent Children is a flaw. Just like movies as The Spirits Within: it looks cool, but.. the story is so vague. Advent Children isn't a movie on its own. But that's my opinion. :D There are enough FF7 Fanboys out there to keep this movie its standard. :)
( :p Plus, i'm not saying to choose another, like, can't you change the size of the picture to a smaller form? ;) )

Austin Al
05-13-2006, 04:10 AM
The Spirits Within: is a flaw.... but Advent Children is too if u look at it like that. lol but its good becuse we played the game... if u haven't played the game its does not make a good movie..... ( and what happend in the 2 years before the movie... they should have feeled us in on that) The one reason i like Final Fantasy Advent Children is becuse its got the coolest fight scinse...lol i think that is what u ment about the "FF7 Fanboys" <lol> i understand what u ment.....

I don't know how to change the size of my picture becuse i just started at this site and i don't really know the ropes..... < lets Be Friends becuse i don't got any> no joke i really don't have friends yet

Zeromus_X
05-13-2006, 04:25 AM
To be honest, it's a pretty collosal banner. If there's any way to make it smaller, please do so, as it really takes up space.

AC is the sequel to FFVII. So yeah, you may want to play the game to figure out what's going on. AC doesn't stand on its own, it's a part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, and the film sequel to FFVII. It's not necessary to see (and besides the fight scenes and graphics, wasn't terribly special), and I will say that it ruined what people could make up in their imaginations as to what happens after the events of the game. (Well, in between that 500 years, at any rate.)

Riki
05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
well all i no that the movie was good

Austin Al
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
ok.... i'll just change the picture... (sad Cry) Zeromus_X i thank u for saying u liked my picture.... i messed up alot but at lest you guys got to c it...... thank u for being truthful....

gcarev10
05-16-2006, 05:33 PM
don have dont wont to talk abaut that thing MAD

richboywonder
06-26-2006, 12:10 AM
can't wait to watch it.

Spirit
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I want to watch the movie NOW, I just can't wait. DAMN YOU, BIN LADEN!!

Luis
07-08-2006, 08:09 AM

And it has been changed again. FFVII:AC comes to Spain in September (the date can be changed once more, of course) :eek: :eek:
I think my patience has come to an end. I give it up. I'm gonna watch it with the damned subtitles.
PS: A curious thing is that it's already available in France... I hate it.

Avathar
07-08-2006, 09:55 AM
And it has been changed again. FFVII:AC comes to Spain in September (the date can be changed once more, of course) :eek: :eek:
I think my patience has come to an end. I give it up. I'm gonna watch it with the damned subtitles.
PS: A curious thing is that it's already available in France... I hate it.

Can't you watch the whole movie on the internet by now?

Luis
07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, but I've been waiting for the Spanish version so that I didn't had to pay attention to subtitles...My English is not 'proficency English', and there probably will be words that I won't understand. However, I got tired of waiting. :rolleyes:
PS: By the internet, you mean downloading it, don't you?

Zeromus_X
07-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Really? That's rather ridiculous then.

YouTube is also an option, although they remove copyrighted videos regularly.

Avathar
07-08-2006, 07:05 PM

Just like they did with Last Order, if i remember correctly.

Luis
07-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Really? That's rather ridiculous then. What's ridiculous?

Has the whole movie ever been in Internet? And could you watch it for free?? I had never heard of that before! Maybe it is something like Square agrees a contract to let the company load the movie to its webpage for a determined amount of money?

Anyway, I guess I'll do something. Thanks for your suggestions, guys. :)

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
That it hasn't been released in Spain yet, after a year of waiting, and its already in France. I'd be pretty pissed.

Luis
07-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh yes, it is. I can't understand it. I don't think they're translating it to the different dialects in Spain. Although they did it, it's been a long time since the first release date they promised. So, I'll watch it in Japanese with the English subtitles! :D

Dark Cloud
07-11-2006, 02:31 PM
but everyones gotta agree it was a really really good film.
the animation the action and the story.
they made the characters look so good

Avathar
07-11-2006, 02:43 PM
but everyones gotta agree it was a really really good film.
the animation the action and the story.

The animation is definetly overwhelming, together with the action, there's no doubt about that, it's top class. :)
But that's the only good thing about AC, as far as i see it.
I laugh at the storyline.

they made the characters look so good

Heh, reminds me how i would compare it with The Spirits Within: The characters in AC show more emotion in their facial expression, as there is hardly any emotion in TSW's characters, but then again, graphic-wise The Spirits Within just IS better, and the voice-acting is far more suitable. (In Advent Children everything is so monotone, without even mentioning Cloud's emo moments)

The characters do look good (but what's the thing with leather? :p), although most male characters really take it bishounen-wise. (Come on, at some moments Cloud looks and acts really like a woman =P )

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-12-2006, 12:02 AM
iT was a cool ass movie even more...never mind.:)

ultimecia
07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
ive watched advent children its okay 3 stars

ChibiSelphie
07-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Kadaj and Yazoo are my personal Sex Slaves

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Kadaj and Yazoo are my personal Sex Slaves
GAWD! you talking about ppl being Sexy alot :-/

Good movie when first watch'd...it loses its flavour after awhile tho. i only watch the movie for the Cloud Vs. Sephiroth battle now :D

Luis
02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Err... I know this is an old thread XD
But I've gotta say that... THE MOVIE IS GONNA BE FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY RELEASED THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY IN SPAIN IN THE DVD FORMAT!!!!! XD XD XD
Damn, I feel like if we were an undeveloped country in this matters...
It's already been released here, but in the PSP format. Then, the 20th it'll be released, with the 2 DVD's of extras and all that stuff.
I promise I'll close the thread as soon as I watch it. I know there's another like this one, but more recent, but hey! you can see in this thread how many times my hopes were crushed for the delays and so on.
I don't find it logical, that it was released in France last summer but not here. Nevermind, this time it's offically true! XD

PS: No, I've not seen it yet. What's wrong with it? XD I said I would wait and I've waited for it. I've been very busy doing some other things by the way.

Tiny Bronco
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Well congratulations for the tremendous amount of will power it took to actually wait for the movie. I bet you'll enjoy it.

Luis
02-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Well congratulations for the tremendous amount of will power it took to actually wait for the movie. I bet you'll enjoy it.

lol
You know... THAT'S THE 1337 POWAH!!!! =0
XD
I bet I will too. :)

EDIT:
I've just seen the movie. And although I know this won't ever be readen by someone related to the FFVII staff, I just wanted to thank them all for making this movie. Fans have really appreciated it. This movie was needed.
I needed it...
I'll close the thread in time, if anyone has nothing to say about it. The main purpose of the thread was not only to talk about the movie, but also to know release dates, trailers and some lines of the plot.

Gackt Camui
03-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I totally agree with you.

Luis
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I waited almost 2 years to watch it... so, believe me: I felt an incredible sensation of calm and quiteness when I saw it...
XD
I loved that they used most of the FFVII songs: the battle one, Jenova's, One Winged Angel, Aerith's Tifa's and Cloud's one...
And the Loz's cell ringtone in the church! XD

Gackt Camui
03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Ah don't get me going on Loz. I LOVE THAT GUY!

Arcane
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
watch the movie?
it came out quite a while back alreaydy =)
it 2007 now.

Phoenix Flame
03-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Ah don't get me going on Loz. I LOVE THAT GUY!
You and empresscrystal may have to fight over him...

her YIM status = 'Having adult fun w/Loz'

LMAO

Luis
03-18-2007, 03:28 PM
You and empresscrystal may have to fight over him...

her YIM status = 'Having adult fun w/Loz'

LMAO

You can't be serious... XD ROTFLMAO

watch the movie?
it came out quite a while back alreaydy =)
it 2007 now

Actually, it's been released recently in Spain... February the 20th. And waiting for it has been worthy. :)

Gackt Camui
03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Ah I don't have to fight her for him...I've already won him.