PDA

View Full Version : FFNET GUILD is up.

Shaggy
08-16-2005, 02:35 AM
I just installed the Cash/Bank hack. Everytime you post you get Gil. With this Gil you can buy items for the forum. Like change your user name color. You would be able to change your custom title. You can do alot more with it, just check the FFNET Guild on the right of your privire messages section near your user name on the top right.

You might as well save up, because this Gill that you save will allow you to buy weapons and magic when I get this rpg installed. Do what you want. I'm saving up on mine.. :)

How much you get:

New Threads : 3 Gil
Reply to a Thread : 2 Gil

This may change. You never know. ;)

ShadowHeart
08-16-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm guessing this has something to do with the extra stuff that is now shown on the left of each of your posts..

I don't mean to be annoying or a fun-killer or whatever, but the ton of stuff that is displayed on the left is messing up the forum IMO. Every post takes up a huge amount of viewable space even if they are only 1 or 2 lines long (kind of like when you have a huge signature image).

Is it possible to hide it if I don't want to see it constantly? I mean, if I really want to see someone's stats, I can just click on the "View Extended RPG stats" link. It would be nice if it was possible to hide it, cause it's annoying me when it's there in every single post.

*hides*

EDIT: I think I found where I can make the RPG stats a dropdown thingie instead of always shown.. but when I try changing my RPG info there I get this error:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Final Fantasy Network database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

(seems I can't use formatting tags in here..)

Zerlina
08-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Awesome code, Shaggy, but yeah...same thing happens to me. It won't let me change my profile. And this bugs me because I have the picture of a guy -.-'

FFnut
08-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I got the same problem. It bugs you that your character looks like a guy? My character has female written in the stats!

ShadowHeart
08-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Heh, yeah mine has Female written in the stats too!

Shaggy
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I know about the databse error everyone. I just need to find the fix, and you will be able to have it as a drop down rather then the nasty looking think on the left. Just give me time fellas.. ;)

Zerlina
08-16-2005, 05:09 PM
So...how do we battle each other?

ShadowHeart
08-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, that I would like to know too, I'm a little confused. About all I know is that you can challenge people to battle, but not how you actually go about battling :)

FFnut
08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey, Shaggy, any idea when mages get spells? It's rather annoying going about with a black mage and punching everyone.

Shaggy
08-16-2005, 09:54 PM
You have to get experiance and also gil to buy items. ;)

FFnut
08-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Oh, so it's an item-learning system (like FF9)? Or do you have to buy the spells (a la FF1)?

Shaggy
08-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Yep, you have to get exp to get stronger, buy items like potions, spells, weapons, and protection, and the only way to get Gil is to post.

FFnut
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Okay, so I'm level 5... how long until I can buy spells?

Shaggy
08-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Not sure FFnut, this is all new to me too. :p

Its just going to take sometime to find all this out. I will let you know everything when I know everything..:)

Arkacia
08-17-2005, 06:57 AM
This is great. I was exploring the guild and rpg links and discovered how to fight monsters. Fought and won 6 battles. It was fun.

Thanks for putting this up Shaggy :).

Coelie
08-17-2005, 07:00 AM
very very nice, but all is so expensive, I sure hope that changes ;)

ShadowHeart
08-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Just get more gil :p

FFnut
08-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Arkacia, care to clue us in on how to fight monsters?

ShadowHeart
08-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I found it.

At the top, just below the Logout button, there's a link "RPG". If you click on it, a dropdown menu will appear. At the bottom of the dropdown menu there's a link to the "Monster Arena", where you can battle monsters :)

EDIT#1: Another question.. what does depositing into the bank do?

EDIT#2: It seems excessively expensive to heal yourself at the training center. 54 Gil just for healing 24% of your HP! Sheesh. I hope you automatically regenerate HP over time, cause I'm not about to waste that much money for that little just yet :)

EDIT#3: The healing cost goes up as I get less and less HP it seems. Oh and, why don't you get Gil for killing monsters? In every FF game you get Gil for fighting, but not here :/ hehe

EDIT#4: I bought a potion for my hard-earned 100 Gil, and went into battle with a monster to use it (it gives 150 HP in battle, only 100 outside). It gave me 0 HP and I died. WTF? I hate this RPG game :(

Zerlina
08-17-2005, 01:27 PM
That's why you should all be white mages. Life is much easier.

Hey...did anyone notice how many posts there are this morning? ;)

Spiff
08-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Looking good

FFnut
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Any way you can input an in-battle cancellation feature, when it's not your turn? I'm stuck in battle with Lionheart250 right now and I can't buy any items or do much of anything at all.

The RPG menu doesn't show up for me, either. When I click on it all I get is a little black line going down the right side of my browser with nothing to click on.

EDIT: Okay, I accessed the monster arena after going through pages and pages of source code looking for that one link. I'm still stuck in my battle, so is there any way to end it even though it's his turn?

Shaggy
08-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Just ask/pm me to have you caneled out of a battle. That is the only way it can happen for now.. I guess. So you want me to cancel the battle ffnut?

FFnut
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
If you don't mind, yeah, cancel it. Thanks.

Luis
08-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I think this will be really fun! By the way, could anybody help me telling me how to put a picture in the signature?xppp thank you!!

Shaggy
08-18-2005, 03:26 AM
If you don't mind, yeah, cancel it. Thanks.
Your all set FFnut.

FFnut
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Much thanks.

Also, any way you can tone down that Grendador monster to make it suitable for level 5 characters? It's parameters are all 0 but it can still dish out 60-something damage because it's level 10.

EDIT: I'm about to send you a PM regarding the Clan Point system, but I was also wondering how to boost your limit - I've seen the Thunder Flan do it several times.

Shaggy
08-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Just give me a few days to try to figure the RPG settings out and it will be runnig at tip top shape. Its new to me also, so I have to learn how to set it all up right.

I just upped the Gil rate for replying to a thread to 4 gil and creating a thread to 8 gil per.

Shadow, when you deposit Gil into the bank, you can leave it there and earn interest on it. It may not be much put I may up that if I can too.

ShadowHeart
08-19-2005, 06:06 AM
You can spend deposited money like normally though?

Coelie
08-19-2005, 03:12 PM
When can we buy magic and, can archer class people use magics 2 ?

FFnut
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Upped the gil? Excellent. All the more reason to finish up this Character Contest.

I'm still wondering about the magic, and the cost of healing is still way too high for the amount you'll spend on it. Whenever you get around to them, it's fine.

Shaggy
08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I am still trying to figure out how to setup spells and magic.

Shadow, yes I believe you can withdraw it and spend it. Not to sure though.

Coelie
08-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Don't rush yourself in doing it else it maybe gets worse in stead of better, take ur time

FFnut
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I am still trying to figure out how to setup spells and magic.

Shadow, yes I believe you can withdraw it and spend it. Not to sure though.

As far as I can tell, depositing money does nothing - rather, you keep the amount of money you have and it adds money to the bank as well. Withdrawing, however, removes money from the bank AND yourself. It went like this for me.

Have 187 points, deposit 1
Me 187 Bank 1
Withdraw 1 from bank
Me 186

That's what showed up on my screen anyway.

EDIT: Then I post here and I get up to 191, so I guess it replaced that point unless Shaggy upped the point system again.

ShadowHeart
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Actually, I think it's a bug with the updating your own money.

I had 78 Gil (I thought it was 76 though), and I deposited 76. On the next screen it said I had 78 Gil still, and 76 in the bank. I deposited the last 2 Gil, and on the next screen it said I had 2 Gil and 78 in the bank. Then I just refreshed the page and it said I had 0 Gil on me and 78 in the bank. Notice anything?

It seems to me that the screen shown after depositing/withdrawing has the up to date value on your deposited money, but the old value of the Gil you're carrying (until you refresh it or load the bank page again).

FFnut
08-22-2005, 02:18 PM
That makes sense, then. Weird that it only updates what you have in the bank though.

Coelie
08-23-2005, 03:40 AM
AND shaggy did update the post prices, it's like....4 gp a post now

Arkacia
09-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Weapons and armour and items have had their buffs and levels set so all should work now. I've tested things out using a mage masher and it worked fine.

Any problems let us know :).

Spiff
09-05-2005, 09:27 PM
How's the lottery work, or is it not up yet.

Totorosama
09-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks, man. Can't wait to fight! Too bad I'm level 2...